Home

Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino...

Posted By: Benny_Eggs

Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/15/12 06:02 AM

I kno Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino were in on the plot, along with Chin and Casso, to plant the bomb in Deccicos car. I always wondered if it was ever revealed to Gotti that they were in on the plot?? If so, I cant imagine it went over to well with him lol...anyone kno the details? Thanks
Posted By: Salvatore_Tessio

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/15/12 07:32 AM

Every time I see Marinos name I wonder the same thing, would be nice to know moore.

Did Gotti know Marino was involved or did we learn that much later?

It would still be some explaning to do since Gottis pelple stayed in power.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/15/12 07:53 AM

Casso revealed the info when he flipped in the mid 1990s. It's weird that Gotti didn't order his death from prison. If not Gotti, at least someone else. Gotti had family members and allies running things on the outside.

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/16/12 04:46 AM

Yea I cant find much on it. I kno "Mob Star" by Capeci tells the story but I dont have it.
Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/17/12 12:28 AM

I just finished Gangbusters - and Volkman was skeptical on whether or not Marino had a part in it. He thought Casso was just trying to make Marino miserable because his nephew was Jimmy Hydell.

Of course, Volkman also missed that Hydell's body was never found. Book was a bit of a disappointment.

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/17/12 01:31 AM

That dude Volkman is soo annoying! exagerates so many stories
Posted By: Ted

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/17/12 01:38 AM

Maybe they wanted Marino to take over, but didn't let him in on the plot to kill Gotti.
Posted By: gamms

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/17/12 02:29 AM

its bullshit.exaggeratted. jimmy brown didnt give a fuck as long as he still had the trade association. and danny would have listened to jimmy on any issue.he was loyal. plus danny is related to frank via the lombardozzis who ar theres cousins.

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/17/12 02:30 AM

and a lot of people would have liked danny to 'step up' but he 'passed'.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/17/12 03:30 AM

Marino pulls a lot of weight in NYC that much I know. Enough said lol.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/17/12 03:04 PM

I for one am shocked that Marino did not get wacked, especially after Gotti finding out he played both sides....

Is he out of jail yet..??
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/17/12 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
Is he out of jail yet..??

No. Two more years at Lexington.
Posted By: azguy

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/17/12 04:40 PM

he'll be close to 80 by then, I think...

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/17/12 05:20 PM

Originally Posted By: azguy
he'll be close to 80 by then, I think...

He's 72 now, so figure 74 or 75 depending upon his release date.

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/17/12 11:16 PM

Thanks for the input guys. But if the info about them playing both sides did come out when Casso flipped, the Gottis were still in the most part in charge (Sr, JR, Peter) and you would think it woulda been a huge problem since Jr and Peter were very loyal to Sr. I mean Sliwa got shot just for talking shit about the Gottis, I would think Failla and Marinos' reprecutions woulda been much worse, dont ya think? Wish I knew more

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/18/12 12:09 AM

no not really. junior was a little 'pre occupied'.lol. and pete,well..lol.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/18/12 01:41 AM

I heard Pete couldn't tell poop from applesauce lol

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/18/12 01:46 AM

lol yea I kno the 2 werent the smartest guys in the world but it doesnt take a genious to order a man dead. Its not like they have to plan it out. (i.e. Gravano)

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/18/12 02:25 AM

its more complicated than that.in a sit-down,danny and jimmy would have won.you cant take the word of a rat over a made guy.they would have won the 'issue'.which means the hit would have been 'unsubstantiated'.for lack of a better word. it is not a 'just' death. and you sure as shit dont take out two guys like danny and jimmy without 'proper cause'. way too many friends.in the family and out.

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/18/12 05:27 AM

I get what you mean but Gotti took out DiBi for talking shit behind his back and your saying he'd let Danny and Jimmy slide for being in a plot to kill him and succeeding in killing his underboss/goodfriend?

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/18/12 06:47 AM

the difference is the 'source' of information.sammy told john that db was talking behind his back when he wasnt.he did the same to louie millito.consider the source.its johns underboss.some one he trusts.he didnt have any proof except sammys word.it would be disrespectful to call sammy a liar.it makes the administration look like they dont trust each other. sammy knew how the life works.

say two guys go to a sit.a skip and a soldier.soldier says the sky is blue.capo says 'no its red'.lol. the consiglieri comes in and says 'from now on the skys red'.lol. all sammy had to do was say the words.he picked on weaker guys and got them clipped or shelved,but he knew better than to fuck with a guy like danny or jimmy.

now keep what i just said in mind and remember when this 'rumor' came out.who did it come from? gaspipe. who,yes,was a boss.but at the time he was a rat.rats have no status. there word means nothing. thats why when gaspipe flipped all his 'shy' dried up.any one with any sense could get out of paying because the guy who gave them the loan turned 'bad'.

so yes.in short,i still stand by my original position.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/18/12 09:49 AM

Also, keep in mind guys when the info came out, both Jimmy Brown and Danny Marino was under indictment and both were sent off to prison in 1994. How were the Gottis supposed to hit them under those circumstances? I´m pretty sure both Jimmy and Danny were demoted and stripped off their ranks though. But the "weird" thing (in lack of a better word) is that Marino was back as captain in the early 2000s and later even served on a ruling panel. I guess the Gottis grip on the Family had faded considerably by that time.

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/18/12 03:04 PM

Originally Posted By: gamms
it is not a 'just' death. and you sure as shit dont take out two guys like danny and jimmy without 'proper cause'. way too many friends.in the family and out.

Absolute truth. Jimmy had as many friends "across the street" as he had in his own family. You have to remember, the garbage was always Genovese dominated (no matter what you may have read). But Jimmy (a Gambino) was President of the Trade Waste Association for a hundred years---lol. That speaks volumes because you'd think that would create friction. It didn't. Vince and Mario both loved the guy. Gotti would have had his hands full if he tried to take him out.
Posted By: EastHarlemItal

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/19/12 12:51 AM

So true about Volkman, itsmamwomdermanyone believes a wordmthat guy says. He is so dramatic. Ugly as sin too
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/22/12 07:47 AM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Absolute truth. Jimmy had as many friends "across the street" as he had in his own family. You have to remember, the garbage was always Genovese dominated (no matter what you may have read). But Jimmy (a Gambino) was President of the Trade Waste Association for a hundred years---lol. That speaks volumes because you'd think that would create friction. It didn't. Vince and Mario both loved the guy. Gotti would have had his hands full if he tried to take him out.

If I remember right, the Gambinos had the Association of Trade Waste Removers of Greater New York and the Queens County Trade Waste Association under Jimmy Failla and later Joseph Francolino. The Genovese had the Kings County Trade Waste Association and the Greater New York Waste Paper Association under Allie Shades, Frank Giovinco and Angelo Ponte. The Genovese also had the garbage association in New Jersey and the Luccheses controlled the association on Long Island. Of course, the main union - Teamsters 813 - was Gambino controlled.

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/22/12 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
If I remember right, the Gambinos had the Association of Trade Waste Removers of Greater New York and the Queens County Trade Waste Association under Jimmy Failla and later Joseph Francolino. The Genovese had the Kings County Trade Waste Association and the Greater New York Waste Paper Association under Allie Shades, Frank Giovinco and Angelo Ponte. The Genovese also had the garbage association in New Jersey and the Luccheses controlled the association on Long Island. Of course, the main union - Teamsters 813 - was Gambino controlled.

That's correct, Ivy. Just don't forget local 456 up in Westchester, a huge garbage local that was under the thumb of the Genovese family for 50 years. Being outside the city it didn't get as much attention as 813, but it was every bit as corrupt. Eddie Doyle ran that local for close to half a century, his father before him, and his son after him. Eddie Junior died a few months ago. It was from natural causes but the kid was only in his 40's. Eddie Sr. is a shell of his former self because of it. No more union, either. He's a cautionary tale.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/22/12 11:37 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
That's correct, Ivy. Just don't forget local 456 up in Westchester, a huge garbage local that was under the thumb of the Genovese family for 50 years. Being outside the city it didn't get as much attention as 813, but it was every bit as corrupt. Eddie Doyle ran that local for close to half a century, his father before him, and his son after him. Eddie Junior died a few months ago. It was from natural causes but the kid was only in his 40's. Eddie Sr. is a shell of his former self because of it. No more union, either. He's a cautionary tale.

Ah, that's right. Weren't they ultimately under the auspices of Mario Gigante? I remember John Acropolis, the local's president back in the 1950's, was killed after he butted heads with the Genovese family.

Incidentally, in the past I've come across website,/blog. It rants a lot about Doyle.

http://www.westchesternews.us/national/N..._Local_456.html

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 12/23/12 06:19 PM

Ah, that's right. Weren't they ultimately under the auspices of Mario Gigante?

That's correct, Ivy.

I remember John Acropolis, the local's president back in the 1950's, was killed after he butted heads with the Genovese family.

The whole John Acropolis-Joey "Surprise" Feola thing was so storied that it was given a fair amount of ink in Bobby Kennedy's "The Enemy Within."

It rants a lot about Doyle.

Eddie's a miserable fuck. You reap what you sow.
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Jimmy Brown Failla and Daniel Marino... - 08/28/14 05:11 PM

Wich crew did daniel marino take over?It wasn't jimmy brown's cus' jimmy was a capo till the day he went to jail,and danny was in his crew.Someone cares to elaborate?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET