Home

Suburban Wiseguys

Posted By: TonyBoy117

Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 06:19 PM

Does anyone have any info on any of the current NYC players operating north of the City line in Westchester,Rockland,or Orange County NY, all or not of the guys I can think of are imprisoned or inactive; Danny Pagano,Andrew DeSimone,Mario Gigante,Robert Vaccaro etc ?
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 06:27 PM

I'm really not sure what you mean. But the truth is, most of guys who cut their teeth in NYC have relocated to the suburbs.

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 06:42 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I'm really not sure what you mean. But the truth is, most of guys who cut their teeth in NYC have relocated to the suburbs.
Yes I know but I'm talking about made guys who run most or all of their Rackets outside of the city such as Pagano who was sort of like the genovese pointman up north,otherwise Pizzaboy your right the list goes on and on ,

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 06:46 PM

And I'm not disagreeeing. I'm just pointing out that most of them are in the suburbs today, and some of them were never city guys. It points right back to assimilation into the suburbs. The same assimilation that's continually thinning out the ranks.

For instance, you mentioned Andrew DeSimone. Andrew grew up in Yonkers. His operations were Bronx based (as were his father's), but he always lived in Westchester.

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 06:46 PM

Stuf like this http://www.fivefamiliesnyc.com/2010/06/probe-nets-3-crime-family-members.html?m=1, The guys that Never were city guys that's kinda what im going for

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 06:47 PM

See my post above yours, TonyBoy.

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 06:53 PM

Huh, maybe there's just not enough money to be made up there, Andrew DeSimone though possibly the most sucessful an least fucked up of the former Tanglewood spare Santorelli wouldn't you agree Pizzaboy ?

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
Andrew DeSimone though possibly the most sucessful an least fucked up of the former Tanglewood spare Santorelli wouldn't you agree Pizzaboy ?

Both of them have very powerful fathers, or they both may have gone the way of some of those other kids. Christ, I'm not going to post any names here, but some of those kids are homeless junkies today. They got promised the world, but when it came time to move a couple guys up, it was only the kids who had fathers in the life that made it past gang member (DePalma, DeSimone, Santorelli, et al.)

Never underestimate the benefit of having a Rabbi in that life. The mob brats will always be favored. Look at poor Craig DePalma. That kid never wanted to be made. He never should have been made. That was his father's tremendous ego. And look what happened to that poor kid.

To be fair, Andrew is a total gentleman. He never pushed anyone around in his life, and he certainly could have gotten away with it because he was Sally Bo's son.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 07:37 PM

Didn't the tangle wood boys get into some racial/ethnic beefs with albanians and hispanics?

I remember a story where they stabbed some italian kid thinking he was albanian.

it does seem that the gangs was made up of mostly wannabes and hangers on with only very few hardcore members and they were probably a bit more bolder due to the fact that they were related to made men.
Posted By: Imamobguy

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 07:40 PM

[quote=Scorsese]I remember a story where they stabbed some italian kid thinking he was albanian.

LOL

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 07:44 PM

The kid's name was Louis Balancio. He was murdered in a bar in Yonkers in 1994. Andrew DeSimone's brother (Anthony) was charged and ultimately acquitted of the crime. But he lost a great deal of time in hiding first.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 08:53 PM

Not to get too off track but is Anthony santorelli still an active capo within the Lucchese Family?

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/18/12 10:45 PM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Not to get too off track but is Anthony santorelli still an active capo within the Lucchese Family?
From what I have heard he is still considered active but I'm not sure if e has maintained his status as a Capo, Regardig Tanglewood there was one more member with an interesting pedigree Steven Crea Jr
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/19/12 12:34 AM

Stevie had a son? What became of him?
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/19/12 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: 123JoeSchmo
Stevie had a son? What became of him?

he's on the Luchesse chart
can't find anything about him though, does anyone have any info?
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/19/12 10:17 AM

Andrew DeSimone though possibly the most sucessful an least fucked up of the former Tanglewood spare Santorelli wouldn't you agree Pizzaboy ?

Both of them have very powerful fathers, or they both may have gone the way of some of those other kids. Christ, I'm not going to post any names here, but some of those kids are homeless junkies today. They got promised the world, but when it came time to move a couple guys up, it was only the kids who had fathers in the life that made it past gang member (DePalma, DeSimone, Santorelli, et al.)

Never underestimate the benefit of having a Rabbi in that life. The mob brats will always be favored. Look at poor Craig DePalma. That kid never wanted to be made. He never should have been made. That was his father's tremendous ego. And look what happened to that poor kid.

To be fair, Andrew is a total gentleman. He never pushed anyone around in his life, and he certainly could have gotten away with it because he was Sally Bo's son.

Out of all the tanglewood boys John petrucelli got fucked the hardest.His best friend who he was avenging his shooting ratted on him and sent him to jail for life not 10 or 20 years but life with no parole.Imagine how this guy feels every morning he wakes up knowing he was trying to help his friend and his friend thanked him by snitching on him and that darin is out there enjoying his life and hes in jail rotting.JP was like in his mid 20s when he got put away

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/19/12 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
it does seem that the gangs was made up of mostly wannabes and hangers on with only very few hardcore members and they were probably a bit more bolder due to the fact that they were related to made men.

This is a fairly accurate statement. If you're not from the area, you have to realize that the Crestwood/Tanglewood section of Yonkers was very upscale when these kids were growing up (not as much today). It borders Scarsdale for God's sake. And if all you know about Scarsdale is what you see depicted on television (very white and very well-to-do), the truth is, that stereotype isn't very far off. It's hardly a breeding ground for tough guys. So the Tanglewood Boys were never a gang in the traditional sense.

Regardig Tanglewood there was one more member with an interesting pedigree Steven Crea Jr

Stevie Junior grew up in Pelham Manor. His association with the Tanglewood guys was more peripheral (his Dad was friends with their Dads). His name was unfairly bunched together with theirs in a national article about those kids some years back. But the truth is, he's at least half a dozen years younger than the rest of them, and was never deeply involved with them.

Originally Posted By: tiger84
Out of all the tanglewood boys John petrucelli got fucked the hardest.His best friend who he was avenging his shooting ratted on him and sent him to jail for life not 10 or 20 years but life with no parole.Imagine how this guy feels every morning he wakes up knowing he was trying to help his friend and his friend thanked him by snitching on him and that darin is out there enjoying his life and hes in jail rotting.JP was like in his mid 20s when he got put away

Well, that's the life, isn't it? A guy that you don't trust can't put you behind bars, can he?

But there it is again. Nick and Darin weren't born into the life. They liked what they saw and ingratiated themselves to these guys though violence. But when the time came to really prove themselves (through jail, not murder), they folded like cheap fucking suits.

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/19/12 08:44 PM

Pizza boy you are some kind or sorcerer with the local stuff, another great post very informative

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/19/12 08:54 PM

Pizza boy you are some kind or sorcerer with the local stuff, another great post very informative

No, I'm not a sorcerer lol.

I'm just older than most of you, and I've lived my entire life within a certain area and among certain people. It's called wisdom, and wisdom has nothing to do with being smart (because I'm not lol).

You only get wisdom through years of being stupid and making mistakes. I'm not sure how old you are, but you seem too young to have any lol.

Welcome to the board, by the way.

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/19/12 09:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese

This is a fairly accurate statement. If you're not from the area, you have to realize that the Crestwood/Tanglewood section of Yonkers was very upscale when these kids were growing up (not as much today). It borders Scarsdale for God's sake. And if all you know about Scarsdale is what you see depicted on television (very white and very well-to-do), the truth is, that stereotype isn't very far off. It's hardly a breeding ground for tough guys. So the Tanglewood Boys were never a gang in the traditional sense.

Yeah its not like they can be on rikers island claiming tanglewood as their affiliation like how the bloods or crips would.
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/19/12 09:55 PM

Yeah its not like they can be on rikers island claiming tanglewood as their affiliation like how the bloods or crips would

Well i think in that situation they would just name drop their fathers name

Yeah Pizzaboy is one of my favorite posters here.I love reading his posts on the local scene

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/19/12 10:01 PM

no ones gonna know their dads names on rikers island.
Posted By: gamms

Re: Suburban Wiseguys - 11/19/12 11:06 PM

Christ, I'm not going to post any names here,

i was wondering if someone was gonna say this.lol. seriously, if you want cases, look at the westchester da office. pizzaboy, you are right, sally bow was a serious guy,he still alive?

honestly, theres tons of guys from every family up in westchester. westsides even got guys upstate. didnt al bruno plant his flag in albany of all places?lol.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET