Home

Colomboos are copping pleas to save time

Posted By: ONTARIO613

Colomboos are copping pleas to save time - 07/13/11 10:00 AM

The FBI and federal prosecutors have assembled such a damning case against the Colombo crime family, there's been a mob scene of wiseguys looking to plead guilty.

Of the 41 Colombos arrested in January during the biggest single-day Mafia roundup in New York history, nearly 25 percent already have admitted their guilt -- including two capos.

That percentage is expected to grow significantly in coming weeks, sources said.

The wiseguys are taking advantage of a significant "global plea" incentive offered by Brooklyn federal prosecutors -- admit your guilt and get nearly a year knocked off your prison sentence.

"It has a mutual benefit," said Vincent Romano, a defense attorney who represents four Colombos in the case.

In return, the courts don't get bogged down with a massive and prohibitively expensive mob trial, Romano said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/rush_to_capo_plea_qGkCWKp8nc4CTm94qpvrmN#ixzz1Rygu05IY
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Colomboos are copping pleas to save time - 07/13/11 12:23 PM

not surprised, i wonder what kind of pleas if any were offered to the administration
Posted By: Smokes420

Re: Colomboos are copping pleas to save time - 07/13/11 05:40 PM

It saves you time man so why not? I pleaded guilty and they knocked time off for me charges werent as serious as these guys though.

Re: Colomboos are copping pleas to save time - 07/13/11 06:03 PM

in canada we dont have rico laws and u do one sixth of your sentence if it is a non violent charge
I know a guy who worked a the monr=treal port and got caught smuggling 300 kilos of coke he did 2 years in a posh jail if it were in the states he`d be a lifer in a gritty dungeon
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Colomboos are copping pleas to save time - 07/13/11 06:23 PM

Jeez wiseguys have it good in Canada (when their not getting whacked). Who goes after those guys? Is there a Canadian version of the FBI?
Posted By: botz

Re: Colomboos are copping pleas to save time - 07/17/11 06:51 PM

Canada is under the united kingdoms crown i would think they would have scotland yard to do investigations if necessary
Posted By: Mussolini14

Re: Colomboos are copping pleas to save time - 07/18/11 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: botz
Canada is under the united kingdoms crown i would think they would have scotland yard to do investigations if necessary

LMAO, Scotland Yard in Canada and Canada part of the UK? You must have graduated at the top of your class eh?

Re: Colomboos are copping pleas to save time - 07/18/11 08:50 AM

Ya thats pretty ridiculous we have been a country since the 1867 conferation we do have and a governor general but they are merely figureheads as for nickyscarfos question we do have a federal law enforcement called the royal canadian mounted police RCMP and quebec has a provincial force called surete qebec while ontario has the opp ontario provincial police
the other provinces dont have there own provincial police
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET