Home

Baltimore

Posted By: Boardwalkguy

Baltimore - 10/31/11 11:10 PM

Any news on who controls Baltimore ?
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Baltimore - 10/31/11 11:28 PM

What do you mean who controls? No Cosa Nostra activity there.

Re: Baltimore - 10/31/11 11:32 PM

I've read a lot about bookmakers operating out of that area ,and having relationships with NY And Phila ! I mean the little Italy is the best ,and the Redlight district is also happening !
Posted By: LeroyJones

Re: Baltimore - 10/31/11 11:38 PM

I never hear too much about Baltimore. I think it's a big street gang city but i'm not sure. Maybe the philly crew has someone there since i think it's the closet LCN Family. I think they have some interest in parts of Delaware so maybe Maryland too but thats just a guess..
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: Baltimore - 10/31/11 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Boardwalkguy
I've read a lot about bookmakers operating out of that area ,and having relationships with NY And Phila ! I mean the little Italy is the best ,and the Redlight district is also happening !
Baltimore's Little Italy is the best.

Re: Baltimore - 10/31/11 11:47 PM

They said the Gambinos had a small crew in the 70's or 80's and that Phila had people there also . Funny with all the informants from both families ,nobody ever has a Baltimore connection! I think that there are a lot of Zips operating restaurants and pizza shops making big money ! Funny how there are no wannabes operating in Baltimore !
Posted By: LeroyJones

Re: Baltimore - 10/31/11 11:50 PM

Originally Posted By: flamingokid123
Baltimore's Little Italy is the best.

I didn't even know they had one. confused Last time i was there the harbor district or whatever you call it was pretty nice but i heard the city is really bad so i really didn't explore too much of it. I'll have to check it out if i ever go there again.

Re: Baltimore - 10/31/11 11:52 PM

Better then NYC and cleaner !

Re: Baltimore - 11/01/11 12:12 AM

Better then NYC and cleaner !

Yes, very clean. And always wondered who controls that city. Bruno I think had a few guys down there but that was 40 years ago.

Re: Baltimore - 11/01/11 12:22 AM

Yes ,Bruno had a guy named Harry Dascenzo ,not sure what happen to him ! I think the Jewish gangsters owned the strip clubs ! Also I think it is safe to say most of the racketeers of the 60 and 70's children went legit ! Also wondered about ocean city Maryland !
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Baltimore - 11/01/11 01:12 AM

After watching The Wire, I really wonder who the current drug 'kingpins' are. Is ghetto D/C as bad as Ghetto Baltimore?

Re: Baltimore - 11/01/11 01:17 AM

I read a book before called wised up ,but it didn't get into real LCN connections !

Re: Baltimore - 11/01/11 01:53 AM

After the Bruno hit, the feds found John Stanfa working at a gambino controlled pizza shop in Maryland. But I think the pizza shop was more towards D.C.

Re: Baltimore - 11/01/11 01:55 AM

Yes ,Bruno had a guy named Harry Dascenzo ,not sure what happen to him ! I think the Jewish gangsters owned the strip clubs ! Also I think it is safe to say most of the racketeers of the 60 and 70's children went legit ! Also wondered about ocean city Maryland !
There is pic of Harry Dascenzo in the Atlantic City black list.

Attached picture dascenzo_h.jpg

Re: Baltimore - 11/01/11 02:01 AM

It's very interesting to see why Baltimore never had it's own family ! Yet plenty of Zips with pizza shops !

Re: Baltimore - 11/01/11 02:04 AM

I believe like many of the old time racketeers ,their Children went on to become Successfull people ! Went to college and didn't need to live that way of life ! Look at New Orleans and Scranton and Pittsburgh ! Same thing !
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Baltimore - 11/01/11 02:06 AM

This topic has come up a number of times. Here's the most recent thread;

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=608522
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Baltimore - 11/01/11 04:40 AM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM
After watching The Wire, I really wonder who the current drug 'kingpins' are. Is ghetto D/C as bad as Ghetto Baltimore?
prob worse. dc is a shit town except for the white house and all that noise. they have one of the largest homeless populations in the country. not a very nice place at all!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET