Home

NYC circa 1977 - The Underworlds Ethnic State

Posted By: AmericanCrime

NYC circa 1977 - The Underworlds Ethnic State - 08/24/12 05:47 AM

SO, I'm writing this 1970s period piece. As for me it was one of the pinnacle times for orgcrime just on the eve of RICO.

So it got me thinking. What were the biggest races involved in organized crime at that time. We all know Prohibition was dominated by the Irish and the Italians. But what about the era of disco.

Obviously they were both still pretty big. I'm not really interested in minor ethnicities. But they don't have to have a organization of their own. Were albanians active yet? How about Russians since it was pre-Soviet downfall?
Posted By: Toodoped

Re: NYC circa 1977 - The Underworlds Ethnic State - 08/24/12 06:36 AM

I dont think that the albanians were active back than,not since the 90's,dont know about the russians thou,all i know the black population were pretty active back in the 70's and the hispanic population but not so much untill the 80's
Posted By: TheKillingJoke

Re: NYC circa 1977 - The Underworlds Ethnic State - 08/24/12 08:27 AM

The Russians were beginning to become active in NYC with Evsei Agron in the late 70's.
The Mafia and the Irish were very active in the 70's and the African-Americans and the Puerto Ricans also were already active back then. The Triads probably too in their communities.
I don't think the Albanians and the Dominicans established themselves before the 90's
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET