Home

Mob Wannabe Kids

Posted By: botz

Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/25/12 03:11 PM

How many Kids are there in this day in age that want to be in the mafia?

I would Like to know how many mob wannabe kids are there Philly, Jersey, New York (Northern States), but any place is fineto list.
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/25/12 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By: botz

I would Like to know how many mob wannabe kids are there Philly, Jersey, New York (Northern States), but any place is fineto list.

What sort of answer are you looking for with this question ? Are you hoping for someone to say there is 20000 in Philly etc ? Noone will be able to answer that way unless i completely misunderstood the question .
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/25/12 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Camarel

What sort of answer are you looking for with this question ? Are you hoping for someone to say there is 20000 in Philly etc ? Noone will be able to answer that way unless i completely misunderstood the question .

If you vote this year maybe they'll ask everyone in the age group of White Males 18 to 35
Posted By: EddieCoyle

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/25/12 05:17 PM

Or to make the question more answerable, how many posters here at some point in either their youth or young adult years had fantasies/aspirations to be involved in Traditional Organized Crime?
Posted By: carmela

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/26/12 01:56 AM

Philly has 20,000 kids that wanna be mobsters.
New Jersey (big ups) has 1.5 million (yeah, I couldn't believe this statistic either!!) wanna be mobsters.
New York has only 10 (surprising but true!!) wanna be mobsters.
And in Arkansas there is 1 wanna be mobster.

Hope this helps!

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/26/12 02:07 AM

Carmela, what about the the state we REALLY want to see the stats on...

Wyoming
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/26/12 02:15 AM

Are there even Italian restaurants in Wyoming?

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/26/12 02:19 AM

LCN has had a mafia family in Wyoming that has gained little attention over the years, they've been laying low to avoid federal indictments that have hurt the rest of the country. Their family chart consists of 42 made members and 120 associates.
Posted By: SC

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/26/12 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas
Are there even Italian restaurants in Wyoming?

Yeah, they sell Rocky Mountain oysters with a nice meat sauce.
Posted By: 123JoeSchmo

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/26/12 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Montague
LCN has had a mafia family in Wyoming that has gained little attention over the years, they've been laying low to avoid federal indictments that have hurt the rest of the country. Their family chart consists of 42 made members and 120 associates.

Hahahaha
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/26/12 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Philly has 20,000 kids that wanna be mobsters.
New Jersey (big ups) has 1.5 million (yeah, I couldn't believe this statistic either!!) wanna be mobsters.
New York has only 10 (surprising but true!!) wanna be mobsters.
And in Arkansas there is 1 wanna be mobster.

Hope this helps!

Well I heard the hanger-on/Wannaa-Be in Arkansas is a rising store in Fayeteville, AK. His gang of brothers rule the town with an Iron Pitchfork
Posted By: tree

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/26/12 03:17 AM

????cant anwser that but i know the government got alot money to spend on nothin when you got children in philly that dont even have books!?!?remember these kids are going to take care of you someday ,thats what i do know.all this money for gambling????

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/26/12 04:16 PM

Posted By: Wilson

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/27/12 10:10 PM

I wouldn't think many would want to be mobsters.

Most people back in the day became mobsters because they didn't have a path that would allow them to make money. They had no opportunity. They grew up in neighborhoods that were full of immigrants like themselves where you had two choices. Work with your back for your entire life, or become a gangster.

Nowdays the children of mobsters, have the opportunity to go to college and get an education. Old school mobsters never had that opportunity.

I'm sure there are some old members out there that would frown upon a young smart kid wanting to be a gangster. If their grandchild could become a doctor, they would love to see that happen. Have a nice life, free of crime in the suburbs and not ever have to worry about what they went through when they were their age.

Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/27/12 11:18 PM

^^^pretty much nailed it

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 01:18 AM

I COMPLETELY disagree with Wilson/Dapper Don
That wasn't the question though, it wasn't the children of mobsters, it was young people in general, the new generation of Italian Americans if you will. And if New York has shown us anything its that Mobsters raise their children to join the life. Look at John Gotti, Carmine Persico, Carlo Gambino and Joseph Bonanno just to name a few. In the major mob bust last year there was Gregory Fucci and Gregory Fucci Jr.

And the way you grow up economically has nothing to do with it. That is more of the romanticized view of the mafia that movies have shown us. I'd say most of the young Italian American who has gotten involved in organized crime since the '80s was born and raised in a comfortable middle class home.

No longer is it the "You either become a cop, a firefighter or a crook" type of world.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 01:32 AM

umm,how much opportunity when kids dont have books?every parent wants the best for there child but in this racist society a granfather would understand.and if your italian,he would knock you out for pretending racism doesnt exist when all that he went through to pave the way.you have people on here mimmicking black lingo and while it may be funny you cant say race doesnt matter.if your kids didnt have books at school and nobody cared would you still feel the same way?would you feel like they had the same opportunity?

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 01:33 AM

now i must say that funny!lmao!

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 01:37 AM

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 01:44 AM

ahahaha!

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 02:23 AM

Originally Posted By: tree
umm,how much opportunity when kids dont have books?every parent wants the best for there child but in this racist society a granfather would understand.and if your italian,he would knock you out for pretending racism doesnt exist when all that he went through to pave the way.you have people on here mimmicking black lingo and while it may be funny you cant say race doesnt matter.if your kids didnt have books at school and nobody cared would you still feel the same way?would you feel like they had the same opportunity?

Where did this come from? This has nothing to do with the ops question .

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 02:43 AM

aah,yes it does.i answered about afforded opportunity to everyone.while it may not be popular what im saying please read the comment that i answered thoroughly

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 02:45 AM

I think hes saying young Italians are facing persecution and racism which is effecting their education and financial situation so they turn to crime

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 02:50 AM

aah,yes it does.i answered about afforded opportunity to everyone.while it may not be popular what im saying please read the comment that i answered thoroughly

It's nothing about you're view being controversial as you're implying i'm not disagreeing with what you've said it just seems it came out of nowhere in a thread it wasn't relevant .

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 02:55 AM

very good!youve been getting a's all night:) its really not rocket science though.look at the people in the ghetto and look at the people in the suburbs.most questions can be answered from this observation.so im gonna leave you guys alone for now.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 03:01 AM

very good!youve been getting a's all night:) its really not rocket science though.look at the people in the ghetto and look at the people in the suburbs.most questions can be answered from this observation.so im gonna leave you guys alone for now.

Again what???
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 03:14 AM

Finland issues traffic ticket fines based on how much money you make!

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 03:15 AM

Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 06:43 AM

And the way you grow up economically has nothing to do with it. That is more of the romanticized view of the mafia that movies have shown us. I'd say most of the young Italian American who has gotten involved in organized crime since the '80s was born and raised in a comfortable middle class home.

No longer is it the "You either become a cop, a firefighter or a crook" type of world.

Bingo.

Montague, you've managed to answer what the Italian-American prominenti of the Clubs, Societies, NIAF and such are still yelling about.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 11:49 PM

That wasn't the question though, it wasn't the children of mobsters, it was young people in general, the new generation of Italian Americans if you will. And if New York has shown us anything its that Mobsters raise their children to join the life. Look at John Gotti, Carmine Persico, Carlo Gambino and Joseph Bonanno just to name a few. In the major mob bust last year there was Gregory Fucci and Gregory Fucci Jr.

Those guys were exceptions, the majority of mobsters dont want their offspring to follow them into the mob. When Gotti Sr told Chin that Gotti Jr had just become a made man, Chin said "I am sorry to hear that" because the whole point of you being in the life in the first place is that you want to provide a comfortable lifestyle for your family so your kids will not need to enter that lifestyle. Same thing after Bill Cutolo Jr graduated from community college and he told his dad he wanted to enter the life, his dad dissapointed. The Chicago Outfit has a well-known rule that even Frank Calabrese Jr always mentions that you are not suppose to bring your kids into the life. Obcourse there are guys like Gotti Sr,Frank Locascio, Greg Scarpa Sr, Persico Sr who's kids follow them into the life. I wouldn't look at the sons of mobsters who followed their dad into the lifestyle, a better judgement of that would be the hundreds of kids who didnt. Those you rarely hear about, and when you do its the "my dad's past is hurting my career" article like the daughter of Anthony Spero or the son of Frank Sparaco who is a politician, or one of Scarfo Sr's son's who changed his last name.

Most young Italians are brought up in a comfortable middle class background in general, the VAST majority of those Italians (I personally know a bunch) go on to become white collar professionals such as wall street brokers, lawyers, professor's, etc. There are some from this bringing who pursue crime, just like any other group and like other groups those that too usually are lazy, always getting in trouble, poorly educated (non-college),criminal record, hang out with the wrong crowd, or the few who want to enter whats left of LCN.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/28/12 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

Those guys were exceptions, the majority of mobsters dont want their offspring to follow them into the mob. When Gotti Sr told Chin that Gotti Jr had just become a made man, Chin said "I am sorry to hear that" because the whole point of you being in the life in the first place is that you want to provide a comfortable lifestyle for your family so your kids will not need to enter that lifetyle. Same thing after Bill Cutolo Jr graduated from community college and he told his dad he wanted to enter the life, his dad dissapointed. The Chicago Outfit has a well-known rule that even Frank Calabrese Jr always mentions that you are not suppose to bring your kids into the life. Obcourse there are guys like Gotti Sr and Frank Locascio who's kids follow them into the life.I wouldnt look at the sons of mobsters who followed their dad into the lifestyle, a better judgement of that would be the hundreds of kids who didnt. Those you rarely hear about.

Most young Italians are brought up in a comfortable middle class background in general, the VAST majority of those Italians (I personally know a bunch) go on to become white collar professionals such as wall street brokers, lawyers, professor's, etc. There are some from this ypbrining who pursue crime, just like any other group and like other groups those that too usually are lazy, always getting in trouble, poorly educated (non-college),criminal record, or the few who want to enter LCN.

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/genovese-associate-andrew

The chins son ended up involved as well though.
Posted By: Skinny_Vinny

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/29/12 12:00 AM

Speaking of wannabe kids, last night I was watching WWE RAW from Nassau from 1998.

Someone in the second row had a huge sign reading, "Free The Ridgewood Boys". That's the Giannini Crew.

If anyone has WWE Classics On Demand you can still see the sign. It's in the very first seconds of the episode.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/29/12 12:12 AM

Those guys were exceptions, the majority of mobsters dont want their offspring to follow them into the mob. When Gotti Sr told Chin that Gotti Jr had just become a made man, Chin said "I am sorry to hear that" because the whole point of you being in the life in the first place is that you want to provide a comfortable lifestyle for your family so your kids will not need to enter that lifetyle. Same thing after Bill Cutolo Jr graduated from community college and he told his dad he wanted to enter the life, his dad dissapointed. The Chicago Outfit has a well-known rule that even Frank Calabrese Jr always mentions that you are not suppose to bring your kids into the life. Obcourse there are guys like Gotti Sr and Frank Locascio who's kids follow them into the life.I wouldnt look at the sons of mobsters who followed their dad into the lifestyle, a better judgement of that would be the hundreds of kids who didnt. Those you rarely hear about.

Most young Italians are brought up in a comfortable middle class background in general, the VAST majority of those Italians (I personally know a bunch) go on to become white collar professionals such as wall street brokers, lawyers, professor's, etc. There are some from this ypbrining who pursue crime, just like any other group and like other groups those that too usually are lazy, always getting in trouble, poorly educated (non-college),criminal record, or the few who want to enter LCN.

He wasnt made but was involved cause his dad used him to send messages and help run things on the outside, Chin has a bunch of other kids/relatives working on the ports/waterfront, Capeci reported on them recently, making tons of $$$, all legit as of now.

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/29/12 12:19 AM

He wasnt made but was involved cause his dad used him to send messages and help run things on the outside, Chin has a bunch of other kids/relatives working on the ports/waterfront, Capeci reported on them recently, making tons of $$$, all legit as of now.

He wasn't made but he still spent 2 years in prison for extortion .

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/29/12 01:27 AM

^^^as he should
Posted By: lic

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/10/13 07:36 PM

why would they want to be mobsters?? when theyve seen there uncles cousins end up dead or in prison?? LCN is not what it used to be far from it. and there mainstay is still gambling and loansharking... and to be honest most guys in there 20's and 30's dont really considering gambling or borrowing money, the way people used too. ive never gambled in my life.
Posted By: lic

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/10/13 07:37 PM

why would they want to be mobsters?? when theyve seen there uncles cousins end up dead or in prison?? LCN is not what it used to be far from it. and there mainstay is still gambling and loansharking... and to be honest most guys in there 20's and 30's dont really considering gambling or borrowing money, the way people used too. ive never gambled in my life.
Posted By: Skinny

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/10/13 07:57 PM

They are all wanna bes until they start making money.
Posted By: F_white

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/11/13 01:44 AM

Any kid that want this life is a dumbass.
Posted By: MobMan

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/11/13 04:14 AM

Victor "Little Vic" Orena son Andrew isn't in the life and his father and brothers reputation ruined his car business .
Posted By: bobbytran

Re: Mob Wannabe Kids - 08/11/13 04:47 AM

The only mob prince so to speak that made a name unto themselves would be Testa, anyone else that I may of forgotten?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET