Home

Have the Decavalcante's make a come back yet?

Posted By: Antonio

Have the Decavalcante's make a come back yet? - 12/17/12 09:24 AM

Just out of Interest and looked at the leadership and there seem to be a few Sicilians running the family, maybe they are going back to old ways, of keeping very low key. However, are they still operating in and around New Jersey? If so, what activities do they still carry out?
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Have the Decavalcante's make a come back yet? - 12/17/12 01:21 PM

I can't speak to the latter part of your question, but it does appear to be a trend among the families to go back to their roots and put in Sicilians into the leadership spots in the hopes of bringing back traditional values and old school way of running things. It should be interesting to see how this plays out over the next 1-5 years.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Have the Decavalcante's make a come back yet? - 12/17/12 03:00 PM

There are plenty of opportinities in NJ to make money, I'm sure they are rebuilding....
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Have the Decavalcante's make a come back yet? - 12/17/12 08:19 PM

Miranda inducted 12 guys to try and rebuild the organization a few years back.

How many made guys do they have on the street right now? My guess is about 25, I'm sure quite a few guys will be getting out over the next few years, so if they can bunker down for a few years and slip under the radar they may become a semi-strong family again.
Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari

Re: Have the Decavalcante's make a come back yet? - 12/17/13 12:22 AM

The family's administration is fully out on the streets and is in tack. They have around 25 members and around 100 associates currently on the streets right now. I say they have a good chance of making a come back now in the next year or so.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Have the Decavalcante's make a come back yet? - 12/17/13 12:32 AM

While I don't put a lot of stock in associate estimates, the 2004 NJ OC report said the family had about 50 associates; which is a relatively low member-to-associate ratio considering the family has 40-50 total members. How many are are active on the street at the moment, I'm not sure, but there has been little in the way of significant, ongoing, and identifiable activity involving the family since the big bust back in the late 1990's and early 2000's that included the family boss, consigliere, 3 ruling panel members, 5 captains, 7 soldiers, and several more associates. One could chalk this up to rebuilding or the family running on fumes after being hit so hard by law enforcement.

Their power base for years, Laborers Local 394, was put under oversight back in 2006. However, the family still has involvement in the construction industry and people tied to them were included in the 2011 report on the mob's involvement in the waste industry in the state. Outside of that, we've seen a few cases here and there of some members and associates being involved in the standard rackets like illegal gambling, loansharking, and trafficking in stolen goods.
Posted By: Louiebynochi

Re: Have the Decavalcante's make a come back yet? - 12/17/13 04:23 AM

There were 4 indictments between December 1999 and may 2001
But that was 12 years or more ago
They have made a dozen people at least since then
Also 10 or so made guys and a couple dozen associates have been set free in the last few years, guys like soldier Joey scalfani , also abramo, vitable, and schifetti get out in 2 yrs
Also John riggi has been out a year
Gurraci has been at liberty since he was made in 1989 and he's been a top capo or better in the family for the last 13 years
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Have the Decavalcante's make a come back yet? - 12/17/13 06:44 AM

Stefano vitabile was released about 3 weeks ago
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET