Home

Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York

Posted By: OldSmoke

Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 01/25/13 11:17 PM

I was wondering if there were any notable Irish-American OC figures on the streets in NY today? I've read through these boards a lot and I think most of us agree that there is no 'Irish Mob' in NY, at least in the traditional way anymore. But ever since the Irish mobs were pushed out of power by the Italians, there has almost always been a few notable Irish-Americans that were well-respected and influential in the underworld. There were guys like Eddie McGrath and Jimmy Burke who worked closely with the Italian families for decades. More recently you had Eddie Boyle who is close with the Gambinos before getting locked up. I was wondering if there were any notable Irish gangsters in NY on the streets today who have any clout with any of the families or other ethnic mobs.
Posted By: TonyBoy117

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 01/25/13 11:25 PM

A guy named John Bokun got busted recently for smuggling pot into Long Island from So Cal via jumbo jet, he was rumored to be a young member or shotcaller in the "Westies" gang,

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 01/26/13 03:15 AM

Right, I remember seeing that but wasn't sure how much of the 'Westie' thing was legit or hype. More hype I assumed. He is the nephew of one of the old Westies though. I've heard all kinds of stuff about alleged Westie activity by other sons and nephews but took it all as wikipedia bs.

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 01/26/13 03:38 PM

I'm really not sure either but here's two other recent articles I've found about them , http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/03/nyregi...case.html?_r=0. ,

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 01/26/13 03:40 PM

And this one with an alleged Hells Angel and a Gambino out of Queens, http://m.nypost.com/p/news/local/fbi_busts_thug_gang_in_loan_shark_P2tAodOfaOI9LaIjwjnz4L
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 01/26/13 04:50 PM

I remember someone on here saying there was a Irish capo (not really one, but just as much power) in the Genovese. Don't know if it's BS or true.

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 01/26/13 06:15 PM

Thanks for the info guys. I skeptical of the existence of the Westies in this day and age, but do think there are Irish racketeers out there.

Nicky, could the Irish capo affiliated with the Genoveses you mention be one of the union bigs or contractors mentioned in this article below?

http://www.villagevoice.com/2010-08-04/columns/nyc-union-carpenter-michael-forde/

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 01/27/13 12:53 AM

That's not him but good find!
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 01/27/13 01:02 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
I remember someone on here saying there was a Irish capo (not really one, but just as much power) in the Genovese. Don't know if it's BS or true.

That was nothing but BS.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 01/27/13 07:42 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

That was nothing but BS.

Nicky I've also heard that Irish thugs that are quick on their feet are aligning themselves with the ivy-league
Posted By: SharpieOne

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 01/28/13 10:49 AM

LOTS of Irish in Yonkers/northwest Bronx. And in areas that do not have a whole lot of other OC present. McClean ave in Yonkers/Katonah in the Bronx. I'd imagine there's some sort of rackets around there. Lots of Irish bar owners/contractors. It's gotta be close to the most Irish-populated area in the USA. Almost every bar and businesses is Irish themed and you hear more Irish brogues than you do NYC accents.

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 01/28/13 10:24 PM

Sharpie, Woodlawn and Yonkers were the first areas that came to mind when I was thinking about this. Definitely more brogues than American accents along Katonah and McLean.

Whether there or somewhere else in the city, I'm sure there's some Mick bookmakers around. I feel like there's an Irish guy popped with every labor racketeering bust, so you know they're there even though I'd consider most of these guys racketeers as opposed to gangsters.
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 02/01/13 11:11 PM

The "character" you're thinking of is Bradford "the German" Cox. He was claimed by a handful of people to be a mostly legitimate business guy from Philly, who led some kinda org. crime crew down there. With some kinda link to the Genovese forming during this period. And recently moved up to NYC to pursue business with the LCN up there.

He's a real guy who can be found. He exists as a person. But as a crime figure I have extreme doubts, as would anyone with a logical mind and knowledge of org. crime. Several people mention him in the Philly Irish Mob thread I started here.

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 02/02/13 06:46 PM

I remember reading that thread, now that you mention it. I am going to try and find out more about this guy see what's real and what's crap.

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 02/02/13 07:08 PM

Is he for sure a fake?
Posted By: AmericanCrime

Re: Current Irish-American OC Figures in New York - 02/02/13 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: OldSmoke
I remember reading that thread, now that you mention it. I am going to try and find out more about this guy see what's real and what's crap.

Please do. I'd like to know if you find anything interesting. If it was just one source talking about the guy, I'd be inclined to simply write him off as another Paulie "Stripes" DeMarco. But he's mentioned in several places by several different persons across the 'net. Not to mention being a living person and all.

Is he for sure a fake?

No, not for sure. But there isn't really any direct evidence to say otherwise. Most of the claims are anecdotal accounts or other such direct statements.

If he is a crime figure of some sort and is connected to the Genovese. I wouldn't be eager to believe some of the more audacious claims people have made. Apparantly he seems to spent his life divided between NYC, Philly, and Florida.

If I had to guess, provided that his connections are for real, I'd suppose he's a low=profile guy whom operates some kinda front business or something. Involved in the marginal and mostly legal enterprises that have some link with the Genovese. Just a stab int he dark, so take it with a grain of salt. Ain't the Gospel.

Also this is interesting:
https://profiles.google.com/bradfordschundler1/about
Obv. the guys appears pretty legitimate so:
If by circumstance is these are just rumours that he is involved in criminal dealings. Who started it I wonder..... And for what purposes? Smear campaign?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET