Home

Philly Mafia Legend died today

Posted By: PhillySteve

Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/24/12 09:00 PM

Salvatore "Chuckie" Merlino passed away in jail today at the age of 73. More info can be found at philly.com he was due to be released from jail in 2016
Posted By: Scalish

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/24/12 10:55 PM

Do you know the cause. I know he was a heavy drinker.
Posted By: PhillySteve

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/25/12 02:04 AM

Don't know the cause of death. I just know he has been sick for a good while and he was getting up there in age
Posted By: Black

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/25/12 06:07 AM

This is Skinny father right? Never mind I know it is after looking it up. Now the question is will skinny return to philly for his fathers funeral?........soliai
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/25/12 06:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Black
This is Skinny father right? Never mind I know it is after looking it up. Now the question is will skinny return to philly for his fathers funeral?........soliai

This past weekend they showed they showed Joey on TMZ going to LA. Another poster mentioned that he had visited his father before going to LA and that Chucky Merlino had been ill for quite sometime.

Because of his reputation I'm sure a local reporter(s) or the fbi will cause trouble for him. I'm pretty sure hes still on supervised-release, I don't know how that works when your an OC Member and a "Family Member of Signifigance" dies. I think he'll come back but ask for privacy
Posted By: merlino

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/25/12 01:48 PM

Dicknose, ya you are right because of his felon status and part of his release is to not associate with other members it must be private or maybe govt turns their head the other way in this case
Posted By: southphilly old head

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/25/12 03:14 PM

Yes i heard this mornning at breakfast that Joey will be home Friday to wednesday for his fathers funeral and the feds will probably be all over him
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/25/12 03:21 PM

http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_hew3cpwe/ haha my estimation of Joey just went up when TMZ asked him about Jersey Shore...
Posted By: pmac

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/25/12 04:04 PM

it kinda sucks the guy died in texas. it said he was in a low security so i guess thats one of those jails no fence. dam 25 yrs i thought the will to be free would have made him do the last 3 yrs.why couldnt he died in fort dix closer to home, texas is so far away.bobby mannas doin life he's in fort dix and probaly still running jersey from his cell, couple yrs ago people were still getting advice from him. wonder if the last talk he had with his son was like joey walk a way from the life or was it like scarfo and son just kill all them rats and reclaim the city. i really wonder if scarfo and chuckie who were was best friends made peace or talked, and will scarfo send flowers or a donation. maybe that would end the beef between there 2 sons. stranger shit has happend.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/26/12 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: merlino
Dicknose, ya you are right because of his felon status and part of his release is to not associate with other members it must be private or maybe govt turns their head the other way in this case

Man I hope they would allow this. I mean, come on, it's his father. Now, if he stuck around after the funeral, then Skinny might have a problem. But for the actual funeral? The FBI can let the kid pay his respects.
Posted By: merlino

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/26/12 03:07 PM

I bet the feds are looking after joey if he comes into a large cash money inheritence

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/26/12 03:25 PM

Im almost sure theres not much left! The man has been in jail for 26 years

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/26/12 03:46 PM

What im hearing is his funeral and wake is not private and it is monday.
Posted By: Big Alex

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/26/12 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: merlino
I bet the feds are looking after joey if he comes into a large cash money inheritence

What significance would that be? Does he owe Big fines or restitution?
Posted By: spmob

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/26/12 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: southphilly old head
What im hearing is his funeral and wake is not private and it is monday.

not private...you gonna be there then?? lol

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/26/12 04:05 PM

Probably not even though i know the wife Rita! Just in time for the hurricane anyway! LOL

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/26/12 04:07 PM

Big Alex, from what i know he never made restitution on that armour truck crime

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/27/12 12:04 AM

Stupid question but is Lawrence the rat Merlino chuckies brother still alive?
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/27/12 12:44 AM

no

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/27/12 12:47 AM

Thanks Vegas.

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/29/12 12:46 AM

So I hear they postponed Chuckies funeral till Thursday. Joey had a pass only till Wednesday so maybe they extended him till after that
Posted By: azguy

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/29/12 05:43 PM

Should be a big show and major turnout for Merlino..

I stood around the day of jerry angiulo's funeral, it was quite a show. I was suprised at the HA turnout and it was wierd to see Patriarca, Jr in real life..
Posted By: Philip_Lombardo

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 10/31/12 01:16 PM

least the old guy died proud of his son, his son being the boss and all i'll raise a glass of cider tonight in his honor
Posted By: Imamobguy

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 11/03/12 02:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Philip_Lombardo
least the old guy died proud of his son, his son being the boss and all i'll raise a glass of cider tonight in his honor

Salute to that !

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 11/03/12 02:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Imamobguy

Salute to that !

Salute

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 01/22/13 04:32 AM

Salute to that !

Salute to that joey being a mobguy an alleged leader some would say hes a king but needs to Wise-UP and not shake things up in Boca wheres in order to maintain there
Posted By: streetbossliborio

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 01/22/13 03:45 PM

the merlino family look like the quintessential italian american mafioso. they look pretty cool dont they lol. rip to chuckie
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 01/22/13 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Salute to that !

Salute to that joey being a mobguy an alleged leader some would say hes a king but needs to Wise-UP and not shake things up in Boca wheres in order to maintain there

I like what you did there lol
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 01/23/13 01:04 AM

I'm confused, is wiseup imamobguy?
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 08/31/14 02:04 PM

I take it if Chuckie lived to see out his prison sentence, his release would have no bearing on the mob landscape in Philly?
Posted By: PetroPirelli

Re: Philly Mafia Legend died today - 08/31/14 08:53 PM

Doubt it. His son is boss. Not much scape to change.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET