Home

Mathew Madonna

Posted By: tiger84

Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 08:52 AM

Does anyone have any info of this guy other than he was nicky barnes supplier and later was on the lucheses administration before crea took over.I know hes done a fuckload of prison time and and was in for murder when he met Nicky Barnes then did 20 years for drugs and is now has more charges to fight with dinapoli over that gambling ring

Can you guys imagine how much money MM made in the 70s.Basicly every black junkie who shot up was using his specific heroin..I think he got his H from carmine galante
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 11:02 AM

I think hes a capo or something before he was arrested.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 12:44 PM

when he was arrested was a an associate,when come out of jail became soldier in 1998 e short after became a capo.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 12:50 PM

He is a real stand up guy

From wikipedia

Matthew Madonna (November 2, 1935Selden, New York) is a caporegime with the Lucchese crime family who was heavily involved in narcotics trafficking and bribery of government officials
In 1959, while serving a sentence at the Green Haven Correctional Facility in Upstate New York, Madonna became acquainted with Nicky Barnes, a young drug dealer from Harlem.
After their release from prison, Madonna started supplying large quantities of heroin to Barnes. Madonna would drop off a car with a trunk full of heroin at a Manhattan parking lot. Barnes would pick up the heroin later and exchange it for cash. A few days later, Madonna would return to pick up the car with the cash. Madonna and Barnes continued this arrangement until 1975, when Madonna was arrested for drug trafficking.On December 21, 1976, Madonna was sentenced to 30 years in federal prison.
In December 1981, while still in prison, Madonna received a summons to testify before a grand jury about narcotics activity in the New York area. In two appearances before the grand jury, Madonna refused to testify, even after being granted immunity from self-incrimination. The judge finally held Madonna in contempt of court. Madonna received an extra 528 days added to his sentence.

In 1995, after serving 20 years in prison, Madonna was released from Lewisburg Federal Penitentiary. Around 1998, Madonna was inducted into the Lucchese crime family as a reward for his silence and to assist his return to earning money for the family.Shortly thereafter, Madonna became a capo. Madonna was sent to prison again, but released in September 2003.
After the convictions of family leaders Steven Crea, Louis Daidone, Dominic Truscello and the cooperation of former acting boss Joseph DeFede, the Luccheses established a three-man ruling panel to govern the family. Madonna, along with Aniello Migliore and Joseph DiNapoli headed the panel. After the release of Crea from prison, the panel was disbanded so that Crea can take over the family.

Current position

On December 18, 2007, New Jersey law enforcement indicted and arrested Madonna and 32 other members and associates of the Lucchese family. In a year-long investigation titled "Operation Heat" law enforcement agencies uncovered a $2.2 billion dollar illegal gambling, money laundering and racketeering ring. The scheme involved collecting bets from of gamblers on basketball, football, greyhound races and the lottery. The mob collected bets over the Internet and by phone from a location in Costa Rica.Along with Madonna ruling panel member Joseph DiNapoli and top New Jersey Faction capos Ralph V. Perna and Nicodemo Scarfo, Jr. were indicted.

In 2008, the Village Voice reported that Madonna was an employee of Big Geyser, Inc, New York's largest distributor of healthy and cutting-edge beverages. It was speculated that this was a "no show" position for Madonna.

On October 1, 2009 Madonna was indicted along with Joseph DiNapoli and 27 others in a large racketeering scheme. The indictment stated that Madonna was a key player in a vast operation that grossed approximately $400 million from illegal gambling, loansharking, gun trafficking and extortion.A second part of the indictment charged that Madonna and other Lucchese mobsters ran a bribery scheme among New York City building inspectors.On June 28, 2010, Madonna and the other defendants pleaded not guilty to all charges.
As of August 2011, Madonna is on trial for both the 2007 and 2009 indictments. He is free on bail.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 01:04 PM

Furio, thanks for the concise and comprehensive post!!!
Posted By: gamms

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 04:04 PM

lol.big geyser...that company has switched hands more times than i can count.lol.

in all seriousness,mattys a serious guy. and yes, your right about buying his drugs from galante. during those days there were maybe two guys who moved that kind of weight.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 05:14 PM

He wasnt supplied by galante. Madonna was arrested and convicted between 1975-76 and Galante had only just been released in 74 so they wouldnt have been working together considering that barnes and madonna had been operating since the late 1960s when galante was still in prison.
Posted By: meffaboston

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 05:23 PM

Well think about this has jail ever stopped these grinders wether he's in the can or on the street ppl do his bidding...an jail has never slowed him down if he was on the street his ppl would have done the deals for him or in prison

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 05:24 PM

Just saying I don't no facts
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 05:35 PM

Galante moved more H from jail back in the '60s and early '70s, just on his name, than you can possibly fathom.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 05:43 PM

the two probably never even met. Madonna was importing the stuff himself or was working with the french connection, Galante really only reached his peak during the late 70s but then he was killed. Madonna was actually convicted of importation himself and ive read a few articles where he was referred to as a smuggler.Also i dont think galante liked that black gangster like barnes had taken over the heroin business within the city.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 05:46 PM

Galante hated Blacks. Well known fact.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 05:53 PM

exactly
Galante would have seen madonna as more of an enemy.Barnes was buying heroin wholesale and then cutting it up for retail sales on the street which pushed alot of middle men out, most likely italians who would have been selling it after stepping on it a bunch of times to blacks on the street level. I think that galante would have resented that.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 05:53 PM

It's funny how guys like Matthew Madonna and John Gambino ran these huge heroin Empires and still saw the light of day. It seems a lot of kingpins are getting life now for that shit

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
the two probably never even met. Madonna was importing the stuff himself or was working with the french connection, Galante really only reached his peak during the late 70s but then he was killed. Madonna was actually convicted of importation himself and ive read a few articles where he was referred to as a smuggler.Also i dont think galante liked that black gangster like barnes had taken over the heroin business within the city.

you know he wasnt supplied by galante but you cant say who exactly? thats a dumb arguement.i couldnt tell you an exact number,but i know for a fact he was able to sell five keys every two to three weeks.just to one customer. during the time galante was in that business. he was number one.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 08:06 PM

I dont understand how thats a dumb argument(if it is even an argument). All i was saying was that madonna was not getting his heroin from galante.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 08:42 PM

galante had his whole crew selling weight.whether he was in prison or not, he sold to madonna.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 09:56 PM

Madonna had connections to pleasant avenue and his brother frank was also a heroin supplier since the 1950s. In harlem you had guys like carmine tramunti, louis inglese who were all convicted of heroin smuggling during the early 1970s so the idea that galante was the sole supplier of heroin to new york at that time before he was released is a bit far fetched.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 10:27 PM

not what i said.needless to say some of those 'pleasant avenue' guys got there product from 'knickerbocker ave'.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: sitonmyface11
not what i said.needless to say some of those 'pleasant avenue' guys got there product from 'knickerbocker ave'.

Some?? lol

I ain't laughing at you, Sit. Just at the way you understated it lol.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 11:12 PM

See what i mean there is very little on MM other than he was a big time heroin dealer.Even the guys that flipped in the lucheses could never explain how MM became a capo in such a short period of time considering he was made in the late 90s then within a decade he is on the ruiling panel.Im guessing he was stricly a junk man and had no need to do scores or run book.

Is this guy married or have kids or is he like dom cefulu.

By far one of the most interesting gangsters.but dont worry mobsters is probably working on another 6 gotti episodes because the other 256813235 documentries about him isnt enough lol

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 11:19 PM

he became skipper because he was close to the right people and he is stand up. making tons of money helps too.lol.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 11:26 PM

Stood up is an under statement how much time did he actually do

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/06/12 11:26 PM

He proved he was no rat I think I read he did 25 all.together

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/07/12 05:39 PM

I guess you could be right. He was probably wholesaling whilst in prison and then when he came out he was trying to take over all the distribution networks on the street which is what led to his feuds with the gambinos and then assassination. Madonna definatley would have been an enemy considering he was supplying barnes who had locked down harlem which was basically the largest market in the city.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/07/12 06:47 PM

According to this article, found in the Utica Press Dec 22, 1976, Madonna imported his heroin from Bangkok, Thailand. At least that was what he was convicted of.

"Convicted Man Draws Maximum Term"

"A 41- year-old Bronx man
convicted with two others
of conspiring to smuggle 12
pounds of heroin from
Bangkok to New York, was
sentenced Tuesday to a
maximum term of 30 years
in prison and fined
$50 000.
In imposing the sentence
on Matthew Madonna,
Judge Robert L Carter
said it was the "hardest
sentence I have ever inflicted
and hope never to
have to impose again".
The sentence consisted
of 15 years each on two
counts to run consecutive
and a $25,000 fine on each
count and was the maximum
the court could have
imposed.
Salvatore Larca 32, also
of the Bronx who Judge
Carter characterized as a
"junior partner" in the
conspiracy, also received
two 15 year terms but to
run concurrently
The third man, Richard
Klinger 34 of Orange-
Calif, was sentenced to six
months in prison and
placed on probation for 18
months. The judge said
there was no evidence
Klinger had been involved
in a large scale operation."

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/07/12 07:53 PM

HA! Knew i was right tongue .

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/07/12 07:53 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Some?? lol

I ain't laughing at you, Sit. Just at the way you understated it lol.

All that dope coming in with fallen soldiers; Frank Lucas was a liar but he did do a lot of big time shit. In the movie doesn't he just go up to Nicky Barnes in the middle of the street and blow his head off lol. If you watch Nicky Barnes or his younger protege on Netflix the tv serious American Gangster its pretty funny the superflhy music and pictures of the black fam all chillin all dudded up lol

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/07/12 07:59 PM

That was actually a black vietnam vet named ike atkinson who was bringing the heroin using his army connects, and he was based in north carolina, Lucas was just one of his customers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ike_Atkinson
you should watch mr untouchable on netflix its barnes documentary in which he stars.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/07/12 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
when he was arrested was a an associate,when come out of jail became soldier in 1998 e short after became a capo.

Furio would you rat if you got sentenced to 30 years I bet 90% of the guys do nowadays

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/07/12 08:05 PM

That was actually a black vietnam vet named ike atkinson who was bringing the heroin using his army connects, and he was based in north carolina, Lucas was just one of his customers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ike_Atkinson
you should watch mr untouchable on netflix its barnes documentary in which he stars.

Cool Thanks Scorsese yeah that was a good movie but Frank was a snitch because someone messed with his women and I remember there was a lawsuit about him taking corrupt cops down because among the so-called corrupt cops was who else but Mr Hollywood Black Sunglasses fa***t Joe Pistone "That not true your honor can I have my allowance now for being a rat!"

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/07/12 08:17 PM

Lucas testified against other drug dealers and criminals. The american gangster movie was factually inaccurate in many respects. I think they tried to make the main character a mix of different real life characters.
Lucas was actually caught after a raid on some gambino drug dealers who gave him up as one of their customers.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/07/12 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Cool Thanks Scorsese yeah that was a good movie but Frank was a snitch because someone messed with his women and I remember there was a lawsuit about him taking corrupt cops down because among the so-called corrupt cops was who else but Mr Hollywood Black Sunglasses fa***t Joe Pistone "That not true your honor can I have my allowance now for being a rat!"

The main cop was Bob Leuci, Dicknose. They called him "BabyFace." He was at the center of the Knapp Commission investigation. His story was told in the book and movie "Prince of the City." He later went on to become a bestselling crime fiction writer in his own right.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/08/12 12:44 AM

Ok this is the story with frank lucas nicky barnes

Nicky bought from Madonna

Frank lucas cousin was the mastermind of the Heroin in the coffin

NB was head of the council which was 7 black dealers running NY FL was not a member of this council

FL snitchched on cops NB got sentenced to life than a year later found out one of the council members was fuckin his wife so then he snitched.But he never snitched on MM if u watch Mr untouchable he talks with contempt about the council members but always talks good of mathew madonna

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/08/12 11:29 AM

Originally Posted By: tiger84
Ok this is the story with frank lucas nicky barnes

Nicky bought from Madonna

Frank lucas cousin was the mastermind of the Heroin in the coffin

NB was head of the council which was 7 black dealers running NY FL was not a member of this council

FL snitchched on cops NB got sentenced to life than a year later found out one of the council members was fuckin his wife so then he snitched.But he never snitched on MM if u watch Mr untouchable he talks with contempt about the council members but always talks good of mathew madonna

Who frank lucas snitched on and didn't snitch on is up for debate. According to nicky barnes as well as fuckin his wife they were also trying to cut him out. Madonna actually claimed in some appeals papers that barnes was purposely placed in a custody cell next to his during grand testimony hearing in the late 70s in order to get him to say incriminating things. Barnes doesnt really mention madonna towards the end of mr untouchable, he only really comes up at the beginning.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/08/12 11:31 AM

Also Ike Atkinson denies any sort of blood relation to Lucas. Atkinson was running his own separate smuggling and distribution organisation using his military no how and connects.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/08/12 11:53 AM

dicknose I sincerely would become a rat, because having twenty years, spending most of my youth in prison, not for me, then it depends if You are 50/60 years old can also be. Next depends on whether one man is strong or not, when Madonna went to jail, the Mafia was stronger it was well worth to get 30 years in jail, but now is not so. A mobster would be the end of Peter Schibetta and be raped by any ni**er or Aryan.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/08/12 01:20 PM

a human being can only take 'so much' time inside. m.m. catches a big sentence,who knows?

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/09/12 05:43 AM

a human being can only take 'so much' time inside. m.m. catches a big sentence,who knows?

MM would never ever snitch heres why

Hes an old man now if he didnt snitch when he got that big 30 year sentence in the 70s when he was young and living the high life (can u imagine how much pussy and partying this guy did in the disco era)theres noway he would do it now that hes an old man and if he does have kids their probably in their 40+.Plus the fact he is one of those guys who spent alot of time in prison so its nothing for him.Guys like Massino and gravano did very little jail time so when the time came they knew they couldnt spend life in therer

Re: Mathew Madonna - 12/09/12 05:51 AM

i see where you coming from and its a good point. honestly,i doubt hed flip. but some one who says that 'prison is probably nothing' has probably never done any serious time. i agree with you completely on the issue at hand [madonna] but honestly theres only so much a person can take. another twenty yrs could break your heart.especially after all the time hes done. or he could take it like a man with his 'chest out,head up'. like i say,i agree with you, 'just sayin'.lol.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 08:56 AM

Have Madonna and dinapoli been sentenced yet or r they still free on bail ??
Posted By: TommyGambino

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By: domwoods74

Last i heard they were still out on bail, they'll try stall it as long as they can so they can die in there beds lol
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 09:27 AM

Yeah that's wot I heard aswel , they have been out on bail now quite a while

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 09:35 AM

Originally Posted By: TommyGambino

Last i heard they were still out on bail, they'll try stall it as long as they can so they can die in there beds lol

Correct, Tommy Boy lol.

And on a bit of a more serious note, at least two of the lower level bookmakers in the case just nixed another sweetheart plea deal. No time. Small forfeiture. But someone apparently "convinced" them to turn it down whistle .

It's really not fair to the street level guys in that case. But very little about the life is fair.
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 09:43 AM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
According to this article, found in the Utica Press Dec 22, 1976, Madonna imported his heroin from Bangkok, Thailand. At least that was what he was convicted of.

"Convicted Man Draws Maximum Term"

"A 41- year-old Bronx man
convicted with two others
of conspiring to smuggle 12
pounds of heroin from
Bangkok to New York, was
sentenced Tuesday to a
maximum term of 30 years
in prison and fined
$50 000.
In imposing the sentence
on Matthew Madonna,
Judge Robert L Carter
said it was the "hardest
sentence I have ever inflicted
and hope never to
have to impose again".
The sentence consisted
of 15 years each on two
counts to run consecutive
and a $25,000 fine on each
count and was the maximum
the court could have
imposed.
Salvatore Larca 32, also
of the Bronx who Judge
Carter characterized as a
"junior partner" in the
conspiracy, also received
two 15 year terms but to
run concurrently
The third man, Richard
Klinger 34 of Orange-
Calif, was sentenced to six
months in prison and
placed on probation for 18
months. The judge said
there was no evidence
Klinger had been involved
in a large scale operation."

Is that the same Sal Larca who is with the Genovese now? And was just arrested for pot distribution with Zoccolillo?

http://nypost.com/2013/05/03/from-reality-to-real-life-rat/

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 09:45 AM

That's his father, Flushing. 116th Street crew back then. He was VERY close to Barney at one time.
Posted By: Flushing

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 09:46 AM

Thanks PB.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 02:57 PM

Correct, Tommy Boy lol.

And on a bit of a more serious note, at least two of the lower level bookmakers in the case just nixed another sweetheart plea deal. No time. Small forfeiture. But someone apparently "convinced" them to turn it down whistle .

It's really not fair to the street level guys in that case. But very little about the life is fair.

It's not a global plea deal so why does it matter.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 03:11 PM

him and Jackie nose have the same job at some soda distributor. wonder if there both still working. you own a bar or restaurant and these 2 role up your switching to them. they must drive all around NYC just signing people up won't take no for a answer. they must really work I bet not that it a hard job. you think that Marco polo restaurant in bk goes to them or wat ever company the persicos own.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 03:13 PM

that's a good question who was the biggest vending machine guys in NYC. patriarca had new england to him self I read that boss in Milwaukee own it.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 03:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted

Correct, Tommy Boy lol.

It's not a global plea deal so why does it matter.

It shouldn't matter, but the lower guys still can't plea. So you do the math. Someone's obviously paranoid wink .
Posted By: njcapo35

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 03:47 PM

That company they work for Big Geyser gotta make some big bucks. They distribute a lot of top brand name products. They probably don't even have to lift a finger over there. That's what i call,
"Making money while your sleeping"

Re: Mathew Madonna - 05/29/14 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
him and Jackie nose have the same job at some soda distributor. wonder if there both still working. you own a bar or restaurant and these 2 role up your switching to them. they must drive all around NYC just signing people up won't take no for a answer. they must really work I bet not that it a hard job. you think that Marco polo restaurant in bk goes to them or wat ever company the persicos own.

I don't know about New England, pmac. But here in New York there aren't too many wiseguys still in the vending business. It was a HUGE moneymaker at one time, though. But between the FTC deregulating the business in New York City, and cigarette machines becoming illegal, things really changed.

Originally Posted By: pmac
that's a good question who was the biggest vending machine guys in NYC. patriarca had new england to him self I read that boss in Milwaukee own it.

Back in the '70s and '80s, Sally Bo DeSimone was the biggest vending guy in the Bronx, Western Queens and Northern Manhattan, by far. It wasn't even close in the Bronx.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/11/14 10:22 PM

Mathew madonna was origanally from Pleasant ave its funny that he became made with the luchese instead of the genevese.His brother frank was the main guy in that family but i dont think he ever became a made guy there is no mention of him anywhere
Posted By: Belmont

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/11/14 11:04 PM

I still cant believe this jersey case from 2007 isnt resolved yet. Its absolutely unheard of. Unless the feds are working on some sort of federal indictment.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/11/14 11:08 PM

Mathew madonna was origanally from Pleasant ave its funny that he became made with the luchese instead of the genevese.

Not really, Tiger. I understand where you're coming from because they were overshadowed by the old Buckaloo Westside crew on 116th. But the Luccheses were VERY strong around 108th Street. And that's where Matty got off.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/11/14 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Belmont
I still cant believe this jersey case from 2007 isnt resolved yet. Its absolutely unheard of. Unless the feds are working on some sort of federal indictment.

Those three guys are looking to live out their days through adjournments lol .

It's funny, but it's not fair to the younger guys who want to plea wink.
Posted By: Longshoreman

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/11/14 11:38 PM

[quote=Belmont]I still cant believe this jersey case from 2007 isnt resolved yet. Its absolutely unheard of. Unless the feds are working on some sort of federal indictment.

It's funny, but it's not fair to the younger guys who want to plea wink. [/quote

The books "Blue Domino" and "Pleasent Ave Connection" sum up that era. My question always was, Barnes bought from Madonna, where did Madonna get the smack?

Speaking of West 8th, Shakepreasrs still there? Great burgers!

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 01:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Longshoreman
My question always was, Barnes bought from Madonna, where did Madonna get the smack?

From a Jamaican lady named Flo. She looked a little like Willona from "Good Times," and I hear she was pretty good in the sack.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 01:52 AM

[quote=Belmont]I still cant believe this jersey case from 2007 isnt resolved yet. Its absolutely unheard of. Unless the feds are working on some sort of federal indictment.

It's funny, but it's not fair to the younger guys who want to plea wink. [/quote

The books "Blue Domino" and "Pleasent Ave Connection" sum up that era. My question always was, Barnes bought from Madonna, where did Madonna get the smack?

At the time that he was selling to barnes i would guess that his brother bought from one of galantes guy he was bringing alot of h into the country.

Later on Matty had his own importation thing going by sending people to Thailand as mules and they would bring it over to NY.
He met Barnes in prison while serving time for murder he clipped someone in broad daylight and got 15 years.He apparently was a quiet guy guy but if you fucked with him he was deadly

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 07:19 AM

My question always was, Barnes bought from Madonna, where did Madonna get the smack?

From a Jamaican lady named Flo. She looked a little like Willona from "Good Times," and I hear she was pretty good in the sack.

No kiddin? You got first hand of this info in the sack? Interesting

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 07:34 AM

At the time that he was selling to barnes i would guess that his brother bought from one of galantes guy he was bringing alot of h into the country.

Later on Matty had his own importation thing going by sending people to Thailand as mules and they would bring it over to NY.
He met Barnes in prison while serving time for murder he clipped someone in broad daylight and got 15 years.He apparently was a quiet guy guy but if you fucked with him he was deadly

Perfect thanks, interesting stuff. It's always the quiet ones.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 09:27 AM

No kiddin? You got first hand of this info in the sack? Interesting

It was a joke. Man, I gotta use those smileys more lol.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 11:18 AM

Barnes stated in his testimony from the presidents commission on organised crime back in 1985 that he wasn't really sure what family madonna belonged to but that he mentioned a few names.perhaps he didn't associate with one family in particular back then.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 11:26 AM

Barnes stated in his testimony from the presidents commission on organised crime back in 1985 that he wasn't really sure what family madonna belonged to but that he mentioned a few names.perhaps he didn't associate with one family in particular back then.

It's more probable that he just didn't care enough to find out. And even law enforcement misidentified family members back then. For instance, it wasn't all that uncommon to see a Gambino listed as a Genovese, or vice versa, on an FBI file back then.

And I'm sure that to Nicky Barnes, Matty was just one of the Eye-Talians. And as long as he was getting paid, that's all he needed to know.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 11:32 AM

from what i remember from it he did come off as somewhat indifferent to what was going on with the supply end of things. Ill try and find it again I'm sure i pasted up on another thread a while back.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 04:50 PM

This barnes testimony from the presidents commission on organised crime from back in 85. He goes into the relationship with the mafia.
some of the spelling messes up during the copy and pasting it. https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/105010NCJRS.pdf

MR. OINTINO: Mr. Barnes, you have made
a statement that the supplier who was determined to be an informant named Carmine Pugliese, you decided to terminate this individual?

THE WITNESS: Yes. sir.
MR. DINTINO: Did the Council seek permission from anyone to terminate this individual, outside of your own council?

THE WITNESS: No, we didn't. We didn't require supervision from anyone.
We weren't subjected to any intimidation by any outside group_

MR. DINTINO: Do you know if he was connected to any of the seven Hafia families in New York City?
THE WITNESS: We didn't know. We werent
interested.

HR. DINTINO: Your main supplier Madonna. was he connected to any of the seven Mafia families in New York City?

THE WITNESS: I think so.

MR. DINTINO: What family?

THE WITNESS: I don't know. I have heard
him mention names, but I just don't remember any of them at this time.

MR. DINTINO: Did your Council have any inter- action with the seven .mafia families in New York City?
THE WITNESS: No sir
MR DINTINO:You worked completely independent
WITNESS:Yes, sir.

MR DINTINO:Now, in the Harlem area, even though you were involved in heroin, the other vice activities, such as prostitution, lottery. bookmaking, loan sharking, were they controlled by Black organized crime. or were they controlled by the Mafia families in the Harlem area?

THE WITNESS: To my knowledge, it was Black
controlled.
MR. DINTINO: In other words, you had complete control of the Harlem area. and that Blacks controlled
the vice activities in the Harlem area?

THE WITNESS: Y e s .
MR. DINTINO: Did you extend outside the Harlem area, particularly in narcotics trafficking?

THE WITNESS: Well. among the Council members with whom i was associated. one of our Council members operated in Brooklyn.. and another one operated in the bronx.

MR. DINTINO: One~ last time: Was there any interaction between you and the, Council and the Mafia families in New York City?

THE WITNESS: When you use the word "inter-raction"?
MR. DINTINO: Did you get permission from them to do anything?
THE WITNESS: No. we didn't need permission.

MR. DINTINO: Did they operate in Harlem in anyway?
THE WITNESS: No. not to my knowledge.
HR. OINTINO: Did they ever?
THE WITNESS: Oh, yes, at one time they did.
MR. DINTINO: Whai: year are you talking about?
THE WITNESS: I think there was a gradual
changing of hands beginning in the '60·s.

MR. OINTINO: Would you characterize that
the seven Mafia families, at this time. would be appre- hensive about operating in Harlem?
THE WITNESS: I don't know whether they would be apprehensive. I think that they would probably conclude that it wouldn't be a sound business decision t.o be:: involvud in Harlem because many of the Blacks in Harlem operate the area for themselves.

MH. DINTINO: Okay, sir, thank you.
THE CHAIRMAN: Any other questions?
I would like to ask you one question: Knowing
the background of the Mafia, how do you account for the fact that they didn't intimidate the Council or your operations and try to move in?

THE WITNESS: I think the best response I could offer would be that thay probably concluded that the fox isn't worth the chase, and they decided to stay out.
THE CHAIRMAN: Why wasn't tho fox worth the
chase?

THE WITNESS: I think that the obstacles would have been created because the Blacks felt that Harlem, in a sense, belonged to them, and I think that they wore willing to fight for the territory.
I think that the organized crime people
wanted to--they wanted to earn from the activities in
a territory, but I don't think that they wanted to go back to the violence of the Prohibition-type era, and I think that is what they would have been confronted with.

THE CHAIRMAN: In short, there would have been warfare?.
THE WITNESS: Yes, sir·.
Posted By: mulberry

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 06:14 PM

Who are the other two Mafia families in NYC Dintino was referring to? One is likely the Decalvacante Family since they did have guys working in the area from time to time.

Has anyone ever verified if this Carmine Pugliese character ever really existed and if he was a made man or connected and which family?

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 06:24 PM

Mathew madonna was origanally from Pleasant ave its funny that he became made with the luchese instead of the genevese.

Not really, Tiger. I understand where you're coming from because they were overshadowed by the old Buckaloo Westside crew on 116th. But the Luccheses were VERY strong around 108th Street. And that's where Matty got off.

Didn't the Luccheses originate in the 108th st area? I've read that they were known as the 108th st mob back during the Prohibition era and afterwards. Most of their drug dealers during the Lucchese and Corallo eras came from Harlem.

Were Vincent Pappa and Anthony Loria members of the Purples? How about Bowat?

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: mulberry

Didn't the Luccheses originate in the 108th st area?

That's what I said.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 06:38 PM

Were Vincent Pappa and Anthony Loria members of the Purples?

They sold them plenty of dope, if that's what you mean.

How about Bowat?

No.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 07:54 PM

When Nicky met matty in prison Joey Gallo was also in there at the time matty hanged with the Italians Nicky with the Blacks but Joey hanged with everyone including the gays NOONE fucked with Joey.That prison was a whos who of orginised crime
Posted By: Vknicks

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 11:41 PM

Best guess would be it came from Big John

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/12/14 11:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Vknicks
Best guess would be it came from Big John

The smack? Big John? Gotti?

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/13/14 06:37 AM

John gotti was a nobody during that time
Posted By: Yankees1951

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/13/14 07:07 AM

John gotti was a nobody during that time

By that time John Gotti as noted on the biography channel finally grew into his hand me downs and often was mistaken for a mechanic for walking around with so much dirt on him as pictured in one mug shot. John also got a matching pair of shoes by 1969 before he rocked out w his cock out with sammy jimmy brown jackie nose n quack quack

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/13/14 12:25 PM

I obviously didn't mean John Gotti lol

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/13/14 02:17 PM

Mostly likely Matty started working for or guys working for big john ormento but he dies in the early or mid 70s so by the end of the Nicky Barnes era im not quite sure who took over big john ormento's buisness

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/13/14 02:27 PM

wonder when his trial in nyc sarts with dinapoli for shacking down some unions and stuff. I understand the trial in nj fell apart but I never heard of the nyc feds letting a rico trial just vanish. he was indicted probably 4yrs ago something must went fucked up for the fbi probably witnesses died or went back to crime.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/13/14 02:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Vknicks
I obviously didn't mean John Gotti lol

Ok my fault, I truthfully wasn't sure.
Posted By: mldetroit

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/13/14 06:06 PM

Hey Tiger84 - Can I ask where you saw this article about Madonna using individual mules to carry heroin from Bangkok to New York? The reason I ask is I've wondered how a lot of the big junk guys used to import. It's hard to imagine old New York mobsters flying to Thailand or Burma to arrange purchases or setting up flights. I always figured NYC mobsters just bribed guys at ports or shipping facilities to let their packages through (and worked with somebody at the source that was responsible for sending it). Anyways, anything you got that specifically talks about how they got it done would be appreciated.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/13/14 07:04 PM

i found this posted earlier on in this thread.
Quote:
Convicted Man Draws Maximum Term"

"A 41- year-old Bronx man convicted with two others of conspiring to smuggle 12 pounds of heroin from Bangkok to New York, was sentenced Tuesday to a
maximum term of 30 years in prison and fined $50 000.
In imposing the sentence on Matthew Madonna, Judge Robert L Carter said it was the "hardest sentence I have ever inflicted and hope never to have to impose again".

The sentence consisted of 15 years each on two counts to run consecutive and a $25,000 fine on each count and was the maximum the court could have
imposed. Salvatore Larca 32, also of the Bronx who Judge Carter characterized as a "junior partner" in the conspiracy, also received two 15 year terms but to
run concurrently The third man, Richard Klinger 34 of Orange- Calif, was sentenced to six months in prison and placed on probation for 18 months. The judge said there was no evidence Klinger had been involved in a large scale operation."

I think nicky barnes may have started dealing with galante after madonnas conviction. http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=784474

Or he could have been dealing with ike atkinson who was still operating till 75 and supplied guys in new york, swell as elsewhere on the east coast.

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/13/14 10:28 PM

I doubt Galante was dealing directly with anyone who wasn't made in the American Mafia or Sicily, and neither were his zips.

There were plenty of guys with the Luccheses that could have supplied him
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/14/14 06:33 PM

I've asked this a couple of times and maybe someone responded (sorry if this is a repeat question). What happened to Operation Heat… plea deals? Anyone turn states', etc etc? Also length of sentence would be appreciated

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/15/14 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: FrankMazola
I've asked this a couple of times and maybe someone responded (sorry if this is a repeat question). What happened to Operation Heat… plea deals? Anyone turn states', etc etc? Also length of sentence would be appreciated

Some have pled guilty, some are in negotiation and some are going to trial
Posted By: InDaKnow

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/17/14 12:46 AM

Anthony Loria "Tony" was definitely Purple back in the early days and got his start in "business" up in East Harlem...His brother in law, Alfred Perillo ("Freddy Clutch") was made and was in the trenches with Joe Cargo (Valachi)...Perillo gave Loria his start. Loria then moved to "The Neighborhood" (187th & Arthur Ave) and set up shop. One time when the bulls tried to make a bust at Perillo's house, Loria tossed all the dope and guns out the window. He took the whole rap and all the heat. Eventuality, the case was overturned on appeal for "illegal search & seizure" and basically set forth the way the 4th Admendment is used til this very day and is often cited in case law. ***The Court of Appeals in People v. Loria (10 N.Y.2d 368)*** ...Perillo died, Valachi fliped and Loria hooked up with Vinny Papa, Johnny Dio, & Virgil Alesi. They were selling the "French Connection" babania that they were stealing from the NYPD property room. (As everyone knows, there are many theories on how that was actually done and by whom, and I'm sure a whole seperate thread can be filled by those thoughts...However, for now, lets just say Papa was the "ace in the hole", with Loria, Alesi , Louis Cirillo and a couple other main players) As that dope was flowing freely from the property room on Broom Street, Loria moved to Castle Hill and then out to Long Island..In late 60s & early70s, Papa who was based in Astoria, was supplying all the stolen French Connection dope in major to a variety of dealers. But the biggest chain was with Loria and Alesi. With Papa as the main vein of supply, they would do major swaps at Loria's house out in North Babylon. Alesi would take his dope back to his various spots in the city. Loria, now in total charge of the heroin flow on Long Island would then supply to a chain of dealers who took it to street level. Some of his junk wound up in the arm of a guy named Burke from Islip, NY who was supplied by Angelo Paradiso (a dealer who got his supply from Loria). Burke overdosed and this brought heat on the Loria organization from the investigators on the bottom level. Meanwhile, Papa was catching heat from the feds and Cirillos yard was being dug up showcasing a million cash. So with heat comming from the top with the Feds, and comming from the bottom with local Suffolk County dicks, the "trail" led to Loria's home. Eventually, they busted Paradiso, who gave up everbody and their mothers up....This whole saga was explained in detail in The Heroin Trail, by NY Newsday..I recommend it if you haven't read it.

As for supplying the blacks, one of Loria's customers was Mr. HUFF. He used to drive out to Loria's house in his big Cadillac, blinged with gold and diamonds everywhere! He supplied alot of areas in The Bronx and Harlem.....So yes, no matter how many times they try to say The Goombah's had nothing to do with the blacks, they are mistaken. Madonna, Loria, and Cirillo all supplied the blacks.

Even though Papa & Loria were not made, they certainly had the attention of every boss and skipper around, and nobody fucked with them, not even the Dons..They were for real! Serious and dangerous as can be...Ah, the good old days
Posted By: funkster

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/19/14 09:55 PM

Why do you keep making the same post?
Posted By: SC

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/19/14 10:50 PM

Cut it out InDa, or you'll be in da sandbox.
Posted By: InDaKnow

Re: Mathew Madonna - 07/19/14 11:44 PM

I apologize. I'm new to the board and didn't realize my post was being repeated...Sorry guys
Posted By: Tommy2Times

Re: Mathew Madonna - 06/20/21 11:08 PM

Just been trying to research about Matty Madonna and his brother Frank. Not sure if you guys know this information about him. His mother is Rosina "Rose" Rotondi she was born 1893 in Italy and died 1959 NYC and his father Guido Madonna was born June 17, 1894 and died August 1993, he was a barber in Harlem. They resided in the 40's on 116th street makes sense his connection with dealing H there. Matty has a sister Mary born 1920 and his brother is Frank Louis Madonna born 1927. I found he was released from federal prison on 7/17/1987. Just not sure if he was a made Lucchese man or just an associate?
Posted By: ColonelReb

Re: Mathew Madonna - 06/21/21 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Scorsese
H🥺e wasnt supplied by galante. Madonna was arrested and convicted between 1975-76 and Galante had only just been released in 74 so they wouldnt have been working together considering that barnes and madonna had been operating since the late 1960s when galante was still in prison.

Same pipeline. It was serving the Genovese guys like Vito, Bender etc, along with Lucchese guys like Gribbs, Gigi the whale etc along with Bonanno guys like Galante and Gambino Guys like patsy Conte and Sal Ruggiero. Guys got busted but the pipeline kept flowing through the 70s and into the 80s via the Bonanno Montreal crew. George from Canada supplied Mark Reiter and Angelo Ruggiero the heroin up until the Pizza Connection case
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET