Home

Does the State confiscate all Mafia Assets?

Posted By: Antonio

Does the State confiscate all Mafia Assets? - 10/26/12 04:10 PM

Basically does the state actually take away the assets and property when they announce it on the news or do they give some back if the defendant is not found guilty??
Posted By: Lenin_and_McCarthy

Re: Does the State confiscate all Mafia Assets? - 10/26/12 05:54 PM

I believe in America that sort of thing is only sorted out after the verdict.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Does the State confiscate all Mafia Assets? - 10/26/12 06:06 PM

I believe they have forfeiture hearings. They have to prove that whatever item it might be a Boat, a Bentley, a home, or a sculpture of a giant penis that it was bought with money paid illegally
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Does the State confiscate all Mafia Assets? - 10/26/12 06:11 PM

Massinos wife got to keep a decent amount including a house but that was presumably part of the deal for him to become an informant .
Posted By: Ted

Re: Does the State confiscate all Mafia Assets? - 10/26/12 07:18 PM

They don't automatically take it away, but just confiscate it. Like DickNose said, they still have to prove in court that it was obtained by illegal means/money. Otherwise they they have to give it back.
Posted By: jace

Re: Does the State confiscate all Mafia Assets? - 10/27/12 09:57 AM

Under RICO they size everything before trial, and make it tough for whoever is charged to hire lawyer. I believe they work out deal to allow family to pay some bills.
Posted By: Antonio

Re: Does the State confiscate all Mafia Assets? - 10/27/12 10:43 AM

Originally Posted By: Ted
They don't automatically take it away, but just confiscate it. Like DickNose said, they still have to prove in court that it was obtained by illegal means/money. Otherwise they they have to give it back.

OK Thanks guys, I new it was all just in the newspapers to make headlines! Who actually knows how much of the mobsters get their assets back, Fuckin' Government!
Posted By: azguy

Re: Does the State confiscate all Mafia Assets? - 10/29/12 05:46 PM

Lol, I guess not look at Vincent "Vinny Ocean" Palermo
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET