Home

Tim Newark and the Fake Luciano

Posted By: MetodaGemini

Tim Newark and the Fake Luciano - 01/09/13 11:39 PM

Hey everybody.
While searching for a good read on my man Salvatore, I came across The last testament of Lucky Luciano( I have seen cited numerous times while reading)
I wanted to read this book until I read that it is supposed to be 'from lucianos mouth' which always gets me skeptical on the authenticity lol.
So as i continued on i cam across Tim Newark's work.
He says that much of Luciano's story is fabricated by the US government to justify the cost of apprehending him.

Can anyone let me know their thoughts on the last testament of lucky luciano as well as Tim Newark?
Is the Last Testament worth the read?
Is their substance to Newark's claims?

Please let me know.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Tim Newark and the Fake Luciano - 01/10/13 01:22 PM

Not sure, but I did thumb through it... not sure of his "credibility" but he does go out of his way to tear down the Luciano myth...i think perhaps he does that because it provides an alternative to established and accepted belief that he was instrumental in bringing organized crime into the 20th century. That said, I disagree with his premise completely.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Tim Newark and the Fake Luciano - 01/10/13 01:51 PM

I've not read it but i have read a Capeci book where he explains some of his gripes with it including the claim that the judge broke down crying and begging for forgiveness after sentencing Lucky rolleyes . Also the claim Lucky was against holding the Apalachin meeting in 1957 because it was such a small town even though they'd met there the year before.
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: Tim Newark and the Fake Luciano - 01/10/13 02:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
Not sure, but I did thumb through it... not sure of his "credibility" but he does go out of his way to tear down the Luciano myth...i think perhaps he does that because it provides an alternative to established and accepted belief that he was instrumental in bringing organized crime into the 20th century. That said, I disagree with his premise completely.

^ ^ ^ what just jimmy said...im with it
Posted By: MetodaGemini

Re: Tim Newark and the Fake Luciano - 01/10/13 10:15 PM

Thanks guys I was kinda pissed when I read this guys claims.
What would you say is the quitenssebtial Luciano bio
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Tim Newark and the Fake Luciano - 01/10/13 10:50 PM

Luciano was a rat, it's crazy how he got away with it.
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: Tim Newark and the Fake Luciano - 01/11/13 12:36 AM

The bullshit part is that, while trying to breakdown the Luciano myth he did commentary on a military channel show that reinforced much of what he was trying to disprove. All in all, I haven't read it and have read shortened parts of the books, but none of it sounded new to me. Also, this limey asshole also rebranded it "Boardwalk Gangster" after Boardwalk Empire came out. What a fucking schill....most of his books are dumbed down military histories anyway.
Posted By: OldSmoke

Re: Tim Newark and the Fake Luciano - 01/11/13 12:37 AM

and you have to take Lucky's 'Testament' with a grain of salt as it was self-serving, like Bonanno's eventually would.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Tim Newark and the Fake Luciano - 01/11/13 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: OldSmoke
The bullshit part is that, while trying to breakdown the Luciano myth he did commentary on a military channel show that reinforced much of what he was trying to disprove. All in all, I haven't read it and have read shortened parts of the books, but none of it sounded new to me. Also, this limey asshole also rebranded it "Boardwalk Gangster" after Boardwalk Empire came out. What a fucking schill....most of his books are dumbed down military histories anyway.

Couldn't have said it better...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET