Home

Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino

Posted By: tiger84

Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/19/13 11:29 PM

i have taken it down
Posted By: Little_Frankie

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/19/13 11:33 PM

As a general rule of thumb, if something is posted on a private board, it should stay there unless the OP shares it.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/19/13 11:33 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if its true. Informants dont face retaliation or mob retribution after their damage from testimony is already done, maybe at one point in time they might have but in this day and age its unlikely. Even if Joey had a reputation as a hitter/loose cannon.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/19/13 11:43 PM

Wouldn't it be something if a week later that asshole Paciello was to turn up dead. All shot up and stuffed into the trunk of some car parked at the airport. You know the cops first stop would be knocking on Merlino's front door.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/19/13 11:46 PM

No comment on the story, but i bet nothing happens to the guy
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

Wouldn't it be something if a week later that asshole Paciello was to turn up dead. All shot up and stuffed into the trunk of some car parked at the airport. You know the cops first stop would be knocking on Merlino's front door.

Why would you do that when you can throw him in the everglades or take him out to sea maybe they can get Phil Leonetti to steer the boat as mentioned in mafia prince "Only I was allowed to steel the boat" " I was the man!"
Posted By: SinatraClub

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Little_Frankie
As a general rule of thumb, if something is posted on a private board, it should stay there unless the OP shares it.

Agreed. And I don't think the OP shared it anywhere else for this specific reason.
Posted By: paprincess

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 04:30 AM

Good thing I wasn't there I'd initially get anxiety then if the big guys behavior got out of hand I'd kick him in the knees and run.. were the pretty women skantilly clad???
Posted By: Vigil

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 05:06 AM

What happened here? What did I miss?
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Vigil
What happened here? What did I miss?

Long story short, Paciello and Joey Merlino saw each other at a basketball game. They were staring each other down and Paciello came over to Merlino and said something like, "Yeah, I'm a rat, but here I am." Basically an "in your face" to Merlino.

Like I said on another forum, I usually don't hate rats like so many others do but Paciello bugs even me for some reason. And it's not exactly brave to get in Merlino's face when there are thousands of people around.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 05:46 AM

Yeah id like to see you fucking do it
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 05:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny

No, thank you. I'm not suicidal.

But my point stands. It would be one thing for Paciello to walk up to Merlino on the street, in a club, etc. But at a basketball game where you know nothing is going to happen?
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 10:43 AM

Would chris have done it if they where in the woods with no witnesses and miles away from the nearest town?
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 11:23 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

No, thank you. I'm not suicidal.

But my point stands. It would be one thing for Paciello to walk up to Merlino on the street, in a club, etc. But at a basketball game where you know nothing is going to happen?

I dont think it really matters where he does it, end of the day hes still walking around in the open everyday without fear from anyone.
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 03:45 PM

I read "A Mob Story" (by Michele McPhee) about Paciello. He is a POS but has some balls. As Scorsese noted, he ain't hiding.

Joey has balls too but is smart enough not engage Paciello in public. Paciello knows that too.

IF Joey wanted to do something, he could wait a while. Paciello has enough enemies that the cops would be guessing who did it unless Joey pulled "a Nicodemo".

BTW - the book is only so so, and has several errors, specifically about the history of LCN.
Posted By: SnickersMagillicutti

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 04:07 PM

Mobsters have become soft. What is the point of being a mobster if you are not willing to say fuck it and just kill the motherfucker? It would be an honor to go to jail for the rest of your life if you whacked a rat. Do you realize how much respect you would have?

Why people become mobsters today blows my mind cause most of them can't accept that yes they may end up in jail for the rest of their life someday. Its like a stupid game to them. Its the reason why the mob isn't respected anymore like the old days.

People get involved in the mob cause they think it would be cool to be a mobster. But once they get the feds in their face threatening them with jail time, they turn rats. Even bosses now will rat on eachother to save their own ass.

As far as I am concerned everyone in the mob should just retire cause its emberassing really.

Thank god I never got involved in that stupid game.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 04:41 PM

im guessing this happened in south beach, would chris been as brave at a philly or nets home game. I hate the heat. the celts almost and should have ended there win streak. dam I read in some rag mag that guy was tring to get with Sophia v. from modern family I think he got into it with her husband the guy does have a temper. you think after getting your freedom from a life sentence if you got arrested for anything your toast this guy stays getting arrested for fighting, dui.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 05:14 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
im guessing this happened in south beach, would chris been as brave at a philly or nets home game. I hate the heat. the celts almost and should have ended there win streak. dam I read in some rag mag that guy was tring to get with Sophia v. from modern family I think he got into it with her husband the guy does have a temper. you think after getting your freedom from a life sentence if you got arrested for anything your toast this guy stays getting arrested for fighting, dui.

In my opinion he should have gotten his ass kicked in front of the public. That would have sent a message.

But isn't Merlino on probation right now or something?
Posted By: DiLorenzo

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 05:20 PM

He didn't give up merlino or anybody with him, so he couldn't give a rats azz about this punk !!

Nobody today is gonna put themselves or their freedom on the line for other people if they don't have too !!

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 05:29 PM

That is the problem. Sorry to say but that is the problem.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 05:30 PM

Why take an oath in the first place? Do you know what Luciano would have done to people who weren't willing to whack a rat?

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 05:38 PM

Wow. I am going to look some stuff up on this and read a little more...

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: paprincess
Good thing I wasn't there I'd initially get anxiety then if the big guys behavior got out of hand I'd kick him in the knees and run.. were the pretty women skantilly clad???

Julia?

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 06:26 PM

And the rumor mill keeps running......
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 06:42 PM

And Paciello is on probation for his DUI, I don't buy this story for a second. It's strange there is no source or anything to validate this ever happened.
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 06:47 PM

Wasn't he on federal probation for his other case too?

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 06:56 PM

No idea on the Federal bit, they get parole not probation which is different. However getting the DUI would have tripped up his Parole so I'm GUESSING his Federal Parole was complete. He got his DUI in Miami, Florida doesn't mess around with the probabtion standards. They lock EVERYONE up for the slightest infraction.

Getting back to the Paciello/ Merlino story I just don't buy it happened. Paciello like I said is on probabtion and thin ice. Merlino no idea what his story is. Like I said some have to source here others can just throw it out there and it's ok.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:00 PM

Well i know if you go to prison you get paroled State or Fed, but i thought if you get a plea while your fighting your case the Fed's still have probation as an option.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:03 PM

Paciello was in the can so my pint was he would have got parole regarding the federal bit. My response was a little choppy but you get me point?
Posted By: cheech

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:11 PM

i call bullshit

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:13 PM

Yeah, well either way the guys a scumbag.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:22 PM

Which one? Paciello or Merlino?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: EastHarlemItal
Like I said some have to source here others can just throw it out there and it's ok.

Preach, Little Brother, preach!

Where's the link? Who's the source? Did the Feds document it with form # IT-406-NN-44-up-your-ooogool? Any pictures?

I say it's nonsense. We all know that, in most cases, they're not killing rats anymore. But if he got called out in public this would force Merlino's hand. He'd lose too much face if he didn't do something.

And why the fuck would a Colombo rat decide to antagonize a Philly guy? Or better yet, why would Joey initiate a staredown with a rat from another family? His attitude would surely be to let New York clean up their own mess.

To each his own, but I ain't buying it.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:37 PM

It's been said before, "if you can quote the rules, you can live by the rules"

It's just humorous how some want everyone to post by a standard but don't follow the standard themselves. Me I just don't have the time, energy or ambition to go thru fifty thousand old documents. Of which most of these documents are skewed by informants or agents with an agenda.
Posted By: spmob

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:40 PM

I don't know. Pic on RD is pretty reliable. Not saying its def true but I wouldn't just say no because its not in the paper. And my two cents, if this did happen, Merlino did what he was suppose to do. I don't think it would force him to do shit. He just got out of jail and Chris P is a dirtbag just looking for some press. Whats he suppose to fight him? We all know this is not going to be some hit cause Merlino got called out. And If something did happen, it wouldn't happen now. But Merlino does have a long memory. But in the long Run, Merlino did the right thing. Chris P didn't rat on him. Whats he care? Hes chilling getting an envelope each month. He doesn't want to rock the boat.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:41 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
But in the long Run, Merlino did the right thing. Chris P didn't rat on him. Whats he care? Hes chilling getting an envelope each month. He doesn't want to rock the boat.

That was exactly my point. Why would Joey even get into a staredown with the guy when his family had NOTHING to do with that piece of shit?

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:43 PM

Paciello or lugdewigen whatever his name is.
Posted By: spmob

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
But in the long Run, Merlino did the right thing. Chris P didn't rat on him. Whats he care? Hes chilling getting an envelope each month. He doesn't want to rock the boat.

That was exactly my point. Why would Joey even get into a staredown with the guy when his family had NOTHING to do with that piece of shit?

I agree. But who knows if Merlino was staring at him at all. He could have been looking at the two chicks he was with or not looking at all. I wouldn't put it pass Chris P to just come up to Merlino to drum up some controversy. Maybe Merlino didn't even know what Chris P looked like and someone pointed him out and Chris saw it. Anything, or nothing, could have happened.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:51 PM

Anything, or nothing, could have happened.

Fair enough, SP. Nice to see you posting here again smile.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:55 PM

Does anybody know when this was supposed to have happened? Was it recently or years ago? I can almost swear that I have read about this years ago, or...read a similar story with other participants. Idk, maybe I just had a strange deja vu experience when I read it today? smile

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Does anybody know when this was supposed to have happened? Was it recently or years ago? I can almost swear that I have read about this years ago, or...read a similar story with other participants. Idk, maybe I just had a strange deja vu experience when I read it today? smile

You're thinking of the altercation at Råsunda Fotbollsstadion.

See what I did there, Hairy? PB's pretty sharp, ain't he? lol

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 08:03 PM

PB you crack me up

whats the pic on rd show? i am not a member of rd and they wont let me in

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 08:05 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech
PB you crack me up

I'm a funny guy whistle.

No, Pic is short for Picasso. He's a poster there.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 08:05 PM

You're thinking of the altercation at Råsunda Fotbollsstadion.

See what I did there, Hairy? PB's pretty sharp, ain't he? lol

Hahaha! Impressive! Yes you are pretty sharp, men om jag skulle börja prata svenska med dej, hade du inte förstått ett ord...

smile

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 08:07 PM

Yes you are pretty sharp, men om jag skulle börja prata svenska med dej, hade du inte förstått ett ord...

I ain't that fuckin sharp.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 08:09 PM

Yes you are pretty sharp, men om jag skulle börja prata svenska med dej, hade du inte förstått ett ord...

I ain't that fuckin sharp.

lol clap
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 08:34 PM

PB you crack me up

Me neither, can't join and can't lurk
Posted By: botz

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 08:39 PM

Chris Paciello also got into it wih some gangmembers of the Latin Kings and i think there is still a hit on him till this day.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 10:57 PM

Botz where did u hear that
Posted By: azguy

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 11:05 PM

i call bullshit

Agreed, how do we know what what was said to each other. Chris could have been saying "welcome home, glad to see you are out. Why don't you come by my club.."

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 11:12 PM

Originally Posted By: botz
Chris Paciello also got into it wih some gangmembers of the Latin Kings and i think there is still a hit on him till this day.

He's safe in Miami because there are so few Latins there rolleyes.

If they wanted him dead, he'd be at the bottom of Biscayne Bay right now.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 11:40 PM

Heres the incident with the latin kings.
http://miamilifemagazine.com/true_story_miami_beach.html
"In the summer of 1994, after being kicked out of Club USA for fighting, Paciello and Caruso approached the velvet rope at the underground dance hall Sound Factory. Bouncers refused to let them in.

An all-out brawl ensued. The bouncers sprayed the two men with Mace and fire extinguishers. The menacing head of security, Alex Cofield—a reputed member of the Latin Kings, whom the Drug Enforcement Agency later caught on tape admitting to "roid rage"—came running out of the lobby of the club brandishing an ax handle. Paciello grabbed the handle from Cofield's hands and proceeded to brain the bouncer with his own weapon. Wounded and humiliated, Cofield vowed revenge.

Last year, Paciello tried to downplay the incident, telling the Voice: "I did get into a scuffle with a bouncer at Sound Factory. It was a case of an overcrowded club and a bouncer with an attitude. It ended up getting physical, but nothing out-of-hand or dangerous to anyone else."

Afterward, Paciello and Caruso fled to Florida, where Paciello was planning to open a club. But the fallout from the incident continued to reverberate. In 1995, on a trip back to New York, Caruso was warned by bouncers at the Tunnel that Cofield was looking "to take you out." In an attempt to smooth things over, Caruso set up a meeting at a Union Square coffee shop. Cofield demanded that Caruso pay his medical bills, which he did.

During a second meeting with Cofield, Caruso supplied information about Paciello's day-to-day routine: his home address, the name of the gym he frequented. Unbeknownst to Caruso, Cofield secretly recorded the meeting, and a copy ended up in Paciello's hands. Furious that his business partner had betrayed him, Paciello hopped on a plane to New York and made his way to the Tunnel, where he confronted Caruso, beat him to a pulp, then stuck a gun in his face. Only the intervention of Paciello's friend kept him from pulling the trigger."

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/20/13 11:43 PM

I know it happened. I'm just saying that if they really wanted him dead, he'd be dead. You can't swing a dead cat in Miami without hitting someone with a relative in that gang.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/21/13 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
PB you crack me up

Me neither, can't join and can't lurk

You aint missing anything major
PB you crack me up

picasso is a retired/shelved genovese made guy out of north jersey shhh whistle

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/21/13 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

In the era that he claimed to come up, the Westside shelved you all right. They shelved you with a bullet. Yeah, that's the ticket. Tino shelved him! rolleyes

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/21/13 12:15 AM

In the era that he claimed to come up, the Westside shelved you all right. They shelved you with a bullet. Yeah, that's the ticket. Tino shelved him! rolleyes

The Greek...talk about gangster through and through

interesting to hear pic is back at rd, they prob begged him like crazy to come back lol

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/21/13 12:18 AM

interesting to hear pic is back at rd, they prob begged him like crazy to come back lol

The truth? The guy is a great poster and VERY well informed. I'm just not buying his alleged pedigree.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/21/13 12:22 AM

The truth? The guy is a great poster and VERY well informed. I'm just not buying his alleged pedigree.

oh i agree, i was joking above, like others i believe he is steve l but he is a wealth of knowledge thats for sure, good guy in all my interactions with him i dont have any qualms with him

They prob figured that by having him back on the board they can try and stop the disillusionment of some of the longtime members who are still left on that board

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/21/13 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By: SnickersMagillicutti
Why take an oath in the first place? Do you know what Luciano would have done to people who weren't willing to whack a rat?
Yeah, good point..these punks don't fear retribution from other mob guys from different crews..Yeah, the old timers would pop him just to make an example out of him to all the other punks who can't do the time !!

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/21/13 06:36 AM

Originally Posted By: DiLorenzo
Originally Posted By: SnickersMagillicutti
Yeah, good point..these punks don't fear retribution from other mob guys from different crews..Yeah, the old timers would pop him just to make an example out of him to all the other punks who can't do the time !!

That is the way I thought it would/should work...

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/21/13 05:54 PM

cool

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/22/13 01:21 AM

But I still don't think it is too smart to (supposedly) approach Merlino like that. If this is really what happened, the story ain't over....

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/22/13 01:31 AM

But I still don't think it is too smart to (supposedly) approach Merlino like that. If this is really what happened, the story ain't over....

Maybe they'll make Paciello into the family considering hes not 100% Italian and a rat both of which they've had in the past 3 racketeering trial

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/22/13 06:17 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Maybe they'll make Paciello into the family considering hes not 100% Italian and a rat both of which they've had in the past 3 racketeering trial

Hahaha! No kidding.

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/22/13 06:34 AM

From what I have seen and read about him online, Paciello seems pretty much like a jerk. Just a short observation...

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/22/13 06:36 AM

From what I have seen and read about him online, Paciello seems pretty much like a jerk. Just a short observation...

But I have to say, I haven't met the guy and I don't know him, and you can't always believe what is on the Web. But he seems like a jerk.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/23/13 05:43 PM

I'm still calling BS, who knows this happened and what was said..??

Who first reported this story..??

Re: Chris Paciello confronts Joey Merlino - 03/23/13 07:49 PM

Some guy named Picasso on RD
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET