Home

Fulton Fish Market

Posted By: botz

Fulton Fish Market - 02/08/12 03:29 AM

Alot of prostitutes will be around the Fulton Fish Market and the Fulton Fish Market has been associated mostly with the Five Families of New York. The prostitution that goes around the Fulton Fish Market does the Five Families have anything to do with it.
Posted By: SC

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/08/12 03:54 AM

Originally Posted By: botz
Alot of prostitutes will be around the Fulton Fish Market.

And everyone thought it was the fish that smelled bad.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/08/12 04:46 AM

Alot of prostitutes will be around the Fulton Fish Market and the Fulton Fish Market has been associated mostly with the Five Families of New York. The prostitution that goes around the Fulton Fish Market does the Five Families have anything to do with it.

As a staple racket for the mob, prostitution has been passe for a long time. Furthermore, the mob (specifically the Genovese family) lost control of the Fulton Fish Market back in the mid-1990s's when Giuliani instituted new industry regulations over the wholesale food markets in the city. The mobbed up trucking and seafood companies in the market were forced out and the market itself was later moved from Manhattan up to the Bronx.

Members of the Genovese and Lucchese families were running a gambling operation in the new market a few years ago. And I believe a Genovese guy extorted a kickback from a DeCavalcante-connected company trying to get a waste hauling bid there a few years ago but obviously it's not like it was.
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/08/12 05:42 PM

Spot-on, Ivy (as usual smile ).

As a New Yorker, I'll just add a bit of geography to the mix. When the market was actually on Fulton Street in Lower Manhattan, I don't really recall many prostitutes in the area. But like Ivy said, the market moved up to the Bronx some years ago, after Giuliani threw the wiseguys out.

When the market moved to the Bronx, they chose Hunts Point as a location, which has always been infested with the most low-rent hookers you've ever seen. And I can't imagine those skeevy crackheads even having pimps, let alone mob connections.
Posted By: spmob

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/08/12 05:52 PM

I remember a documentary on HBO years and years ago about Hunts Point prostitution. there were about 10 teeth between the whole cast.
Posted By: Frosty

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/08/12 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: SC
Alot of prostitutes will be around the Fulton Fish Market.

And everyone thought it was the fish that smelled bad.
wink see what happens when they try to clean up a place cool But good one SC lol

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/08/12 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
I remember a documentary on HBO years and years ago about Hunts Point prostitution. there were about 10 teeth between the whole cast.

You're being far too kind.
Posted By: Scorsese

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/08/12 05:59 PM

greatest show ever broadcast in the history of television.
Posted By: moolou

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/08/12 07:34 PM

Pretty interesting

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/nyregion/at-52-a-prostitute-still-working-the-streets.html

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/08/12 07:40 PM

Leave it to the insane, left-wing New York Times to turn the tale of a 52 year old whore into an against-the-odds underdog story rolleyes.
Posted By: spmob

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/08/12 07:48 PM

hahahah they just had a 60 year old hooker in the Daily News the other day. She got busted again and this time she was online using picturs from 15 years ago. She also got locked up in 2002 for running a hooker ring.
Posted By: Frosty

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/08/12 07:48 PM

At least she is working ! Wonder who pays for the kids she pops out? No teeth , one hell of a ah blow job ! But not on my johnson ! You can take that to the bank . cool
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/09/12 11:40 AM

lol lol
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/09/12 12:25 PM

Where excactly in the Lower East Side area is the Fulton Fish Market located?

And no... my question has nothing to do with this:
Alot of prostitutes will be around the Fulton Fish Market

smile

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/09/12 03:53 PM

Originally Posted By: HairyKnuckles

The market was located right on the East River waterfront, near the Manhattan side of the Brooklyn Bridge.

I know you like the Google map feature, Hairy. So just Google map the South Street Seaport to get an idea of where the market used to be. Or if you want an intersection, it was right around Fulton and Front Streets smile.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/09/12 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

The market was located right on the East River waterfront, near the Manhattan side of the Brooklyn Bridge.

I know you like the Google map feature, Hairy. So just Google map the South Street Seaport to get an idea of where the market used to be. Or if you want an intersection, it was right around Fulton and Front Streets smile.

Thanks PB for the info.
I consider the Fulton Fish Market a huge chapter in the history of New York´s organized crime.

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/09/12 04:49 PM

I consider the Fulton Fish Market a huge chapter in the history of New York´s organized crime.

And it was!

That was a huge loss for them, and being that the Federal regulations on the market were put into place right around the same time that the Feds regulated the Teamsters Union and the garbage industry here in New York, it really made the late 1990s and early 2000s a time the wiseguys would just as soon forget.

They lost millions, no, make that billions, as a direct result of those Federal regulations.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Fulton Fish Market - 02/10/12 01:20 AM

The early 1990's was when the mob started being removed from several New York industries. You had the Gambinos forced out of the Garment Center. Then towards the mid-1990's you had the Luccheses and Gambinos forced out of the aiports and the Genovese out of the Javits Center. Then in the mid-1990's you had the new regulations over waste hauling and the food markets. Plus you had Times Square cleaned up and later the San Gennaro Festival.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET