Home

Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos

Posted By: Jenkins

Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 02/28/13 04:16 PM

Do you guys remember the Gold Club case back in 2001? I was in high school at the time and don't really remember it but I was reading old articles on the internet. Can any of you guys shed any light on the connection to the Gambino crime family? The articles say the Gold Club owner Steve Kaplan was an "associate" of the family. He used Gambino capo Michael DiLeonardo to send protection money to the family. Can't really find many details though. Just curious if any of you knew much about that case.
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 02/28/13 04:45 PM

They go into a little bit of detail here. Scroll down about 3/4 of the way:

http://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_190.html
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 02/28/13 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Jenkins
Do you guys remember the Gold Club case back in 2001? I was in high school at the time and don't really remember it but I was reading old articles on the internet. Can any of you guys shed any light on the connection to the Gambino crime family? The articles say the Gold Club owner Steve Kaplan was an "associate" of the family. He used Gambino capo Michael DiLeonardo to send protection money to the family. Can't really find many details though. Just curious if any of you knew much about that case.

You pretty much summed up the case right there.

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 02/28/13 08:45 PM

Can anyone explain what the protection money was about. Protection from what exactly?
Posted By: Snakes

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 02/28/13 10:27 PM

Here's a lot more:

http://articles.cnn.com/keyword/gold-club

The "protection" in this case is more or less extortion. I don't know specifics but Kaplan might have gotten deep into some vig with somebody in the Gambinos and they saw opportunity.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 03:43 AM

Protection is like insurance against someone less savory stopping by and wanting a piece of your business, lol..

Personally, hardly a strip club operates along the east coast without paying someone, it keeps you life "less" miserable...
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 04:34 AM

give me a fuckin break. The owner of the most famous mob strip club in the world, the badabing/satin dolls didnt fuckin pay anyone. And u think somehow the families have this huge area of influence that covers Georgia, the carolinas, Virginia.... Etc.... Nigga please

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 04:38 AM

Protection is ur own fuckin fault for being around a bunch wiseguys without having any balls of your own. The lesson being, if you already have something good going, dont try and be a fucking gangster.
Posted By: red

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny
Protection is ur own fuckin fault for being around a bunch wiseguys without having any balls of your own. The lesson being, if you already have something good going, dont try and be a fucking gangster.

True look at what happened in nyc involving a bar that invited sonny franzese to look cool, sonny then extorted him
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 05:01 AM

give me a fuckin break. The owner of the most famous mob strip club in the world, the badabing/satin dolls didnt fuckin pay anyone. And u think somehow the families have this huge area of influence that covers Georgia, the carolinas, Virginia.... Etc.... Nigga please

The Gold Club was unique being in Atlanta. But there have certainly been no shortage of mob-extorted or mob-run strip clubs in the northeast. I could probably name at least a couple dozen that have been involved in cases or in the news over the past decade alone. And part of a Genovese bookmaking operation was being run out of Satin Dolls about 6 or 7 years ago.

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 05:32 AM

Elvis wasnt a genovese guy
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 08:46 AM

Is DN posting in Skinny´s name now?

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 02:14 PM

Shut the fuck up. Nobodys laughing
Posted By: SgWaue86

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 02:35 PM

You kiss your mother with that mouth bitch "Nigga". Your a fucking joke and without your friends to ride eachother's dicks your look even more like a send-off.
Posted By: SC

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: SgWaue86
You kiss your mother with that mouth bitch "Nigga". Your a fucking joke and without your friends to ride eachother's dicks your look even more like a send-off.

Shut the fuck up. Nobodys laughing

To the sandbox with them!!
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 05:18 PM

I spent so many nights in the Gold Club, shoulda had my mail sent there. Dated a waitrees there for a year or so. Pro atheletes, music bigs, et al. would go there to buy sex. Mikey Scars got arrested here in ATL. Kaplan was tight with Gotti, Jr. Saw Gotti, Jr. in the club once. ATL has a reputation of having beautiful women. That reputation is spot on. The dancers there were by far the hottest. Cheetah had them also. Now, the building has reopened and is used for events. Bachelor parties at the Gold Club were held every weekend night. It had an upstairs, rap around balcony with couches. You could sit up there and watch the debauchery unfold. I miss the place.

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz
I spent so many nights in the Gold Club, shoulda had my mail sent there. Dated a waitrees there for a year or so. Pro atheletes, music bigs, et al. would go there to buy sex. Mikey Scars got arrested here in ATL. Kaplan was tight with Gotti, Jr. Saw Gotti, Jr. in the club once. ATL has a reputation of having beautiful women. That reputation is spot on. The dancers there were by far the hottest. Cheetah had them also. Now, the building has reopened and is used for events. Bachelor parties at the Gold Club were held every weekend night. It had an upstairs, rap around balcony with couches. You could sit up there and watch the debauchery unfold. I miss the place.

I hope you double-checked your credit card statements. You probably bought a few extra bottles of liquor that you never knew about. Lol
Posted By: cheech

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 09:25 PM

christ, all the posters i look forward to are banned
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/01/13 10:08 PM

I know the feeling cheech
Posted By: azguy

Re: Atlanta's Gold Club and the Gambinos - 03/02/13 11:19 PM

Show some class....
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET