Home

Daniel Marino

Posted By: LouieLovino

Daniel Marino - 10/02/12 02:47 AM

Anyone know any info on Marino? All the info I can find on the Internet is scarce. I know he is in prison now, but does anyone have any stories from when he was active?
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Daniel Marino - 10/02/12 03:12 AM

Originally Posted By: LouieLovino
Anyone know any info on Marino? All the info I can find on the Internet is scarce. I know he is in prison now, but does anyone have any stories from when he was active?

Try searching his name on Dappers site www.fivefamiliesnyc.com great site for compilation of articles in recent times or

www.cosa-nostra-news.blogspot.com

Re: Daniel Marino - 10/02/12 05:04 AM

Thank you
Posted By: pmac

Re: Daniel Marino - 10/02/12 06:14 PM

theres a little article about marino and the best martini in nyc in a summer issue of cosomopolian. its short some writer goes into a bar on the westside and convo's a older guy who looked out of the godfather, i dont know how to post links. story short the wrttter checks the tab and ask the bartender who was that guy and the bartender says the boss. the writter see's the check d. marino.then marino gets indicted for killing his nephew or green liten it.

Re: Daniel Marino - 10/02/12 09:09 PM

Does anyone have any recent photos of him? All photos on the Internet are from a long time ago.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Daniel Marino - 10/03/12 01:46 PM

Check the photo thread at the top there is a recent one.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Daniel Marino - 10/03/12 08:18 PM

Originally Posted By: pmac
theres a little article about marino and the best martini in nyc in a summer issue of cosomopolian. its short some writer goes into a bar on the westside and convo's a older guy who looked out of the godfather, i dont know how to post links. story short the wrttter checks the tab and ask the bartender who was that guy and the bartender says the boss. the writter see's the check d. marino.then marino gets indicted for killing his nephew or green liten it.

To post links just go on to the article copy your adress bar and paste it here
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Daniel Marino - 10/06/12 02:52 PM

I´m sure most of you know this already, but Danny Marino and four others were arrested in April 1963 after stomping a FBI agent, John P. Foley, nearly to death and taking his gun. The assault occured after another FBI agent had photographed a funeral party which included Gambino captain Carmine Lombardozzi. The funeral service was being held for Lombardozzi´s deceased father, Carmelo. All the arrestees were relatives of Carmine, who did not take part in the assault. The gun was eventually returned to the FBI but Marino, John Joseph Lombardozzi, George Lombardozzi, Camillo Charles Lombardozzi and Joseph Zampello were sentenced to a 20 month imprisonment each.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Daniel Marino - 10/06/12 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles
I´m sure most of you know this already, but Danny Marino and four others were arrested in April 1963 after stomping a FBI agent, John P. Foley, nearly to death and taking his gun. The assault occured after another FBI agent had photographed a funeral party which included Gambino captain Carmine Lombardozzi. The funeral service was being held for Lombardozzi´s deceased father, Carmelo. All the arrestees were relatives of Carmine, who did not take part in the assault. The gun was eventually returned to the FBI but Marino, John Joseph Lombardozzi, George Lombardozzi, Camillo Charles Lombardozzi and Joseph Zampello were sentenced to a 20 month imprisonment each.

Young guys (at the time) trying to impress their elders. It was certainly one of the stupidest stunts ever pulled. I seriously doubt that Carlo was pleased wink. But give Marino the credit that he's due. He checked the temper in his middle age and he became a very shrewd mobster AND businessman.

I've always likened Marino to Joe Butch Corrao for that reason. Corrao had a temper that was downright frightening to even the most innocent of bystanders (like the poor tourists who were unfortunate enough to be eating at Taoromina or Cafe Biondo when he snapped). But unlike Marino, Joe had that temper until the day he died. But he was still a very crafty guy and a tremendous earner who was univerally respected in a family that was literally split in two when he was coming up.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Daniel Marino - 10/06/12 03:53 PM

DANIEL MARINO 71-White-M 08-27-2014 LEXINGTON FMC

not a bad sentence for orchestrating the murder of your own nephew
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Daniel Marino - 10/06/12 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Young guys (at the time) trying to impress their elders. It was certainly one of the stupidest stunts ever pulled. I seriously doubt that Carlo was pleased wink. But give Marino the credit that he's due. He checked the temper in his middle age and he became a very shrewd mobster AND businessman.

I've always likened Marino to Joe Butch Corrao for that reason. Corrao had a temper that was downright frightening to even the most innocent of bystanders (like the poor tourists who were unfortunate enough to be eating at Taoromina or Cafe Biondo when he snapped). But unlike Marino, Joe had that temper until the day he died. But he was still a very crafty guy and a tremendous earner who was univerally respected in a family that was literally split in two when he was coming up.

Carlo wasn't happy, it's true. Carmine Lombardozzi was nearly killed over the incident. Marino was supposed to be his responsibility. He lived, but lost some standing in the family.

I've never heard the Corrao story, could you share?

Re: Daniel Marino - 02/13/13 05:42 AM

What are the chances that Marino will take the top spot when he gets out?
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Daniel Marino - 02/13/13 05:56 AM

He was on the family's ruling panel a while back but the top spot is Cefalu's until he gives it up or dies.

Re: Daniel Marino - 02/13/13 06:12 AM

But if he was the boss before going to jail, wouldn't the boss job be rightfully his when he gets out? Isn't that how it has worked in years past?
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Daniel Marino - 02/13/13 06:43 AM

Originally Posted By: LouieLovino
But if he was the boss before going to jail, wouldn't the boss job be rightfully his when he gets out? Isn't that how it has worked in years past?

Marino was never the official boss. He was on the ruling panel with John Gambino and Bobby Vernace. They were basically three acting bosses. Cefalu is now the official boss, which typically means the position is permanently his until he gives it up or dies.
Posted By: TonyJack

Re: Daniel Marino - 02/13/13 09:01 PM

http://mafia.wikia.com/wiki/Joseph_Corrao
Posted By: alexandarns

Re: Daniel Marino - 08/19/14 03:39 PM

Any info about carmine"the doctor"lombardozzi other then the info on mafia wiki??something like where was his crew stationed at,and who was in his crew?i know that marino was in his crew,before it went to gennaro and than jimmy brown got it.read somewhere that marino was the leader of the gang called "the dahill road devils" or "gremlins",something like that,and that he knew anthony casso way back before 19th hole..they fought each other smile i would appreciate some help and info.
Posted By: domwoods74

Re: Daniel Marino - 08/19/14 04:03 PM

Someone posted this on another forum today

Carmine Lombardozzi knocked up Sammy Mints daughter so they had a sit-down and decided they won't kill him if he divorces his wife of 25 years and marries the girl. A pass with the option to die.

Re: Daniel Marino - 08/19/14 04:30 PM

Yes i read it,he divorced his old wife and married the one he knocked up smile

Re: Daniel Marino - 08/19/14 04:44 PM

http://newyorkcitygangs.com/?page_id=1145 that is the gang iam talking about.The gremlins,according to philip carlo marino was one of the leaders or something like that.i havent read his book but it is suposed to be in it..the gremlins were a park slope gang,i guess thats how casso knew marino.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Daniel Marino - 08/19/14 05:01 PM

isn't he out? my stupid guess if cefulo really wanted to step down marino would be his choice if he wants it why not. I know people are gonna say hes going to florida but hes only like 75 is he one of them health freaks I don't know just saying. he told gottis adopted kid crime don't pay and he was retired then he got indicted 6 yrs later for running a crew probably knew kasman was a rat plus the gotti connection.
Posted By: Beanshooter

Re: Daniel Marino - 08/19/14 05:04 PM

BOP has Daniel Marino coming out on 8/27/2014 and at 73 years old

Re: Daniel Marino - 08/19/14 05:09 PM

I don't know,he would be my choice.i mean he was paul's man,and he was into white crime,so it wouldn't be that bad..but who am i to talk,maybe cefalu's got a real tight grip on things...but it is real strange to me how little info an pics are there of him,in my opinion the least of the guys wdho acctuly ran a family like the gambino's..atleast one of the 3 guys wink
Posted By: Moe_Tilden

Re: Daniel Marino - 08/19/14 06:34 PM

Daniel Marino and ex Miami Dolphin Dan Marino to run the borgata in 2015.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Daniel Marino - 08/19/14 06:57 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GfVB2S5-oOQ
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET