Home

The Families outside NY

Posted By: furio_from_naples

The Families outside NY - 08/27/11 04:11 PM

I'm seeking information on all crime families out of New York , how many are, how made members they have, and which are active and which have become extinct.I Know families active in Detroit,Kansas City,Cleveland etc anyone know how many made man have the rizzuto Family?
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/27/11 04:21 PM

Someone on here a few months ago said the Rizzuto's had something like 35-45 made guys currently, they used to have quite a lot more before they fell apart.
I think there may still be a family in Buffalo but I'm not sure how many members currently are active... I thought Cleveland may be defunct by now??
Posted By: rossato

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/27/11 05:11 PM

the mob in florida has always interested me ... gambinos n bonnanos have had crews down there tht r known of , dont know what its like now thoo, probly jus all cocke dealers n stuf
Posted By: dontommasino

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/27/11 06:46 PM

Some of them must still have crews in Florida. Vincent Artuso was down there for the Gambinos, but I he's in jail right now.
Posted By: furio_from_naples

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/27/11 07:35 PM

what about new orleans and cleveland families ?

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/27/11 08:00 PM

jojo corozzo snr was down there 80s he was a big cocaine supplyer , appartently from reading , supplyed blacks in the harlem where he had dealers workin for him , hes gona get life when he eventuly goes on trial , any1 follow him n when hhes trial gona be , n has any1 drank buckfast before? all us young guys in scotland drink it im halfway thru a bottle grin any1 drinkin tonight? n has any1 listened to the carter iv yet? amazin!
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/27/11 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
what about new orleans and cleveland families ?
there both dead. nothing happening. maybe a few guys claiming to be part of them but doing nothing.
Posted By: yigido

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/27/11 10:39 PM

i heard the cleveland mob was defunct for a time but after this made guy came out of prison he started running rackets with assistance from the genovese family but i dont know if these guys rebuild the clan.

and the family wich is the most stable outside of ny or probably whole the states is probably in detroit. read at the fivefamiliesblog that made men were required to marry relatives of other made men so the chanse of ratting or rebelling against the family would be minimum.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/27/11 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: yigido
i heard the cleveland mob was defunct for a time but after this made guy came out of prison he started running rackets with assistance from the genovese family but i dont know if these guys rebuild the clan.

and the family wich is the most stable outside of ny or probably whole the states is probably in detroit. read at the fivefamiliesblog that made men were required to marry relatives of other made men so the chanse of ratting or rebelling against the family would be minimum.

yeah thats my blog and thanks for reading!

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 12:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

yeah thats my blog and thanks for reading!

well really nice blog keep up the work

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 01:24 AM

the most stable fam outside the 5 is prob the outfit. philly and new england come in around or right behind them with the decavacante's bringin up the rear. detroit is almost defunct.
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 03:32 AM

... required to marry relatives of other made men so the chanse of ratting or rebelling against the family would be minimum.

...because they wouldn't just be flipping against other guys in the Family but actual family members. Its a tactic the Nrdrangheta as well as some of the most succesful families have used.

But as Phat said, despite still having a few guys getting around (very slowly) they're on their last legs. Of course the staples (bookmaking/loansharking) are still gonna be around, and as Lilo and others pointed out in a recent thread, with a focus on street and gang crimes, a small, tightknit family involved mainly in bookmaking may well attract less Federal attention by keeping their collective head down.

HOWEVER; as Ivy always says, so few significant indictments over the last few decades most likely reflects the level of significant mob activity in said city. So they'd likely be more on the level of places like Buffalo, Cleveland, and Kansas etc.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 07:30 AM

I'm seeking information on all crime families out of New York , how many are, how made members they have, and which are active and which have become extinct.I Know families active in Detroit,Kansas City,Cleveland etc anyone know how many made man have the rizzuto Family?

The total remaining membership of the entire LCN in America is estimated to be about 1,000. At least 85% of that is in the northeast, with 70% belonging to the five NY families alone. Figuring in round numbers, New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and maybe Chicago each have about 50 members. Buffalo and Detroit each have about 25. Cleveland, Kansas City, Tampa, and Los Angeles each have about 10. Pittsburgh and St. Louis maybe 5 each. Only a few, if that, elsewhere in places like NE PA, New Orleans, Milwaukee, etc. Sal Vitale testified the Rizzutos had 19 guys who were made members of the Bonanno family. But obviously that wasn't the entire organization.

Originally Posted By: dontommasino
Some of them must still have crews in Florida. Vincent Artuso was down there for the Gambinos, but I he's in jail right now.

The Gambinos have had the most activity in Florida over the past decade. Cases involving Tony Pep Trentacosta, Ronnie Trucchio, Vinny Artuso, and John Gotti Jr. and their crews to name a few. The Bonannos had cases involving TG Graziano and Gerry Chilli, as well as Thomas Fiore who was a part of Chilli's crew. The Genovese had the Ruggiero crew bust, as well as the Miami ILA locals that were part of the 2005 RICO complaint against the union. The Colombos had some activity in the early part of the decade, with cases involving Joey Rutunno and a pump and dump stock scam tied to Wild Bill Cutolo, but nothing as of late. And basically nothing involving the Luccheses.
Posted By: thebarber

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 03:53 PM

its my understanding that the fed feel there is only 11 active families left and u can put them in 3 tiers.

Tier 1 is the five NY families

Tier 2 is chicago, new england, philly and new jersey

Tier 3 would be detroit and buffalo

In other areas cleveland, tampa, LA and other places there mayb some Italian OC still remaining. Made fuys working together but they dont have the manpower or the structure needed to qualify as a official family

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 04:07 PM

I wonder if Philly potentially could go under over the next decade? Quite a few top guys will be convicted next year, and there aren't many made guys around, though I know there are a lot of associates. Surely the outfit and Boston is stronger than the current Philly mob??

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 04:12 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
I wonder if Philly potentially could go under over the next decade? Quite a few top guys will be convicted next year, and there aren't many made guys around, though I know there are a lot of associates. Surely the outfit and Boston is stronger than the current Philly mob??

at this time the outfit and new england are the 2 srongest families outside NY

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 05:09 PM

how many crews does the outfit and patriarca's have?
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 05:24 PM

Outfit.

John DiFronzo was a capo before he became boss, and his brother Peter took over that crew. There's a crew led by the Frank 'Tootsie' Caruso, their patriarch was Frank 'Skids' Caruso who was part of the 42 Gang. Skid's grandson (Tootsie's son) was charged with the vicious racial beating of a young black teenager where Bill Clinton got involved. He had nothing to do with it, though. I don't know their relation, but Tootsie's soldiers include Bruno and Leo Caruso who have some blood ties to labor unions and the Roti Family, a political clan that had mob ties way back in Capone's day. Pudgy Matassa is the reputed head of the old Cicero Crew, which held the power in The Outfit since a long succession of bosses would be capos from that crew. But there's not much on him and it appears his soldier Michael Sarno runs an operation almost big enough to rival him. Maybe he's just attracting more attention though, Pudgy Matassa has the largest crew currently.

Joseph Cullotta is a capo as well but I don't know anything about him. Maybe he's related to informant Frank Cullotta.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By: thebarber
its my understanding that the fed feel there is only 11 active families left and u can put them in 3 tiers.

Tier 1 is the five NY families

Tier 2 is chicago, new england, philly and new jersey

Tier 3 would be detroit and buffalo

In other areas cleveland, tampa, LA and other places there mayb some Italian OC still remaining. Made fuys working together but they dont have the manpower or the structure needed to qualify as a official family

That 11 families figure came from an article US News & World Report did back in 2006. In addition to the 5 NY families, it also listed Chicago, Detroit, New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and Miami. Listing Miami wasn't a reference to the Trafficante family, but to the NY families that are active in the Miami/South Florida area. As for Detroit, some articles in recent years have listed it, others have not. For me, the lack of cases there tip the scales to the latter.

You basically have two types of families. Ones that are viable and ones that are not. Viable means they meet the RICO standard - "a pattern of continuing criminal activity in behalf of an organization." In other words, is there some kind of formal structure with ongoing activity? Yes, obviously, for the 5 NY families. Yes, but less so, for New England, Philadelphia, and Chicago. New Jersey may be in a grey area between the two now. And though there may be more of the mob left in Buffalo or Detroit than, say, Cleveland or St. Louis, they don't really meet the RICO standard either at this point.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 07:22 PM

With Chicago, New England, as well as New Jersey and Philadelphia, you're probably looking at around 3 or 4 crews each.
Posted By: vinnygorgeous217

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 07:48 PM

Well I think that outside of New York, there are some Families that are stable organizations that represent Cosa Nostra, or meet the criteria for RICO. In Philadelphia you had Joe Ligambi and a sound Administrstion. This Ligambi organization might go down as one of the most successful after all the plea deals for lesser sentences. I think the only one that is going to really get scorched is Joe Massimino after the state nails him for drugs on top of his federal sentence. Plus the Ligambi organization showed it could murder to silence anyone that proved detremental to the organization. If Ligambi and his guys did not get indicted and taken off the street with all these Merlino and Scarfo guys comin out, this Family definately would be a force to reckon with, they would have swept back New Jersey, and moved elswhere. The Outfit is obviously to me the most stable organization right now at the present time. John Difronzo has a sounder administration than Ligambi put together, plus the Chicago guys have loyal young blood and soldiers to do the dirty work, while all the older top bosses like Difronzo sit on their legitimate businesses. Plus Difronzo's administration are mostly Family, and lifelong friends. This family is so stable the FBI does not know how many members are bosses it has, it's really profit focused and low-key. In Boston the Patriarcas are pretty sound but seem to not be able to get things really organized. The reason being is that the men at the top were for years soldiers and muscle, and dont really have the finess and business savy mindset to make large amounts of money. The days of shaking down restraunters and bookmakers are over unless you have a large amount of manpower behind you. But I think the Patraircas were in good shape 10 years ago, they had a stable administration in Luigi Manocchio and Carmen Dinunzio. Both guys well respected and earners, one from the old Raymond Patriarca days, to a guy that came up under Tony Spilotro in Las Vegas. But after them there a group of wiseguys who made their money the traditional way, and the family has young blood, but not the type of blood to open legitemate businesses or run stock scams, they just terrorize people for cash. But the Patriarcas have alot of guys on the street, but Mark Rossetti flipping is going to diminish the family greatly. In New Jersey the Decalvalcante's remian a reckoned with LCN Family with an old school Sicilian Francesco Guarraci running the show, who reportedly takes alot of orders from John Riggi who mis doing life, and Guarraci has Joe Miranda at his side, a proven guy. For years New York and Philly crouched their turf, but in the last 8 years that has been a problem for outside Families in North Jersey. I give this Family credit, they lost most of their members in 2003 in that huge mob case that yielded alot of convictions and rats, but the Family reportedly has about 60 strong on the street with hundreds of associates, currently they outnumber the Philly, Boston, and Detroit guys by a hundred lengths. Detroit is very low key, but from what I read they are stable and very much active in the Cosa Nostra circles, we have to remember that this is a secret society, the Families are not giving anything away we and law enforcment have to try to figure it out, I know Detroit is stable and has contacts across the country for a lot of things, and I would say the same for Buffalo as well. Now the Cleveland, K.C, and Milwaukee crews according to an FBI report released a few years ago were reporting to the Outfit in Chicago. Whatever remains in those locations reports to Chicago and falls under the Outfits umbrella as what was documented.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

The total remaining membership of the entire LCN in America is estimated to be about 1,000. At least 85% of that is in the northeast, with 70% belonging to the five NY families alone. Figuring in round numbers, New England, New Jersey, Philadelphia, and maybe Chicago each have about 50 members. Buffalo and Detroit each have about 25. Cleveland, Kansas City, Tampa, and Los Angeles each have about 10. Pittsburgh and St. Louis maybe 5 each. Only a few, if that, elsewhere in places like NE PA, New Orleans, Milwaukee, etc. Sal Vitale testified the Rizzutos had 19 guys who were made members of the Bonanno family. But obviously that wasn't the entire organization.

Originally Posted By: dontommasino

The Gambinos have had the most activity in Florida over the past decade. Cases involving Tony Pep Trentacosta, Ronnie Trucchio, Vinny Artuso, and John Gotti Jr. and their crews to name a few. The Bonannos had cases involving TG Graziano and Gerry Chilli, as well as Thomas Fiore who was a part of Chilli's crew. The Genovese had the Ruggiero crew bust, as well as the Miami ILA locals that were part of the 2005 RICO complaint against the union. The Colombos had some activity in the early part of the decade, with cases involving Joey Rutunno and a pump and dump stock scam tied to Wild Bill Cutolo, but nothing as of late. And basically nothing involving the Luccheses.

in the january mob bust they indicted a colombo capo out of florida who had some activities down there, he sounded liek a young sicilian guy

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: vinnygorgeous217
Well I think that outside of New York, there are some Families that are stable organizations that represent Cosa Nostra, or meet the criteria for RICO. In Philadelphia you had Joe Ligambi and a sound Administrstion. This Ligambi organization might go down as one of the most successful after all the plea deals for lesser sentences. I think the only one that is going to really get scorched is Joe Massimino after the state nails him for drugs on top of his federal sentence. Plus the Ligambi organization showed it could murder to silence anyone that proved detremental to the organization. If Ligambi and his guys did not get indicted and taken off the street with all these Merlino and Scarfo guys comin out, this Family definately would be a force to reckon with, they would have swept back New Jersey, and moved elswhere. The Outfit is obviously to me the most stable organization right now at the present time. John Difronzo has a sounder administration than Ligambi put together, plus the Chicago guys have loyal young blood and soldiers to do the dirty work, while all the older top bosses like Difronzo sit on their legitimate businesses. Plus Difronzo's administration are mostly Family, and lifelong friends. This family is so stable the FBI does not know how many members are bosses it has, it's really profit focused and low-key. In Boston the Patriarcas are pretty sound but seem to not be able to get things really organized. The reason being is that the men at the top were for years soldiers and muscle, and dont really have the finess and business savy mindset to make large amounts of money. The days of shaking down restraunters and bookmakers are over unless you have a large amount of manpower behind you. But I think the Patraircas were in good shape 10 years ago, they had a stable administration in Luigi Manocchio and Carmen Dinunzio. Both guys well respected and earners, one from the old Raymond Patriarca days, to a guy that came up under Tony Spilotro in Las Vegas. But after them there a group of wiseguys who made their money the traditional way, and the family has young blood, but not the type of blood to open legitemate businesses or run stock scams, they just terrorize people for cash. But the Patriarcas have alot of guys on the street, but Mark Rossetti flipping is going to diminish the family greatly. In New Jersey the Decalvalcante's remian a reckoned with LCN Family with an old school Sicilian Francesco Guarraci running the show, who reportedly takes alot of orders from John Riggi who mis doing life, and Guarraci has Joe Miranda at his side, a proven guy. For years New York and Philly crouched their turf, but in the last 8 years that has been a problem for outside Families in North Jersey. I give this Family credit, they lost most of their members in 2003 in that huge mob case that yielded alot of convictions and rats, but the Family reportedly has about 60 strong on the street with hundreds of associates, currently they outnumber the Philly, Boston, and Detroit guys by a hundred lengths. Detroit is very low key, but from what I read they are stable and very much active in the Cosa Nostra circles, we have to remember that this is a secret society, the Families are not giving anything away we and law enforcment have to try to figure it out, I know Detroit is stable and has contacts across the country for a lot of things, and I would say the same for Buffalo as well. Now the Cleveland, K.C, and Milwaukee crews according to an FBI report released a few years ago were reporting to the Outfit in Chicago. Whatever remains in those locations reports to Chicago and falls under the Outfits umbrella as what was documented.
]

frank guaracci got indicted/is in jail for trying to extort a pizzeria like 2 yrs ago in NJ
Posted By: moolou

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 09:42 PM

Hey Ivy, do you have any ideas on what happened to the Buffalo mob? Aside from getting kicked out of that union in the late 90s, they seem to have just faded away. I've never heard of them being hit by too many investigations. I'm not saying they're some sort of super secret family that has an iron grip on Buffalo or anything. They seem to have gone out with a whimper as compared to, say, the Cleveland crime family.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 10:09 PM

anyheard of the mob in scotland ?? there was a story the paper the sun , tht mafioso from scilily had been based in aberdeen n had bought a tradin company n years later got busted for cocaine smuggling

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 10:22 PM

That was a Camorra operation, run by Antonio LaTorre, brother of Boss Augusto, of the LaTorre Family.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 10:59 PM

With Chicago, New England, as well as New Jersey and Philadelphia, you're probably looking at around 3 or 4 crews each.

how many made men would 1 crew consist of?

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/28/11 11:21 PM

Well the Outfit is arduous to put down on a paper as a roster or oganization because of their secrecy. But New England right now has about 7 Regimes, with 45-60 made men reporting to each of the 7 Regimes. The Regimes and their leaders are...

Anthony Dinunzio, Vincent Ferrara- North End(In Town) Medford,Ma

Mark Rossetti- East Boston Faction (Bobby Corozza Acting Capo)

Anthony Spagnolo- Revere, Ma Faction

Joseph Achille- Rhode Island Faction

Edward Lato- Rhode Island Faction

Anthony Parillo- Rhode Island Faction

Anthony Ascenzia Jr.- Connecticut Faction

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/29/11 12:00 AM

yeh thats right lol

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/29/11 04:08 AM

in the january mob bust they indicted a colombo capo out of florida who had some activities down there, he sounded liek a young sicilian guy

You're referring to Reynold "Ray" Maragni. I think he's Italian-American. He was involved in the January 2000 Florida bust with Rotunno. I guess he's now running what the Colombos have going on down there.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/29/11 04:15 AM

Originally Posted By: moolou
Hey Ivy, do you have any ideas on what happened to the Buffalo mob? Aside from getting kicked out of that union in the late 90s, they seem to have just faded away. I've never heard of them being hit by too many investigations. I'm not saying they're some sort of super secret family that has an iron grip on Buffalo or anything. They seem to have gone out with a whimper as compared to, say, the Cleveland crime family.

Laborers Local 210 seemed to be the family's main source of power. Sort of like Local 394 for the DeCavalcantes. Once Local 210 was taken over in the mid-1990's, things seemed to have dried up to a large degree. Over the past decade there have been individual members of the family involved in some cases, like Thomas Marotta, Frank "Butchie BiFocals" BiFulco, Sonny Nicoletti Jr, Dominic "Sonny" Celestino, and Frank Frassetto. But really nothing showing a cohesive, formally structured organization. The Todaros are probably all but retired now and have plenty of money from their La Nova restaurant chain. That there are still even a couple dozen members left is probably due to the fact it's in the northeast as much as anything else.
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/29/11 01:14 PM

IVY, luzerne county in PA, with all the corruption you ever look into that..its boarders NY ..Big Billy Elia was the last one in the scranton/wilkes barres mob whatever that was called bufalino? I dunno

Originally Posted By: moolou

Laborers Local 210 seemed to be the family's main source of power. Sort of like Local 394 for the DeCavalcantes. Once Local 210 was taken over in the mid-1990's, things seemed to have dried up to a large degree. Over the past decade there have been individual members of the family involved in some cases, like Thomas Marotta, Frank "Butchie BiFocals" BiFulco, Sonny Nicoletti Jr, Dominic "Sonny" Celestino, and Frank Frassetto. But really nothing showing a cohesive, formally structured organization. The Todaros are probably all but retired now and have plenty of money from their La Nova restaurant chain. That there are still even a couple dozen members left is probably due to the fact it's in the northeast as much as anything else.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/30/11 07:21 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

IVY, luzerne county in PA, with all the corruption you ever look into that..its boarders NY ..Big Billy Elia was the last one in the scranton/wilkes barres mob whatever that was called bufalino? I dunno

Yeah, Ralph Natale was overheard on a bug talking about how D'Elia was the last member of the Bufalino family. Though there may be 1 or 2 other guys still alive. But the family is certainly gone. Even though it was always a small family, back in it's heyday the family was pretty strong in the labor rackets. And D'Elia was active up until recent years. He had a lot of contact with guys in New York, New Jersey, and Philly.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/30/11 12:21 PM

New england has approx 6-8 crews

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/30/11 08:53 PM

New england has approx 6-8 crews

If that's the case, I imagine each crew only has a handful of made guys. Which wouldn't necessarily surprise me at this point since several recent busts have included a couple made members and a bunch of associates. The thing is, on different charts we have the names of guys who have been captains. And some of them may still be. But the exact hierarchical structure is becoming harder to pin down in the smaller families that remain outside NY, including the Patriarcas.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:01 AM

Well the current hierachy of The Patriarca Family according to the FBI and Massachusetts State Police is listed like this.

OFFICIAL BOSS: Peter Limone ( 5 years probation)BOS
ACTING BOSS: Anthony "Tony" Dinunzio BOS
OFFICIAL UNDERBOSS: Carmen "The Cheesman" Dinunzio IP 6Y BOS
ACTING UNDERBOSS: Robert "Bobby" Deluca RI
CONSIGLIERE: unknown, not believed to have one since 90's.

CAPO Revere, Ma Faction: Antonio "Spucky" Spagnolo
CAPO East Boston, Ma Faction: Mark Rossetti(flipped in FBI custody) ACTING CAPO: Robert "Bobby Russo" Corozza
CAPO North End, Ma and Medford, Ma Faction, Vincent "The Animal" Ferrara with Anthony Dinunzio.
CAPO Connecticut Faction: Anthony "Tony the Beaver" Ascenzia Jr.
CAPO Rhode Island Faction: Joseph Achille
CAPO Rhode Island Faction: Anthony Parillo
CAPO Rhode Island Faction: Edward "Eddy" Lato UI

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:39 AM

if the outfits is as secret as u say ... how n why do u seem to have the information on them ? r u a groupie with some of them?

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:41 AM

ivyleague i dont believe in your posts , i think some of them r names u have long thought of in your head n put them on this forum disgracing it

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: rossato
ivyleague i dont believe in your posts , i think some of them r names u have long thought of in your head n put them on this forum disgracing it

Would you shut up? Not once on this forum have I ever lost my temper, but you really make me want to do so. In a few days, you've caused more mayhem, terrorized more people than VinnyGorgeous (former user) managed to in a lifetime. I try to treat this like a serious forum. A learning center, if you will. And it's very distracting when some people think this is Comedy Central with chat-speak. Clean up your act or get out.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:43 AM

Accidental re-post. Might as well add something.

Ivy, I don't exactly understand what happened with D'elia. He became a snitch, but on a very specific operation. Therefore he wasn't exactly ratted out all his fellow made men, right? Did the family just lose hope after that? I've always thought the Bufalino Family was a decidedly small family. Russell kept 40-ish made guys around, and I always think there has to be a reason. Maybe to keep a low profile? In any case, it hasn't helped the family survive. But they had a great run.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM

Would you shut up? Not once on this forum have I ever lost my temper, but you really make me want to do so. In a few days, you've caused more mayhem, terrorized more people than VinnyGorgeous (former user) managed to in a lifetime. I try to treat this like a serious forum. A learning center, if you will. And it's very distracting when some people think this is Comedy Central with chat-speak. Clean up your act or get out.

kudos to you bro, im saying the same thing about this freaking guy!

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:48 AM

uv lost you temper? why dude? i hope u find it , remember n use your magnafying glasses u small minded man wheres ur fun n banter? chill out n dont b so serious , lifts some weights screw your girlfriend more smoke a joint if it helps lighten u up smile

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:50 AM

Ivy, I don't exactly understand what happened with D'elia. He became a snitch, but on a very specific operation. Therefore he wasn't exactly ratted out all his fellow made men, right? Did the family just lose hope after that? I've always thought the Bufalino Family was a decidedly small family. Russell kept 40-ish made guys around, and I always think there has to be a reason. Maybe to keep a low profile? In any case, it hasn't helped the family survive. But they had a great run.

good point its kind of like the mikey franzese who didnt rat out his fellow made guys...

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:50 AM

dapper don do u have beef? u know il whipe the floor with u n then powerwash ur sad act face

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:51 AM

dapper don do u have beef? u know il whipe the floor with u n then powerwash ur sad act face

im not even going to waste my time with you and respond formally too childish

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:54 AM

yeah go waste ur time sitting on ur ass eating pizza thats all your good for , try putting on more interesting posts instead of the basic stuff u put on now

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:56 AM

good point its kind of like the mikey franzese who didnt rat out his fellow made guys...

Haha.

Yeah, sort of like Franzese. It looks like he just testified against a casino owners to close some cases. Maybe there weren't any made guys left? Who knows? Of all the families in LCN, the Bufalinos are exceptional for their under the radar behavior. That's excluding some stuff D'elia did, but overall. This is the family that was secretly leading half of the Buffalo Family a little before Stefano Magaddino's death - whilst Magaddino was representing them on The Commission. I haven't read the Frank Sheeran book but I hope there's more out there.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 01:58 AM

These guys are a bunch of humps...they ruined the mafia

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:01 AM

Hey Hey Hey

I think every1 is entitled to their on opinion, and some people watch something on the biography channel and all of sudden there an expert.

kudos to you bro, im saying the same thing about this freaking guy!

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:03 AM

Vinnygorgeous was funny,I didn't like his stupid ralph cipparotto picture thought it was kinda fruity, but yea he was funnny and knew some stuff..Rosatto isn't from the states he might see things a different way he knows some stuff gotta give him that
Posted By: Banwait

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:08 AM

yeah go waste ur time sitting on ur ass eating pizza thats all your good for , try putting on more interesting posts instead of the basic stuff u put on now

I don't think you understand that nobody here takes anything you say seriously.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:12 AM

and what have you done?

i dont have much time to contribute to the forum because unlike you i actually do something with myself and am in graduate school which just started classes back up last week

little guys like you make me want to keep checking the forum less and less often

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:20 AM

yeah with no proof no1 beleives u , mommy n daddy pay to have u go to graduate how sweet , a real man earns money everyday , not by going to graduate on momy n daddys money , yeh dicknose is right i do see things from outside the us , n i think there vaild points to be made, again... if u people cant take crisism what r u going to do everytime some1 cristises u ? ban them? call the cops? thats soft

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:24 AM

yeah with no proof no1 beleives u , mommy n daddy pay to have u go to graduate how sweet , a real man earns money everyday , not by going to graduate on momy n daddys money , yeh dicknose is right i do see things from outside the us , n i think there vaild points to be made, again... if u people cant take crisism what r u going to do everytime some1 cristises u ? ban them? call the cops? thats soft

once again your wrong, mommy and daddy dont pay a dime for me actually i go to a top ivy league school on a scholarship because unlike you i work hard and have a bright future

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:25 AM

Magadino was a snake, he didn't like joe bananas for a million reasons

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:27 AM

yeah well in my eyes ur a spoiled little brat who looks down on the working class man. i left school when i was 16 n went straight into a electricians aprrentiship , low n behold now im 22 fully qualified have been for 2years now n the moneys raking in smile how much money has it cost your mommy n daddy to send you to graduate?

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:28 AM

Dapper I got my B.A. from Temple, I was gonna go to Pace up in West Chester I couldnt afford it, what school u go to up there

D

once again your wrong, mommy and daddy dont pay a dime for me actually i go to a top ivy league school on a scholarship because unlike you i work hard and have a bright future

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:28 AM

magagino was bonnanos cousin , so ii dont believe that he didnt like him, they were family

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:29 AM

Yeah thats common knowledge

Yeah, Ralph Natale was overheard on a bug talking about how D'Elia was the last member of the Bufalino family. Though there may be 1 or 2 other guys still alive. But the family is certainly gone. Even though it was always a small family, back in it's heyday the family was pretty strong in the labor rackets. And D'Elia was active up until recent years. He had a lot of contact with guys in New York, New Jersey, and Philly.

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:38 AM

yeah well in my eyes ur a spoiled little brat who looks down on the working class man. i left school when i was 16 n went straight into a electricians aprrentiship , low n behold now im 22 fully qualified have been for 2years now n the moneys raking in smile how much money has it cost your mommy n daddy to send you to graduate?

i told you nothing im on a scholarship, my parents are immigrants from the DR who came here in the 80s,I am a self made man worked hard all my life

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:43 AM

Dapper I got my B.A. from Temple, I was gonna go to Pace up in West Chester I couldnt afford it, what school u go to up there

D

nice, temple is a good school one of my frat bros is in their dental graduate school, well because I want to maintain a level of anonymity online i wont tell you where i got to school now except its an ivy league school in a small town on the east coast and i got my ba from a small private liberal arts school in upstate ny, btw just so rossato knows and stops bitching this didnt cost my parents who immigrated here nothing i am all on scholarships, i was born and raised in the bronx am an american citizen

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 02:57 AM

yeah ur still not a working man . ur an imagrant n ur on a scholarship? u get your course fees paid for u dorm paid for u n everything? in my eyes that aint a working man thats a spoilt little bitchs life. in scotland u goty pay your own way through university
Posted By: Nicholas

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 03:33 AM

in scotland u goty pay your own way through university

Yeah? Well fuck Scotland!

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 03:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Nicholas
in scotland u goty pay your own way through university

Yeah? Well fuck Scotland!

LMAOOOOOOO

Re: The Families outside NY - 08/31/11 03:56 AM

listen to u 2 lol u 2 spoiled little brats probly dont work live of mom n dady , wouldnt know a days work if it hit on in the face

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/02/11 12:10 AM

rossato got banned thank god.

Anyways the family i have a question about is KC?? Some sources say they are still a active family with a heirarchy and 20-30 soldiers othere say they are defunct. Anybody have any insight on this family?

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/02/11 04:19 AM

KC is one of those Families. Certain people will swear till they're blue in the face that its still going strong, and that no significant indictments over the last few decades just means that wiseguys there have perfected the art of evading the law.

Although there may be a few made guys getting around (very slowly with canes and walkers) or a couple guys still keeping a book, it does not mean that there is still a formally structured heirarchy and organization. By this point, if anything the KC Family is a "glorified crew".

Having said that, there has been some recent charges and indictments centered around the Sansone brothers and their bookmaking operations. They are related to Tony Ripes Civella. Also, if I remember correctly, indictments involving a relative of Willie the Rat, although I may be wrong about that last one.

In any case, the days of a properly structured LCN cell are almost definitely long gone. I handful of bookies a Family doesn't make.

Check the archives dude; there's a bunch of stuff posted on the Sansone's and others. The search function really takes the work out of it. smile

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/02/11 07:21 AM

Some excerpts from an article in the Kansas City Star after the gambling bust -

"What’s accused here is exactly what Kansas City mob figures were convicted of a generation ago," said retired FBI agent Jeff Lanza. "However, on its face, it doesn’t represent a resurgence of the Kansas City mob to anything near what they were in our city’s past."

"All of the assets that made the mob what it was — the Teamsters union, political connections and ties to other families — are all gone," Ouseley said. "Whatever’s left doesn’t have access to the power sources that the Civella group had."

http://www.peepsplace.com/showthread.php?t=259320

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/03/11 04:01 AM

Almost missed this amongst all the gibberish that scottish cock-sucker was posting.

D'Elia's an interesting guy for sure. I could never quite understand how as an actual boss he would let the Family just disintegrate. Was there really not one guy he thought he could make in all that time?

Ivy answered some of my questions about D'Elia a while back, it was about the time they were moving him round different prisons a lot and the Louie DeNaples thing was still going on. You may well have read it already, but just in case it's;
http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=573048

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/03/11 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Almost missed this amongst all the gibberish that scottish cock-sucker was posting.

D'Elia's an interesting guy for sure. I could never quite understand how as an actual boss he would let the Family just disintegrate. Was there really not one guy he thought he could make in all that time?

Ivy answered some of my questions about D'Elia a while back, it was about the time they were moving him round different prisons a lot and the Louie DeNaples thing was still going on. You may well have read it already, but just in case it's;
http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=573048

I think I missed that post by BarretM too. If memory serves, the Bufalinos (like Pittsburgh) were one of the families that NY put a freeze on as far as making new members. So general attrition quickly took it's toll. And, as said, they were always a relatively small family anyway.
Posted By: moolou

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/03/11 08:34 AM

Why would the NY families do that?

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/03/11 04:17 PM

yeah what was the reason for the freeze i know they did that buy why?
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/03/11 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: phatmatress

the most stable fam outside the 5 is prob the outfit. philly and new england come in around or right behind them with the decavacante's bringin up the rear. detroit is almost defunct.

WHAT?
The Tocco family can be called the "most succesfull" crim family of the US.
No serious indictments in the past 10 years, no cooperating witnesses and all members are blood\marriage releted.
If you don't hear about them in the news it doesn't mean that they aren't out there making money.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/03/11 06:47 PM

Kansas City:
http://bitterqueen.typepad.com/friends_of_ours/william-cammisano

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/04/11 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: LuanKuci

WHAT?
No serious indictments in the past 10 years, no cooperating witnesses and all members are blood\marriage releted.
If you don't hear about them in the news it doesn't mean that they aren't out there making money.

i agree with ivy on this one.....the feds are just too high tec now for an active family to not have anything brought up. if they are out making money its not much

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/04/11 11:07 PM

WHAT?

If you want to believe that, it's your choice. But no indictments tends to mean little activity. More indictments tends to mean more activity. Why do you think there are always indictments in New York but none in Milwaukee or Denver?

And I'm aware of that Detroit mob video that came out, where the ad calls the Detroit mob the "most successful." But that really isn't true. Nor is the article about the family recently posted in another thread, which says they haven't slowed down. Not surprisingly, both come from some of the same sources.

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/04/11 11:08 PM

Maybe not, but I believe it shows that the rackets they are into these days are returning that much less, and are therefore considered less of an organised crime threat. Like Phat said.

Nobody's saying that Detroit is completely gone, just that they're a shadow of their former selves.

On another note, as much as I like Burnstein's work, I know that not everyone agrees with his opinions. Still, I personally believe the truth is somewhere in the middle; that is, they're definitely not as strong as some claim but not completely defanged as some others do.

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/05/11 02:05 AM

how could anyone consider the tocco family more sucessful than say the genevosee gambinos or even scarfo/bruno families????

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/05/11 04:03 AM

how could anyone consider the tocco family more sucessful than say the genevosee gambinos or even scarfo/bruno families????

True that. NY is like the template.

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/06/11 06:10 AM

Some people may say a family that is more quiet and less chaotic is more successful. Which is true to an extent. But today, relative inactivity gets mistaken for that too often.

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/06/11 06:05 PM

Its all a opinoin on what you think a successful crime family is. If its all about making $ then the NY families are the most successful. If u like to make a good living and stay out of the can some of yur smaller families wud b considered more successful . New England and Philly ( up to recently) are good examples
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/06/11 06:50 PM

Some people may say a family that is more quiet and less chaotic is more successful. Which is true to an extent. But today, relative inactivity gets mistaken for that too often.

It probably doesn't make any sense to say, but after the capture of that giant, almost mythical crocodile today I think everything is possible, even for the Detroit mob. wink

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/06/11 09:25 PM

Holy hell I just saw that crocodile thing. Thats insane. That croc is bloody huge!

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/07/11 07:10 AM

Supposedly, the infamous "Gustave" in Africa is at least as big, if not bigger, than the recently captured croc in the Philippines. You first see him at about 3:00 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDhEBgcPVtY

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/07/11 10:45 AM

Far out thats a big croc! We get huge one's too in my state (Western Australia) very dangerous. Haha never did I think we would discuss crocodiles on an organized crime thread!
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/08/11 05:44 PM

Supposedly, the infamous "Gustave" in Africa is at least as big, if not bigger, than the recently captured croc in the Philippines. You first see him at about 3:00 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDhEBgcPVtY

Gustave is estimated to be about 20 feet. He's likely the biggest one in Africa and possibly one of the biggest Nile Crocodiles ever, but there are saltwater crocodiles who are bigger than him.

If I had to choose betweem him and the one captured in the Philippines, i would put my money one the Philippines giant. But in Africa, Gustave is the capo di tutti capi where he rules with an iron fist. This SOB outsmarted the scientists and hunters who tried to capture him.

But we can better discuss this at this topic I made:

http://www.gangsterbb.net/threads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=613776#Post613776

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/12/11 01:25 PM

What's the LCN status of buffalo ?? Some people say they r dead some say they r still active

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/12/11 07:53 PM

What's the LCN status of buffalo ?? Some people say they r dead some say they r still active

The last decade doesn't show much in the way of a cohesive, viable family. They lost their main source of power when LIUNA was put under trusteeship in 1996. It was declared free of organized crime influence in 2006. There's been a handful of cases here and there, in both Buffalo and Rochester, but mostly involving individual members or associates. The Todaros appear to be retired for all intents and purposes. Them still having as many made guys as they do is probably due to them being in the northeast as much as anything. But I don't know how much stock I put in any current organizational charts. For me, they're on the "non-viable" list, right behind Detroit.
Posted By: HermitKermit

Re: The Families outside NY - 09/12/11 11:42 PM

I thought "Gustave" was that "tamed" white crocodile that was captured and now is in some zoo.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET