Home

Another Montreal murder...

Posted By: Sonny_Black

Another Montreal murder... - 03/14/12 03:42 PM

The saga continues...

A man who could have links with drug trafficking and organized crime Italian was murdered in the street in Ahuntsic, late night Tuesday.

To 23h, Salvatore Silletta, 49, stood on the sidewalk of the Rue de l'Esplanade, near his home, between the street and Crémazie Beauharnois.

A gunman, masked according to witnesses, was on the sidewalk across the street. He reportedly fired more than once on the victim.

Injured, it took refuge on the balcony of a nearby building. Silletta was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead later.

The killer, he would have fled on foot.

Silletta has a number of criminal record, especially in terms of theft, receiving stolen goods, assault and carrying a weapon. But it all goes back to before 2001, his record is blank since. He was never sentenced to heavy prison sentence. According to the Montreal Police Department, it may be related to the world of drug trafficking.

It is unclear however why he was killed, and if it can be linked to numerous attacks that are part of the power struggle being waged by clans wanting to take over abandoned by the Rizzuto family in recent years.

This is the sixth murder to occur in the Montreal area in 2012. The Major Crimes Section of the Montreal police conducting the investigation.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/actualites/que...-a-montreal.php
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/14/12 04:05 PM

And in the meantime, Vito is seven months from being a free man.
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/14/12 04:14 PM

He's likely to be indicted again though I think by Italian authorities.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/14/12 04:22 PM

I don't think he's going to be extradited to Italy. I do think a lot of people want him dead. But then again, he probably also wants a lot of people gone. And maybe, someday we will know the whole story.
Posted By: Mooney

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/14/12 04:22 PM

It's interesting to think about though, If he didn't have this Italian Bridge scam hanging over his head you would almost think the ground is being paved for his chance to where the crown again. His chances are much better if he comes back to a scorched earth landscape as apposed to a vibrant, working order with little police presence. It appears each side is still fighting, it seems as though there are slim chances a top echelon will be installed by the time he gets out, if he has any major players still on his side, some money and a plan he could certainly pull it off...at least more so than i thought he could a year and a half ago. The question is does he want it?

Obviously this is all moot point with the Bride Scam but fun to ponder despite...

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/14/12 04:36 PM

I think he does want revenge for his father and his son, and I agree he absolutely has the means to do so. He just needs tot stay alive long enough to make it all happen.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/14/12 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
I think he does want revenge for his father and his son, and I agree he absolutely has the means to do so. He just needs tot stay alive long enough to make it all happen.

Same opinion here,it won't be easy to kill him,and whats ur opinion about who is taking over ?
Posted By: sittite

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/14/12 11:14 PM

"if history has taught us anything it's that anyone can be killed."
Posted By: MrMorbid

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 12:27 AM

Needless to say things are gonna get extremely interesting once Vito gets out.
Posted By: Dwalin2011

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 12:37 AM

But they have already killed Montagna. Whom want they take revenge on now? Or wasn't Montagna the the only one who ordered the murders of the Rizzutos?

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 03:12 AM

I don't know exactly who is taking over or what is going on, but Montagna was not the mastermind behind the killings of the Rizzuto's. He may have played his part, but something much bigger is in play here. Maybe some day we will know the whole truth, but that would take some guy to rat and give the whole story, and I'm not sure that's going to happen over there.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 03:22 AM

I don't know exactly who is taking over or what is going on, but Montagna was not the mastermind behind the killings of the Rizzuto's. He may have played his part, but something much bigger is in play here.

Why do you think Montagna wasn't the main man? Theoretically, the hypothesis of a young crazy ambitious scumbag who thought he was able to take over by killing the older ones seemed to make sense.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 03:25 AM

makes me wonder where the bonnanos are in all of this. yeah, things arent as close as they once were but i find it hard to believe that they have zero stake on what happens in montreal.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 03:34 AM

In my opinion, Montagna just didn't have the muscle or the brains to pull this off on his own. The Rizzuto's where very powerful until Vito went away and things seemed to crumble. I would look more towards a power struggle between Sicilians and Calabrians, with some Violi venom in the mix.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 03:39 AM

In my opinion, Montagna just didn't have the muscle or the brains to pull this off on his own. The Rizzuto's where very powerful until Vito went away and things seemed to crumble. I would look more towards a power struggle between Sicilians and Calabrians, with some Violi venom in the mix.
good points. as an outsider looking in it seems as if the calabrians have more outside help and seem to be more organized at the moment, although things can change.
Posted By: Skinny_Vinny

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 04:03 AM

Just a reminder, based on this thread, "The Sixth Family" is a great book.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Skinny_Vinny
Just a reminder, based on this thread, "The Sixth Family" is a great book.

would be even better if they updated it to reflect recent happenings in the area...

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 05:31 PM

This isn't about Sicilians and Calabrians anymore. And it actually never was. It's about business and Montanga did have the brains and muscle to pull this off. Afterall, becoming acing boss at 35 of a New York crime family says enough, unless Jerry Capeci had it all wrong. It's obvious that Montagna wasn't acting on his own and he needed support. But he definitely had the sway to pull it off. If you have read Mafia Inc. you know would know what I mean. If you have only seen a documentary about the Rizzutos and Paolo Violi it's easy to assume the "Calabrians" are stricking back.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

This isn't about Sicilians and Calabrians anymore. And it actually never was. It's about business and Montanga did have the brains and muscle to pull this off. Afterall, becoming acing boss at 35 of a New York crime family says enough, unless Jerry Capeci had it all wrong. It's obvious that Montagna wasn't acting on his own and he needed support. But he definitely had the sway to pull it off. If you have read Mafia Inc. you know would know what I mean. If you have only seen a documentary about the Rizzutos and Paolo Violi it's easy to assume the "Calabrians" are stricking back.

Actually, I did a little more research on the Rizzuto´s than just watch some documentary. And no, I do not think Montagna was some kind of criminal mastermind who pulled all this off. He became acting boss at 35 because he was close to Basciano.

Thomas Bilotti was no genius, yet he was underboss of the Gambinos when he died.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 06:08 PM

Actually, I did a little more research on the Rizzuto´s than just watch some documentary. And no, I do not think Montagna was some kind of criminal mastermind who pulled all this off. He became acting boss at 35 because he was close to Basciano.

There are conflicting stories about this. Jerry Capeci states that he was elected to become boss and that nobody took orders from Basciano one's he was in jail. In any case, it seems that there wasn't much resistance to Montagna becoming boss at 35. And when he was deported to Canada, he did have this title in his pocket, whether it was because of Basciano or because he was elected. The Rizzutos were severely weakened at this stage; many of their men were in jail and they were pretty much leading in name only. You didn't need to be a criminal mastermind to pull this off; just somebody with ambitions and connections and Montagna was this somebody. André Noël, André Cedilot, Lee Lamothe and others all think Montagna played an important role in recent events. And there is enough evidence to support this theory.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 06:20 PM

Guess we have to agree to disagree Sonny.

I think Montagna really wasn´t the big player in Montreal after his deportation from NY that a lot off people seem to think he was. He was a pawn, not the big genius. And I do think Calabrians have a lot to do with this whole mess.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 06:55 PM

I think Montagna really wasn´t the big player in Montreal after his deportation from NY that a lot off people seem to think he was. He was a pawn, not the big genius. And I do think Calabrians have a lot to do with this whole mess.

But you forget to provide solid arguments as to why you think he was a pawn and there being some criminal mastermind who pulls the strings and is behind this. I have no trouble with agreeing to disagree with someone who provide good arguments instead of assumptions without having anything substantial to add.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 09:37 PM

either way montagnas dead so whatever he was trying to do didnt work for him in the end.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese
either way montagnas dead so whatever he was trying to do didnt work for him in the end.

That pretty much sums it up. He became too arrogant and power hungry and probably decided that he didn't want to share power with established criminals like Desjardins and co. During the latest CBC special I believe André Noël says that he was extorting ten million protection money from Montreal businessmen. In September last year a big mob meeting went not according to plan and shortly after Desjardins was seen making trips to Buffalo and New York City. One week later he survived an attempt on his life and he went into hiding. It's thought that about this time he and his companions began planning to get rid of Montagna.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 11:24 PM

Im not a montreal mob expert and im not that familiar with its history but my theory is that the rizutto clan just got weak and wasnt able to provide the same protection they used to to the footsoldiers and associates. So a bunch of influential guys get together and decide that they need a new rejuvinated leadership, not one thats slowly dieing. They get montagna involved because he has links to ny which cant hurt and also because he got a good racket, they probably also reached out to some calabrians as well. Only thing is after its done montagna decides like sonny said that he wants to be the boss or the authority of the group and ends up dead.

However i think that the whole haitians, street gangs, and firebombing of the cafe was a sort of separate drug trafficking dispute all together. Im sort of tempted to throw in the assassinatin of rizutto jr in that category aswell. This might have given the dissident faction within the clan a clear signal that now was the right time to move in and start taking people out themselves.
Posted By: Mooney

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/15/12 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: Scorsese

Im sort of tempted to throw in the assassinatin of rizutto jr in that category aswell. This might have given the dissident faction within the clan a clear signal that now was the right time to move in and start taking people out themselves.

I like this theory as well, I can't remember where i read it, it might have been Mafia Inc where they stated that very scenario. Rizzuto Jr. being killed because of a separate dispute, having nothing to do with current war.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Mooney
I like this theory as well, I can't remember where i read it, it might have been Mafia Inc where they stated that very scenario. Rizzuto Jr. being killed because of a separate dispute, having nothing to do with current war.

In Mafia Inc. it is stated that law enforcement is linking the murder of Nick Jr. to the murder of Frederico Del Peschio and that it hasn't anything to do with the other murders. Other mafiosi were probably eager to see how the Rizzutos would respond. That response came a few months later when Joseph Ducarme was nearly killed. I think this could have been the last act of the Rizzuto family.
Posted By: eurodave

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 03:35 AM

But you forget to provide solid arguments as to why you think he was a pawn and there being some criminal mastermind who pulls the strings and is behind this. I have no trouble with agreeing to disagree with someone who provide good arguments instead of assumptions without having anything substantial to add.

Sorry Sonny, but there's tons of evidence proving that the Calabrian elements in Quebec and Ontario were involved at some level in this mafia war. Montagna's numerous trips to Ontario, Piccirilli and his Toronto godfather, the Violi connection, the Calabrian faction in Montreal and other situations. Montagna was a huge factor, but got eliminated for a reason as he was gunning for top spot, with resistance from the Desjardins-Di Maul-Mirarchi group.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 04:18 AM

Originally Posted By: eurodave
Sorry Sonny, but there's tons of evidence proving that the Calabrian elements in Quebec and Ontario were involved at some level in this mafia war. Montagna's numerous trips to Ontario, Piccirilli and his Toronto godfather, the Violi connection, the Calabrian faction in Montreal and other situations. Montagna was a huge factor, but got eliminated for a reason as he was gunning for top spot, with resistance from the Desjardins-Di Maul-Mirarchi group.

I never said that this was not the case. I'm actually one who believes Calabrian elements from Ontario were involved. This is a discussion about Montagna's involvement and not about whether or not Calabrians from Ontario were involved, which I believed from the start. But I don't believe a grudge between the Sicilians and Calabrians have anything to do with it. In Canada, Sicilians and Calabrians have worked with and along each other since at least the 1950s. The first one that was killed by the Rizzutos during their conflict with Paolo Violi was his right-hand man Pietro Sciara, a Sicilian from Cattolica Eraclea, the hometown of the Rizzutos.

I was only asking Chopper to explain why he thinks Montagna was just a pawn. I'm sure that if you have come to such a conclusion you can bring some good arguments. That's all.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 04:35 AM

I never said that this was not the case. I'm actually one who believes Calabrian elements from Ontario were involved. This is a discussion about Montagna's involvement and not about whether or not Calabrians from Ontario were involved, which I believed from the start. But I don't believe a grudge between the Sicilians and Calabrians have anything to do with it. In Canada, Sicilians and Calabrians have worked with and along each other since at least the 1950s. The first one that was killed by the Rizzutos during their conflict with Paolo Violi was his right-hand man Pietro Sciara, a Sicilian from Cattolica Eraclea, the hometown of the Rizzutos.

I was only asking Chopper to explain why he thinks Montagna was just a pawn. I'm sure that if you have come to such a conclusion you can bring some good arguments. That's all.

The Violi element and revenge is way overlooked during this whole thing. As I've explained on the real deal, the turmoil and war is really divided in multiple parts but the elimination of the biggest fish was a coalition of sorts between Montagna, NYC, Ontario, Montreal mafiosi and Sicilians.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 05:06 AM

As I've explained on the real deal, the turmoil and war is really divided in multiple parts but the elimination of the biggest fish was a coalition of sorts between Montagna, NYC, Ontario, Montreal mafiosi and Sicilians.

I also think it was a coalition that brought down the Rizzutos, and Montagna played a key role in this. Him paying a visit to old Nick Rizzuto before he was killed is the most intriguing.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 08:34 AM

werent the two men that tried to kill joseph ducarme black aswell,possibly jamaican.
Posted By: Mussolini14

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 11:28 AM

I don't know exactly who is taking over or what is going on, but Montagna was not the mastermind behind the killings of the Rizzuto's. He may have played his part, but something much bigger is in play here. Maybe some day we will know the whole truth, but that would take some guy to rat and give the whole story, and I'm not sure that's going to happen over there.

I disagree and the evidence disagrees. Read Mafia Inc and you may have a different opinion also.
Montanga meeting with Nick Sr and telling him to step down and then senior ending up after refusing is no coincidence either.

BTW Billotti was underboss for a week. Montanga was Boss for 5 years so you comparing the two is seriously flawed.
2 months after Montangna is deported to Montreal the bodies start to fall. It isn't a coincidence.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 12:25 PM

Give me facts and I will look at them. There's no proof and at the moment, it's a big guessing game. Like I said earlier in this thread, Calabrians are behind this. That's my two cents. Montagna was used an payed for it with his live. He couldn't organize his own garage.

Being a former acting boss for the Bonannos doesn't mean jack shit in Montreal. The Bonannos have enough problems to take care off in NY, let alone organize some power grab in Canada.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 12:35 PM

Give me facts and I will look at them. There's no proof and at the moment, it's a big guessing game. Like I said earlier in this thread, Calabrians are behind this. That's my two cents. Montagna was used an payed for it with his live. He couldn't organize his own garage.

Being a former acting boss for the Bonannos doesn't mean jack shit in Montreal. The Bonannos have enough problems to take care off in NY, let alone organize some power grab in Canada.

Agreed! It's what I've been saying for what seems like a lifetime. For the record, I am all talked out about this bullshit. But I just wanted to say I agree with you, especially about Montagna. Poor dead bastard.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 02:28 PM

Give me facts and I will look at them. There's no proof and at the moment, it's a big guessing game. Like I said earlier in this thread, Calabrians are behind this.

You contradict yourself in this sentence. It's your turn to provide us with your first argument as to why you think Montagna was a pawn and why you think Calabrians are behind this. So far you haven't provided us with anything. Read some books and follow the news for a while to get a better understanding on things. On these boards everybody has an opinion, but very few are actually able to elaborate on it because their knowlegde is limited.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 02:32 PM

Aah she's beautiful and smart wink ! Good to know Carmela.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 02:51 PM

Give me facts and I will look at them. There's no proof and at the moment, it's a big guessing game. Like I said earlier in this thread, Calabrians are behind this.

You contradict yourself in this sentence. It's your turn to provide us with your first argument as to why you think Montagna was a pawn and why you think Calabrians are behind this. So far you haven't provided us with anything. Read some books and follow the news for a while before stating how things happened. On these boards everybody has an opinion, but very few are actually able to elaborate on it because their knowlegde is limited.

Don't know why you are such a condescending prick about this Sonny, but I'm here to enjoy myself, not to get into a pissing contest with some dude I don't even know.

And for the record, I'm giving my two cents. Never said I have cold hard facts. Nobody on the internet does on this matter btw. Just think Montagna was a very small fish in a big pond.

Don't just assume I don't read books or follow the news, though. You're way off on that one.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 03:02 PM

Don't know why you are such a condescending prick about this Sonny, but I'm here to enjoy myself, not to get into a pissing contest with some dude I don't even know.

Nobody knows each other on an internet forum, Sherlock. We're not only here to have a good time, but also to discuss and not just stating an opinion without being able to explain it any further.

Quote:
And for the record, I'm giving my two cents. Never said I have cold hard facts. Nobody on the internet does on this matter btw. Just think Montagna was a very small fish in a big pond.

Ignorance is bliss.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 03:09 PM

You just enjoy you're wet dreams about Sal Montagna, criminal overlord of the world Sonny.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 03:16 PM

I prefer to enjoy my wet dreams about Carmela, but that's a different story.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 03:34 PM

He was definitely involved in what was going on, but as you point out he wasn't alone and far from it. He didn't have the pull or sway in Montreal to save his own life, going up against much bigger fish.

I guess were debating about the extent as to which Montagna was involved in the Rizzuto war, but it's clear the cracks in the organization starting appearing way before he arrived in 2009.

Just think of names like Bartolo, D'Amico, Piccirilli and you get an idea that many people were behind the fall.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 03:45 PM

He didn't have the pull or sway in Montreal to save his own life, going up against much bigger fish

Exactly.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 03:54 PM

Well, I won't take anything away from Sonny's extensive knowledge on this subject, but he and I don't always see eye to eye. He's right, though, that the Sicilians and Calabrians worked together in the past. Of course they did. But, for me, I am saying it is a Calabrian Godfather in charge up there now. I believe there are Sicilians that are collaborating once again with the Calabrians, but ultimately Calabrians are in control. I had put out the name of Cotroni as Godfather, people say I'm way off..maybe i am. Maybe I'm not. wink

I don't have much book knowledge to back this up ( if it's not in Cosmo I'm probably not reading it), and Sonny knows this. I don't put it out there as 100% truth, though, but it is my strong belief and theory as to what's what.
I've said so much more in the past..on and on and on..but everytime somebody spits out the question, "So what do you guys think is going on up there" in yet another thread, it begins all over again and frankly it gets tiring for me to keep rehashing the same words.

As far as Montagna, he maybe was not a pawn, but he's no mastermind. Well, as of now, he's no nothing.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 04:03 PM

He was definitely involved in what was going on, but as you point out he wasn't alone and far from it. He didn't have the pull or sway in Montreal to save his own life, going up against much bigger fish.

And who would this bigger fish might be? I know you're thinking of Joe Di Maulo, but his involvement is less evident than that of Montagna. This was a war between Desjardins and Montagna. The rest is speculation. And there's a difference between being involved and being a pawn and that is what this discussion was all about. Calling Montagna a pawn is plain igorance. And just for the record: I don't favor the guy at all and couldn't care less he's gone. I'm only following the tracks.
Posted By: short841

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 04:10 PM

I be been reading this thread and still don't know what sonny and chopper believe what's happening in canada. But Mafia INC did suggest that it was the calabrians behind the war but I might be saying this a bit late :s

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 04:10 PM

I be been reading this thread and still don't know what sonny and chopper believe what's happening in canada. But Mafia INC did suggest that it was the calabrians behind the war but I might be saying this a bit late :s
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 04:24 PM

Guys we don't need to argue and endlessly speculate, the truth will out eventually. Maybe we got to wait a few years but eventually we will know.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
Guys we don't need to argue and endlessly speculate, the truth will out eventually. Maybe we got to wait a few years but eventually we will know.

Far as can tell, nobody's arguing. And aren't all you guys here to endlessly speculate and keep talking about old news and such? Excuse me, but who are you to say people don't need to endlessly speculate if that's what people want to do? If not for endless speculation, may as well shut down the entire OC section of this board.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 04:42 PM

And who would this bigger fish might be? I know you're thinking of Joe Di Maulo, but his involvement is less evident than that of Montagna. This was a war between Desjardins and Montagna. The rest is speculation. And there's a difference between being involved and being a pawn and that is what this discussion was all about. Calling Montagna a pawn is plain igorance. And just for the record: I don't favor the guy at all and couldn't care less he's gone. I'm only following the tracks.

The rest of the Montreal mafia and Ontario elements lol....Being a mafioso from NYC doesn't mean he can just come here and dictate as he pleased. As you've surely read the articles, he wasn't very well liked within the community.

Sorry Sunny, but some of us Canadian posters might have a better clue.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: short841
I be been reading this thread and still don't know what sonny and chopper believe what's happening in canada.

lol

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 05:16 PM

Playing the geography card is the easiest way to do if you have been brought into a position when you don't have answers. Being from Calabria and supposedly living in Montreal, it's clear you have an agenda. Canadians favor their own mobsters just as Americans do. Being a simple paisan from the Netherlands, I'll look at it without colored glasses.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 05:21 PM

Playing the geography card is the easiest way to do if you have been brought into a position when you don't have answers. Being from Calabria and supposedly living in Montreal, it's clear you have an agenda. Canadians favor their own mobsters just as Americans do. Being a simple paisan from the Netherlands, I'll look at it without colored glasses.

No bias needed......but I highly doubt some dude from Holland can name me where mafiosi from Montreal hangout and where they recruit.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 05:30 PM

No bias needed......but I highly doubt some dude from Holland can name me where mafiosi from Montreal hangout and where they recruit.

You don't need to live in Montreal to find this out.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 05:42 PM

Sonnys right here

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 05:46 PM

You don't need to live in Montreal to find this out.

Reading Mafia Inc. is one thing.......having friends and people within the community associated to organized crime reveals an entirely different dimension.

I can read all day about NYC, but it still wouldn't give me the same knowledge had I grown up in Bensonhurst or Long Island.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 05:48 PM

montagna probably got in touch with new york to say "im gonna do this thing with some guys up here that are looking to take over, it would put us in a good position if im in on it and things go well". Their response probably was "do what you want but if it fucks up your on your own".

I think that the driving forces behind this were montreal gangsters, some that were in the rizutto organisation and also some outsiders like montagna.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 05:55 PM

Reading Mafia Inc. is one thing.......having friends and people within the community associated to organized crime reveals an entirely different dimension.

I can read all day about NYC, but it still wouldn't give me the same knowledge had I grown up in Bensonhurst or Long Island.

So what is it that you know that I don't? Please tell me. That is why we are here, no?
Posted By: maverick

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/16/12 11:58 PM

i'm from montreal, i'm not connected or anyting but i know the players etc, montagna wasnt a big deal here. everyone who thinks that jut because he was a made man in bonanno family and acting boss etc. that he could just show up here and take over is clueless. mafia guys here didnt give a shit about is story

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 12:23 AM

Originally Posted By: maverick
i'm from montreal, i'm not connected or anyting but i know the players etc, montagna wasnt a big deal here. everyone who thinks that jut because he was a made man in bonanno family and acting boss etc. that he could just show up here and take over is clueless. mafia guys here didnt give a shit about is story

But nobody here says he did take over. He just tried to and ended up dead as a result. At least, that's how I imagine it, even though I am not an expert.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 12:52 AM

I guess were debating about the extent as to which Montagna was involved in the Rizzuto war, but it's clear the cracks in the organization starting appearing way before he arrived in 2009.

Just think of names like Bartolo, D'Amico, Piccirilli and you get an idea that many people were behind the fall.

Come on Eurodave, no one in Montreal is a "bigger fish" in OC than Montanga lol. The fact is if Desjardin was extremely lucky he would be worm food right now and Montanga would be running the show.

And Chopper is completely ignorant posturing like the Bonannos and Montreal was a 2009 idea. Like Sonny said the Bonannos have had strong ties to Monteal since Vic Cotroni was running the show in the 1950s. Furthermore, LE has been spewing the BS about the problems the mafia is facing since the 1980's and you sound like a prosecutor getting ready to try the Bonanno administration with your claims "of the serious problems the Bonannos are facing". LCN is specifically designed to continue on no matter who is facing trial or in jail and I think it is safe to say you have never studied business or economics because anyone, even those of limited intelligence can clearly see how being the boss of one of the most prolific drug trafficking orgs in the world for 60+ years certainly does 'mean jack shit" in any city, and even more so in a port city like Montreal.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 01:01 AM

[b][/b]

OK, lets all tune in to see who an "unconnected guy" says are the big deal in Montreal. Surely a guy with this type of Background would be an authority figure.

You must role with some big time criminals man, because where i live, someone who had the clout where they could meet with the acting head of the Montreal mob (Rizzuto Sr) and tell them to step down ( Montanga) is certainly a big deal.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Mussolini14

Come on Eurodave, no one in Montreal is a "bigger fish" in OC than Montanga lol. The fact is if Desjardin was extremely lucky he would be worm food right now and Montanga would be running the show.

And Chopper is completely ignorant posturing like the Bonannos and Montreal was a 2009 idea. Like Sonny said the Bonannos have had strong ties to Monteal since Vic Cotroni was running the show in the 1950s. Furthermore, LE has been spewing the BS about the problems the mafia is facing since the 1980's and you sound like a prosecutor getting ready to try the Bonanno administration with your claims "of the serious problems the Bonannos are facing". LCN is specifically designed to continue on no matter who is facing trial or in jail and I think it is safe to say you have never studied business or economics because anyone, even those of limited intelligence can clearly see how being the boss of one of the most prolific drug trafficking orgs in the world for 60+ years certainly does 'mean jack shit" in any city, and even more so in a port city like Montreal.

Actually, a lot of guys in Montreal are bigger fish than Montagna ever was. Plus, it ain't the 1950's no more, and the Bonannos don't mean nothing over there. The Bonannos have enough problems keeping their shit off Mob Wives, let alone organizing a coup in Montreal.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 02:13 AM

Actually, a lot of guys in Montreal are bigger fish than Montagna ever was. Plus, it ain't the 1950's no more, and the Bonannos don't mean nothing over there. The Bonannos have enough problems keeping their shit off Mob Wives, let alone organizing a coup in Montreal.

LOL, it's not a coup when you are already the acting power and have been since the 1950's. I know it is hard for you to grasp that Montreal was a Bonnano outpost in 1950, and was still a Bonanno outpost in 2008 before MOntanga was deported and is still a Bonnano outpost now in 2012. Which year since 1950 did the Bonannos lose control of Montreal? Please explain to us how an acting power stages a coup on itself?

While you are at it name when person who was a bigger fish than MOntanga? LOL Desjardin? please.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 02:21 AM

If you really believe the Rizzutos where still answering to the Bonannos in 2008, you really are living in a fantasy world. You probably think the Commission is still meeting every other weekend too?

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 03:05 AM

montagna was a big deal in ny, but not in montreal thats all im saying. the only allies he really had in city were arcuri, lopresit and tony suzuki. look where they all are now. he didnt hold the the clouth that people think up here, just because he was a new york bonanno, sorry to burst your bubble.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 04:04 PM

I didn't know until this day that you were -- trolling all along...

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 05:03 PM

I didn't know until this day that you were -- trolling all along...

Aaah, love u too Sonny!

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 05:21 PM

It's so nice to see 2 boys from the Netherlands working things out in a civil manner. Must be all the weed, tulips, and windmills...puts people in a happy place.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 05:29 PM

Heineken helps too!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: carmela
Must be all the weed, tulips, and windmills...puts people in a happy place.

The Red Light District would put Hitler in a fun loving mood.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

You're not kidding. I was there one time years ago, best place on earth. lol
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

You're not kidding. I was there one time years ago, best place on earth. lol

Did you pick up a few extra bucks while you were there? whistle

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 05:43 PM

If you really believe the Rizzutos where still answering to the Bonannos in 2008, you really are living in a fantasy world. You probably think the Commission is still meeting every other weekend too?

Actually if you read a book you would know that the only person to ever say they stopped paying tribute after the Sciascia hit was Vitale who was not privy to any sensitive issue, and Massino and the captains went to great lengths to keep him out of the loop.

If you think guys as greedy as mafia members would walk away from a cash crop like Montreal, that is rightfully theirs you are the one living in a fantasy world.

Still waiting to hear who this bigger fish than Montanga are. I didn't realize Desjardins was the Boss of a 100+ faction of professional criminals with 500-1000 associates. I know you live in Holland but you should know Montreal is less than 6 hours away from Montreal, not on the other side of the world like you seem to think. Read a book and you might understand that even with 911 it is still easy to coordinate cross border operations. Cross border marijuana operations are at an all time high in western Canada, in particular BC but you don't think the NY mafia is capable of such a thing eh? After all Montreal is a whole 6 hours away. Do some research on MOntanga while your at it and you will understand he was a very savvy business man, far from a pawn and highly respected by all, not just Vinny Pills. But after your comparison to him and that schlub Bilotti it is very apparent you are just trolling.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 05:44 PM

grin No, pizzaboy. It was April, and was the most amazing place I've ever seen. Even better than Vegas. lol I went with a couple girlfriends, was 22, just started court reporting, no husband, no kids... and it was awesome! We even took some kind of weed tour. lol

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 05:50 PM

Good to hear you enjoyed our town Carmela. It is a beautiful city, and yeah, no problem having fun here. You didn't take too much space cake, right whistle ?

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 05:55 PM

It's indeed ironic that this whole discussion started between two Dutch guys. Copper I don't have anything against you and it's nice to see a fellow Dutchman at an American organized crime website.

Still think your opinion about Montagna is off base though. wink

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 05:57 PM

money stopped going to nyc. its a fact. during project colisee the RCMP had camera's in the rizzuto headquarters for a long time. police knew how much money was coming, from where, from who etc. everything you needed to know about how the montreal family worked.
not ONE mentions of payments to new york.. fact is after george sciascia was whacked new york had no hadn in montreal what so ever.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 05:58 PM

grin No, pizzaboy. It was April, and was the most amazing place I've ever seen. Even better than Vegas. lol I went with a couple girlfriends, was 22, just started court reporting, no husband, no kids... and it was awesome! We even took some kind of weed tour. lol

I should have met you back then, only I would have been a kid. Maybe a time machine will do the trick!

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:02 PM

It's indeed ironic that this whole discussion started between two Dutch guys. Copper I don't have anything against you and it's nice to see a fellow Dutchman at an American organized crime website.

Still think your opinion about Montagna is off base though. wink

No problem Sonny, nice to meet you. I did think it was funny I joined an American website, only to get in to an argument with another Dutch guy lol .

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:13 PM

money stopped going to nyc. its a fact. during project colisee the RCMP had camera's in the rizzuto headquarters for a long time. police knew how much money was coming, from where, from who etc. everything you needed to know about how the montreal family worked.
not ONE mentions of payments to new york.. fact is after george sciascia was whacked new york had no hadn in montreal what so ever.

Simply not true, they didn't broadcast where the $ were coming from or going on tape not once. I've seen and heard every one of those tapes which were made public, with Sr stuffing wads into his socks and they never discussed who the money came from or who it was going to. Where is your source on this? Your opinion is not fact. What tapes were you watching or listening too when Nick outlined how the Montreal mafia works on lol? The most revealing info he gave on tape was that he made it clear who the top 5 guys were when he divided $ into 5 even piles, one for each of the top guys in Renda, Sr, Vito, Arcadi and Cun-trera which is a long ways away from "outlining how the whole Montral mafia works". You would have to be borderline retarded to reveal something like that in a conversation to anyone, yet alone the top members of the org who would probably already have a good understanding of how things ran and in all the tapes he is only in the presence of other top guys. Mind you I have only seen and heard the tapes made public so please feel free to post a link to where we can see these other tapes you speak of and claim to have seen.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:23 PM

thats what we saw. read mafia inc, based on interviews with the authors, they knew who was paying, what businesses were paying protection etc..
obviously both me and you are not privy to confidential police files, but the two best sources availble to the public are the books the sixth family and mafia inc adn sal vitale own words. money stopped going to ny, most people would agree with that

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:25 PM

thats what we saw. read mafia inc, based on interviews with the authors, they knew who was paying, what businesses were paying protection etc..
obviously both me and you are not privy to confidential police files, but the two best sources availble to the public are the books the sixth family and mafia inc adn sal vitale own words. money stopped going to ny, most people would agree with that

I own both, have them both in front of me now and they don't say anything as to where the $ was going or coming from. What page? Or do you have a special copy no one else has?

Operation collisee is covered from pg 377-490 and there is exactly 0 dialogue in which they reveal the source of the $ or where it is going nor is there anything on how even a single operation is run, yet alone the entire Montreal mafia. At least chopper doesn't blatantly lie and make up things. Next time you do that you should probably shouldn't refer to books that 90% of the members here own.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:29 PM

i'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you lol.. my point is montreal stop paying new york tribute along time ago. i;m sure most informed people on this forun would agree, thats all im saying

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:34 PM

i'm not going to get into a pissing contest with you lol.. my point is montreal stop paying new york tribute along time ago. i;m sure most informed people on this forum would agree, thats all im saying

Not a pissing contest at all, just tell me one page in either book that backs up your claim, it will take you 2 minutes. Most informed members on hear know Vitale is the only source for that and I know I'm not the only one who would be interested in seeing your source. It will take you 2 minutes to find the page and post it as anyone who has actually read the books will know or you can claim " you don't want to get into a pissing contest" because you know there are no sources and you want to save face from stating your opinion as fact.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:34 PM

Renda described to an extort victim I think that the 'executive comitee' who were Renda nick vito rocco and Acardi shared the money

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:36 PM

Originally Posted By: short841
Renda described to an extort victim I think that the 'executive comitee' who were Renda nick vito rocco and Acardi shared the money

Yes I stand corrected, I couldn't think of the 5th man, and assumed it was Cun-trera.

Was this before or after Cun-trera was killed? If he was still alive im curious as to his actual rank. The media claimed he was the "reluctant acting boss" for awhile which would indicate he is of equal or higher rank than the others in the "executive committee".

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:39 PM

No rocco sollecito. Can't remember last name. No idea gonna read it again cos some of is complicated

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:40 PM

read between the lines...your not going to find one sentence to back it up. do some some thinking and connect the dots yourself. from everything we know of the relationship between the bonanno family and montreal up until present day.

and on a side note montagna got whacked by a frenchman, how does that happen if the bonanno family had any clout up here? the short answer is they dont anymore, its been like that for a while now

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:42 PM

read between the lines...your not going to find one sentence to back it up. do some some thinking and connect the dots yourself. from everything we know of the relationship between the bonanno family and montreal up until present day.

and on a side note montagna got whacked by a frenchman, how does that happen if the bonanno family had any clout up here? the short answer is they dont anymore, its been like that for a while now

I am reading between the lines and don't see how you could say the transcripts reveal any sources about the $. There isn't even a single allusion nor innuendo to anything you claim to see when reading between the lines. Anyway I think its pretty clear whats what and where your credibility stands when you go from saying things like the 6th family and Mafia inc have detailed info about where the money was coming from and going and then 5 minutes later when asked to name a single page to back up your claims you say you don't want to get into a pissing contest and concede that in order to draw the conclusion you have reached, one has to "read between the lines" lol.

And the Frenchman you speak of happens to have a high ranking Bonanno as a brother in law ( you conveniently overlooked that or didn't know) and helped the Bonnanos whack out his previous bosses and only switched sides after he was almost whacked. Further more the same sources which gave you your info on Desjardins also claim he was taken off the street when he was because the Bonannos had a hit squad looking for him

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:45 PM

he was arrested because they have thier blackberry txt messages to the murder conspiracy. they're going down for 20+ years.
about the bonanno hit squad, that comes from one article, never backed up by anyone else

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:50 PM

he was arrested because they have thier blackberry txt messages to the murder conspiracy. they're going down for 20+ years.
about the bonanno hit squad, that comes from one article, never backed up by anyone else

It was said by reporters and implied in some articles. They didn't specifically say the Bonannos sent a hit squad up there but that they put a price on Desjardins' head.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:52 PM

There were several articles with the hit squad info and despite having the BBM messages that implicated him LE wanted to leave him on the street longer in hopes he would incriminate more people but were forced to arrest him when they did because his life was in jeopardy.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:53 PM

anythngs possible, but i doubt it. bonanno family is in dissary, they cant even get thier house in order in ny, let alone montreal.
they dont have the muscle or the leader to stick thier nose in things up here.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:54 PM

anythngs possible, but i doubt it. bonanno family is in dissary, they cant even get thier house in order in ny, let alone montreal.

This is so stupidly ignorant it's hilarious.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:56 PM

care to explain?

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:57 PM

I'm not even going to, just use your head.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:58 PM

^Agreed^

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:58 PM

thats what i thought, just thought u had anything to add. obviously not

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 06:59 PM

What's really hilarious is Mussolini14 seriously talking about the mafia while not so long ago he said he believed those people who interacted with one of its bosses (Vic Amuso) and thought he was innocent. I wonder why he doesn’t say the same about Montagna, Desjardins and the rest.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:01 PM

More so considering he claims to be from Montreal so he should know NY is less than 6 hours away from Montreal. Any Canadian citizen who reads or watches the news should also know that cross border criminal operations are frequent, and BC/Washington marijuana rings are at an all time high but they think the NY mafia wouldn't be able to pull anything off between NY and Montreal.

Also where do they get the info about the "Bonnano's being is such disarray" ? The whole structure of LCN is based around the ability for the family to continue despite leaders being indicted or in jail. LE has been spewing nonsense like "the mafia is crippled" or "the mafia is on its death bed" since the commission trial nearly 30 years ago lol.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:04 PM

you kidding me? ofcourse they are in disarray, last i checked the new acting boss is in jail, graziano in jail again. who is running things?

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:04 PM

More so considering he claims to be from Montreal so he should know NY is less than 6 hours away from Montreal. Any Canadian citizen who reads or watches the news should also know that cross border criminal operations are frequent, and BC/Washington marijuana rings are at an all time high but they think the NY mafia wouldn't be able to pull anything off between NY and Montreal.

Also where do they get the info about the "Bonnano's being is such disarray" ? The whole structure of LCN is based around the ability for the family to continue despite leaders being indicted or in jail. LE has been spewing nonsense like "the mafia is crippled" or "the mafia is on its death bed" since the commission trial nearly 30 years ago lol.

The Bonannos surely have problems of their own in New York to take care of, but that doesn't stop them from being opportunistic. They are who they are.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Dwalin2011
What's really hilarious is Mussolini14 seriously talking about the mafia while not so long ago he said he believed those people who interacted with one of its bosses (Vic Amuso) and thought he was innocent. I wonder why he doesn’t say the same about Montagna, Desjardins and the rest.

Innocent? I think what I said was something along the lines of " I would be more inclined to believe the word of 2 cops who dealt with Amuso for 20+ years than someone like yourself who bases their opinion on the man based on a few articles you read" and I stand by my claim. Why don't you post the whole conversation? It won't just prove I never claimed he was innocent but I am sure many members on this site would like to see what cops who worked with Amuso have to say about him.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:08 PM

being opportunistic is one thing, sure they'll try to make money any way they can. my whole point was the rizzuto family in montreal, any italian mobster in montreal for that matter is not paying the bonanno family tribute money, not for a long time now

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:09 PM

you kidding me? ofcourse they are in disarray, last i checked the new acting boss is in jail, graziano in jail again. who is running things?

Again, LCN is designed with a structure so the family can continue with business despite leaders being jailed or on trial.

They still have 70+ made guys on the street and those guys arent going to stop being opportunistic criminals because their boss is on trial.
I don't know who is running things but based on what other families are doing or have done in similar situations I would guess a panel of about 3 captains are calling the shots.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:10 PM

There not in dissary. Ok they had that bust but there's going to be new players and if there was to be a bonanno war we would of hear about it along time ago

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:11 PM

Innocent? I think what I said was something along the lines of " I would be more inclined to believe the word of 2 cops who dealt with Amuso for 20+ years than someone like yourself who bases their opinion on the man based on a few articles you read" and I stand by my claim. Why don't you post the whole conversation? It won't just prove I never claimed he was innocent but I am sure many members on this site would like to see what cops who worked with Amuso have to say about him.

You didn't directly claim he was innocent but you said you believed those Amuso sympathizers on that blog which is unfortunately gone and so we can't read this discussion and quote what was being said there. But, if you have really been there, you won't deny that most of the people there were screaming about "Vic having done nothing wrong apart from seeing good in everybody including Casso". I swear one of the alleged cops there said that "Amuso killed Luongo, but that's the kind of life he chose", and the other said "he should be released". "He chose that", so what? Does this justify him? Does the constitution allow to kill rivals just because he "chose that kind of life"?

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:13 PM

even if they have a ruling panel,those captains would need a contact up here. like i said before from the late 1990's early 2000's montreal has stop being subservant to the bonanno family. they just dont have the clout to have any significant infuence here

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:14 PM

noone said they would be a war in the bonanno family

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:18 PM

being opportunistic is one thing, sure they'll try to make money any way they can. my whole point was the rizzuto family in montreal, any italian mobster in montreal for that matter is not paying the bonanno family tribute money, not for a long time now

This is the speculative part of the story. Just because there is no tribute being paid at this moment doesn't meant that the Bonannos haven't anything to say up there anymore. Especially considering what's going on now.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:18 PM

Well that is your opinion but the only person to make such a claim is Vitale who as you or anyone who has read "The last Godfather" knows he was kept out of the loop on important matters. I am not privy to classified information and you claim not be be either so all we can do is speculate but IMO the Bonannos are not going to give up a tribute as big as one from MOntreal would be without fighting tooth and nail to keep it. I just can't see the Bonanno's or anyone in the mafia for that matter walking away from a tribute because they whacked someone tied to the group making the tribute.

If whacking George from Canada would end a fruitful tribute from Montreal, I don't think Massino would whack him for something as ridiculous as him complaining that TG was a coke head as is the reason claimed by Vitale.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:21 PM

im not 100% but i think in massino's testimony against basciano he said he had george killed because geroge had killed a made man's son in canada, he broke the rules

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:21 PM

even if they have a ruling panel,those captains would need a contact up here. like i said before from the late 1990's early 2000's montreal has stop being subservant to the bonanno family. they just dont have the clout to have any significant infuence here

The Cotronis have one of the biggest factions in Montreal and have been Bonanno loyalist since the 50's and unlike the Rizzuto faction they didn't give a damn when Sciascia was killed and were probably happy because it weakened their biggest rival.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:24 PM

being from montreal i can say with alot of certainty that the cotroni name doesnt mean a whole lot up here anymore. frank cotroni jr son is said to be an up an comer, but he's considered a punk, like growing up gotti kids

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:25 PM

im not 100% but i think in massino's testimony against basciano he said he had george killed because geroge had killed a made man's son in canada, he broke the rules

Yes he did say that but again I don't believe Massino would value protocal enough to sacrifice a large residual tribute from Montreal.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:26 PM

i dont doubt they would want the tribute back. my point is they dont anymore, and not for a while now. montagna obviously came here and figured he could take over, be boss and montreal could be a prosporous bonanno outpost once again. it didnt work

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 07:27 PM

well there is only 2 reason that we know of.. either cuz of killing a made man's son or just because he favor graziano more . who know's both seem iffy to me

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 08:13 PM

being from montreal i can say with alot of certainty that the cotroni name doesnt mean a whole lot up here anymore. frank cotroni jr son is said to be an up an comer, but he's considered a punk, like growing up gotti kids

Now that's interesting to hear. These guys seem to operate in the shadows.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 08:16 PM

there was an article in one french newspaper that was saying he could be the boss soon.. it pretty much drew laughter from everyone up here

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 08:18 PM

and he's not in the shadows,, he's a nickel and dime guy, if you go to clubs etc you hear he's name, he thinks he's tough

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 11:46 PM

Actually there is quite a long thread over on the realdeal forum posted by a very credible individual( an author of one of the books you sighted for proof) claiming high ranking Mafioso and bikers alike were coming to the Cotroni headquarters to pay tribute which is indicative that they actually are major players and that there name actually does carry more weight than most if not all.

I will cut and past the article here as long as it is not a rules violations.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 11:51 PM

yea i'd love to read it. it depends as in if someone's last name is actually cotroni or just an old ally.. di maulo would be considered a controni mobster. i'd like to read article your talking about to see.
but good info

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 11:52 PM

yea i'd love to read it. it depends as in if someone's last name is actually cotroni or just an old ally.. di maulo would be considered a controni mobster. i'd like to read article your talking about to see.
but good info

K let me dig it up.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/17/12 11:54 PM

yea becaude some people just interchange contron meaing any calabrian...

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:04 AM

Word is out on the streets Cotronis take reigns in Montreal

"as I posted on the biker forum the rock machine showing up at Chez paree night club was not A show of strength to the hells. They were there to pay hommage to the new Calabrian boss and chez paree has always been cotronis family Headquarters. From what I`ve heard its Frank jr(from quite a few people in the loop) but I wouldnt be suprisede if Nick cotroni was boss. Nothing official but I started hearing the rumours last week now the rock machine(who no one ever thought would return because of there near extermination by the rizzuto backed hells angels) show up at cotronis headquarters a few days later and make a big show of it. So I tend to believe it now that the cotronis are back on top. But please take it with a grain of salt I`m new here and i`m not looking for an argument but merely trying to get the rumour out as it may answer what has been a looming question since the the rizzuto purge began(and toronto played a big part with supplying some of the finer wetwork aswell) so I`m stating this as opinion and rumour not fact."

Maverik PM IVY league and he will be able to get you into the real deal forum so you can see the rest of the thread.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:06 AM

interesting.. clearly guy says it rumor. certainly possible but its first im hearing of it. hell's angels were usually always stronger than rock machine. maybe times are changing

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:07 AM

we'll see how it plays out

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:33 AM

When I was on RD saying I'm more than just a little sure it's going to be (and IS) a Calabrian godfather, they pressed me for a name (bite my fat ass joeycigars) and I gave the name Cotroni. I stand by that still.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:35 AM

everyting is still up in the air up here. dont forget vito rizzuto is getting out of jail in a couple of months and will be back. i dont know if he's just gonig to go quietly into the good night

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:38 AM

Word is out on the streets Cotronis take reigns in Montreal

"as I posted on the biker forum the rock machine showing up at Chez paree night club was not A show of strength to the hells. They were there to pay hommage to the new Calabrian boss and chez paree has always been cotronis family Headquarters. From what I`ve heard its Frank jr(from quite a few people in the loop) but I wouldnt be suprisede if Nick cotroni was boss. Nothing official but I started hearing the rumours last week now the rock machine(who no one ever thought would return because of there near extermination by the rizzuto backed hells angels) show up at cotronis headquarters a few days later and make a big show of it. So I tend to believe it now that the cotronis are back on top. But please take it with a grain of salt I`m new here and i`m not looking for an argument but merely trying to get the rumour out as it may answer what has been a looming question since the the rizzuto purge began(and toronto played a big part with supplying some of the finer wetwork aswell) so I`m stating this as opinion and rumour not fact."

Maverik PM IVY league and he will be able to get you into the real deal forum so you can see the rest of the thread.

The quote you put up here, looks like the words of a guy I was PMing with on HERE... ontario613? I may be off with the name slightly, but it's something like this. I think he went by a different name on RD, though. We spoke quite a bit on here and that looks like a lot of what we were talking about. For the record, I brought him over and vouched for him on RD, then he just kinda disappeared. He had a lot of info as to what's going on up there.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:40 AM

everyting is still up in the air up here. dont forget vito rizzuto is getting out of jail in a couple of months and will be back. i dont know if he's just gonig to go quietly into the good night

Yes, I get it. Everything is still up in the air up there. I get it, I read it, I'll put it on a post-it so I don't ever ever NEVER forget it. Good?

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:42 AM

i'm a little curious as to why only now people are saying controni. when this all started after nick jr was killed and locals decided rizzuto's were finished, the top calabrians turned out to be di maulo,mirarchi ( and desjardins). wherre were the cotroni's this whole time?

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:43 AM

Actually there is quite a long thread over on the realdeal forum posted by a very credible individual( an author of one of the books you sighted for proof) claiming high ranking Mafioso and bikers alike were coming to the Cotroni headquarters to pay tribute which is indicative that they actually are major players and that there name actually does carry more weight than most if not all.

I'm not sure if that guy who started that topic was an author, but this is the article it was about:

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/24/biker-war-brewing-in-montreal

http://realdeal-forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21480

relax i wasnt trying to be sarcastic

i'm a little curious as to why only now people are saying controni. when this all started after nick jr was killed and locals decided rizzuto's were finished, the top calabrians turned out to be di maulo,mirarchi ( and desjardins). wherre were the cotroni's this whole time?

I've said Cotroni for about a year now.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:45 AM

I'm not sure if that guy who started that topic was an author, but this is the article it was about:

http://www.torontosun.com/2011/07/24/biker-war-brewing-in-montreal

The poster that put that post up, is not an author. He was a member here and over on RD.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:46 AM

this seems to deal more with the bikers...

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:48 AM

Di Maulo isn't a Calabrian.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:49 AM

he was violi's right hand man for a long time. he's usually associated with the calabrian faction is all i mean

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:50 AM

he was violi's right hand man for a long time. he's usually associated with the calabrian faction is all i mean

He wasn't Violi's right-hand man he was Frank Cotroni's right-hand man, but you're right that he used to be (or still is) part of the old Cotroni faction.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:52 AM

i would argue both. he went with violi to new york to elect rastelli as boss in the 1970's

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:53 AM

i would argue both. he went with violi to new york to elect rastelli as boss in the 1970's

Violi, Di Maulo, Cotroni, they were all part of the same faction back then. But Di Maulo was more close to Frank Sr. than to Violi. Violi's right-hand man was his brother Francesco.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:54 AM

but you get what im trying to say. when describing the facttions fighting in montreal. you had sicilian (montagna,arcuri, lopresti, pietrantonio) and calabrian (di maulo, dejardins, mirarchi)

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:56 AM

yea francesco violi was is muscle. my point was di maulo was trusted and respected enough by both violi and vic cotroni for them to choose him to accompany paolo to ny to elect rastelli the bonanno boss

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 12:59 AM

but you get what im trying to say. when describing the facttions fighting in montreal. you had sicilian (montagna,arcuri, lopresti, pietrantonio) and calabrian (di maulo, dejardins, mirarchi)

Those are thought to be the two groups, although both groups have members who hail from different parts of Italy. Pietrantonio may not be a Sicilian, while Milioto (one of Desjardins' men) is a common Sicilian surname.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 01:01 AM

i forget where i read, maybe in one of the french papers up here that milioto's family comes from same village in sicily as rizzuto.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 01:03 AM

i forget where i read, maybe in one of the french papers up here that milioto's family comes from same village in sicily as rizzuto.

He may even be related to Rizzuto. Liborio Milioto was Nick Rizzuto's half-brother.

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 01:04 AM

yea thats probably what it said, it was in french. my french issnt very good

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 01:11 AM

And you said you lived in Montreal? wink

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 01:13 AM

yea born and raised lol..

Re: Another Montreal murder... - 03/18/12 01:37 AM