Home

Mafia In Australia - Part 4

Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Mafia In Australia - Part 4 - 11/05/12 11:34 AM

Hey dudes.

Part Four of my series on Italian-Australian criminals and the Calabrian Mafia's presence in Australia has recently gone up on GangstersInc; thought I'd share.

You can find it here;
http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/ndrangheta-mob-war-in-australia
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Mafia In Australia - Part 4 - 11/05/12 11:37 AM

Thanks Meatballs ..How ya been? hows the family?
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Mafia In Australia - Part 4 - 11/05/12 11:16 PM

Good work.
If you only worked for the AUS Govt. Meatballs, at least they would acknowledge the existence of such OC threat and do something radical about it.

Instead they keep Italy to get its hands on Italian/Italian-Australian crooks convicted in abstentia, and still deny that they have an Ndrangheta epidemic.

Why the 4th best nation on this planet does this is far from my understanding.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Mafia In Australia - Part 4 - 11/06/12 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
Good work.
If you only worked for the AUS Govt. Meatballs, at least they would acknowledge the existence of such OC threat and do something radical about it.

Instead they keep Italy to get its hands on Italian/Italian-Australian crooks convicted in abstentia, and still deny that they have an Ndrangheta epidemic.

I'm living in Aus but from England and let me tell you the police here are pretty shit! All they seem to care about is douche bag bikie's moving a little pot and scuffling in bars, they have no real knowledge in my view of Italian OC here, there's no charts, rarely any busts that are done by Australian Federal police themselves, usually its from help from Italy.
Also you look at a guy like Carl Williams in Melbourne, sloppy amateur criminal who would get locked up in about a week if he was in NY etc!
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Mafia In Australia - Part 4 - 11/06/12 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Thanks Meatballs ..How ya been? hows the family?

Hey ya Dick. Fam's good man, bub's nearly 6 months. She poops a lot.

Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
Good work.

Thanks Luan. The thing is, it seems to be all in the semantics. Is there an Australian mafia? According to the G, no. They will concede, however, that there are Italian mafia elements active in Australia.

What they seem to be unable to fathom is the homegrown nature of the phenomenom. These are guys with solid links to the Old Country, for sure, but there is an unmistakably Australian dynamic to the local operators. The vast majority of top guys these days are born and raised in Australia, and while they maintain links to their original cells conducive to rackets like the drug trade in particular, they are very much doing their own thing in this country. It's almost sad to admit how embedded they are, and how little of a shit the Fed's give.

Part 5 should be up before too long, which will deal with more of the Liborio Benvenuto era of Melbourne. Eventually, I will get into a Sicilian element that was big in the 70's, the Mackay murder and 'Aussie Bob' Trimbole's exploits in the 80's, the 'Aussie Brasco" case of the 90's and eventually the shit that's gone on post 2000, up to today.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET