Home

Mafia Down Under

Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Mafia Down Under - 11/20/11 09:50 PM

I recently completed an article for GangsterInc, thought Id share it with you guys. Im indebted to pizzaboy for his great quote, one he probably just threw out off-hand but I thought would work great as an intro.

Said intro is a little long, I know, but I wanted to establish the Italian presence in Australia before I delved in to all the mob and murder stuff.

http://gangstersinc.ning.com/profiles/blogs/italian-australian-gangsters-criminals
Posted By: carmela

Re: Mafia Down Under - 11/20/11 10:57 PM

Great job on the article, Mickey. Very interesting and very nicely done.

Re: Mafia Down Under - 11/21/11 07:39 AM

smile Thanks Carm.
Posted By: LordSlickNutz

Re: Mafia Down Under - 11/21/11 07:59 AM

Wow... this D'Agostino fellow seems like a real nasty piece of work.

Marvelous article, Mickey. I look forward to your next piece.
Posted By: Lilo

Re: Mafia Down Under - 11/21/11 11:13 AM

Thanks, Mickey. Good stuff and well written.
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Mafia Down Under - 11/21/11 11:45 AM

Thats some serieus article Mickey, great job man!!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Mafia Down Under - 11/21/11 03:30 PM

That's a great job, Mickey. I'm proud of you, boy smile.
Posted By: HairyKnuckles

Re: Mafia Down Under - 11/21/11 03:42 PM

Interesting read. Very nice work! wink

Re: Mafia Down Under - 11/23/11 12:43 AM

Thanks for the response guys. smile

Im working on part 2 as we speak. It's going to reference the notorious thug and standover man of 1930's Sydney, Guido Calletti. There's a bunch of Calabrian stuff to touch on too.

And (most interesting to me at least) the story of two Sicilian brothers and their cohorts who were heavily involved in Brisbane's vice scene during the late 60's, the 70's and up to the mid 80's (pre-Fitzgerald Inquiry years) and the Sicilian-Australian cop who refused to compromise his sense of honour and declined numerous bribes and entreaties to back off despite threats to himself and his family.

It's guy's like him (Domenico "Mick" Cacciola) that should really be celebrated and respected amongst the Italian expat communities.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET