Home

Narco Hip Hop

Posted By: HermitKermit

Narco Hip Hop - 10/08/11 05:15 AM

A very few minority in Mexico were rapper probably payed by drug traffickers/members glorify the life of being in the cartels. I like it because you understand what some of these guys go thru and hear their message.

Posted By: botz

Re: Narco Hip Hop - 10/08/11 03:58 PM

are there any in english or any other language.

Re: Narco Hip Hop - 10/08/11 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: botz
are there any in english or any other language.

Nope I don't think so, why do you ask?
Posted By: botz

Re: Narco Hip Hop - 10/09/11 12:53 AM

Just curious I don't know i just figured that there would be some in english, but some of it i understand.
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Narco Hip Hop - 10/09/11 10:57 AM

Thanks Hermit! I love this kinda stuff. Kinda the logical extension of the "narco-corridos".

Re: Narco Hip Hop - 10/11/11 08:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
Thanks Hermit! I love this kinda stuff. Kinda the logical extension of the "narco-corridos".

But it's not nearly as popular as narco-corridos at all, do you actually understand the music?

Edit: I've noticed most of these narco hip-hop songs are made for the lower level "commadantes" and it's only Gulf Cartel and Los Zetas but mostly for Gulf Cartel lower level commadantes.
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Narco Hip Hop - 10/11/11 08:30 AM

Originally Posted By: HermitKermit

But it's not nearly as popular as narco-corridos, do you actually understand the music?

No because Im an idiot who mythologizes the lives of traffickers, likes vague notions of violence and also, catchy music rolleyes lol

Actually, I have a reasonable grasp of what they're talking about. And dont get it twisted, I dont look up to them or anything, but they're kind of fucked up, modern day murder ballads. Of course they are unlikely to reach the same level of recognition, what I mean by an extension of the corridos is that the notion is crossing other genres, in a sense targetting different audiences.

Actually, the music itself is pretty damn terrible. I should have worded it better; I find the idea of this stuff interesting in an almost folk art sort of concept.

Re: Narco Hip Hop - 10/11/11 08:43 AM

Originally Posted By: HermitKermit

But it's not nearly as popular as narco-corridos, do you actually understand the music?

No because Im an idiot who mythologizes the lives of traffickers, likes vague notions of violence and also, catchy music rolleyes lol

Actually, I have a reasonable grasp of what they're talking about. And dont get it twisted, I dont look up to them or anything, but they're kind of fucked up, modern day murder ballads. Of course they are unlikely to reach the same level of recognition, what I mean by an extension of the corridos is that the notion is crossing other genres, in a sense targetting different audiences.

Actually, the music itself is pretty damn terrible. I should have worded it better; I find the idea of this stuff interesting in an almost folk art sort of concept.

Yeah narco hip hop in Mexico is very underground and not popular at all, narco-corridos are a better presentation of these drug traffickers though don't get it twisted not all of their music is about violence hence a lot of it is about how these guys became traffickers and what not. I actually like hearing corridos and narco-corridos, in general is not really violent or negative music but there are some bands or narco-corridos talking about violence but it's mild compared to the narco hip-hop.

The second video I posted talks about the war in Nuevo Laredo between Los Zetas and Sinaloa Cartel in 2005, back then I didn't know cartels or criminal organizations existed in Mexico , many Mexicans didn't know either.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET