Home

Phil Leonetti's Dad??

Posted By: NickyScarfo

Phil Leonetti's Dad?? - 02/18/13 05:15 PM

What's the deal with Leonetti's Father?? Seemed like he abandoned Phil, was he connected or involved in the Phila Mob? Never heard much about him...
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Phil Leonetti's Dad?? - 02/18/13 05:53 PM

I just read his book, and it sounds like he was run off by Nicky Sr. If he was connected, it was only partially because of his marriage to Nicky's sister. Leonetti's book is my source, so consider it as coming from Phil. It does not sound like like Phil holds hard feelings to him for leaving.
Posted By: spmob

Re: Phil Leonetti's Dad?? - 02/18/13 06:20 PM

Yep, he said he only saw him a few times his whole life. Supposedly he ran card games, according to Phil, for Bruno and stuff and was a good gambler until his luck ran out and owed money to some people. I think he took off or was told to get get out of town. Think maybe alcohol to was an issue but I can't remember from the book. It was a great book though! I have to read it again.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Phil Leonetti's Dad?? - 05/03/13 03:24 PM

Supposedly his father became a bar tender down key west and was living in a 55 and over gay community down there
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Phil Leonetti's Dad?? - 05/03/13 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
Yep, he said he only saw him a few times his whole life. Supposedly he ran card games, according to Phil, for Bruno and stuff and was a good gambler until his luck ran out and owed money to some people. I think he took off or was told to get get out of town. Think maybe alcohol to was an issue but I can't remember from the book. It was a great book though! I have to read it again.

His old man was just another gambler who had to leave town after losing everything. In Leonetti's book didn't it say Phil's father had to turn over his extermination business to Bruno to clear his debt with him before he was allowed to leave town? I'm pretty sure it was something like that.
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Phil Leonetti's Dad?? - 05/03/13 06:44 PM

Wasn't there some speculation that Leonetti's dad was a New Jersey Genovese guy? Or was that Scarfo, sr.'s dad? Or am I just spewing out hallucinations.

Re: Phil Leonetti's Dad?? - 05/03/13 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: SilentPartnerz
Wasn't there some speculation that Leonetti's dad was a New Jersey Genovese guy? Or was that Scarfo, sr.'s dad? Or am I just spewing out hallucinations.

The rumors on the net for years was that Scarfo's father Philip was with the Genovese. But that was 100% bullshit. Phil Leonetti said Philip Scarfo was 100% legit and his son Nicky used to put him down for it saying he was satisfied to live the life of a jerkoff laborer. After the family moved to AC Scarfo's father worked at the Chalfonte-Haddon Hall hotel.

Leonetti said Phil Scarfo was a great guy....obviously not like his homicidal son Nicky.

So basically the answer is no. Neither Leonetti's father or Scarfo's were with the Genovese.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Phil Leonetti's Dad?? - 05/04/13 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Giancarlo

The rumors on the net for years was that Scarfo's father Philip was with the Genovese. But that was 100% bullshit. Phil Leonetti said Philip Scarfo was 100% legit and his son Nicky used to put him down for it saying he was satisfied to live the life of a jerkoff laborer.

Was this in his book? I havent read it.

Re: Phil Leonetti's Dad?? - 05/04/13 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

The rumors on the net for years was that Scarfo's father Philip was with the Genovese. But that was 100% bullshit. Phil Leonetti said Philip Scarfo was 100% legit and his son Nicky used to put him down for it saying he was satisfied to live the life of a jerkoff laborer.

Yes...it was in Leonetti's book Mafia Prince. He said Scarfo's father Phil was a real decent 100% legit man. This was on pages 25-26 in the book. they also mention Bruno taking over Leonetti's extermination business to settle their debt before he left town.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Phil Leonetti's Dad?? - 05/04/13 03:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Yes...it was in Leonetti's book Mafia Prince. He said Scarfo's father Phil was a real decent 100% legit man. This was on pages 25-26 in the book. they also mention Bruno taking over Leonetti's extermination business to settle their debt before he left town.

Got it, thanks.

Didnt Anastasia write that Scarfo's pops was a Genoevse soldier in one of his many philly books or no?
Posted By: Boardwalkguy

Re: Phil Leonetti's Dad?? - 05/04/13 03:46 AM

Rumor has always been ,that the father was gay and was told to get out of town. So what Dicknose says sounds true.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Phil Leonetti's Dad?? - 05/06/13 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Boardwalkguy
Rumor has always been ,that the father was gay and was told to get out of town. So what Dicknose says sounds true.

Thank You I think he mentions that in his new book
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET