Detroit

Borderline
Detroit

Nonviable
All others

Anyone care to ellaborate on this
Posted By: Chopper2012

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/12/12 10:51 PM

If you use the 'search' function on Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Buffalo etc. you should get some interesting results. And some lively discussions too wink.
Posted By: joey_dice

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/12/12 10:54 PM

Jesus, same ole subjects, same ole arguments, do us all a favor and just do some searches.
Posted By: Strax

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/12/12 11:01 PM

In my opinion only vialbe families are 5 NY Families.
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/12/12 11:40 PM

Don't be such a dick to the new guy.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/12/12 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas
yeah, gotta agree. while it may be the same topic to us, it may be new to him and also its not like theres tons of news all the time on lcn besides some smaller busts and trials so the fact is that we often need to amuse ourselves with these hypothetical situations. could he have used the search function yeah, but sometimes its more fullfilling to get a responce in your own thread for better or worse. op, your assesment seems pretty accurate, after non viable i would put buffalo and then kansas city.

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/13/12 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies
yeah, gotta agree. while it may be the same topic to us, it may be new to him and also its not like theres tons of news all the time on lcn besides some smaller busts and trials so the fact is that we often need to amuse ourselves with these hypothetical situations. could he have used the search function yeah, but sometimes its more fullfilling to get a responce in your own thread for better or worse. op, your assesment seems pretty accurate, after non viable i would put buffalo and then kansas city.

Don't agree. Wasn't being a dick about anything, just a friendly push towards the search function. Personally, I learned a lot from it.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/13/12 12:05 AM

Originally Posted By: icegoodbarbPresident
List of viable families
5 families
Chicago
Philly
Patriarca
Decavalcante(New Jersey)
Detroit

Borderline
Detroit

Nonviable
All others

Anyone care to ellaborate on this

Welcome from the nearly defunct Street Gangs forum. What you posted above, in a nutshell, is correct.
Posted By: carmela

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/13/12 01:26 AM

Joining in 2008 isn't exactly being a "new guy". wink
Posted By: SC

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/13/12 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By: carmela

Joining in 2008 isn't exactly being a "new guy".

True, but four posts in four years?? Must be a "busy guy".
Posted By: carmela

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/13/12 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: carmela

Joining in 2008 isn't exactly being a "new guy".

True, but four posts in four years?? Must be a "busy guy".

You're right. Oh well..can't wait to see his post in 2013. I bet it's gonna be great!!!
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/13/12 03:37 AM

Wow. 4 posts since 2008? This guy's like the anti-Frosty.

Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
Originally Posted By: Five_Felonies

Don't agree. Wasn't being a dick about anything, just a friendly push towards the search function. Personally, I learned a lot from it.

FWIW, I think they were responding to joey_dice. And nothing for nothing, I also agree that the search function is a severely under-utilized feature.

Outside the Five, basically its Chicago, Philly and New England. Oh, and Detroit, depending on who you want to believe.

And from the sound of the the Nicky Skins fall-out and the possibility of "Dame" Cannalichio flipping, Philly could be taking some very big hits soon.

EDIT: Forgot NJ. Also, NJ.
Posted By: icegoodbarbPresident

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/13/12 04:28 AM

yeh i registered in 2008 but never used it, when i first started using forums you had guys saying chicago has 200 made guys or detroit has 60 guys and my father is a capo in the mob so i just read books and did research but now i like to use forums again because you get multiple pieces of info from different people with many levels of experience
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/13/12 05:49 AM

Originally Posted By: icegoodbarbPresident
yeh i registered in 2008 but never used it, when i first started using forums you had guys saying chicago has 200 made guys or detroit has 60 guys and my father is a capo in the mob so i just read books and did research but now i like to use forums again because you get multiple pieces of info from different people with many levels of experience

There are still a few here and there that would have people believe there's still 200 made guys in Chicago and 60 in Detroit but they've become more and more rare as people have wised up.

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/13/12 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

FWIW, I think they were responding to joey_dice. And nothing for nothing, I also agree that the search function is a severely under-utilized feature.

Outside the Five, basically its Chicago, Philly and New England. Oh, and Detroit, depending on who you want to believe.

And from the sound of the the Nicky Skins fall-out and the possibility of "Dame" Cannalichio flipping, Philly could be taking some very big hits soon.

EDIT: Forgot NJ. Also, NJ.

Yeah, the search function is a great feature of this site. There's some old posts that are very interesting.

As for the Nicky Skins / possible Cannalichio flipping situation in Philly, I personally think it's mostly gonna hurt the guys that are already locked up. But, there should be some interesting times ahead.
Posted By: NJBoy55

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/14/12 04:11 PM

I think he was talkin' about Dice, Chopper. He wasn't being so cool to the new guy. I've had my issues with him as well. Stay cool Chopps!

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/14/12 04:28 PM

No problemo NJ, already forgot about that actually. Just enjoying the site, same as you right?
Posted By: NJBoy55

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/14/12 04:52 PM

For sure Chopps.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/14/12 04:58 PM

I will put Buffalo at the borderline too.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/14/12 10:10 PM

I think that detroit, bufallo, kansas are probably more crime rings than families now.

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/15/12 02:51 AM

I think Buffalo and Kansas are long gone actually, or nothing more than a street gang at the moment. Detroit? Don't know really, there are a lot of different theories on that. My two cents is that there is a small family left over there, that will probably dissolve in the next twenty years.
Posted By: Five_Felonies

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/15/12 03:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Chopper2012
I think Buffalo and Kansas are long gone actually, or nothing more than a street gang at the moment. Detroit? Don't know really, there are a lot of different theories on that. My two cents is that there is a small family left over there, that will probably dissolve in the next twenty years.
i pretty much agree with this. in buffalo and detroit i would say that the economy has had more of a negative effect on the mob than anything else while in kansas city law enforcement and attrition seems to have taken a heavy toll. but in all three cities there is without a doubt continued mob activity although much diminished. i think that the one of the biggest debates about when a family is classified as defunct is the level of activity with everyone having different opinions. all three in my opinion are no longer huge viable criminal organizations but mob activity remains.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/15/12 10:38 AM

nothing left in buffalo

Re: Viable Vs. Non-Viable Families - 03/15/12 11:57 AM

Well, I hear they have some great pizza wink.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET