Home

Corleone-like family?

Posted By: Gudfadern

Corleone-like family? - 01/29/13 10:28 PM

Rather than discussing a certain person I would like to hear some thoughts about what are the most Corleone-like family. What family has the most attributes to the Corleone family? Whatever that might be is up to you. For instance, are there ANY families that are against drugs?

Thanks!
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/29/13 10:37 PM

The Bonanno family and Genovese family.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/29/13 10:44 PM

Its hard to find a corleone-like family with that "For instance, are there ANY families that are against drugs?" question

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/29/13 10:48 PM

The Corleones weren't against Drugs, only Vito. They were up their necks in drugs when Michael took over.

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/29/13 10:53 PM

Okay, why the Bonanno and Genovese families?

It's a tough question I know, but maybe some of the smaller families?
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/29/13 11:56 PM

I think today the Genovese Family has a strict "no drugs" policy which is followed for the most part. The Bonannos I have no idea.
Posted By: southend

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/30/13 01:21 AM

Gambinos

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/30/13 06:28 AM

That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing that information!

Why Gambinos? Are you referring to Paul Castellano?

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/30/13 01:38 PM

The Genovese family's founders came from the village of Corleone and as we know the Genovese and Corleone family were the strongest of the Five Families. Mario Puzo also presumably used the Bonanno family as inspiration for the Corleone family, such as the father-son relationship and the Bananas War. The Bonanno family also expanded to the Western United States just as the Corleones did.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/30/13 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
I think today the Genovese Family has a strict "no drugs" policy.....

Yeah, right, lol....waaay to much money to be had to not be part of it....IMHO
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/30/13 02:41 PM

Lol never said it was followed one hundred percent az guy. There's always going to be a few guys involved individually with that stuff. But the west side guys aren't stupid. They know dealing drugs only gets you the hammer from law enforcement.
Posted By: gamms

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/30/13 03:09 PM

the westside,today.is the only family that the 'official policy' is no drugs. although for the most part,no one gives a fuck either way.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/31/13 12:00 AM

Who we kidding 99% of these guys are involved in selling one way or another. The old school ways are gone and even then the old timers preached it but never said no to the envelopes coming from this trade.

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/31/13 12:08 AM

'do what i say,not as i do'.lol.
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/31/13 12:10 AM

Exactly. These guys don't turn down money that is for sure.

Don't think most of us would.

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/31/13 09:23 PM

What are each of these families turfs? And one thing I was meaning to ask too in the first post was, which one is the most friendly or laid-back family?
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/31/13 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Gudfadern
What are each of these families turfs? And one thing I was meaning to ask too in the first post was, which one is the most friendly or laid-back family?

No such thing as territory. As in land. Their Territory is a person or a biz. Not a whole neighborhood. Mostly Gambinos, Colombos, & bonnanos are based in BK. and most Genovese, and Lucchese guys are bronx based. But all of ny is open to the families.
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/31/13 09:39 PM

They are all spread out. It's not like the Genovese have the Bronx, the Gambinos have Brooklyn, the Luchesses have Queens, the Colombos have Long Island, and the Bonannos have Manhattan. Some families might have more power than another family in a certain borough, but they're not limited to one area.

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/31/13 09:53 PM

I thought so. But, so you could say originally the Bronx is the Genovese and Luccheses territory e.g?

Re: Corleone-like family? - 01/31/13 10:10 PM

that is where the bosses of those family live.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Corleone-like family? - 02/01/13 03:59 AM

I thought so. But, so you could say originally the Bronx is the Genovese and Luccheses territory e.g?

Yes, those two families have always had the biggest presence there. With the Gambinos coming in third. The Bonannos did for a while but I'm not sure how much now. The Colombos have had virtually no presence in that borough over the years.
Posted By: jace

Re: Corleone-like family? - 02/01/13 06:48 AM

I believe they can operate wherever they want, providing a Family is already not right in that particular area. If a Family is operating in one section of Brooklyn, another Family won't be stopped from operating in an adjoining area.
Posted By: southend

Re: Corleone-like family? - 02/03/13 12:48 PM

That's very interesting. Thanks for sharing that information!

Why Gambinos? Are you referring to Paul Castellano?

Carlo's history
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Corleone-like family? - 02/05/13 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
The Genovese family's founders came from the village of Corleone and as we know the Genovese and Corleone family were the strongest of the Five Families. Mario Puzo also presumably used the Bonanno family as inspiration for the Corleone family, such as the father-son relationship and the Bananas War. The Bonanno family also expanded to the Western United States just as the Corleones did.

Well said Sonny B... nice link analysis!
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Corleone-like family? - 02/06/13 11:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Well said Sonny B... nice link analysis!

Actually, the Genovese Family was founded by Joe Masseria. After Morellos´s conviction in 1910, his group splinted off in several directions. Some of them seems to have ended up with the Reina Family, others travelled back to Sicily or to other parts of the US. A few of them, and that includes Pepe Morello and Ciro Terranova, joined the Masseria gruop who later became strong thanks to Masseria´s willingness to enlist criminal elements from the Neopolitan community.

In 1968/1969, when Puzo wrote the book, the common knowledge of the Mafia was poor. I agree with SonnyBlack that Puzo included tidbits of real Mafia incidents and real Mafia personalities in his book. But to say that his work of art is solely based on one Family, or one character, is a misconception.

Re: Corleone-like family? - 02/06/13 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Actually, the Genovese Family was founded by Joe Masseria.

I guess that's up for debate. From what I understand it is generally believed that the Morellos founded the outfit that eventually became known as the Genovese family. Masseria took over their outfit after Morello and his brothers were out of ther picture. It is true that the family splintered in two different groups, the Reina group and the Masseria group. But these two groups would not have existed were it not for the Morellos.
Posted By: LittleNicky

Re: Corleone-like family? - 02/06/13 05:27 PM

Philly under Angelo Bruno. Immigrant, known for lack of violence, against the drug trade.
Posted By: SilentPartnerz

Re: Corleone-like family? - 02/06/13 05:51 PM

Originally Posted By: gamms
the westside,today.is the only family that the 'official policy' is no drugs. although for the most part,no one gives a fuck either way.

QD and Bellomo have drug pinches.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Corleone-like family? - 02/06/13 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
Actually, the Genovese Family was founded by Joe Masseria.

I guess that's up for debate. From what I understand it is generally believed that the Morellos founded the outfit that eventually became known as the Genovese family. Masseria took over their outfit after Morello and his brothers were out of ther picture. It is true that the family splintered in two different groups, the Reina group and the Masseria group. But these two groups would not have existed were it not for the Morellos.

It was generally believed that the Morello group was the founding base of the Genovese Family. Not anymore. Newly done research, does not come to that conclusion. In fact, Critchley claims in his book that Morello joined Masseria and Dash, in his book, hints at this as well. The fact that Morello was inferior in rank to Masseria when Morello was released from prison, seems to point at Masseria being the one who took in Morello and not the other way around.
But let´s not go into a debate about it in this thread.
Posted By: famed_hitman

Re: Corleone-like family? - 02/05/14 06:31 PM

read, watch about Joseph Bonanno, he was a intellectual sort of boss, who liked to move in the name of old traditions. also he ran his family in those ways, just like Colombo's did. yes he was involved in drugs with Lilo; but he bewared co-operating with non-italians etc. And Joe Bonanno in my opinion was deadly against unnecessary violence and himself bewared using violence and trusted his blood lines and ones from De Golfo, just as himself.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET