Home

Joey and Jimmy Ida

Posted By: SiciNy

Joey and Jimmy Ida - 07/29/12 01:21 AM

is joey ida still active and is his brother still a major guy in the genovese family? jimmys doing life but was, i think, the consigliere when he went away
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Joey and Jimmy Ida - 07/31/12 08:51 AM

Yeah, Jimmy was the consigliere when he was indicted back in 1996. The last known official consigliere of the family. I think I remember reading somewhere that Joey was a captain at some point. Don't know if he's still active at all.
Posted By: Ted

Re: Joey and Jimmy Ida - 07/31/12 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Yeah, Jimmy was the consigliere when he was indicted back in 1996. The last known official consigliere of the family. I think I remember reading somewhere that Joey was a captain at some point. Don't know if he's still active at all.

Lawrence Dentico and Dominick Cirillo came after him.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Joey and Jimmy Ida - 07/31/12 08:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Ted

Lawrence Dentico and Dominick Cirillo came after him.

If you're talking about who was official consigliere, I don't think so. I'm aware that Dentico was listed as the consigliere in the 2004 New Jersey OC report. But he was indicted as a captain the following year. So it appears he simply continued to be a captain who was on the family's ruling panel. And Cirillo being consigliere was never anything more than internet speculation.
Posted By: jace

Re: Joey and Jimmy Ida - 08/02/12 07:38 AM

I believe they were caught in a murder of a gangster in New Jersey, the brother of Jimmy Ida was found to have called his brother from pay phone near scene of murder. Jimmy ida went away for it, as part of his RICO conviction.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET