Home

John Gotti's Weight?

Posted By: JasonAnthony74

John Gotti's Weight? - 07/18/11 09:49 PM

I was looking at some old pictures on google of John Gotti over the years, and until recently, I didn't realize how chubby the guy was, especially towards the end of his reign as boss. He must have really enjoyed the leisurely life of being the "Dapper Don," because he didn't look like he did much physical activity. It's kind of funny because his underboss, Gravano, always kept himself in tip-top shape. You'd think Gotti would want to convey an image of strength and capability as boss.

I guess having underlings around to do your dirty work allows a guy to just relax and take it easy!
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/18/11 10:27 PM

I wouldn't call him fat. And to me, the word "chubby" implies a softness. That wasn't the case with John. I'd classify him as thick and powerful. They used to use the term "barrel chested" when describing a guy like him.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/18/11 11:43 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I wouldn't call him fat. And to me, the word "chubby" implies a softness. That wasn't the case with John. I'd classify him as thick and powerful. They used to use the term "barrel chested" when describing a guy like him.

Yeah, there's a difference in terms of weight/body type between a guy like Gotti and a guy like Massino.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 12:42 AM

How does chubby imply softness? Roy demeo and Massino were on the Cubby side but they were obviously more violent than gotti
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: JCrusher

How does chubby imply softness? Roy demeo and Massino were on the Cubby side but they were obviously more violent than gotti

He means physically soft, i.e. belly flab.
Posted By: JCrusher

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: JCrusher

He means physically soft, i.e. belly flab.

G0tti wasn't fat but he had some weight on him.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 03:26 AM

Ever see the mug shot of Gotti Jr from the 80's? It looked like he was on a steady diet of steroids. I never considered the elder Gotti fat, he had some cushion in spots, but not close to being fat.

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 05:32 AM

Yeah, his son was definitely trying to be mr. muscle man. But now the guy looks a little slovenly. So does the brother Peter. It must run in the family.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 05:32 AM

i truely cannot believe this is a topic.......

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 05:35 AM

The mug shot of John Gotti from 1964 shows him looking down right skinny or thin. The pic of Gotti from his last 1990 arrest shows him way heavier and filled out. Sitting around in social clubs, dining in the finest restaurants, and enjoying the leisurely life of a "boss" will do that to a guy!

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 05:37 AM

Believe it!
Posted By: 22

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 05:54 AM

phatmattress you crack me up
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 07:07 AM

Originally Posted By: JasonAnthony74
The mug shot of John Gotti from 1964 shows him looking down right skinny or thin. The pic of Gotti from his last 1990 arrest shows him way heavier and filled out. Sitting around in social clubs, dining in the finest restaurants, and enjoying the leisurely life of a "boss" will do that to a guy!
it dosen't take a genius to figure out that most Caucasian males are usually thinner in their younger age, and tend to gain weight in later years.....once again I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS A TOPIC!!!!!!

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 08:16 AM

Gotti's got some serious double chin action going in his mug shot from his December 1990 arrest. I bet Sammy Gravano could have kicked Gotti's A** had they gone at it mano y mano. A boss should stay strong and fit to keep his underlings in line!!!

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 08:17 AM

Originally Posted By: phatmatress
it dosen't take a genius to figure out that most Caucasian males are usually thinner in their younger age, and tend to gain weight in later years.....once again I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS A TOPIC!!!!!!

Gotti often wore jogging suits but I suspect that he did very little jogging!!!!
Posted By: SC

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 08:51 AM

A boss should stay strong and fit to keep his underlings in line!!!

Yeah, Carlo Gambino had to work out two hours every day so that his younger guys would keep in line. rolleyes

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/19/11 11:02 PM

I hear Carlo had some pretty impressive pec's......But his nose tended to draw attention away from them!
Posted By: Palomita20

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/20/11 03:39 AM

Did Gotti Sr. lift weights? Do most LCN guys lift weights? They look pretty stocky and don't mind fighting.

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/20/11 04:16 AM

I hear Carlo had some pretty impressive pec's......But his nose tended to draw attention away from them!
He had a roman nose, wonder if it's a genetic Italian trait.

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/20/11 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Palomita20
Did Gotti Sr. lift weights? Do most LCN guys lift weights? They look pretty stocky and don't mind fighting.

I think he lifted weights when he was in Lewisburg Prison in the mid-70's. But I read that he pretty much lived a leisurely life after that. In Marion, however, he did do hundreds of push-ups per day to keep fit.

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 07/22/11 11:48 PM

Very good documentary on John Gotti that has footage I haven't seen before. From the FBI files show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLAH5wRdBfA&feature=related

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 11/25/11 07:44 AM

He was still chubby...I'm just sayin'!
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 11/25/11 09:07 AM

This again LOL I heard Gotti was about 200 pounds on a 5"10 frame. While were at it, Castellano 270 on 6"1 or 2.
Posted By: ronnie_little

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 11/25/11 10:11 PM

Paul was big. I am 6'8" 312lbs.
Posted By: Ivan

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 11/26/11 12:00 AM

Is this thread for real, or some kind of weird attempt at humor?

I can't tell!

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 11/26/11 08:42 AM

Originally Posted By: ronnie_little
Paul was big. I am 6'8" 312lbs.

Is that real Ronnie?? Otherwise your a big guy! smile

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 11/26/11 02:11 PM

yup, I am a giany nicky

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 11/26/11 03:41 PM

haha now I get the "little" at the end of your name!

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 11/26/11 03:42 PM

Nicky thats really my last name. Sorry about hijacking this thread.

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 11/26/11 03:48 PM

IMO most mobsters are barrell chested or just out and out fat.

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 11/26/11 03:49 PM

Like Jack Garcia said, "They eat all day long and eat real good too".

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 11/26/11 03:52 PM

Yeah they sure have some nice restaurants to eat at though, all that nice Italian food! (if Sopranos is anything to go by)!
Posted By: DJN

Re: John Gotti's Weight? - 11/27/11 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ronnie_little
Like Jack Garcia said, "They eat all day long and eat real good too".
he should know, he probably paid for every check !!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET