Home

Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer

Posted By: FaticoWestIslip

Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 05:50 PM

He was found guilty of racketeering and other charges but acquitted in the murder of the police officer
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 05:53 PM

Wow, so no life sentence? I bet the Gov was shocked
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 05:58 PM

It's better news for Saracino than it is for Gioeli. Gioeli is 59 years old and in very poor health. A twenty year sentence for racketeering will probably be equal to life for him. But Saracino is only 40 years old. He'll be close to an old man when he gets out, but it's better than doing life.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 06:00 PM

Good. Was that cop allegedly a dirty cop, what was he doing around wiseguys? Did he just get caught in the crossfire?
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Good. Was that cop allegedly a dirty cop, what was he doing around wiseguys? Did he just get caught in the crossfire?

from all indications he was just caught in the crossfire

who is that in your avatar?

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 06:04 PM

Thomas (Tommy Shots) Gioeli was found guilty in Brooklyn Federal Court of plotting two gangland murders from the early 1990s, and conspiring to kill members of a rival faction during the Colombo War.

But he and Dino (Little Dino) Saracino beat the rap on all the slayings they were charged with, including the hit on Colombo underboss William (Wild Bill) Cutolo in 1999.

Prosecutors had charged that Gioeli, 59, and Saracino, 40, were part of the team that conspired to pump seven bullets into off-duty NYPD cop Ralph Dols in August 1999.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/thom...1#ixzz1uOfewwKM

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 06:04 PM

Study before you post, Dicknose. The cop wasn't dirty, but he married the ex-wife of a mob captain (Joel Cacace), and for that he was murdered.

And keep in mind that she was Cacace's EX-WIFE. It's not like he was fooling around with a married woman.

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 06:06 PM

i think these guys might still get life? RICO conspiracy to commit murder...

any RICO legal experts want to weigh in?

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 06:07 PM

Pizzaboy put your glasses on, I was asking a question asshole

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Study before you post, Dicknose. The cop wasn't dirty, but he married the ex-wife of a mob captain (Joel Cacace), and for that he was murdered.

And keep in mind that she was Cacace's EX-WIFE. It's not like he was fooling around with a married woman.

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 06:10 PM

No, you posted that it was "Good" that Gioeli was acquitted for killing the cop without knowing what the cop did to deserve his fate. Now that you know, do you still feel that way?

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 06:15 PM

Yeah I'm glad he was acquitted. A cop is only as good as his informant(McNulty The Wire) and how do a lot of people feel about informants. I didn't watch that case as closely as you did, but I just think what the feds are bolshit.
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

No, you posted that it was "Good" that Gioeli was acquitted for killing the cop without knowing what the cop did to deserve his fate. Now that you know, do you still feel that way?

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 06:36 PM

Looks like Tommy can get anywhere from time served to 20 years. And Little Dino time served to 100 years

They were both cleared in connection to the infamous Aug. 25, 1997 slaying of NYPD officer Ralph Dols.
Gioeli and Saracino were convicted on lesser charges -- three murder conspiracies on “Tommy Shots” and a single murder conspiracy on “Little Dino.”
Gioeli was convicted of planning the slayings of mob rivals John Minerva on March 25, 1992, Frank “Chestnut” Marasa on June 12, 1991, and other unnamed crime figures in a bloody Colombo civil war. But he beat the rap on more serious charges that he gave the final order to have them rubbed out.
Saracino was convicted of conspiring to hit Michael Burnside, who was suspected of killing "Little Dino’s" brother. Saracino was also convicted on several other charges, including extortion, witness tampering and obstruction of justice.
Gioeli stands to get anything from time served to 20 years in prison, and Saracino time served to 100 years when they’re sentenced. There was no date set for sentencing as defense lawyers planned their appeals.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/reput...I#ixzz1uPxk5KUl
Posted By: SC

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 06:51 PM

Incredible how some people never learn. You come here and tell a tale of woe and Geoff, through the goodness of his heart agrees to let you back since you promised you'd behave.

You're back here one week and you're up to your old shit again. What do we do with you? You're not a man of your word; you don't care about the board rules and you're a trouble maker.

What do we do with you???

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 07:07 PM

I was joking with PB, for I've participated in a few discussions with him the past week. I wasn't try to be hostile with anyone, I apologize if it came off like that.
Posted By: J Geoff

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 08:13 PM

I was joking with PB, for I've participated in a few discussions with him the past week. I wasn't try to be hostile with anyone, I apologize if it came off like that.

Calling someone an asshole on the BB is hostile, so think about that for the next week while I think about what to do with you.
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 08:39 PM

He also celebrated the death of an honorable cop. He's got good info on shit in Philly, but there's others here from over there who post more informative shit
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 09:15 PM

Holy sh*t, this did not turn out as I thought it would. Any thoughts on why there's been an acquittal? Is it just because the jury didn't buy Dino Calabro's testimony?

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 09:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
Holy sh*t, this did not turn out as I thought it would. Any thoughts on why there's been an acquittal? Is it just because the jury didn't buy Dino Calabro's testimony?

pretty much, the prosecution rested on the testimony of all the cooperators including joey caves and big dino, the jury convicted them of rico murder conspiracy, three for tommy, one for little dino. there was no real physical evidence to tie the guys to the murders

i wonder how this verdict will fare for joel cacace's upcoming trial on the cop hit
Posted By: southphilly old head

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/09/12 11:23 PM

hey the bottom line is more and more jurys are not believing rats that have a long conviction past that the feds continuosly try to use to get convictions
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 05/19/12 12:24 PM

I think Dino Calabro being such a vile piece of shit helped Gioeli out the most. Calabro admitted to doing all types of sick shit like torturing animals, banging the wives/girl frinds of guys he killed, beating up his wife, etc. The FBI tactics were also disgusting, like using Calabros wife to steal stuff from Gioeli's house, she was also banging the lead FBI guy on the case. Say what you want about Gioeli, but his blog makes some excellent commentary on the state of affairs in the US today, especially the justice system and media. He needs to keep blogging.

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 02/19/13 01:46 AM

These are some good listens:

Tommy Gioeli's BOP Prison Number

http://chirb.it/zvhfID

Frankie Blue Eyes Too Corrupt For Team America

http://chirb.it/kC6MbE
Posted By: Vigil

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 02/19/13 05:40 AM

Originally Posted By: southphilly old head
hey the bottom line is more and more jurys are not believing rats that have a long conviction past that the feds continuosly try to use to get convictions

That's exactly right. People see through them. They are just trying to get a book deals or a B movie made about them. The government will keep losing cases as long as they keep basing their cases on rats.
Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 02/19/13 06:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Vigil

That's exactly right. People see through them. They are just trying to get a book deals or a B movie made about them. The government will keep losing cases as long as they keep basing their cases on rats.

I hope so... there's no excuse for sloppy police work
Posted By: Vigil

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 02/20/13 07:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Jimmy_Two_Times
Originally Posted By: Vigil

I hope so... there's no excuse for sloppy police work

Me too.
Posted By: pmac

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 03/19/13 06:39 AM

this post been going on forever but when does mike persico and theo , tommy shots and this bf guererra get there time they all beat the rico game its been like a year for some. tommy shots Michael and frank beat like 12 murders good lawyers or bad liars. I really wonder did the persico get free passes actually all of them?

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/04/13 05:06 PM

todays his sentencing day probably around 2pm. my guess 10yrs.
Posted By: tiger84

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/04/13 11:26 PM

I think he gets the 20 year look what happen to bf guerra
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/05/13 01:08 AM

Wow I'm shocked that the mob, moreover the Columbo's, would kill a cop because he married the ex wife of a made guy. Some people never learn.

I always felt that the (relatively) classy wiseguys were the ones who treated cops and FBI (yes, them) with respect, even when the Feds didn't return the favor.

What a strange world we live in where a ranking skipper in a New York family can blog freely about the justice department.
Posted By: Wilson101

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/05/13 02:39 AM

Frankmazola fuck that cop
Posted By: FrankMazola

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/05/13 02:52 AM

Fuck that even most wiseguys respect the local cops. Most may despise the Feds but the local cops? Hell, NYPD cops likely have more in common with Wiseguys than they do Feds. Not to mention whacking out cops is bad for business.
Posted By: Giancarlo

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/06/13 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: pmac
todays his sentencing day probably around 2pm. my guess 10yrs.

Any news on the sentencing? I can't find anything on it myself, was he definitely sentenced?

Besides being a blogger Gioeli is also on twitter. lol But no mention there if he was sentenced yesterday.

https://twitter.com/ThomasGioeli

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/22/13 09:06 PM

latest on tommy shots blog, allie boy and deross are innocent. wild bill framed joel waverly so he could get rid of him, then big dino killed wild bill cause the fbi wanted him and dino thought he would flip and put it on them,plausible. nothing in the press in the last couple days, you figure this would be in everyday news thing, killing a nypd. I don't know who to believe I think hung jury. next week if he beats and walkd out of jail in 6 yrs they'll kill him. fucking Colombo family, just always trying to out do the other families in the crazy department.

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/22/13 09:07 PM

I read tommy shots was surposed to be sentence nov 4 nope maybe he gets a break, time served. the blogfather.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/22/13 09:44 PM

wild bill framed joel waverly so he could get rid of him

Framed him for what?
Posted By: jmack

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/22/13 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
wild bill framed joel waverly so he could get rid of him

Framed him for what?

The murder of Ralph Dols.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/22/13 09:56 PM

Sounds interesting anyway, but it would be still weird if 2 underlings killed Cutolo without authorization from above.
Posted By: Dellacroce

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/26/13 11:59 PM

Joe Waverly found not guilty of ordering murder of NYPD cop
A high-ranking Colombo gangster has been acquitted of ordering the 1997 killing of an NYPD cop who had married his ex-wife.

The federal jury took only four hours to clear Joel "Joe Waverly" Cacace of murder in aid of racketeering in the killing of Police Officer Ralph Dols.

Cacace smiled, nodded his head and hugged defense lawyer David Stern. Then he touched his fingers to his lips and blew a kiss to family members in the court.

"The truth prevailed," Cacace's son Steve said outside court.

"It's the best day of my life!" added Cacace's sister Kathy Vandina.

Dols' mother and sister left Brooklyn Federal Court accompanied by somber FBI agents.

Last year, a different jury cleared Colombo gangster Thomas "Tommy Shots" Gioeli of carrying out Cacace's alleged lethal order, along with hit man Dino Saracino, who allegedly shot Dols in front of the cop's Sheepshead Bay building.

Cacace, 72, is serving a 20-year sentence for racketeering after admitting to carrying out an order to kill a federal prosecutor and is not due to be released from prison until 2020.

Federal prosecutors argued that Cacace felt disrespected because his ex-wife, Kim Kennaugh, had married a cop and had a baby with him.

Kennaugh, dubbed "The Black Widow" by detectives because her second husband, a Colombo killer, was also whacked, did not take the stand in last year's trial, but she had received a subpoena to testify in Cacace's trial, the Daily News has learned.

But Kim told the feds she would invoke her Fifth Amendment right to remain silent and not answer questions under oath.

“I lawyered up,” Kennaugh told The News. "I don't like the way I was treated (by law enforcement) the last 16 years."

Kennaugh said she refused to testify not because she had anything to hide but because she feared the feds did not believe her and might bring criminal charges against her for perjury.

"I was never threatened (by Cacace); he never threatened Ralph," she said. "I just can't say something that wasn't true.

"(Dols' death) was a shock to me as to everyone else," Kennaugh said. "I know the truth. Ralph knows the truth. God knows the truth."

The anonymous jury rejected the testimony of cooperating witnesses Dino Calabro and Joseph Competiello, who were part of the hit team that killed Dols.

They pleaded guilty to the cop killing and are hoping they will receive a reduced sentence in return for their cooperation.

Dols' mother attended every day of the three week trial.

“It’s very upsetting,” she said on her way out of the courthouse.

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/27/13 12:09 AM

The feds should be more careful when they cut deals with cop killers, the jury isnt likely to believe them. Only six more years for cacace, at 72, if he stays healthy he will be able to come out and be force within the colombo family again.
Posted By: SonnyBlackstein

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/27/13 12:38 AM

What is going on with the Feds and the Columbo's?
First Tommy shots n Little Dino, now this.
TWO hit men flip and testify and it's not enough to convict?
This surely has to lesson the stock of those flipping.
Alite, Big Dino, Joey Caves, Massino at Romanello's trial.. Maybe we've seen the end of gravy train outs for rats as they aren't bringing in guaranteed convictions like the days of Gravano or D'Arco.

Question is, will this strengthen or weaken the modern mob?
With Fed deals likely to lesson, there's no way out anymore on being offered a deal.
But conversely you're less likely to have a rat testify at your trial and put you away...
Could be good for the mob, or bad.

Devils usually in the details. Now, probably not in the witness box anymore...
Posted By: JoeTheBoss

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/27/13 12:53 AM

Just read this. Pretty big news. I wonder.. if he manages to survive the rest of his sentence what role he would have back with the Colombos if any. Thoughts?

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/27/13 12:54 AM

And regards Joe Waverley becoming 'a force in the Columbo's when he's released'?
He'll be 78 and after 20 odd years at that age in the can, and this Hail Mary, will be wanting nothing more than to live out his last few years with his vegan diet, a haircut and buying his grand kids baseball glove for Christmas.
Not running a crew.
Guaranteed.

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/27/13 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: SonnyBlackstein
And regards Joe Waverley becoming 'a force in the Columbo's when he's released'?
He'll be 78 and after 20 odd years at that age in the can, and this Hail Mary, will be wanting nothing more than to live out his last few years with his vegan diet, a haircut and buying his grand kids baseball glove for Christmas.
Not running a crew.
Guaranteed.

really guaranteed, didnt realize you were in a position to guarantee things wink. who knows what the colombo family leadership will look like in 6 years, when he gets out and the persicos need someone in a leadership position on the street, whos to say it wont be him who steps up.

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/27/13 01:25 AM

I'll rephrase.

What would you do?

You see what I'm getting at. These guys aren't pawns on the chessboard. Sure, there's a chance he'll play ball, but if you were a betting man and this guys dodged a silver bullet.... You can see where I'm going.

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/27/13 01:38 AM

I'll rephrase.

What would you do?

You see what I'm getting at. These guys aren't pawns on the chessboard. Sure, there's a chance he'll play ball, but if you were a betting man and this guys dodged a silver bullet.... You can see where I'm going.

i see what your saying sonny, i really do. but wer talking about a guy who orders the death of a prosecutor and a cop like you and me order breakfast, you cant expect someone like that to do the rationale thing. that being said, im not big into making predictions and speculating, time will tell.
Posted By: JoeTheBoss

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/27/13 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
I'll rephrase.

What would you do?

i see what your saying sonny, i really do. but wer talking about a guy who orders the death of a prosecutor and a cop like you and me order breakfast, you cant expect someone like that to do the rationale thing. that being said, im not big into making predictions and speculating, time will tell.

Not to mention after ordering the murder of the prosecutor he ordered the murder of the murderers and the murder of those murderers.
Posted By: bigboy

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/27/13 01:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
I'll rephrase.

What would you do?

Well, prison can take a huge toll on a man particularly an old man like Cacace so there is a Big chance he won't make it that long.

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 11/27/13 02:00 PM

He must know that the Feds will be GUNNING for him after getting off a cop kill conviction.

He jay walks when he gets out he'll be back doing another 20.

But, as Dellacroce says, no point speculating, especially with these guys. Time will tell.

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 12/16/13 09:10 PM

Alleged Mob Boss Tommy Gioeli's Voice
Sunday, December 15, 2013

Congratulations

In today's post I would like to congratulate my friend and onetime codefendant Joel Cacace on his justified victory over a petty, deceitful, and corrupt prosecution team led by my old nemesis, the new head of the Organized Crime Dept. for the Eastern District of New York, Elizabeth "Lizzy the Liar" Geddes.

While her main flunky AUSA James "Tommy Pickles" Gatta tried to deceive the jury into believing that Joel was guilty as charged, Lizzy the Liar was orchestrating and recycling Dino "Hemorrhoids" Calabro's perjured testimony. She was trying to somehow make it more credible the second time around. Maybe she thought that the second jury was stupider than the first; but neither jury was stupid. Both juries were too sophisticated for Lizzy and her collection of lies. All the while these children of Satan know that myself, Dino Saracino, and Joel Cacace are innocent. Every piece of their evedience screamed for our acquittal. Joel's expert defense team of lead counsel Susan "Kosher" Kellman and learned counsel David "the Scholar" Stern swiftly and thoroughly devastated the prosecution's flimsy case.

Not since Johnnie Cochran and Barry Scheck has there been such a dominant duo in the courtroom. Susan "Kosher" Kellman is so savvy in the atmosphere of the courthouse that she let those fools beat themselves with their own evidence. That's right, the defense team knew enough not to mount a defense. Instead they had the brilliance to let the prosecution eat itself while they sat back and enjoyed their victory. Of course the fact that Joel was 100% innocent made a victory that much easier to achieve. I applaud Susan "Kosher" Kellman, David "the Scholar" Stern, the Jury and justice for exposing the truth in such a corrupt system as our federal justice System.

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 02/04/14 10:27 PM

just looked at his twitter his daughters state that his sentencing is next Thursday feb 13. he could get up to 20yrs. my guess im going with 12 yrs. I think the judge will actualy goe against the d.a. this time. that guy tico beat a murder got 9yrs bf Guerra got 14 the guy fusco from springfield beat 2 got hammerd 25yrs, lot of mob guy beating murders in nyc lately. im forgetting like 2 0r 3 others Michael coppola got like 15 yrs but beat the murder. guy the beta the jimmy or frank hydell murder. I think vicent asoro got a chance.

Re: Tommy shots acquitted of murder of nypd officer - 03/19/14 05:57 PM

today march 19 is his sentencing day wonder what he gets.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET