Home

Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested

Posted By: mike68

Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 02:47 PM

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20110523_Phila__mob_boss_Ligambi_arrested.html

Along with Staino, Angelina, Lucibello, Monacello, others
Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 03:21 PM

Gambling and loan sharking lol. I guess they're hoping somebody cracks. Will it work? We'll see.
Posted By: TonyG

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 03:27 PM

Thanks for fast update Mike and I agree Vin - they will see if they can get anyone to talk or flip with the minor gambling charges.

However, as we have seen before, these type of minor arrests are sometimes the first of multiple indictments, ultimately working into a RICO charge of 3 predicate acts within the defined time frame.

I suspect the Feds are working hard on some of murders (Martorano) and this is their first move in a chess match.

I am betting on the Feds....they do not lose very often.
Posted By: BarrettM

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 03:27 PM

Honestly? I hope the charges don't stick. I'm no mob groupie, but if there's one thing we know about Phily, a boss going to jail can cause a mob war. A mob war in Philly causes the deaths of dozens. If Ligambi's reign has been relatively peaceful, that's the best Philadelphia can ask for.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 03:48 PM

The fact that they don't appear to have anything serious in this indictment leads me to believe they are in desperate need of cooperating witnesses. We all know they've been trying hard to put together a serious indictment and now after all this time, they still haven't done that. It's almost like the government is frustrated, they want to go with what they got and see if anything transpires. Maybe this is the first part of multiple indictments to come. It could very well be, but at first glance, this doesn't look very strong.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 03:50 PM

By the way, has Staino ever been in the can? I don't think he's even been convicted of a crime. This could be a shock to Staino. A lot of these big time moneymakers are too in love with money. They can't even do a year.
Posted By: PhillyKid

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 04:50 PM

Staino has never been convicted of a crime in his life....so if he pleads he might not get much time at all since he has no criminal history.

Even Lucibello...he's never really done any time at all. He beat all the charges in the Stanfa case and was off the radar before that.
Posted By: GerryLang

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 05:42 PM

They picked up Mousie Massimino too, he might be facing some serious time, because he has a long list of prior convictions. Borgesi must be kicking himself, he don't have much time left in prison, now he gets hit with this.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 05:47 PM

Anyone named Mousie would absolutely NOT be on my radar screen if I was investigating mob activity in Philadelphia. That name is an embarrassment to all parties involved.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 05:52 PM

Borgesi only got hit with a gambling charge, if he pleads out he'll be out by 2013 or 2014.
Posted By: 22

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 06:29 PM

I don't know I read that indictment I think Borgesi's case may be a little deeper than a couple of years.They have wanted this guy since 01.You know Staino was involved with that gambling ring with Rick Tocchet but nothing ever came of it.He just got married in September and the feds wanted pictures of the wedding guests.He looks like a nice guy but in some of those tapes he sounded like true goon.Ligambi had once said if he gets imprisoned he wants Johnny Ciancaglini to take over.
Posted By: Dapper_Don

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 07:31 PM

ahhhh Uncle Joe ggets taken down...

check out the video on my blog

http://fivefamiliesnyc.blogspot.com/

Dav S implies the feds said this is the first round of indictments with the next round including murders... obviously from this bust it looks like the feds are squeezing Borgesi to flip on his uncle with the threat of more time if he doesnt cooperate not far from being released

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 07:45 PM

You upset, Dapper? lol

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 08:00 PM

By the way when i said they wanted Borgesi since 01 i meant as soon as he got sentenced they were working to keep him in where ever he was going .forever.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 08:12 PM

Originally Posted By: PhillyKid
You upset, Dapper? lol

lol, it will be interesting to see of ligambi if/does go away for a while and if there is any violence that comes about from it, you know philly does have that reputation
Posted By: Mukremin

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 09:08 PM

Dont count on it, i dont see anyone in Philly risk a war for the top spot. Not a single death will result from this, even if Ligambi does go away.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 09:12 PM

LEAVE UNCLE JOE ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 09:18 PM

If he does go away it seems like Johnny Chang or Steven Mazzone would be the likely successor without much opposition.They are both off probation now and in a couple of years Merlino joins them.give Angelina a position down the road and eventually Borgesi gets out and there you have the young turks part2 maybe a little wiser,maybe a lower profile.
Posted By: phatmatress

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous
LEAVE UNCLE JOE ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!

i second that emotion! look the mob is always gonna be in nyc jersey and philly in someway shape or form. uncle joe has done the best job. considering what he has to deal with perhaps even a better job than bruno!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 09:53 PM

I am surprised no one has mentioned Skinny Joe yet! Crap, this paves the way for that idiot lunatic to reassert his control over Philly! Free Turkeys for everyone and media coverage for all other charitable events, except the drug dealing, extortion, murder, etc.

I am betting Skinny Joe is not the only one stupid enough to want the Boss / #1 Fed target on his back.

Come on folks, we all know the game. This is the first move by the Feds to build a RICO case, which locks guys up for life without a sniff of free air.

I know it, you know it and they know it.
Posted By: Sonny_Black

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 10:02 PM

It's a little suspicious now that Merlino's out, Ligambi's in. You could also see it the other way around though.

It's tempting to think that the feds want Merlino back on the street to nail him again, big time.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/23/11 10:42 PM

Merlino is no dummy, Tony. You're talking out of your ass. You don't becomes boss by the age of 32 and beat every murder charge by being stupid. Merlino is a sharp guy...is he a flashy guy? Yeah, no doubt about it. Most young, rich people are.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 12:10 AM

Merlino is no dummy, Tony. You're talking out of your ass. You don't becomes boss by the age of 32 and beat every murder charge by being stupid. Merlino is a sharp guy...is he a flashy guy? Yeah, no doubt about it. Most young, rich people are.

Philly - you are entitled to your opinion, just as I am mine.

I think Skinny Joe is an idiot, just like anyone else who chooses a life of crime, I mean "the life". But you go on and admire all you want.

Skinny Joe was not "elected" boss - he murdered his way into it like so many other Gotti like, knuckle dragging goons.

I have more respect for the strategic and tactical leaders (Costello, Gigante, Lucchese, Gambino, etc). I do not think anyone would characterize Skinny that way.

Please, share one if you care to enlighten me.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 12:25 AM

Skinny Joey, Lucky Luciano, Meyer Lansky and The Chin are riding in a car. Who do you suppose is in the trunk?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 12:50 AM

I think Merlino is a little bit lucky like the type that always comes out smelling like a rose.During the mob wars Colletti and another guy came across Merlino drunk passed out at the wheel down by Front and Callowhill.Colletti says to the other guy its your turn to shoot,so they pull up perfect scenario right,well supposedley this guy gets spooked and just keeps going.You never get a golden oppertunity like that.They say when Joey's dad went to prison he left 700 grand for his family that Joey eventually went through plus the 300 grand he ended up with after the armored car heist.How can a guy like that be a respectable boss.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 01:41 AM

By the way, did Ligambi make bail yet? I bet he's out lol.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 01:48 AM

all denied bail for three days until formal hearing to decide bail according to GA

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 02:03 AM

Yeah I just read it. The bail hearing is on Thursday.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 02:50 AM

Tony,

First off, I agree. Anyone who chooses a life of crime is an idiot.

However, you are off. He didn't kill his way to the top, the feds took down Stanfa and idiot supporters and that left Merlino and Natale. And during the war with Stanfa, Merlino was supported by the Scarfo guys inside and by most of semi-retired guys in south philly. Stanfa was a moron and not respected, he was simply a guy Gotti backed since Scarfo was taken down.

NY always chooses the boss in Philly. There have never been "elections". NY chose Bruno, they chose Testa, they chose Scarfo, they chose Stanfa...and the Genovese backed the Merlino faction against Stanfa and ultimately recognized Natale and Merlino as boss and underboss in '94.

I never said Merlino was a good boss nor did I say he was a good racketeer...he was a gangster. He knew LCN in and out thanks to his dad and he out-smarted Stanfa during the war and outlasted him..as well as Scarfo who also wanted Merlino dead. The guy is a survivor, and in this day and age, that's all you gotta be.

Gotti died in prison...Merlino got out before he was 50.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 02:54 AM

I doubt NY gives a motherfuck about Philly these days. NY has enough things to worry about.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 03:25 AM

Never said that they did, but they did in the early 90s when the Genovese and Gambinos were backing people all over the northeast because of the feud between Gigante and Gotti.
Posted By: IvyLeague

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 05:18 AM

This indictment originally being filed back in January makes me wonder if they had planned to do it at the same time the others were coming down in New York, New Jersey, and New England.

Here's the indictment itself -

http://media2.myfoxphilly.com/documents/pdf/Indictment%20052311.pdf

Defendant list -

http://media2.myfoxphilly.com/documents/pdf/ocrs%20philly%20takedown%20defendant%20list.pdf
Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 05:50 AM

Thanks Ivy.

Did I vote "yes" in Vinny's pole? I think I did.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 05:56 AM

Don't get a hard on over it Mickey. The guy's been boss since 1999. People have been saying the pinch was coming since 2002.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 06:28 AM

Some news videos on the bust -

http://www.philly.com/philly/video/VideoArchive.html?vgenre=g=mob-scene

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/breaking/Philly-Mobs-Gambling-Ring-Busted-Feds-122452779.html

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/crime&id=8146349

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 06:48 AM

There's another name that always manages to stay clear of this sort of thing and thats capo Michael Lancelotti.He's probably been a shooter in about a half-dozen hits,his name was on 1111 indictment and that was the Borgota gambling bust,but it proved to be a mistake and he was never charged.Speaking of which I am also surprised Anthony Nicodemo wasn't in on this.He does a lot of mob muscle work and it seemed like this was right up his alley.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 06:50 AM

That was oa typo error I meant 1 indictment.
Posted By: SC

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 06:55 AM

Please use the "Edit" function to make corrections to your posts instead of making a new post explaining any mistakes.
Posted By: spmob

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 02:43 PM

I am going to leave the Merlino topic alone...I lean more toward Merlino being stupid but this is about the Uncle Joe Case.
22...I was thinking the same thing. Lancelotti's crew wasn't involved in this indictment yet at all. There are a couple guys like that who weren't mentioned.

I read in the papers today that 3 did get bail but the rest are set for Thursday and Gaeton Lucibello has a court apointed attorney. He told the judge he has $55k and a $200K house that is split with his EX girlfriend and they owe $90K and he said "he doesn't know how that works". He said $55k aint doing shit for a Rico case so give me the court apointmented...and my bifocals...lol. For real he said that.

There are a ton of good stories on Philly.com if anyone is interested. I found some info in some of them I never knew. Like that Bent Lou once paid someone off to beat up Angelino. I didn't get that cause Borgesi was a much a part of Merlino's crew as Angelino and you would think he would intercede. Anyway, everyone knew they were gonna get Borgesi...they knew he was involoved with the Delco Nostra case. They want him to flip...or someone to flip so bad so that they can get more violent charges in the indictment. George Anastasia was talking about it yesterday on the news here in Philly. They are hoping someone talks.
From what I have read so far all they have on Joe is that his name was brought up on the wire tap saying "Joes mad, he wants his money". So its almost like hear say. Who knows if Joe told him to say that. Not that I think he didn't but you get my point. And the other thing they got is this fake company used to run the poker machines and the company name is the intials of Ligambi, staino and Mousise.
I wonder if the drug raids a few weeks ago will ever get brought into any of this. Because I didn't see any drugs or violence in the indictment so why would they even go after them yet if they didn't have a Part two coming...
Posted By: rg

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 03:43 PM

WOW.. Im actually upset uncle Joe and Staino got taken down.. I really liked these guys alot.. Does anyone have any pictures of the arrests..

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

You can really see the relieve comming from Anastasia's face at the end of the video. I think he was looking forward to this for a long time. smile

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 04:52 PM

Yeah spmob it doesn't seem like its a huge case until someone flips but no matter what it hurts.First of all these guys all hate when their routine is broken up.Uncle Joe up at 6 AM every morning walking his dog around the block talking business with Staino,who is also a newly-wed,now there is uncertiny in his future,and like you said about Lucibello and his court-appointed attorney.Not all of these guys make Ligambi and Staino money and even if you are making good money these lawyers cost a fortune,there goes all your profit.So even if they are not looking at 20-30 years their lives are definetley being turned upside down now.Even Ligambi's dog suffers,whose going to walk him now? PLus next week the shore season starts,bad timing.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 04:54 PM

The irony is that the mob feeds George Anastasia. It's like Coca Cola keeps the dental business alive. He's probably relieved it's not a serious indictment lol. Now he can keep going.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 08:48 PM

You knew if they didn't get them around the holidays they would get him before he has a chance to get to Margate/Longport for the start of the season....no Memories in Margate and the Geetor with the Heater for you no more Joe for a minute. I bet Jerry Blavat is pissed now...losing some of his profits not only from Uncle Joe and the boys but all the Saturday night mob watchers lol.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 09:21 PM

The only one i see flipping here is Staino.. I dont think he will. I truely hope he doesnt.. Staino should get the least amount of time.. I could see Ligambi .. 8 yrs.. Staino 5 yrs..

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 09:33 PM

Not sure why you think Staino would flip,he seems like a stand-up guy.Just had the typical big mob wedding with every wise guy from philly to New York there.It's not like he's facing murder charges.If anybody would flip it would be Borgesi,but then again if he does he's done.What's he going to do the rest of his life.Be a cook in a restaraunt in Iowa like Horsehead Scafidi.I don't think anybody will flip here.
Posted By: flamingokid123

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 11:13 PM

In the past few years alot of the mob guys were going to Memories in Margate alot less, Uncle Joe used to go before it opened and get his money from the geator. There is a new spot that has opened on ventnor ave called Johnnys Cafe, that is where alot of the mob guys are hanging now. It is owned by Johnny Tucker. He grew up with all those guys and i think he is related to the Grande brothers.
Posted By: thebarber

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 11:16 PM

i dont know as much about this family as alot of you guys do but i seriously doubt staino will flip. No priors he may get 3 yrs. He wuould have 2 be a real pussy if thats all it takes to flip him

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/24/11 11:28 PM

I never said he will , i said if i see anyone i would guess him but i doubt he will.. Go back n read it.. Tony Staino is prob my fav of fam along w uncle joe.. Guy is a whale.. Big earner.. All businesses.. Not for nothing, this is a joke of a case. You waited 5 yrs and this is all you have? Id rather leave Ligambi on streets than have Merlino n CO, running the show..

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 12:09 AM

In the Philadelphia Daily News today they said a lot of the charges are old, coming from the early 2000's. People here are talking about sentences of two or three years, but George Anastasia was talking about guys getting 12,13, or 14 years on FOX lastnight, especially those with prior convictions. He said he thinks the Government is hopting to flip Borgesi to build a bigger case.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 03:55 AM

Don't get a hard on over it Mickey. The guy's been boss since 1999. People have been saying the pinch was coming since 2002.

Actually, I voted "yes" & have a raging hard-on, thank-you-very-much. grin
Really I waffled on trying to hedge my bets. In any case, its like they got sick of waiting to try & pin any hits or serious violence on him & decided to come with what they got. Will it keep him off the street a couple?

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

You can really see the relieve comming from Anastasia's face at the end of the video. I think he was looking forward to this for a long time. smile
The irony is that the mob feeds George Anastasia. It's like Coca Cola keeps the dental business alive. He's probably relieved it's not a serious indictment lol. Now he can keep going.

lol lol

That is the one thing that always got me, how Bent Finger Lou got away with starting shit with Angelina. Im pretty sure Monacello
is a friend of George Borgesi's, while say what you want about Marty "My-gumad-beat-the-shit-through-me-&-took-a-chunk-outta-my-face" Angelina, he's a made guy from a way back, indeed the reputed underboss according to certain charts.
I guess Lou being in with Borgesi, to whom "Uncle Joe" is an actual uncle, as well as the myfox philly video's of Monacello meeting with Staino & Ligambi go a way into trumping Angelina & his Merlino faction pedigree. Plus Angelina being such a mook & all.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 03:56 AM

Thats what I think there Gerry.These feds have to be smarter than that.I mean they did this for a reason,if they get convicted if anyone of them gets as little as 2 years I would be shocked.Except for Staino these guys got major priors.Borgesi for example is on the tail end of a 14 yr. sentence for the exact same thing.Why this time would he get 2 or 3 years.Ligambi lucked out on a murder conviction appeal.Mousie is like that drunk Otis from the Andy Griffin Show,his bunk is already waitin for him.Angelina got 8 yrs.the first time and he has beat up 10 girlfriends since then,Canalacio[Damion]got 4 yrs.for selling drugs.For the life of me I can't see how they will just get a slap on the wrist.Not only that but if they get no bail they may be in just 2 yrs. waiting to go to trial.I think I would rather spend the summer in Margate instead of Graterford.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 04:11 AM

Any predictions from the forum?

Who will flip if any?

I think Staino is most likely to flip. He recently got married and has a newborn baby and is a businessman with no priors. he hasnt done time.

Borgesi is a gangster from the throwback Merlino era, I dont see him flipping. I read on a forum not sure if it was here or not that when the FBI arrested him the last time before he went in, they talked to him about flipping. He spit in the agents face when he brought up that possibility. Thats crazy!!!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 04:30 AM

Geez. I wasn't even clear on what was going on before the indictments, now I'm hit with this. I've never understood just what the fuss is about Bent Finger Lou. Why would an associate of the Delco Nostra ring, not even the leader attract so much attention or have regular meetings with Ligambi? What is the origin of his beef with Angelina? Just who beat up Angelina in that one photo? And I know Angelina was named official Underboss to appease the Merlino faction, was the same true for Steve Mazzone? Was Massimino ever with Merlino?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 04:57 AM

Mousie wasnt with Merlino, Im pretty sure he was in jail pretty much the whole time, but is really the only one to go way back. Bent Finger Lou seems to be a pretty adroit associate to be meeting with Staino & Ligambi himself, thats for sure.

& as DapperDon mentioned, my one prediction is George Borgesi. But like Vinny says, theres a few guys around Ligambi who have never done "serious" time, by which I mean over 10, 15 years

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 05:15 AM

Here's a Mob Talk video on Bent Finger Lou. Although it really only covers his invlovement in the Delco Nostro case, it go's a small way into explaining Monacello's threats againt Angelina. If you're anything like me but, you've already scoured through every episode.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/120409_Mob_Talk_Lou_Monacello

This very recent video contains discourse on who may be left to call the shots. Schratweiser also makes mention of the involvement of an undercover agent. A Donnie Brasco in Philly?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 05:49 AM

More news videos -

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/fbi-busts-philly-mob%2C-new-boss-named-52311

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/who%27s-the-new-philadelphia-mob-boss-052311

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/good_day_philadelphia/mob-talk%3A-the-day-after-the-big-bust-052411

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 06:31 AM

Antisocial Register: The indicted alleged wiseguys
Philly.com
May 24, 2011

Here's a rundown of the 13 Philly La Cosa Nostra alleged wiseguys and wannabes who were included in the 50-count superseding indictment released yesterday.

* Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi, 72

Residence: Packer Park section of South Philadelphia

Charges: Counts under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, conspiracy, obstruction, extortion and operating illegal gambling and sports- bookmaking business.

Accusations: Feds say the reputed Philly La Cosa Nostra leader and other defendants operated numerous illegal gambling businesses. They claim that Ligambi and his two closest associates ran JMA Video Poker Business, putting their illegal machines in bars, restaurants, convenience stores and coffee shops in the city. He's also accused of loan-sharking and extortion. Violence was almost always implied when it came to debtors.

History: The longtime mobster rose through the ranks of the Philly mob first as an underboss, then acting boss. When "Skinny Joey" Merlino was put away, Ligambi reportedly became the boss. Ligambi served 10 years for murder but was released in 1997, when the conviction was overturned.

* Joseph "Mousie" Massimino, 61

Hometown: Philadelphia

Charges: RICO, conspiracy and illegal electronic gambling and sports-bookmaking business.

Accusations: Feds say that Mousie and his associates ran an illegal gambling operation at Lou's Crab Bar, on West Moyamensing Avenue. He was also allegedly a partner in JMA with Ligambi.

History: Massimino was convicted of racketeering and other charges in New Jersey in 2004, but the feds say that the five-plus years he spent in prison didn't stop him from mob crime.

* George "Georgie" Borgesi, 47

Charges: RICO, conspiracy and extortion.

Accusations: Borgesi is Ligambi's nephew and is described as a high-ranking member of the Enterprise, even though he's been incarcerated for much of the investigation.

History: Borgesi was sentenced to 14 years in prison, along with Merlino, in 2001 on racketeering and conspiracy charges. He was to be released from federal prison in North Carolina in July. He was also tied to the Delco La Cosa Nostra case from 2008.

* Martin "Marty" Angelina, 48

Charges: RICO conspiracy, conspiracy, extortion and illegal gambling-device business.

Accusations: Marty, a mob underboss, is accused of operating an illegal video-poker business at the 1st Ward Republican Club, on Woodstock Street near Passyunk Avenue, with two other defendants.

History: Marty was a leader in the "Skinny Joey" regime. He was jailed in 2000 on racketeering charges, accused of being an extortion enforcer. He was also sentenced to probation last year for spitting in the face of a Margate, N.J., police officer.

* Anthony "Ant" Staino Jr., 53

Hometown: Swedesboro section of Woolwich Township, in Gloucester County, N.J.

Charges: RICO, racketeering, conspiracy, extortion, along with illegal gambling-device business and sports bookmaking.

Accusations: Feds say Staino, a partner in JMA, assisted Ligambi in controlling the gambling, extortion and loan-sharking operation. He often referred to the video-poker machines as "coffee machines" in conversations, feds say.

History: Staino is Ligambi's alleged underboss and is considered to be one of his closest allies. He is the nephew of former mobster Ralph "Junior" Staino.

* Gaeton "The Big Guy" Lucibello, also known as "Gate," 58

Residence: Philadelphia

Charges: RICO conspiracy, illegal gambling-device business.

Accusations: The Big Guy is a "made" man and a close friend of Massimino's. He's accused of helping Mousie conduct his affairs from prison, including collecting debts and extortion proceeds. The feds claim that he personally participated in two illegal gambling businesses at Cholly Bears, on 13th Street near Moyamensing Avenue, and DiNics, on Snyder Avenue near 15th Street.

History: The Gate is a former associate of mobster Frank Gambino and is a high-ranking member of the Enterprise. He was arrested on racketeering charges in 1994 and released from federal prison in 1996. Former mob boss John Stanfa wanted him dead.

* Damion "Dame" Canalichio, 41

Charges: RICO, conspiracy, illegal gambling-device business, llegal sports-bookmaking business.

Accusations: He's considered a "made" man in the LCN. The feds say Canalichio assisted in sports bookmaking and loan-sharking from prison. He allegedly described to one victim how he caught a debtor by surprise and beat him with a bat.

History: Canalichio, an ex-top aide of former mob underboss Steve Mazzone, is incarcerated. He was arrested by the FBI in 2006 for selling cocaine near the Melrose Diner.

* Louis "Bent Finger Louie" Monacello, 44

Charges: RICO, conspiracy, extortion.

Accusations: Monacello, a close friend of Borgesi's, is accused of helping his imprisoned buddy run loan-sharking operations.

History: Monacello, a top figure in the Delaware County-based gambling and loan-sharking enterprise, was sentenced in 2009 to 11 1/2 to 23 months in prison. He was caught on a wiretap paying money to have Angelina, a "made" man, badly beaten.

* Louis "Sheep" Barretta, 47

Charges: RICO and illegal sports bookmaking.

Accusations: Feds say Sheep extended credit and collected gambling and usury debts for the Enterprise, along with taking part in loan-sharking and extortion.

History: According to records, Barretta was charged with bookmaking in 2004, but it was unclear if he was convicted.

* Gary Battaglini, 50

Hometown: Clementon, N.J.

Charges: RICO, conspiracy and illegal sports-bookmaking business.

Accusations: Feds say that Battaglini was among many defendants who loan-sharked and used extortion to collect. In 2002, he allegedly told one victim to make a payment or he would "see a side of me you ain't gonna f---ing enjoy . . . 'cause right now I wanna f---in' put a bullet in your head."

History: He was charged in relation to the Delaware La Cosa Nostra case in 2008.

* Robert "Boots" Verrecchia, also known as Bootsie, 42

Charges: Illegal gambling devices and sports-bookmaking business.

Accusations: Boots is an associate of Massimino's and allegedly helped Mousie run illegal gambling operations and sports bookmaking at Lou's Crab Bar.

* Eric Esposito, 40

Charges: Illegal gambling-device business.

Accusations: The feds claim that Esposito was an assistant to Angelina and Canalichio, and that all three operated video-poker machines at the First Ward Republican Club. The club sometimes brought in $2,000 per day.

History: Convicted of conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine in New Jersey in 1995. He was released from federal prison in 2005.

* Robert "Bobby" Ranieri, 36

Hometown: Gloucester Township, N.J.

Charges: Conspiracy, extortion.

Accusations: Ranieri, described as an associate of Staino's, allegedly told an undercover officer not to "f--- with" Staino and to repay his debt. Ranieri is also accused with Staino of helping the officer produce a fraudulent IRS form.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsy...d_wiseguys.html

Photos of some of those indicted -

http://www.philly.com/philly/gallery/201...d_wiseguys.html
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 12:19 PM

haha that Gaeton Lucibello dude rocking some sean john and earrings!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 01:58 PM

I really don't know who is flipping. But you know there trying. There is a story about Staino in todays Philly paper. Hes the only one that has never been arrested and the wire tap they have him on was from 2003 where he threatened violence. If you go to Philly.com you can get videos from George and a ton of articles. And then on Fox...Dave Stratweiser has a bunch of videos as well and they do some stuff together.

Flamingo...I know not as many go to Memories but Phil and Joe still do on Saturdays a lot. It was really a joke. Johnny tuckers has had resturants down there for years. He still does Memories to sometimes.

I didn't realize that Lucibello did 22 months before his 94 mob trial and was then found inconcent. His lawyer said he is going to try to use that as well. His point being that these are non violent crimes they are accused of and basically your saying these guys are guilty not innocent until proven guilty. I think its against there rights really to deny a few of these guys bail. I think Ligambi has done the most time straight (10 yrs) out of all of them besides Borgesi. Thats why I would have to say Borgesi even with all his antices the first time. I think if hes looking at a lot of time he would be the first to flip. But with the charge they have I really dont see anyone flipping...but you know the Feds must have something up there sleeve.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 02:00 PM

Also on the news they were saying how the original indictment was handed down in 2009 and then again this January that just passed. And with all the stuff they have on these guys being old...something must have happened between then and now to make this a more legit case for the feds. Or at least they are hoping someone flips...I dont know but it should be fun to watch.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 02:19 PM

My predicition
1. Stevie Mazzone becomes acting boss
2. Staino flips
3. Ligambi gets indicted for murder
4. Ligambi works out a plea, but gets 20 years.
5. Merlino moves slowly back in to take over as boss.
6. Merlino/Mazzone get indicted and later convicted.
7. Michael Lancelotti takes over as acting boss.
8. George Borgesi is finally released and takes over.
9. Joseph Ligambi returns to the scene at the incredible age of 89.
10. Borgesi is murdered execution style outside his girlfriend's house in Des Moines, Iowa.
11. Ligambi takes over immediately.
12. Staino is located in Texas and murdered.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 03:50 PM

Why is nobody considering Lancelotti to become boss?

I really wonder if Staino will flip.. He will only get 2 to 3 yrs.. I could see Merlino and Company taking over and Staino being released and bad blood.. Borgesi is not flipping..

These guys who go into witness protection never get executed.. The guys dont seem to go after them.. It would really hurt to see Staino rat.. He is looking at 2-3 yrs here ..

This is going to be real fun and interesting to watch.. I want to see hwo takes over and how this case plays out.. Any word on Merlino?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 04:55 PM

Okay after having read that indictment page to page, this does not seem like a very strong case against Ligambi. He doesn't appear to be on many tape recordings, and although he may have said a few incriminating things, it's rather vague and the references to him aren't very clear. Maybe the government has some ace up it's sleeve, but at first and second glance, I don't see it. The fact that he's not being charged with any violent crime, he could very well get his lawyers to work out a nice plea with the prosecution and be home for the apocalypse in 2012. That is of course if the case is as weak as it appears to be.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 05:40 PM

I keep saying I don't think Staino will flip.He has no reason to.There is a future boss in waiting if there ever was one.He does not look it but they say he can handle himself really well[as far as being tough]That huge wedding he had wiseguy's down from New York he is very well respected.His wife has a hair saloon place in town.it would not be worth it for him to end up in the midwest.Anybody that ever went in these protection programs hate it.Years ago Lawrence Merlino,Nicky Crow regrets it till this day.You could even tell by the look on John Veasey's face,I don't care if he owned 10 car lots,I know he would rather be back here getting revenge for his brothers death..Nobody's flipping.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 08:58 PM

JUST IN.....Staino out on $1 Million dollar bail. 6 homes were put up; his wife, ex-wife, son, two cousins and a former police officer. But the Big Guy, or the Broke guy, Gaeton Lucibelo is held till trial...No Bail. It really must have come down to the fact that Staino has never been arrested and Lucibello was a former Captain and has been arrested for racketeering before.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 09:04 PM

He must really be a stand-up guy for his x-wife to put up house.The talk of him flipping is absolutely ridiculous.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 09:13 PM

This works out great for Ligambi. Staino can restore order out on the street while the other Ligambi loyalists spit on the feds. Literally.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: 22
Thats what I think there Gerry.These feds have to be smarter than that.I mean they did this for a reason,if they get convicted if anyone of them gets as little as 2 years I would be shocked.Except for Staino these guys got major priors.Borgesi for example is on the tail end of a 14 yr. sentence for the exact same thing.Why this time would he get 2 or 3 years.Ligambi lucked out on a murder conviction appeal.Mousie is like that drunk Otis from the Andy Griffin Show,his bunk is already waitin for him.Angelina got 8 yrs.the first time and he has beat up 10 girlfriends since then,Canalacio[Damion]got 4 yrs.for selling drugs.For the life of me I can't see how they will just get a slap on the wrist.Not only that but if they get no bail they may be in just 2 yrs. waiting to go to trial.I think I would rather spend the summer in Margate instead of Graterford.

I agree, I don't think the FEDS would go through all this trouble to give these guys a two year sentence. I love your line abou Mousie, it had me laughing my ass off. I've said here before, Mousie seems like a man destined to die in prison. With the current charges I really don't see anyone flipping, but if they come down with murder charges, we have a whole different ball game.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: spmob
JUST IN.....Staino out on $1 Million dollar bail. 6 homes were put up; his wife, ex-wife, son, two cousins and a former police officer. But the Big Guy, or the Broke guy, Gaeton Lucibelo is held till trial...No Bail. It really must have come down to the fact that Staino has never been arrested and Lucibello was a former Captain and has been arrested for racketeering before.

This surprises me, a million dollars bail for a guy with no prior convictions? It is not like he is being accused of a list of violent crimes or being a major drug dealer. Lucibello not getting bail is even a shock to me, because there is no violence in the indictment. I know guys who've been accused of attempted murder, and had prior convictions that had bails a fraction of what these guys are getting or not getting!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 09:56 PM

Well if they're holding Lucibello until trial then I doubt Ligambi or Mousie make bail...and definitely not Angelina, but that's not a surprise.

Out of the three I'd say Ligambi has the best shot, no convictions since '89. This is fourth time since '87 that Massimino has been indicted on racketeering charges and he has a rap sheet going back to the early 70s. Angelina was popped on RICO charges in 2000, got nailed for parole violations when he got out in '07, got hit with assault charges for spitting on that cop in '09, and recently spent the night in jail after that fight with his girlfriend...no way the judge gives him bail.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 10:08 PM

Barrett m I see where you said Staino can restore order the only thing is they may have to come to him,because i read where he got house arrest.Does anybody know exactley what the provisions are of that.Are you allowed to go to work.They always say Staino works but they never say where.Apparantley the rules must be strict because the judge said if he screws up these people lose their houses.So he might not be taking too many chances.Boy your right Gerry a million dollars seemed awful high.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 11:25 PM

I don't see Staino doing anything for the next thousand months, but being home and jerking off. I heard that If he fucks up, his family will send two gorillas to chop him up.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/25/11 11:34 PM

Few points and questions i have

Staino flipping is out of question...

When Staino gets out does he wash his hands w the gangster life n go legit like Angelo Lutz?

What happens now when STaino gets out in 2 yrs and Merlino n the crew are running? DO you see this as issue? Does Staino keep his title as Underboss under Joey to give a bone back to Uncle Joe?

How did Lancoletti not get picked up?

So basically Staino is gonna run the show until trial?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 12:03 AM

I personally think whether its Mazzone,Ciancaglini,or Staino at the top they will be ok.Has long has you keep Borgesi and Angelina out of the hiearchy things should when its all said and done run smooth.I think Merlino should stay in Florida because he brings too much heat to the table.You talk about a teflon don,Lancelotti must never talk or something,his only scrape with the law that I know of is when he punched that guy in the face right in front of a cop at Chickie and Pete's years ago,something about a women.Well Staino has a nice 2500 sq. ft.spread in woolwich twp.nj that he can roam around in.Uncle Joe should make a deal[plea bargain maybe get 3-5 yrs.out in 2 and a half] do his time and retire.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 01:27 AM

I wonder myself about that. Will some of these throw in the towel? Can a guy like Joe Ligambi decide "enough is enough" & retire? How does that work? Does he even have enough of a nest-egg to retire on after all these years? I mean, Cosa Nostra isnt exactly known for its superannuation scheme.

Guys like Staino, would he even be "allowed" to retire, as such? Like Vitti in Analyze This? Im actually serious but. For some reason I cant seem to imagine this happening in New York in decades past, but if it would ever happen, it'd be in Philly today.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 05:55 AM

I hear you there Mickey Meatballs,about not having that nest-egg,especially the guys in Philly is probably true.Maybe Ligambi and Staino do ok at the top but there was a big deal made at Staino's wedding a lot of the not so higher-ups complaining about the lack of cash.Plus I said somewhere earlier these lawyers literally charge an arm and a leg.Back in 01 the boys thought it was funny when Borgesi stiffed Bruce Cutler of I don't know how much[that's why they say he wasn't there for closing arguments].You go along doing good making money and then boom you get hit and that lawyer bill can wipe you out.I think these guys can retire if they want,but bottom line is you need money.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 06:25 AM

There is a great artcle on philly.com called ''the mob lives off its reputation and these video poker machines''That is it in a nutshell.Years ago Anthony''Tony Machines'' Milicia and his partner ''Peg Leg'' controlled these machines,Scarfo,Natale,they all tried to get their hands on them[Milicia was eventually shot but survived''but it finally took an offer they couldn't refuse from 3 dangerous men,Ligambi,Staino,and Mousie before they caved in out of fear.Supposetley they paid 70 grand to Milicia's sons for the business,a business that generates at least 75 to 100 grand a month.I'd say they got the best end of that deal,What were Milicia's sons going to do,one of them is a doctor for crying out loud.So there you have it.So basically while Ligambi and Staino kick back at home at nite people all over South Philly are making them rich playing those machines,that's the mob for you.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 01:54 PM

Staino will not be heard from. He is on strickt house arrest. New story on Philly.com about the bail hearings and the poker machines. Doesn't look like anyhone else will get bail.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/...ing_racket.html

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Mickey_MeatBalls_DeMonica
I wonder myself about that. Will some of these throw in the towel? Can a guy like Joe Ligambi decide "enough is enough" & retire? How does that work? Does he even have enough of a nest-egg to retire on after all these years? I mean, Cosa Nostra isnt exactly known for its superannuation scheme.

Guys like Staino, would he even be "allowed" to retire, as such? Like Vitti in Analyze This? Im actually serious but. For some reason I cant seem to imagine this happening in New York in decades past, but if it would ever happen, it'd be in Philly today.

Some guys have been allowed to retire. Michael Franzese, John Gotti, Jr., Joe Bonanno and a few others. Also, when people get high up in age, they're usually put on the shelf and get to live out the rest of their lives in some condo in Miami. A guy like Staino probably could retire, but I'm sure his friends would be disappointed. They'd probably eventually understand. The guy just got married and has a little baby. But them by granting him this favor, doesn't mean they can't use him. A lot of people believe the Colombos have been utilizing Michael Franzese for many years. He's even paid legal bills for a few high ranking guys. That guy is at the very least playing a fringe game. An absolute hypocrite if you ask me.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 04:16 PM

I have been on the fence with Staino retiring but i doubt it.. He looks like he loves this life and is a boss in waiting.. Ligambi prob will retire unless he does 3 yrs.. Have we heard anything from Merlino ??

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 04:24 PM

Spoke to Merlino about an hour ago. He was playing mini golf with his halfway house buddy Otto and didn't want to be bothered. I don't think he wants to be boss.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 07:47 PM

Uncle Joe: Bail Denied
Bent Lou: Bail Denied
Mousie Massimino: Postponed (I believe he is still looking for a lawyer)

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 08:25 PM

Job opening, Dog walker,where: Pennypacker park,hours:6:00 to 7:00 Every day[including holidays]Perks:good pay,rubbing elbows with the hiearchy of the Philly Mob On the downside:bitter cold winter mornings,maybe hit in crossfire,and last but not least don't be late.Now taking applications.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 08:26 PM

Yet Staino gets bail and he's the one hollering death threats on them tapes. Weird.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 08:36 PM

I hear ya Vin even though those tapes were from 2003...but he is the only who not only never did time but was never arrested. Mousie and Lou were locked up less then 2 years ago. Joe has been arrested and did 10yrs before overturned. Gaeton was a mob captain and has been locked up and arrested. I think thats the only thing that saved Staino. And it was $1 Million bail. If anyone in his inner circle would get bail it would be Staino. Angelina... I haven't heard when his hearing is but he will be denied to.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 08:47 PM

If anyone in his inner circle would get bail it would be Staino.

I'm aware of his squeaky clean record, but he's still the one on tape. Also, nobody is being charged with a violent crime. Even John Gotti made bail after being indicted for the John O'Connor shooting. That was not only a violent crime, but Gotti was on tape and he also had a long criminal record. These bail hearings make no sense to me.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 08:57 PM

Thats what makes me think these charges are a little more involved than people think.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 08:59 PM

Where do they keep the inmates waiting for trial in Philly?Is is that CFCF center there on State Rd.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 09:05 PM

We are all well aware...thats my point. That is the only reason why he received bail...and its $1 Mill because of that threat. Give me another good reason. And dude...John Gotti was 20 years ago...
My only point is, nobody in his inner circle would get bail in this case besides Staino. The other nobodys did but there not going to let the Boss out on bail nor known mobsters who have a criminal history nowadays here. Staino recieved bail because of his clean criminal history point blank. That threat was the only thing that Gregory Pagono, his lawyer, thought would hold up bail. And Pagano argued that the threat was from 2003 and no violence came of it. You don't have to understand it but that's the reasoning.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 09:09 PM

22....he def aint up state road at CFCF. Right now they would be held in the Federal dention center building on 7th and arch.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 09:11 PM

Hey spmob you know the judge was actually impressed that people were so wlling to put their houses up without any hesitation,that is pretty impressive.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 09:17 PM

It must really blow to be denied bail, because it could take ages to actually go to trial, like the situation with Tommy Shots in NYC, hes been sitting in a federal detention center for a few years now. This could be a tactic the FEDS are using to see if anyone cracks. I also think they didn't charge Merlino with anything, atleast not yet, to isolate him, or have other members think he might be helping the FEDS.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/26/11 09:21 PM

We are all well aware...thats my point. That is the only reason why he received bail...and its $1 Mill because of that threat. Give me another good reason. And dude...John Gotti was 20 years ago...
My only point is, nobody in his inner circle would get bail in this case besides Staino. The other nobodys did but there not going to let the Boss out on bail nor known mobsters who have a criminal history nowadays here. Staino recieved bail because of his clean criminal history point blank. That threat was the only thing that Gregory Pagono, his lawyer, thought would hold up bail. And Pagano argued that the threat was from 2003 and no violence came of it. You don't have to understand it but that's the reasoning.

I get the reasoning, but logically it would make more sense to keep somebody locked up when you got that somebody on tape making death threats. Even if it was years ago, it's still part of this case. Now, do I think he should've been denied bail? Hell no. As weak as this case appears to be, they should all get bail. Prior arrests shouldn't even have to be a factor. Especially in a case where there's no violence involved. As far as me bringing up John Gotti, who gives a motherfuck, it's an old case, but it gets the point across. Bail hearings have a way of being ridiculous.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/27/11 05:22 AM

Philadelphia mob used reputation and threats of violence to secure gambling racket
By George Anatasia
May 26, 2011

They didn't break legs, because they didn't have to.

They lived off the reputation of the organization and the gangsters who came before them.

And they made a lot of money.

That was the picture of the Philadelphia mob painted by federal prosecutors Wednesday at bail hearings for two top members of the crime family arrested Monday in a racketeering-gambling case.

"If the threats work, then the violence doesn't have to occur," said Assistant U.S. Attorney David Troyer, one of the prosecutors in the case who argued that the defendants should be denied bail.

Authorities allege that threats of violence allowed reputed mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi and his top associates to forcibly take over a lucrative video poker machine business and to extort gamblers, bookmakers, and loanshark customers for more than a decade.

Ligambi, 71, is the lead defendant in the racketeering indictment, which was unsealed Monday. He and two other associates have bail hearings Thursday.

On Wednesday, U.S. District Court Judge Timothy R. Rice accepted some of the prosecution's arguments.

Rice ordered that Anthony Staino Jr., who prosecutors said boasted on tape of being a "member of the board of directors" and the "chief financial officer" for the mob family, could be released on $1 million bail after six family members and friends agreed to post their homes and other properties as collateral.

Rice pointed out that Staino, 53, has no prior convictions. He also noted that while Staino was charged with making threats, he was not charged with carrying out any acts of violence, a point made repeatedly by Gregory Pagano, Staino's attorney.

The judge also appeared to be impressed by the willingness of those who knew Staino to literally put their homes at risk.

Staino, who lives in Woolwich Township, Gloucester County, will be on an electronic monitor and under strict home confinement that, with a few exceptions, amounts to 24-hour house arrest.

Gaeton Lucibello, 58, identified by authorities as a mob soldier, was denied bail and will remain in jail pending trial.

Rice said Lucibello's long association with organized crime and his two prior convictions for weapons offenses justified the bail denial.

Prosecutors are expected to make many of the same arguments at the bail hearings scheduled Thursday for Ligambi, reputed mob underboss Joseph "Mousie" Massimino, and mob associate Louis "Bent Finger Lou" Monacello.

The indictment charges Ligambi with heading an organization that used fear and threats of violence to fuel an extortion and gambling racket that generated a steady stream of cash for the organization.

Prosecutors offered a more detailed account of one of those extortions Wednesday, expanding on an allegation in the 50-count indictment that Ligambi, Staino, and Massimino took over a highly lucrative video poker machine business from two men who had inherited it from their father.

"They made them an offer they couldn't refuse," said Assistant U.S. Attorney Frank Labor.

While the indictment does not provide specifics, comments made in open court and information from other sources indicate that the mob took over the business once owned by Anthony "Tony Machines" Milicia, a legendary video machine distributor.

Milicia, who lived in Somerdale, became a millionaire through the poker machine business, often financing bar and restaurant purchases for individuals who paid off the loans in part by allowing Milicia to place his machines in their establishments.

Milicia, who died of natural causes several years ago, was an extortion target of mob bosses Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo and John Stanfa, but managed to avoid their advances.

In 1996, however, after balking at attempts by mob leaders Ralph Natale and Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino, Milicia was gunned down outside of Bonnie's Capistrano Bar at 13th and Dickinson Streets in South Philadelphia.

He survived that hit and eventually agreed to make tribute payments to the Natale-Merlino organizaton.

Ironically, the current indictment alleges that in May 2001, while Merlino and several of his associates were on trial for racketeering charges that included the extortion and attempted murder of Milicia, Ligambi, Staino, and Massimino muscled their way into the business that was then owned by his sons.

During that trial, Natale, who had become a government witness, testified about how lucrative the poker machine business was.

"Poker machines make more money . . . than even selling drugs," said Natale, who among other things was a convicted methamphetamine trafficker.

An operation like Milicia's, he said, with 50 or 60 machines, would generate profits of about $20,000 a week.

"They're in almost every bar in South Philadelphia," Natale said. "The profit on these machines is enormous."

Anthony Milicia, one of the sons, declined to comment when contacted by phone Wednesday.

"It's dredging up old history, I don't want to talk about it," he said before hanging up.

Both Labor and Troyer said during Wednesday's bail hearings that the takeover of that busines was an example of Ligambi and his associates using the reputation of the mob to intimidate and instill fear.

The indictment alleges that in May 2001, the FBI seized 34 video poker machines that were part of Ligambi's operation.

A short time later, the indictment alleges, "Ligambi, Massimino, and Staino approached the operators of another illegal electronic gambling device business and forced those operators to relinquish their illegal business for a fee that undervalued their business."

Before Wednesday's hearing, Pagano, the lawyer for Staino, said the business was purchased for $70,000. He described it as a legitimate transaction.

But investigators and other sources said the Milicia network of machines generated more than $70,000 in a month and that the value of the business was substantially more than what Ligambi and the others paid.

The transaction took place, Troyer said, after an intermediary approached Milicia's sons and told them "three men wanted to purchase their machines."

The intermediary, the prosecutor said, told them that these were "dangerous men."

Prosecutors said during Wednesday's hearing that Milicia's heirs, aware that their father had been shot and nearly killed, made the deal out of fear.

"If the threats work, then the violence doesn't have to occur," Troyer said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/122642549.html

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/27/11 05:50 AM

Video Poker Machines Are Like Mob's ATM
4 Mob Bosses Allegedly Tried To Tke Over Company
Dave Schratwieser
May 26, 2011

(News Video at Link Below)

PHILADELPHIA - Earlier this week, prosecutors announced a 50-count federal indictment against 13 alleged members of the Philadelphia mob.

The reputed wiseguys are charged with a slew of crimes, from gambling and extortion to threats.

Authorities contend that mob boss Joseph Ligambi was running an illegal video poker machine business.

We wanted to know more about that business, so we asked Fox 29's Dave Schratwieser to get to the bottom of it.

When it comes to the illegal business that fuels the local mob, federal and state investigators said to look no farther than the intersection of 13th Street and Moyamensing Avenue – you might call it the hot corner.

That's where the FBI and state investigators took away machines from three neighboring locations.

"That's what makes it go," said former federal prosecutor Barry Gross, who helped put behind bars four mob bosses who were all into video poker machines.

According to investigators, Ligambi, underboss Anthony Staino Jr. and other wiseguys had 86 video poker machines in more than 20 locations, usually two at a time, churning out money for the mob like an ATM.

"It would always come down to money – money and power," Gross said.

The power was in machines located all over South Philadelphia and on into Manayunk.

The mob's operating instructions are simple: "You have this machine, people are putting money in it, the payouts are low, the payouts are manipulated as to whatever number you want, whatever percentage. So, if you have a machine there, it's just a moneymaker. You don't have to do anything. People put money in, and you take the money home at the end of the day."

Where do the machines come from? Two years ago, investigators for the state attorney general's office and state police seized more than three dozen machines from a tiny garage on Mountain Street in the heart of South Philadelphia. The owner is now cooperating with authorities.

It's obvious the mob and the machines are a match made in heaven. The problem is the feds know that, too.

"You would hope that people finally get smart and stay away from this," Gross said.

Ligambi and Staino allegedly succeeded in taking over the company after three other mob bosses – John Stanfa, Ralph Natale, Joey Merlino and now Ligambi – tried and failed.

Merlino and Natale, according to Natale, even shot the late owner of the company, who survived that attempt.

Natale also testified on the witness stand that the company was so valuable it made $20,000 a week. He said it made more money than selling drugs, Schratwieser reported.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/Video_Poker_Machines_And_The_Philadelphia_Mob_052511

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/27/11 06:30 AM

Crazy isn't Ivy League.Their home sleeping making money hand over foot.Machines basically rigged not to pay anything out and the poor working man public is making these guys rich.Again only the guys at the top,the bottom rung guys are probably just getting buy.You know back to even Joey Merlino a degenerate gambler that lost all the time but never paid.You lose you you pay.Lowlifes like Georgie Boy make sure they get their money when you lose.I'm glad their squirming.Those machines make 70 to 80 grand a month and thats how much they bought the whole business for.Makes you wonder.
Posted By: jvanley

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/27/11 12:52 PM

Originally Posted By: GerryLang
It must really blow to be denied bail, because it could take ages to actually go to trial, like the situation with Tommy Shots in NYC, hes been sitting in a federal detention center for a few years now. This could be a tactic the FEDS are using to see if anyone cracks. I also think they didn't charge Merlino with anything, atleast not yet, to isolate him, or have other members think he might be helping the FEDS.

This is Classic Federal Investigation 101. Round up 10-15 wiseguys, try your very best to get bail denied for a few of them. Let them sit in the can and stew, visit them and tell them how "bad it looks for them", tell them others are flipping so nows there chance, blah,blah,blah.

If I were a Boss and they denied bail to one of my Capos I would be VERY worried. They try to make these guys sit in the can until the decide to flip.

In all honesty, its a for of interrogation. They keep them in a tiny holding cell in county jail, deny them the basics, basically make it as miserable for them as they can.

It used to be Bosses would worry when guys made bail so quickly, now they get worried when they are denied bail.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/27/11 01:31 PM

I heard that this morning 22. They said that Joe had 1.7 million is houses for him but he was denied yesterday. But today is Angelina and Mousie I believe. There is a new George Anastasia article in the Philly paper today or Philly.com. He said there is up to 7 cooperating witnesses. But from what I read, they don't seem to be mobsters. I just don't see anyone flipping in a case like this with no violence unless the feds have something coming. I know I keep saying the same thing but to me...they waited this long. Doesn't there have to be more? They were embarrased with Merlino's 11 year sentence...

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/27/11 01:44 PM

If anyone of these fucking morons flip over something as little as gambling and extortion then the mob is officially through lol. The cooperators appear to be civilians. Some guys these guys approached. If Ligambi has a firm control over this organization, he should be able to get everyone in line, wait and see what their chances are of beating the case.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/27/11 02:40 PM

I think one of the guys co-operating is the guy who owned that house on Mountain Street where a lot of the machines were found.Then you got ''Frankie the Fixer''Digiacomo,he is supposetley associate no.1 in the indictment the one with the 10,000 dollar debt that Ligambi says he does not hsve to repay.Then you got a photographer that Ligambi threatened to stop taking pictures
Posted By: pizzaboy

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/27/11 03:19 PM

If anyone of these fucking morons flip over something as little as gambling and extortion then the mob is officially through lol.

Yeah, that about sums it up. If a made guy flips over anything less than 20 to life, then it's really over. If a guy flips over being caught with a numbers sheet in his back pocket, they may as well turn everything over to the Asians and the Russians right now. This is a penny ante case that wouldn't have gotten any press at all prior to the Internet. It's hardly national news, and I haven't even seen it covered (except for maybe a blurb) in the New York papers. It's bullshit.

I'll bet that right now Ligambi can probably plea to 7 years or less, as long as he's willing to allocute to being a "member" of something. That admission is boilerplate in these deals today. The New York families have made it the norm. A boss admits to being part of a criminal organization without giving anyone up, he comes out with his stripes a few years later. It's one of the changes that's allowed the mob to hang on. Twenty five years ago it was unthinkable. Today it's the norm.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/27/11 03:28 PM

I heard about the legendary Anthony "Tony Machines" Milicia when I was a young buck. He supposedly drove around in a big caddy with a trunk full of money from collecting his slot proceeds. I also heard about him giving people money to open bars and restaurants, so he could put his machines in there and control any book making they did. He supposedly didn't scare easy, and was quick to tell a guy to go fuck himself, it seems his sons who most likely grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth didn't inherit that trait of their fathers.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/27/11 04:59 PM

Yeah Tony Machines and his partner Peg Leg were interesting characters,Machines must have used some of that money for his son's education because he is apparantley a doctor.Wow that must have been easy pickens for Ligambi and Staino muscleing in on that family.You know I see a lot of people think this is a nickel and dime bust compared to NY which it is,but not everthing is measured in 20-30 year sentences.If anything it gets them off the street for a while plus for now at least they took away their cash cow.Lawyers fees,I mean if this is all they had the Feds probably got tired of them making such easy money.They were all probably headed for the shore this weekend.It just seems like the Feds will go to any level to make these guys life miserable.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/27/11 05:09 PM

So without these poker machines would these guys made any money?

Also, do the new york families have these?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/27/11 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I'll bet that right now Ligambi can probably plea to 7 years or less, as long as he's willing to allocute to being a "member" of something.

7 years for Joe Ligambi's age is pretty long. I would not be suprised if he turns over leadership and retires if he gets a sentence like this.
Posted By: southphilly

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/28/11 03:18 AM

yeah they woulda made money but ligambi always was hands on with gambling operations.. even back to the late 70`s when he was around frank sindone he was picked up on a wire talking about loansharking.. i have heard around the neighborhood that anthony borgesi had said that the feds have already tried to flip his brother george.. borgesi violatile behavior is well known plus he already has a bad relationship with his uncle who is ligambi.. if borgesi goes bad that could be the final death blow.. he could have the answers 2 the turchi, billy veasey, dutichie avicolii, johnny gongs, felix bocchino,joey chang, sodano and a few more hits..staino hasnt done anytime closest he came was in 90 when he was a union offical in local 54 which the family controlled under scarfo.. it will also be interesting to see if scoops licata or mikey lancelotti get any say within the family now

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/28/11 03:23 AM

ligambi has money thrue real estate deals by straw purchasers also had an intrest in trash and towing companies

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/28/11 03:37 AM

I gotta imagine Nicodemo gets a bump, he's a tough fucking kid, he's only 39 but he's been around since he was a kid, very serious person he was shaking down a lot of people.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/28/11 04:19 AM

A couple of things there Philly Kid,do you rememember that gambling ring that Rick Toccet was invoved with in late 90's,they say Staino was the mob contact on that but yet has far as I know nothing ever came of that,do you know?Also about Nicodemo they say he started some shit with the Pagan's at a bar back in 95,apparantley making fun of them or something,I know it got smoothed over but maybe he is the man for a promotion.Also listening to Mob Talk tonite most of these guys are looking at 8-10 years thats why I said that this nonsense about them getting 2-3 years is a joke.Like Anastasia said the Feds always win the RICO cases because wiretaps and tapes don't lie.Can't wait to see what the hothead Borgesi does.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/28/11 04:45 AM

Mob Talk Video: The Big Bust

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/mob_talk/mob-talk%3A-the-big-bust

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/28/11 03:14 PM

Originally Posted By: GerryLang
ive gone thru trials and im a nobody and it took forever!!!!!!!! i originally sold narcotics to a state undercover narcotics agent in june 08 and never got sentenced until dec 10 anything like that takes a while its ridiculous id hate to see their idea of a slow trial if everyone is entitled to a fast and speedy trial.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/28/11 09:52 PM

salvtore scafidi just got out 2 months ago should be around 50 yrs old should be interesting to see if he gets back involved also philly narducci will be out next yr as well.... sal scafidi and joey merlino were best friends growing up.. i wonder if he will be forgiven for his brothers sins... also wierd to see both ant n joey pung in the real estate game in girard estates section of sp since being released

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/28/11 09:54 PM

the bonnanos were close to philly when joey was around esp tony graziano.... members of both the gambino and genovese families had contingents at ant stainos recent wedding... may be just a sign of respect for ligambiand staino because i know they both hate joey merlinos faction

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/29/11 02:56 AM

Interesting about Tore Scafidi He did his time down here in Florida outside Miami and he apparantley went into the halfway house in Miami when he got out.I thought that was kind of unusual but I figured he wanted to stay out of Philly because of his brother.But with him in Miami and Merlino in West Palm Beach what a coincidence,stay tuned.Joey Pung also did his time down here in Florida at Coleman right outside Orlando.I thought I heard on 1 of the mob talks that him and Anthony were also down here but I guess not.Speaking of Staino he should have just gone to his uncle Ralph for the bail money,I heard when he got locked up years ago he had over a million dollars hidden in his walls on S.13th ST.I can't wait to see what Georgie is going to do,if he gets hit with another 8-10 this could get real interesting.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/29/11 07:23 AM

Philly mob, once written off, has bounced back
CBS News
May 29, 2011

(AP) PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Just a few years ago, federal authorities thought they had the Philadelphia-area mob close to sleeping with the fishes: One boss had turned government informant, his successor was convicted of racketeering and the underworld organization seemed in disarray.

But a federal grand jury report unsealed Monday, announcing charges against the top two reputed Philadelphia mobsters and 11 others, paints a picture of La Cosa Nostra as alive and well.

Its 70 pages detail an operation that has rebounded and is thriving in some of classic staples of organized crime: sports betting, electronic gambling, coded conversations and violent threats.

"Despite the clear history over the past 30 years, there are people still willing to be involved in this type of activity," said Barry Gross, a former assistant U.S. attorney who helped bring down several city crime bosses. "These allegations seem to be in line with what they've always done. ... It continues."

The old-school hallmarks of organized crime are detailed in a report that reads like something straight from the big screen, replete with real-life characters who go by "Uncle Joe," ''Mousie," ''Bent Finger Louie" and "Sheep."

The report outlines a structured world of bosses and underbosses, where members are "made" or "straightened out" in a ceremony where a knife and gun are displayed, and the potential member must agree to be willing to use either of them to help "our friends." The guiding rule of this underworld is "omerta," the code of silence, the grand jurors wrote, and the penalty for violating that code is death.

The indictment alleges that reputed mob leader Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi, reputed underboss Joseph "Mousie" Massimino and 11 others engaged in loan sharking and ran illegal gambling businesses involving video poker machines and sports bookmaking.

There are no murder charges, but authorities allege the men used threats to kill or harm people to recoup business debts.

In April 2002, for example, two of the defendants went to collect "Uncle Joe's money" and one of them told the debtor that he was "capable of cracking" the victim if necessary, the grand jurors allege. In another instance a month later, two defendants allegedly told a victim they had repeatedly assaulted another debtor, once with a bat.

The indictment paints a picture of a classic world of coded talk, where illegal gambling machines — placed in coffee shops, restaurants and other places — are spoken of as espresso or coffee machines. Reputed mobsters and associates engage in and secret "walk and talks," the report alleges, having covert conversations on foot to hinder interception.

"Organized crime still exists in the Philadelphia area," George Venizelos, special agent in charge of the FBI's Philadelphia field division, said at a news conference announcing the charges. "It has not disappeared."

That's a different tune than authorities were singing several years back, especially after former mob boss Ralph Natale was sentenced in 2005 to 13 years in prison.

Natale is believed to be the first reigning mob boss ever to testify for federal authorities.

It 1999, Natale admitted he ordered or personally committed a total of eight murders in exchange for a shorter prison term. He later testified in four trials, including that of Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino, the man investigators say succeeded him as leader. Merlino and six others were convicted of racketeering and other mob-related activities but cleared on murder and attempted murder charges.

"He helped expose it and helped eradicate the La Cosa Nostra in the Philadelphia area," Gross said then.

In announcing the latest arrests, however, federal authorities described a revived and reinvigorated criminal enterprise that, Assistant Attorney General Lanny Breuer said, "has shown a remarkable ability to reorganize."

Edwin J. Jacobs Jr., an attorney who has represented Merlino and other alleged mobsters in the past, said prosecutors typically talk in cycles.

"At the conclusion of a racketeering case, the government will announce that they have delivered a fatal blow to organized crime," said Jacobs, who declined to address the latest charges specifically. "But when they indict the next case, they readily acknowledge a healthy and a vibrant and a powerful organization."

Gross said every past prosecution has hurt La Cosa Nostra significantly, but the potential for making money keeps people coming back.

"It's about the money. It's always about the money," he said.

One notable absence from the indictment is actual violence, something noted by a federal magistrate at a detention hearing for Ligambi and another defendant.

A decade ago, the last big mob indictment alleged three slayings, part of a bloody period in which more than 30 people were killed in gangland violence — starting with the March 21, 1980, assassination of former crime boss Angelo Bruno.

The latest incarnation of the city's La Cosa Nostra, authorities allege, rules based on past reputation and fear.

"What they're banking on is fear," federal prosecutor John S. Han said. "They don't need to commit actual violence."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/05/28/ap/national/main20067134.shtml

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/29/11 07:24 AM

Reputed Philly mob leader's arrest could put Merlino back in charge
By George Anastasia
Inquirer Staff Writer
May 29, 2011

Here's the big question circulating in certain circles in South Philadelphia:

With reputed mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi in jail with several of his top associates, who's minding the store?

Who's collecting the cash?

Who's keeping the loan-shark debtors current?

Who's emptying out the video-poker machines and putting together the tally sheets?

A 50-count indictment unsealed Monday that charged Ligambi, 71, with racketeering conspiracy, extortion, and gambling was built around the economics of the mob.

And while he sits in the Federal Detention Center at Seventh and Arch Streets, that economy continues to drive business in the underworld.

That, say law enforcement and underworld sources alike, is the primary reason someone will move to fill the vacuum created by what appears to be the end of the Ligambi era.

The most logical successor, those sources say, is in a prison halfway house in Florida, playing out the last six months of a 14-year sentence for racketeering.

The more things change . . .

Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino, 49, has told friends and associates that he intends to stay in the Sunshine State after his release in September.

He is working in a tile and floor-covering store near Boca Raton and returning to the halfway house each evening. Several people who have spoken to him say he hopes to get into the restaurant business.

To date, he has shunned the spotlight, letting everyone know he is not interested in speaking to reporters.

But South Philadelphia and the limelight were once part of his lifeblood, and there are those who believe he won't be able to stay away from either.

The piles of cash that come with heading a crime family may be a bigger lure than balmy weather and palm trees.

"There are a lot of guys out on the streets right now who weren't making any money under Ligambi," said one source familiar with the situation. "They figure now it's their turn to eat. They're loyal to Joey and can't wait for him to come back."

In the short term, several underworld and law enforcement sources believe, Merlino will stay behind the scenes, influencing the future of the Philadelphia crime family from afar. Two of his top associates, Steven Mazzone and John "Johnny Chang" Ciancaglini, are in position downtown.

Both were convicted with Merlino in 2001 and did jail time.

Both recently came off supervised court release and are free to move about and associate with whomever they choose. Both are experienced in the economy of the underworld.

Ciancaglini, 55, works at a news kiosk in the parking lot outside Chickie's & Pete's restaurant on Packer Avenue. He appears to be doing well. He drives an Infiniti SUV and can be found most mornings talking with customers who stop by the stand, including several mob members and associates. His wife, Kathy, who owns the kiosk, is often seen tooling around town in a Mercedes.

They live in a $350,000 townhouse not far from the newsstand.

Mazzone, 48, reportedly Merlino's choice to run the organization, worked for a time at a fitness center in South Philadelphia, but it is unclear how he currently earns a living.

Like Ciancaglini, he appears to be doing well. He drives a Nissan Pathfinder, is always impeccably dressed, and gives the impression that he doesn't have a care in the world.

Mazzone was Merlino's underboss, according to federal authorities, and helped run the family through a turbulent period that included conflicts with mob boss John Stanfa and later with ally-turned-nemesis Ralph Natale.

Ciancaglini is a veteran wiseguy, one of whose brothers was killed and another seriously wounded during the violent 1990s. His father, Joseph "Chickie" Ciancaglini, was a capo under mob boss Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo in the 1980s and is still serving time on racketeering charges.

A move by Merlino and his associates to fill the vacuum created by the arrests of Ligambi and his top guys would bring the saga of Philadelphia mob full circle. Ligambi took the top spot, authorities say, after Merlino, Mazzone, Ciancaglini, and several others were arrested in 1999 and 2000.

It also would be a bit of déjà vu, underworld style.

Merlino rose to power in 1995 after a bloody war with the Stanfa faction. The Merlino crew didn't win the war, but it took over by default after Stanfa and more than 20 of his associates were jailed in a federal racketeering indictment.

The feds have created a similar power vacuum with the arrest of Ligambi.

The question is whether Merlino, who enjoyed a high-profile run but ended up in prison the last time he was in this situation, wants to move back into the power seat.

Those who know him say he clearly would be interested in the financial benefits. But is he willing to take the risks?

Mobster-turned-informant Ron Previte offered a succinct - and, law enforcement sources say, dead-on accurate - description of Merlino during his high-flying days as South Philadelphia's celebrity gangster.

"Joey's agenda on Monday was to get to Tuesday," Previte said of Merlino's 1990s, live-for-the-moment underworld lifestyle.

Law enforcement and underworld sources wonder whether Merlino is smart enough to realize that Tuesday has come and gone.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/pennsylvania/122787709.html

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 05/30/11 03:25 PM

Can somebody give me the lowdown on the falling out between uncle Joe n George

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/01/11 02:52 PM

Agree with PhillyKid on Nicodemo.

Anyways, Angelina and Gary Battaglini made bail

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110601_Two_alleged_mobsters_get_bail.html

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/02/11 05:38 AM

Possible rift between Ligambi and Borgesi. Video and article below...

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/local_news/jailed-mob-boss-in-spat-with-relative-060111

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/02/11 03:52 PM

I guess Anastasia got it wrong yesterday...he has a new story in paper today. Angelina was denied bail and Ligambi is now using Edwin Jacobs has his attorney.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/20110602_Angelina_denied_bail_in_Philadelphia_mob_case.html

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/05/11 12:50 AM

Has anyone seen the latest mobtalk with Joe Ligambi wearing the "Top Job" t-shirt? Ha!

They also speak about Ligambi being caught on wiretap, which goes back as far as 2000, when he, Massimino & Staino muscled in on the video poker business. What's interesting me though, is that some of the tapes came from Frankie "the Fixer" DiGiacomo, who was wired for sound on an occassion where Bent Finger Lou Monacello actually brought him to Uncle Joe's house.

Bent Finger Lou might have some explaining to do, eh?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/05/11 02:06 AM

Has anyone seen the latest mobtalk with Joe Ligambi wearing the "Top Job" t-shirt? Ha!

They also speak about Ligambi being caught on wiretap, which goes back as far as 2000, when he, Massimino & Staino muscled in on the video poker business. What's interesting me though, is that some of the tapes came from Frankie "the Fixer" DiGiacomo, who was wired for sound on an occassion where Bent Finger Lou Monacello actually brought him to Uncle Joe's house.

Bent Finger Lou might have some explaining to do, eh?

Every time I see footage of Bent Finger Lou, I can't help but feel uneasy about the guy. If I was running a criminal organization, I wouldn't be going near this guy. I wouldn't be surprised if Ligambi went against his better judgment here and is now kicking himself in the head over this. If he's on tape talking about loan sharking payments, which he seems to have done here, then I'd seriously consider working out a plea. The good news for him is the fact that this isn't a very serious case. If he's lucky, he could get less than two. However, with the judge he has, that could be a stretch. We'll see what happens.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/05/11 09:47 PM

Vinny Gorgeous I like all your posts but I have to dis-agree with you here.One thing about me is when I am wrong I will say I am wrong,but if this case doesn't go to trial for a year ,year and a half,if he gets the sentence you said he will basically be free credited with time served.Can't see that.They say when you want to take your chances on a jury trial Jacobs is the lawyer to have,and that is who he switched to.Anastasia seems to think he will get the 8-10 and with this judge he'll do the max.Does everybody remember that one video where Bent Finger Lou meets Ligambi on his front porch and Ligambi is going off,that may explain that Ligambi figured out the Frankie''The Fixer'' was wearing a wire.The way I look at it with Ligambi is that he is playing with ''house money''.I mean this guy was doing life until they won a re-trial on Frankie Flowers murder.They had the same witness's, same testimony,but this time he walked,how many convicted murder's win a re-trial,so he should count his blessings no matter what.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/05/11 10:21 PM

Vinny Gorgeous I like all your posts but I have to dis-agree with you here.One thing about me is when I am wrong I will say I am wrong,but if this case doesn't go to trial for a year ,year and a half,if he gets the sentence you said he will basically be free credited with time served.Can't see that.

I'm talking about a plea agreement son. That's different from a trial. Look it up.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/06/11 12:53 AM

Vinny I know what a plea agreement is compared to a trial and I was only stating that he got Jacobs because Jacobs is a trial lawyer,that's all I'm saying the sarcasm is not necessary at all.I am 58 years old I do not feel like a son to you,I was telling you earlier that I admire your posts it was just my opinion.This is a forum a discussion I even stated I can be dead wrong,my goodness I was just looking to share an opinion.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/06/11 02:54 PM

How is Bent Finger such a big player and hes not even a made guy? They say an assocaite.. This guy had Angelina ( alleged underboss at 1 time) beat up and no punishment.. I dont get this.. They must really fear Borgesi..

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/06/11 04:01 PM

I gotta imagine Nicodemo gets a bump, he's a tough fucking kid, he's only 39 but he's been around since he was a kid, very serious person he was shaking down a lot of people.

I thought that Little Nicky was with the Lucchese's after the failed assasination. How is he going to get a bump?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/06/11 04:04 PM

Not Nicky Scarfo Jr, I'm talking about Anthony Nicodemo....

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/06/11 04:06 PM

You don't need to be a "made guy" to be a major player, guys who aren't ,made make just as much money or more than guys who are made, being a made guy is just a status thing...it's not really about money, but it can be.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/06/11 04:27 PM

He actually went ahead with having Angelina beaten? How did I miss this? I think it's more of a media thing. The media needs a poster boy for all the illegal gambling. Enough has been said about Ligambi. Enough was known about Bent Finger Lou to make him that guy. I'm sure he was about to get made, with his recent string of mishaps, he'll be a has-been.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/06/11 05:28 PM

Why is he a has - been? Once he gets out he will be right back in the game..

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/06/11 05:37 PM

Rg where was it known that Angelina was beat up on Bent Finger's orders?The only beating I know he took was a few years ago by somebody from the 10th and O gang.And they were all making fun of it because if a made guy gets beat up by an un-made guy that usually calls for drastic measures,but apparantley Ligambi called both parties in for a sit-down and made the 10th and O guy apoligize.They were saying nobody respects the Philly mob anymore.I'm pretty sure it happened at a club on Delaware Ave.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/06/11 05:45 PM

I am going to leave the Merlino topic alone...I lean more toward Merlino being stupid but this is about the Uncle Joe Case.
22...I was thinking the same thing. Lancelotti's crew wasn't involved in this indictment yet at all. There are a couple guys like that who weren't mentioned.

I read in the papers today that 3 did get bail but the rest are set for Thursday and Gaeton Lucibello has a court apointed attorney. He told the judge he has $55k and a $200K house that is split with his EX girlfriend and they owe $90K and he said "he doesn't know how that works". He said $55k aint doing shit for a Rico case so give me the court apointmented...and my bifocals...lol. For real he said that.

There are a ton of good stories on Philly.com if anyone is interested. I found some info in some of them I never knew. Like that Bent Lou once paid someone off to beat up Angelino. I didn't get that cause Borgesi was a much a part of Merlino's crew as Angelino and you would think he would intercede. Anyway, everyone knew they were gonna get Borgesi...they knew he was involoved with the Delco Nostra case. They want him to flip...or someone to flip so bad so that they can get more violent charges in the indictment. George Anastasia was talking about it yesterday on the news here in Philly. They are hoping someone talks.
From what I have read so far all they have on Joe is that his name was brought up on the wire tap saying "Joes mad, he wants his money". So its almost like hear say. Who knows if Joe told him to say that. Not that I think he didn't but you get my point. And the other thing they got is this fake company used to run the poker machines and the company name is the intials of Ligambi, staino and Mousise.
I wonder if the drug raids a few weeks ago will ever get brought into any of this. Because I didn't see any drugs or violence in the indictment so why would they even go after them yet if they didn't have a Part two coming...

Look at this posted by spmob.. Anastasia has said this several times as well..

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/06/11 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: BarrettM
He actually went ahead with having Angelina beaten?

No. After that severe beating he was given by that lady friend of his, Bent Finger Lou simply couldn't find it in him to go ahead with it. That bitch rearranged his facial structure and from what I'm told, had him screaming like a trapped Swedish girl scout inside the pedophile wing at San Quentin. I've also been told that ever since it happened, Marty's been like a sweet little puppy willing to please anyone and anything. It's amazing what brutal domestic abuse can do to a person.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/06/11 05:50 PM

Merlino, Chang, Mazzone have to be sick over what happened to Angelina.. He just turned into a trainwreck.. It looks like he lost his mind while his crew was in jail...

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/06/11 11:57 PM

Angelina has always been a trainwreck, even when they all were out on the streets. Nothing more than a drunk and a piece of shit.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/07/11 01:53 PM

I don't think that Lou ever had Marty beat up. I know I heard this through George Anastasia but he didn't say if anything ever happened. I doubt it did. Bent lou is just an associate but he has had that Delco Nostra book with Borgesi for some time. I think thats why Borgesi was pissed at Unlce Joe cause Borgesi's family wasn't be taken care of as good as he would have liked by Uncle Joe. That whole dynamic between Uncle Joe, Bent Lou and Georgie is pretty interesting. I never heard of Lou until the Delco Nostra case and then you see him with Uncle Joe a couple times.
And Angelina has always been a drunk looking for attention. Lets be honest here...Joey was a close second. Maybe he learned his lesson in jail, unlike Angelina whose been in and out, cause I haven't heard a peep out of him.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/07/11 08:40 PM

On a related note, for those who haven't seen it, here's a couple good reports on video poker machines -

http://www.state.nj.us/sci/pdf/video.pdf

https://www.utica.edu/academic/institute...16096CF5B58.pdf

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/07/11 09:01 PM

New Mob Scene on Philly.com by George Anastasia.

Its called "Who's the Boss?" You can find all the videos here.

http://www.philly.com/philly/video/

Basically, reiterates what we been saying. But he seems pretty sure that Merlino from Florida and Mazzone are gonna run things for now. Some interesting stuff and some other repetative but its a new one. Just came out today.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/07/11 09:16 PM

I think this set-up would work out good because Mazzone and Ciancaglini seem like low-key smart guys and keeping Joey at a distance sounds good.Eventually down the road however this thing plays out I would make Angelina and Borgesi soldiers at best.Their the loud mouth trouble-makers[especially Angelina]that law enforcement and probably other mobsters don't like at all.If anybody can bring you down its those guys.Will see.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/07/11 09:29 PM

I agree Mazzone and Johnny Chang will work out well. Both guys are smart and very well respected.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/08/11 02:52 PM

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/mob_talk/Alleged_Mobsters_Argue_On_Philadelphia_Street_060811

This is why the Philly mob is the most interesting and i love following it.. WOW.. Check this videeo out.. Mazzone is going crazy on Phily Ligambi and Anthony Borgesi right on the street corner.. Looks like Mazzone is the acting boss..... There may be another internal war on the rise in philly.. Check the video out.. whats ur take guys?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/08/11 05:42 PM

There isn't going to be a war, c'mon now it's 2011...

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/08/11 07:57 PM

I always love how the lawyers always say that their guys are not involved in anything,just hard-working people.I mean what else could they say its just comical.Man,Anthony Borgesi needs to cut down on the cheesesteakes he was blocking Mazzone out.Just another typical day ,holding court about money.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/08/11 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: rg
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/mob_talk/Alleged_Mobsters_Argue_On_Philadelphia_Street_060811

This is why the Philly mob is the most interesting and i love following it.. WOW.. Check this videeo out.. Mazzone is going crazy on Phily Ligambi and Anthony Borgesi right on the street corner.. Looks like Mazzone is the acting boss..... There may be another internal war on the rise in philly.. Check the video out.. whats ur take guys?

I don't think they were discussing the Philly's pitching staff and box score from last night.

It sure does look like Mazzone is doing all the talking, but whether he is laying down the law or defending himself, who knows.

I wonder how Fox got this shot - awfully lucky for some newscasters to pick it up, especially since they are usually in vans with the station name plastered all over it. Instead, I wonder if a citizen picked it up on their phone or if it was given to them by the cops / feds.

No way there will be a war. As Lucky used to say, it is hard to make money with a gun in your hand. Now, it is even harder with 24 hour Fed surveillance.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/08/11 09:07 PM

Great footage. Stevie's impressive. I almost fell in line just by watching it.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/08/11 09:15 PM

I almost fell in line just by watching it.

You fall in line?

Never tongue lol.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/08/11 11:03 PM

Great footage. Anthony Borgesi should have knocked him the fuck out. Unlike his brother George, Anthony is a an ace of a person.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/08/11 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: flamingokid123
Great footage. Anthony Borgesi should have knocked him the fuck out. Unlike his brother George, Anthony is a an ace of a person.

You know him? smile

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/08/11 11:50 PM

Yes i know him, but i have not seen him for a while. Anthony is a great guy. He was a regular at memories in margate for a long time, so was Phil Ligambi. I used to hang out with Anthony in the summer alot over the years. Unlike most mob guys he was a not a nasty motherfucker.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/08/11 11:56 PM

Yes i know him, but i have not seen him for a while. Anthony is a great guy. He was a regular at memories in margate for a long time, so was Phil Ligambi. I used to hang out with Anthony in the summer alot over the years. Unlike most mob guys he was a not a nasty motherfucker.

I have to admit, I didn't even know these two guys existed. Then again, I'm not from Philly and only watch the Anastasia videos from time to time. Are they made?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/09/11 12:21 AM

Im not from philly either, im from Jersey. Both guys are made.Anthony is a very low key guy, i know he is hook up in a few restaurants and he is involved producing low budget movies. There are a few low budget mob movies starring Sal Mazzotta that were produced by Anthony and Uncle Joe.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/09/11 02:35 PM

Uncle Joes son is trying to be an actor actually. Steven Mazzone is actually a pretty good guy to although it doesn't appear in the video.He is Not like Angelina and Merlino were. But I also saw them at Memories many of times. Phil has a house in Longport and Uncle Joe use to rent or stay with him I believe. I don't think Phil was even made until Joe got the big seat. I hear Anthony is a nice guy as well. Phil's kids are nice guys to. Phil's oldest son died when he was a teenager but his other two sons are very nice. I was kind of surprised to see Phil in the video actually.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/09/11 08:41 PM

Uncle Joe has 3 sons, Steven is the actor, Mark grad. from Villanova, and Joey jr. is a drunk. I only met Phil Ligambi Jr a few times, was a nice guy. He is very close with Anthony Borgesi. George Borgesi may hate his Uncle, but Anthony is very close with his Uncle Joe and the whole Ligambi family.I guess by that footage he and Phil are looking after Uncle Joe's interest. Like i said before Anthony is a great fucking guy.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/10/11 01:46 PM

Flamingo...Michael Ligambi pic was in the south philly review yesterday becuase its the aniversay of his death or his birthday...I forget. He was Phil's oldest son. He also has sons PJ and Joey. PJ is a awesome guy. I don't know Uncle Joe's sons that well but I know that one is always out and about and the one that is the actor in NY is steven like you said. Phil use to sit on the beach in longport at 33rd street. Not sure how much he will be down there this year.

But I haven't heard much else on the case or the new acting boss since the mazzone video but someone has to be picking up that poker machine money and the rest of it. Those poker machines are still everywhere and are still in every bar that was in the indictment.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/10/11 08:55 PM

Sp, i have met PJ Ligambi a few times and he was a very nice guy, PJ and Anthony Borgesi are really close.Phil Ligambi used to be a regular on fridays at Memories.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens in a few months with this change of power going to Mazzone.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/10/11 09:02 PM

Is the "PJ" you guys mentioning Phil Ligambi Jr?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/10/11 11:05 PM

Yes Phillykid, we are talking about Phil Ligambi Jr.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/11/11 04:49 AM

Thanks thats what I figured.

Quick thing though. I always hear that Phil Ligambi is a made guy...would that be referring to Phil Sr or PJ....or both? PJ has gotta be 40 now so maybe he got down while Joe was boss.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/11/11 07:09 PM

Why doesnt anyone talk about Lanceoletti becoming boss?

What will happen in 3 yrs when Staino gets out? How can he get in line behind Mazzone and Chang? Who will collect the video poker money then?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/11/11 07:43 PM

Lancellotti doesn't want the heat I suppose, I think he likes being in the background..I mean the guy has been in the inner circle of both Merlino & Ligambi and hasn't been indicted...I'd rather stay out of jail than be a boss these days.
Posted By: Johnny_Cakes

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/13/11 12:15 AM

These guys r some real knuckleheads! Mazzone gets out of prison, after doing a long stretch, and Fox News films him, not the FBI! This is crazy! Dave Shratwieser has some serious balls. I will give it to him. Mazzone is destined to do life in prison, he most not even care about his real family.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/13/11 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Johnny_Cakes
These guys r some real knuckleheads! Mazzone gets out of prison, after doing a long stretch, and Fox News films him, not the FBI! This is crazy! Dave Shratwieser has some serious balls. I will give it to him. Mazzone is destined to do life in prison, he most not even care about his real family.

Fox News up in Boston and the I-Team (CBS) in Chicago are also like that. Very aggressive about getting the story on the local mob.

Remember when they walked right up to DiFronzo?

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=6705293

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/13/11 04:39 AM

^^^ awesome vid, the outfit is a secretive org thats for sure
Posted By: NickyScarfo

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/13/11 05:45 AM

How many made guys do ppl reckon Philly have on the streets today? At their peak did they have about 60-70 guys?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/13/11 06:03 AM

Originally Posted By: NickyScarfo
How many made guys do ppl reckon Philly have on the streets today? At their peak did they have about 60-70 guys?

They've got about 25 or so members currently active on the street. So about half the family. The other half being in prison or inactive.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/13/11 01:51 PM

Theres a new mob talk on MyFoxphilly.com. Its Dave Stratweiser and George Anasastia. They have been going down the list of guys in the idictment. They talk bout Mousie, Borgesi and Angelina this time. They also get into Bent Lou and how Frankie the fixer was wearing that wire. Nothing really new just like there work.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/13/11 05:02 PM

Theres a new mob talk on MyFoxphilly.com. Its Dave Stratweiser and George Anasastia. They have been going down the list of guys in the idictment. They talk bout Mousie, Borgesi and Angelina this time. They also get into Bent Lou and how Frankie the fixer was wearing that wire. Nothing really new just like there work.

Good video footage though...

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/13/11 05:34 PM

Yes always! I love georges work but I like when George and Dave work together. Dave asks more questions that a regular veiwer would want to know while George really gets into the meat of the mob. Fox always does good investigative reporting here in philly at least.

In this video they go into how many years these guys could potentially get. I think thats a great dynamic in this story. Cause you got guys like Mousie whose been in and out of jail his whole life then theres Staino whose never been arrested. Then you have Angelina whose part in this case isn't that big but hes been in and out of trouble so much he could end up getting a decent amount of time.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/14/11 05:15 AM

Remember when they walked right up to DiFronzo?

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=6705293

For a guy who's 80-years-old, DiFronzo looks beautiful. I'd love to know his secret.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/14/11 05:54 AM

Nice talkin' to ya!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/14/11 12:52 PM

Had a dream about Uncle Joe last night. Me and him were cruising on Hollywood Blvd. when we got pulled over by the LAPD. Uncle Joe, who was driving, said he couldn't afford to pay any more tickets and had decided to give up Mousie. I was completely shocked and did not know what to do. Deep down I wanted to call Mousie right away, but because I was in such shock, I felt like I couldn't do anything. We drove down to the police station where Uncle Joe told them everything about Mousie. The last thing I remember is Uncle Joe laughing with the police officers and high fiving them like a cocksucker.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/14/11 04:28 PM

Had a dream about Uncle Joe last night.

I told you not to eat spicy food, then go right to sleep wearing your aunt Josephine's girdle.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/14/11 08:05 PM

New George Anastasia Mob Scene:

http://www.philly.com/philly/video/BC993063972001.html

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/14/11 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Had a dream about Uncle Joe last night.

I told you not to eat spicy food, then go right to sleep wearing your aunt Josephine's girdle.

You're absolutely right. That fucking girdle.
Posted By: Southphilly4ever

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/14/11 08:27 PM

I know Anthony Borgesi very well, hes a great guy as somebody else stated. Not only that but he would drop Mazzone in one punch but instead has to stand there and take it from a guy who wouldnt last a more than 3 seconds one on one combat.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/14/11 09:38 PM

I really enjoy his vids about Philly. Most crime journlists don't even bother of informing us that way and only want us to buy their books. So Anastasia is doing a great job, and I haven't even read one book he wrote, but I'm sure I will some time in the future. smile

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/14/11 10:11 PM

just saw that new Anastasia video,I know a lot of u guys in the beginning were going this is a waste of time these charges but it seems like there could be some serious jail time with all their priors.I doubt there will be pleas because unless somebody is willing to give up something big what would the state gain by a plea bargain.In 1 of his earlier videos Anastasia said with wire-taps and tapes you can't go wrong,its almost always a guarenteed victory.You can't cross-examine tapes.If someone came up to you at work and tapped you on the shoulder and said come with me your going to prison for 8 maybe 10 years,you would probably think it was the end of the world.That can be a long time ,depending on how you look at it.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/14/11 11:46 PM

yeah i agree sonny! he never promotes his stuff on mobtalk even if there isn't anything new going on he always finds something to tide u over with. for a while i was tired of hearing about the indictments because myself and alot of other people thought they were just rumors he was making up! my bad!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/15/11 12:00 AM

"You can't cross examine tapes" lol. I love it when people say that. Tapes in organized crime cases have often been a problem for the prosecution due to interpretation issues. So, tapes are not always a slam dunk. Far from it.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/15/11 03:17 AM

I didn't say they were Vinny,but it seems like these are ledgeable and anybody with a half a brain can figure out what they are referring to.We'll see how this thing ends up there Vin,but I sort of think that most of them will get what their guidelines call for.I am not a prosacutor,lawyer,nothing but an observer and I leave myself open to be 100 percent wrong.It's just my opinion.Do you have one on what you think the outcome will be,if so I would like to hear it.Yeah I rememember when the jury had a hard time understanding some tapes on Gotti but I guess it helped that Sammy the Bull bribed the jury.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/15/11 02:16 PM

I love George's stuff. I always try to post his new Philly.com Mob Talk videos on this site. He never promotes his books or his website. If you go to his website you can watch older videos. He also helps Dave Stratweiser on Fox on his Mob Scene videos and still write for the paper. Hes very easy to listen to and gives you what you are looking for. And hes been around forever. He knows his stuff.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/15/11 02:20 PM

Some of these guys are in there late 60s and 70s...so if Mousie does get 20 years...that basically life and if Joe gets 10...thats basically life cause hes like 72. Its going to be interesting as I said before because of the dynamic of these guys and there prior arrests, age and who they were actually loyal to and all.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/15/11 02:56 PM

Ligambi could probably get a pretty decent plea deal if he wants to and if he does decide to go that route, I don't see him doing more than three years. At first glance this case doesn't appear to be very strong and with a lawyer like Eddie Jacobs, he could very well walk out of that courtroom a free man. Now, I'm assuming the case is as weak as it appears to be. Who the hell knows. I just hope Lucibello gets rid of that fucking earring. He looks ridiculous.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/15/11 03:25 PM

Dont forget the Sean John Sweat suit homie! lol Gaeton is mean looking son of a bitch...so you can tell him about the earing. I do agree that they can fight this and win and with Jacobs that does appear to be what Ligambi is going for so I doubt he takes a deal. I guess you never know though. Some guys may take a deal but I dont see Ligambi doing that. I think he gets about 10 years or walks. Mousie...that dude will just go due his time I think....34 arrests..damn! He may take a deal cause hes looking at the most time. All and all...i dont know shit! who does...this could go so many different ways.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/15/11 04:30 PM

Gaeton is a monster lol..

I cant see how Joe feels he could win this case and walk.. He is the boss.. I mean cmon.. I would take a plea and take 4 yrs..

Staino is the only one i can see walking here..
Posted By: Cazzo

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/15/11 05:18 PM

Uncle Joe and his wife Olivia are some of the nicest people around South Philly. They lived around my corner up my grandmother's street. I used to play up there when I was 12-13 and Joe used to hook us up with snacks and everything. Great guy who has lived the "mob life" his entire life.

Steven is the nicest son out of all the three. He's an actor in NY and as a matter of fact I saw him a couple days ago. Great kid. Mark's also a very cool guy. He, for the most part, has his head on straight and works for an insurance firm. Joe Jr is a different story. He's a big drunk and has a beer belly that will make you cringe.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/15/11 07:00 PM

Is there anyone here who hates Ligambi? Why don't they just free him immediately. He's more loved than Jesus.

Fuck Obama!
Ligambi 2012

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/15/11 08:06 PM

Vinny, this is a great point.. The guy is beloved.. I love the guy.. I also love Staino as well.. All business...

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/15/11 09:51 PM

The mouth Borgesi has arrived,now I hope it gets interesting.He should have known better to do all that talking behind bars.They got like 10,000 intercepts on him,Like Jacobs said I know it has to be deciphered and all that but I think Georgie Boy is going to be watching the 2020 Super Bowl behind bars.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/16/11 02:10 AM

yeah it dosent seem like uncle joe has to many haters! good for him!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/16/11 01:46 PM

Here is the article on George by George : ). Right now he has a court apointed attorney at arraignment.

Mobster Borgesi pleads not guilty to racketeering
Sent from prison to appear in Phila. court, he was the last of 13 defendants arraigned in the case.
By George Anastasia

Inquirer Staff Writer

Making his first appearance in a Philadelphia courtroom in nearly a decade, jailed mob leader George Borgesi pleaded not guilty to racketeering charges Wednesday during a brief hearing in U.S. Magistrate Court.

Borgesi, in a green prison jump suit, nodded and smiled at nearly a dozen relatives and friends, including at least two underworld associates, who showed up for the pro forma hearing.

The onetime crime family consigliere is serving a 14-year sentence for a racketeering conviction in 2001. He waived the right to a bail hearing and, with court-appointed attorney Paul J. Hetznecker at his side, pleaded not guilty to the racketeering, conspiracy, and loan-sharking charges in an indictment unsealed last month.

Authorities allege that Borgesi oversaw a mob-connected loan-sharking operation in Delaware County from his federal prison cell in North Carolina.

They charge that Louis "Bent Finger Lou" Monacello, a top Borgesi associate, ran the street operation for him. Monacello made trips to visit Borgesi at the prison and, according to federal prosecutors, funneled part of the profits from the operation to Borgesi's wife.

Monacello, 44, is one of 12 other defendants in the racketeering case. The lead defendant is alleged mob boss Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi, 71, Borgesi's uncle.

Borgesi was the last defendant to be arraigned. On Friday, Damion Canalichio, 41, pleaded not guilty. He is completing a federal prison sentence after a drug-dealing conviction and, like Borgesi, was not eligible for bail.

Borgesi, Canalichio, Ligambi, Monacello, and three other defendants are being held without bail pending a trial that is at least a year away.

Six other defendants, including reputed mob capo Anthony Staino, 53, were released and placed under various forms of house arrest and other restrictions.

The racketeering indictment focuses on the economics of the mob, with the charges revolving around sports betting, illegal video poker machines, loans-harking, and extortion.

Unlike earlier racketeering cases, there are no murder, attempted-murder, or assault charges. Prosecutors allege that Ligambi used threats of violence and the violent reputation of the crime family to muscle his way into the video poker machine business and to extort and intimidate gamblers and bookmakers.

Testimony from cooperating witnesses and secretly recorded conversations from body wires and phone taps are expected to make up the bulk of the evidence.

Borgesi, reputed mob boss Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino, and five others were convicted of similar racketeering charges after a four-month trial that ended in July 2001.

The jury rejected several murder and attempted-murder counts that were part of the case, but convicted the defendants of gambling, loan-sharking, extortion, and the receipt of stolen property.

Merlino, 48, is in a halfway house in Florida, completing a 14-year sentence. The other defendants in that case have completed their sentences.

Borgesi would have been eligible for a halfway house early next year, but his latest indictment makes that unlikely.
Posted By: ONTARIO613

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/17/11 04:12 PM

It`s funny that artical in the inquirer mentions that quote " Video poker machines are the mob`s ATM"
well I recently watched a documentary on Moe Dalitz in Vegas Where it mentioned that in its heydey "Las Vegas was the mob`s Federal Reserve" This goes lenghths to show how the American Mafia has degenerated from sofisticated corporate racketeers to crude street gang like organizations They`ve gone from a central bank to a corner store ATM.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/17/11 05:43 PM

Back in the '50s, you had several guys who were worth at least $50 million. Lansky put $14 million into the Riviera. That's $85 million in today's money. I couldn't name you one mob guy who is worth this much money today. Maybe Jack Tocco.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/20/11 07:14 PM

Does anyone know eactly what businesses these guys were involved in?

I understand Chang owns the news stand..

I would love to know what Staino was involved in..

Bent Finger, Massimino, Lucibello...

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/20/11 09:05 PM

Actually Kathy Chang owns the newstand. LOL. She is very nice person I used to work with her at Memories. She still Bartends there. She is a sweetheart, I never met Johnny though. I think she also bartends at Chickie & Petes.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/20/11 11:38 PM

Yeah Flamingo I have always heard that Kathy Chang is pretty cool and I know she really stands behind him[Johnny Chang]My only thing is their husbands do what they do and let it go at that.I mean don't stick up for them and say what great guys they are and the old line [my husband would never do that,yeah ok].Even during that 01 trial she tried to paint her husband has a saint.She said my mother hit the pick 3 and hid the ticket in a trash can and couldn't find it but Johnny Chang reached into his wallet and handed her 1000.00 dollars.Nice gesture but he'll still put 1 in your ear if he has to.Same with Borgesi's wife,a lot of that delco money was funneled right to her and she played dumb during that 01 trial too.I mean it is what it is but people arn't stupid.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/21/11 12:04 AM

Actually Kathy Chang owns the newstand. LOL. She is very nice person I used to work with her at Memories. She still Bartends there. She is a sweetheart, I never met Johnny though. I think she also bartends at Chickie & Petes.

Yes kathy still works at Chickies and Memories during the summer. The news stand is in her mothers name. Both Johnny and Kathy are great people. Ive known them both all my life even before they both met each other and eventally got married.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/21/11 01:08 AM

Thanks for the correct info about the news stand.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/21/11 03:48 AM

I will say that out of all the mob guys in Philly I would say that I do have the most respect for Johnny Chang.He seems like he would make a great boss,I heard while he was in prison he used to settle disputes amongst the different gangs.It's like his word mattered.I know he's had it tough losing his mother,I think in 86,his brother in 93,his other brother severley wounded,and his father basically incarcerated since 83.I didn't want to sound like a hater in my last post its just sometimes the women say things that are just you know,but no dis-respect to him or his wife at all.They do seem like hard-working people.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/21/11 08:25 PM

Hey 22... I agree, Johnny Chang would make a very good boss.He is like Uncle Joe, in the way that everybody respects him.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/21/11 09:42 PM

Johnny Chang is higher up than any of these charts indicate to begin with. Like his father he is the true meaning of a stand up guy. He goes away for a long time, comes out and in a short matter of time Merlino and crew are locked away where he was during this time acting boss. Most of the charges Merlino and Co faced in the 01 trial were during the time Chang spent away but then a few months later he gets jammed up in a RICO act where he is tied in the Vesey murder, Instead of going rat he goes right back in and does his time.

Even the Rat Ralph Natale couldnt say a bad word about him when he was on the stand. Im sure as of how he is boss again especially considering he is completly off parole and can mingle with anyone where as Mazzone cannot.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/21/11 10:30 PM

If I'm not mistaken after he got out in 95 and before he went back in in 01 he wanted to get out altogether.I think it was either North or South Carolina he wanted to go and open up a constuction business but due to parole stipulatons he couldn't and then one thing led to another and he was right back in it.I believe his lawyer brought that up in the 01 trial.I never knew what his extortion charge was but when I looked it up he was involved with Stanley Branche a black activest back in the day.He was Major Coxson and Gus Lacey's buddy,that seemed like an unusual duo ,him and Chang.They were extorting drug dealers in the northeast making them pay street tax for Scarfo.Norman Lit turned informant on that,I remember that name[Joey Pungitore's buddy back in 86].Johnny Chang has definetley been around.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/22/11 09:23 PM

Whoever is the boss Mazzone or Chang,they should take a page out of Lancelotti's book. Whatever he has been doing for the past 20 years seems to be working.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/25/11 04:05 AM

Good Mob Talk. There's footage of Anthony Staino's house. Beautiful home I might add. This guy's stylin'.

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/news/mob_talk/mob-talk%3A-at-the-heart-of-indictment062311

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/25/11 06:30 PM

Staino is a gangster. Love this guy. Looks like all business. He's the cash cow of ligambi crew. Future bOSS

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/25/11 08:55 PM

Staino is no future boss, he will be only a soldier when he gets out of prison, Mazzone,Lancelotti,Nicodemo and Chang have more power than Staino. Bobby Ranieri was Staino's bodyguard and Driver and his main guy. Bobby left that life when he got married maybe 5 years ago, he was in the bust.He was indicted for crimes before he walk away from Staino.He is one of the gorilllas Staino brags about on tape. Anyway my point is he was not makin shit staino. Staino's power within the family has always been bullshit.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/25/11 11:23 PM

Staino is no future boss, he will be only a soldier when he gets out of prison, Mazzone,Lancelotti,Nicodemo and Chang have more power than Staino. Anyway my point is he was not makin shit staino. Staino's power within the family has always been bullshit.

Youre right on that account. People have to realize that Stanio holds such a high position because of his clean record and Ligambi and Stanios uncle Ralph made their bones together. Stanio has never been a real cash cow he just had the blood lines and started out as Ligambi's driver. Ligambi was smart to elevate him since Stanio has no record and is a great go between kwith a low risk rat factor. Stanio will see little time if convicted and wont rat but he will never be considered boss material until perhaps he hits his 70's and nobody is left.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/25/11 11:41 PM

I dont see how Staino has no power?

The video poker machines were the cash cow of the Philly Mob.. 3 people really benefited from that and that was Mousie Ligambi and STAINO..

So to say he had no power is crazy. If he had no power why was he one of the 3? This business also made him a ton of money. George has mentioned hes a cash cow as well. He meets Ligambi every week, runs South Jersey as well.. The underboss basically..

At Stainos wedding people from New York sent guys as well.. A major event, if he was a nobody with no power why did this happen? To say Nicodemo is more powerful is crazy..

Future boss? Yes .. When Chang and Mazzone go to jail.. Staino will be the guy out of jail and take over... Obv Lancoletti doesnt wanna be boss. So who else ???

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/26/11 12:55 AM

Staino meeting Ligambi every week does not make him the underboss, it makes him look more important than he really is.

The New York guys at his wedding were there for Ligambi, not Staino. Ligambi was his best man.

Staino is the boss of south jersey, I guess his is busy taxing those farmers in Swedesboro.Who is under his control, nobody except a bunch of misfits.Nobody really answers to him.

Staino is the type of guy who talks really loud on his cell phone so everybody can hear.He brags too much about who he is, cause nobody knows him.I have met him several times.

Anthony Nicodemo is the most feared on the streets.

Nicodemo is a real gangster and Staino is a guy playin gangster.

And if Staino is so smart why does the feds and nj state police have hours of recordings of him.

P.S. I feel so stupid wasting time talking about that jerkoff. LOL

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/26/11 07:05 AM

For the record, Massamino was cited as the underboss in the recent indictment. But Staino is definitely in Ligambi's inner circle.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/26/11 08:08 PM

Yeah it seems like Staino never really got his hands dirty,don't want to go as far as calling him a pretty boy but what was he ever involved in.No hits to my knowledge.And this being head of the South Jersey operation.what operation.What do they do in South Jersey.Hammonton is an Italian town that Ron Previte used to get a piece of everything in.You do not hear about Vineland that much,I think Horsehead Scafidi's uncles used to run that.He is definetley Ligambi's boy plus he has the bloodlines other than that,I don't know.Seems like he made a lot of money around Ligambi,could he still do it without Ligambi,I don't know.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/26/11 08:40 PM

What do they do in South Jersey.

Same thing they do in South Philly. For example, in February 2001, 21 Philadelphia Family members and associates, including acting underboss Joseph "Mousie" Massamino, were indicted in New Jersey on charges of racketeering, conspiracy, loansharking, and running a $30 million dollar sports betting operation. 5 years later, another gambling ring tied to both Massamino and Staino was busted. In April 2008, 24 Philadelphia Family members and associates were indicted in New Jersey on charges of running a sports betting operation out of an Atlantic City casino that handled $60 million in bets over a 20 month period, loansharking, and money laundering.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/26/11 10:23 PM

just thinking because south jersey and philly are just over the bridge do you think that adds double the police from pa and nj watching the philly family? snj and sp operate together in 2 dif jurisdiction.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 01:38 AM

You bring up an interesting point phat.

But you know what amazes me. This fucking thread! It's eight pages lol. Like I said earlier..I think the government should release Ligambi. This guy should be in Hollywood. I wanna see him do The Hangover 3 with Bradley Cooper and co.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 01:40 AM

The Borgata operation was controlled by Anthony Nicodemo.

Mousie has always had very strong tie to the south jersey area, Blackwood and Wash twp. Over 30 yrs.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 02:14 AM

Flamingo Kid you beat me to the punch on that.I was just getting ready to say Stain's name never came up once in the Borgata bust.The only time I ever heard Stain's name mentioned was that gambling operation with Rick Toccet,and nothing ever came of that.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 04:06 AM

Flamingo Kid you beat me to the punch on that.I was just getting ready to say Stain's name never came up once in the Borgata bust.The only time I ever heard Stain's name mentioned was that gambling operation with Rick Toccet,and nothing ever came of that.

Never said either Massamino's or Staino's name came up in the Borgata case. Michael Lancellotti was the biggest name associated with that one. The topic was about what the family had going on in South Jersey.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 04:20 AM

I don't know really anything about Nicodemio except the borgota stuff and he was the Suspected main killer in one of the 3 ligambi hits. Supposedly this got him straightened out. This info is all from George so who knows how true it is. Flamingo could u fill me in on this guy. Why is he never talked about on mob talk or mob scene. I hear about 10 other guys but I never hear him. Is he low key like lance?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 04:22 AM

New mob scene by Anastasia. Good video where he breaks down the "economics" of the mob....

http://www.philly.com/philly/video/BC1021153031001.html

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 01:49 PM

Staino-Ligambi mob case focuses on core business of loan-sharking
By George Anastasia
Inquirer Staff Writer
June 27, 2011

Reputed South Jersey mob leader Anthony Staino, arrested on racketeering charges last month, once told an associate that he was a member of the "board of directors" and the "chief financial officer" for the crime family headed by Joseph "Uncle Joe" Ligambi, according to federal prosecutors.

Unfortunately for Staino, the "associate" was an FBI agent posing as a man named "Dino" who had borrowed money from the mob.

In a conversation in 2004, Staino was trying to explain how important it was that the debt be repaid, according to an indictment unsealed May 23. So he let Dino know who he was and at another point told him: "Please, on my life, I like you. I don't want to have to [expletive] hurt you."

The self-description offered by Staino, 53, underscores the nature of the case pending against him, Ligambi, and 11 associates.

The 50-count indictment, filed in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia, is devoid of the murder and mayhem - the beatings, the shootings, the ambushes - that have marked mob cases.

But the charges, built around gambling, loan-sharking, and extortion, offer an inside look at mob economics and hint at the staggering amounts of cash - little of it subject to taxation - that a well-oiled mob organization can generate.

While they don't seem like much, illegal video-poker machines have always been a big part of that economy and were, according to the indictment, an enterprise that Ligambi and Staino used to line their pockets.

The numbers tell the story.

According to sources in the business, a machine placed in a good location - a popular bar, restaurant, or coffee shop - can generate $500 to $1,000 a week in profits.

In a typical 50/50 split with the proprietor of the location, a machine making $1,000 a week would generate $26,000 annually for the mob.

Prosecutors allege that Ligambi and his associates had dozens, if not hundreds, of machines throughout Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania suburbs.

Just 20 machines operating at the high end of the profit- margin scale could produce more that $500,000 in profits in a year.

The indictment alleges that Staino, under house arrest outside Swedesboro, collected the mob's take each week. Ligambi and several other key defendants in the case are being held without bail. All have pleaded not guilty.

The indicted charges that Staino and Ligambi also shared earnings from sports betting and loan-sharking.

"There's nothing better than shark money," mobster-turned-informant Nicholas "Nicky Crow" Caramandi once said of the mob's particular brand of money lending.

In an interview shortly after he began cooperating in 1988, Caramandi explained an interest-generating system that would be the envy of any credit-card company. A degenerate gambler himself, he knew how it worked.

Take a guy who owes $10,000 in gambling debts to a mob bookmaker, he said. If he can't pay the debt, he is sent to a loan shark with mob connections and borrows the $10,000, which he then gives to the bookmaker.

Now the loan-shark debt has to be paid.

Usually the money is lent at three points for 10 weeks. That means that the debtor has to pay interest of $300 a week. At the end of 10 weeks he will have paid the loan shark $3,000 in interest - known as the "vig" - and, if he hasn't paid down the principal, he will still be $10,000 in debt.

At that point, the loan has to be paid - or extended for another 10 weeks. At the end of a year, under that scenario, the debtor would have paid $15,600 in interest and still owe the loan shark the $10,000 principal.

The loan shark and his mob associates would, in turn, have put some of that $15,600 "back on the street" at three points for 10 weeks.

"A guy's got to pay, 'cause we're the mob," Caramandi explained.

Three decades later, authorities allege that Ligambi, at 71 a Caramandi contemporary, is still cashing in on that fact.

Prosecutors charged that he and his associates used the reputation of the organization - its history of murders and assaults - to intimidate gamblers and assert control in the underworld.

In one case, authorities allege, Ligambi, Staino, and reputed underboss Joseph Massimino forced their way into a video-poker operation in South Philadelphia, taking over about 34 machines at 20 stops.

The indictment says they paid $70,000 for the business, a mere pittance for what it was worth.

"They made them an offer they couldn't refuse," prosecutors said of what amounted to the extortion of the company owners.

In the late 1980s, mobster-turned-informant Thomas "Tommy Del" DelGiorno testified before the New Jersey State Commission of Investigation that gambling was "the wheel" around which all other organized-crime activities spun.

That hasn't changed.

"It's the lifeblood of the organization," added Ron Previte, a mobster who turned informant in 1999.

Authorities say Ligambi, who became boss around 2001, took the organization back to its roots, eschewing the violence and the headline-seeking celebrity that were the marks of several mob leaders, including Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino and Ralph Natale, who came immediately before him.

His approach: Make money, not headlines.

And while there are no annual board of directors reports detailing how much money he made, he and Staino lived in well-appointed homes, drove late-model cars, and never appeared to be lacking for cash.

"It's the same game, just different players," said Fred Martens, a former executive director of the defunct Pennsylvania Crime Commission.

"The bread and butter of the mob has always been gambling, loan-sharking, and extortion. Those are the staples."

Narcotics generate more cash, Martens said, but that business is fraught with problems - informants, violent rival drug dealers, and intense law enforcement scrutiny.

"It's like the difference between blue-chip stocks and junk bonds," Martens said. "Drugs are the junk bonds. You can make a lot of money, but the risks are high.

"The blue-chip stocks are gambling, loan-sharking, extortion. With them, you're always going to make money."

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/local/124580118.html

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 02:10 PM

I was on here before saying how Nicodemo is one tough son of a bitch and will always be a good soldier and earner who will move up but hes no boss. Hes a little bit of a hot head hot shot as well. He was the one all over the tapes from the Borgata case. So he did the same thing as Staino. Staino may be no boss either but he was def a right hand man of Ligambi...espeically when Mousie went away. The 3 of those guys were the guys making the most money.

And in regards to south jersey...south jersey is basically the new south philly in many ways. Washingtown Twp, NJ is called the little south philly. Many people moved out of philly. I mean south philly is always where it will be but the philly mobs main stays are old school rackets basically. Same stuff needed in jersey. Philly guys who moved to jersey rather do business closer to home thats why the south jersey rackets have increased and you see a presense in south jersey.

I think it was lanceotti and nicodmeno who had there hands in the borgata mix. Him and his crew do seem to say somewhat under the radar at least in terms of getting in trouble and doing time.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 02:37 PM

I'm not saying nothing goes on in South Jersey but I guess it definetley is more low key than the city.I know years ago they said a lot of the 10th and O gang moved out that way and set up shop at the club Adelphia by the mall in Deptford.I know Barrington is a big italian town along with the others you mentioned.Just to officially clarify my original statement is that I just don't think Staino has as much power as he thinks he does like one of the other guys said,and even though he seems like a stand-up guy I just don't look at him like a Johnny Chang.It just seems odd that he never really came through the ranks and for a guy supposetley as high has he is without any kind of arrest record is also a bit unusual.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 02:48 PM

Question for you spmob remember years ago that Billy Veasey hit.From what I understand all the boys played a role,Merlino,Borgesi,Chang,Angelina,and Lancelotti,everyone but Mazzone.His reason being that when John Veasey got out of prison if he found out who killed his brother according to Mazzone as crazy has he is he would definetley come after them.I remember when they said Merlino told Natale how it went down he[Merlino]was pissed that Mazzone backed out.I mean was that a minor thing or did that linger.It basically made Mazzone look like somebody with no balls.True?No big deal?Any thoughts on that?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 08:40 PM

I never said Staino wasn't very close with Ligambi, I said it did not matter that he is so close with Ligambi. Mazzzone, Nicodemo,Chang,and Lancelotti would never take orders from Staino.

Anthony Nicodemo is an arrogant, nasty prick. But he is one tough motherfucker, He is no joke.

South Jersey is to big of an area to be controlled by a few people.

I am from Wash Twp. and still live there, when im not down the shore.

Two leaders of the 10th and o gang do live in South Jersey. Genie Boy lives in Deptford and Johnny Garb lives in Mullica Hill.Both are very tough guys.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 08:57 PM

And 22 is right, you cant put Staino on the same level as Johnny Chang. No fucking way!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 09:14 PM

And I never said you could compare them. Never even mentioned Johhny Changs name. The Changs have been in the game forever and I agree that he is the natural leader. But to say that STaino has no leadership is not factual when hes been there for all of the reign of ligambi which really has been the best reign for the philly mob in a long time. You basically are agreeing with all I said except for the fact that you think Staino has no leadership skills because he was never locked up. You do know his family has always been involved...Junior was around forever. I do think Johnny would be a better boss then Stevie but Stevie is a stand up guy as well and was Merlino's choice from what we are hearing so I don't think there are any hard feelings. I never said Staino was boss material but I dont think many of the guys left are besides Chang and Mazzone that are on the streets.

My parents moved to Washingtown twp...i am still in south philly. I also know 10th and Oregon very well as my family have all hung on that corner when they were growing up. They don't control a certain area in south jersey. They are basically a drug gang in south philly only at this point that move stuff in to jersey as well. Most of south jersey like deptford, washingtown twp, sweedsboro, williamstown, etc that have rackets... are mob rackets. But there are also other people...like bikers in south jersey...that have rackets of there own. So it is to big to be controlled by one family but the philly mob has done a better job of it in the last 10 years and now we see NY moving in.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 09:50 PM

I really do have respect for Staino, I just think fox 29 gives him way too much credit.

But i disagree with you on south jersey. Most rackets are independent, with no ties to the mob.

Uncle Joe's low profile philosophy, didn't work either.The feds still got him. So that, I say i would rather act like Merlino and flaunt my power and money.

And I think the feds did Uncle Joe a favor, cause there were too many rumors of unhappy people in the family.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 10:11 PM

I know you guys are right on about Nicodemo,I heard years ago he started some shit with the Pagan's at a bar in Philly.Mouthed off about something,I was like did I hear that right.Getting in to it with the Pagan's is one thing but starting it,wow this guy does have balls.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/27/11 10:28 PM

I really do have respect for Staino, I just think fox 29 gives him way too much credit.

But i disagree with you on south jersey. Most rackets are independent, with no ties to the mob.

Uncle Joe's low profile philosophy, didn't work either.The feds still got him. So that, I say i would rather act like Merlino and flaunt my power and money.

And I think the feds did Uncle Joe a favor, cause there were too many rumors of unhappy people in the family.

to Uncle Joe's credit he was out on the street as Boss of the family for 10+ years making lots of $$$ in the process, that in itself is a relative success ESPECIALLY in this day in age.

On your other point, I would also flaunt it like Gotti/Merlino (not as open but def enjoy myself). If you know your going to go down anyways then why not enjoy your time on top/outside and live it how you want to live it?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 01:29 AM

What rackets are you referring to?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 01:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

to Uncle Joe's credit he was out on the street as Boss of the family for 10+ years making lots of $$$ in the process, that in itself is a relative success ESPECIALLY in this day in age.

On your other point, I would also flaunt it like Gotti/Merlino (not as open but def enjoy myself). If you know your going to go down anyways then why not enjoy your time on top/outside and live it how you want to live it?
whats the sense in making all that money if your not enjoying it? 10 yrs is a great run for a boss nowadays! totally agree dapper!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: phatmatress
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don

whats the sense in making all that money if your not enjoying it? 10 yrs is a great run for a boss nowadays! totally agree dapper!

exactly! when it comes down to it the main goal for these guys especially somebody like uncle joe is to earn a decent living for their families thats it, to provide for their wives and kids which I am sure he has been able to do this past decade.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 02:09 AM

yes the philly family gets overshadowed alot by NY. im not really up on the outfit that much but id def say they are up there with the outfit. i don't know how if you caught this weeks mob scene where george explains how much money the philly family was making off just one machine. and for joe to run a smooth sailing ship for that long while keeping murders down, you gotta give it up to him he really played his hand well!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 02:11 AM

yeah i got that mob scene up on my blog they were really raking in the cash and thats just joker poker machines, one racket! imagien all the other stuff these guys are probably involved in like drugs, obcourse loansharking, protection/street tax, extortion, etc.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 03:28 AM

Ivy... I just meant, I think the Philly Mob has almost no influence on South Jersey now, Unlike when Scarfo was in power or Bruno.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 04:07 AM

And another thing also, I think Uncle Joe gets too much credit for enforcing his low-key approach. Almost all the guys that were on the streets were low-key, except for Marty.

Marty Angelina was running around the City and Margate drunk and acting like an asshole,and If Ligambi was true to his philosophy, he would have him Clipped. Merlino is the real power.

Today I have finally said my first negative things about Ligambi.lol

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 05:32 AM

Funny how we always have a subtle popular contest running. I'd say Uncle Joe is bordering on a mancrush, with Staino at the Jar Jar Binks position. lol
Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 08:26 AM

People really go there to stalk mobsters that aren't the feds going down the shore to memories..thats funny, a little excessive....

First time posting on here

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 08:37 AM

Lol ...@ FLAMINGOS COMMENT Staino looks like he spends nights putting together model ships in a glass bottle what a dork..uses his bloodlines to have any influence if any. The video on Fox with staino giving bent finger lou a kiss on the cheek in front of ligambis house is sooo GAY...THOSE 2 R MADE FOR EACH OTHER

I WALKED BY GAVONES THE OTHER DAY WITH MY BUDDY AND WE WERE LAUGHING HOW MUCH MONEY WAS WASTED N HOW STUIPID THE WHOLE CONCEPT WAS ...LMAO

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 04:14 PM

New story by George Anastasia in today's paper. Uncle Joe wants out!

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110628_Ligambi_to_seek_release_on_bail_at_hearing.html

Joe Ligambi wants out.
Jailed since his arrest on May 23, the reputed mob boss will be in court Wednesday to argue that a federal magistrate judge erred when he denied him bail on racketeering-gambling charges last month.

Ligambi, 71, is the lead defendant in a 50-count indictment built around charges of gambling, extortion, and loan-sharking.

The alleged Mafia don, who traditionally spends long weekends at the Jersey Shore in the summer, instead faces the prospect of life in a 6-by-10-foot cell in the Federal Detention Center at Seventh and Arch Streets, pending a trial that is at least a year away.

In arguing for bail, lawyer Edwin Jacobs Jr. said in a motion filed in U.S. District Court that federal prosecutors and Judge Timothy R. Rice had given more weight to Ligambi's criminal record than was warranted.

Jacobs also argued that Ligambi's "alleged membership in the Mafia is . . . not sufficient to justify his pretrial detention."

Unlike previous mob racketeering cases, the charges against Ligambi and 12 codefendants do not involve murder, attempted murder, or other acts of violence.

Jacobs, one of the top criminal defense attorneys in New Jersey, has described the indictment against his client as "racketeering lite."

Prosecutors contend that Ligambi has headed the Philadelphia crime family for at least the last decade, and has used threats of violence and intimidation to run his organization. In arguing that Ligambi should be denied bail, they have cited both his criminal history and his role as a crime-family boss to justify incarceration.

In his motion, Jacobs has asked Judge Eduardo C. Robreno, the trial judge, to review the no-bail order.

Ligambi, Jacobs pointed out, has a 1988 gambling conviction built around a mob sports-betting operation and a 1971 conviction for selling untaxed cigarettes.

Described by federal investigators as a hitman for mob boss Nicodemo "Little Nicky" Scarfo, Ligambi was convicted with Scarfo and several others of the murder of Frank "Frankie Flowers" D'Alfonso in 1987 and sentenced to life.

But that conviction, Jacobs pointed out, was overturned on appeal and Ligambi was found not guilty at a retrial. He was released from prison in 1997.

Scarfo and the other defendants in that case were also acquitted, but they were serving lengthy prison terms on racketeering charges and remained in jail.

While prosecutors want to paint a picture of Ligambi as a major mob figure, Jacobs argued that his clilent "is virtually a first offender: His only serious conviction was on charges of gambling and resulted in a 31/2-year sentence over two decades ago."

Jacobs noted that Rice, in granting bail and house arrest for codefendant Anthony Staino, cited Staino's lack of a criminal record as a primary reason for allowing him to be free pending trial.

Federal prosecutors, who are expected to oppose Ligambi's attempt to get bail at Wednesday's hearing, may be forced to offer more details about the pending case to bolster their argument that Ligambi is a threat to the community.

Seven of the 13 defendants in the case - Ligambi, reputed mob underboss Joseph "Mousie" Massimino, alleged mobsters Gaeton Lucibello, Damion Canalicio, Martin Angelina, and George Borgesi, and reputed mob associate Louis "Bent Finger Lou" Monacello - have been ordered held without bail.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 04:27 PM

You gotta be kidding me.. So you expect them to let the MOB BOSS, the lead defendant, out on bail?? I cant see how they could..

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 04:30 PM

Me either...and...They won't!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 05:20 PM

I doubt very much they will. He's got a tough judge also. And even if they did let him out, he's probably gonna have to stay inside at all times. I don't even see him getting permission to mow the lawn. These house arrest conditions are becoming worse than being in the hole. If I was this guy, I'd write a letter to the judge and politely ask to be sent to Supermax in Colorado. Say you're writing a book about the penal system. Use reverse psychology.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 08:31 PM

He better not get out. I got his house, I have his Shore house now until Labor Day.
Posted By: jbvolts

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 09:14 PM

wow u guys know alot about this where you guys from ? do you hang at the same places ? do you know them ?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 09:44 PM

I have to say Margate feels alot safer with Uncle Joe behind bars. lol

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/28/11 09:49 PM

I think he should be released its just ganmbling and loansharking and the RICO stature no real violence no violent priors no previous breaches of bail he should be released.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/29/11 04:33 AM

Mousie was the only one that got his hands dirty, despite going in and out of jail. I mean yeah he likes to beat on his girlfriend in public at Quattro. I beat him at pool once the guys an asshole, he can beat his dick all summer with bent dick lou licking his asshole.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/29/11 04:35 AM

Vinny G get rid of that ralph ciparetto picture that guys a cocksucker just like bentdick Lou. Joe is a nice guy, he looks like a jew ( DUSTIN HOFFMAN) thats what we use to tell him, he laughed it off

I doubt very much they will. He's got a tough judge also. And even if they did let him out, he's probably gonna have to stay inside at all times. I don't even see him getting permission to mow the lawn. These house arrest conditions are becoming worse than being in the hole. If I was this guy, I'd write a letter to the judge and politely ask to be sent to Supermax in Colorado. Say you're writing a book about the penal system. Use reverse psychology.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/29/11 04:55 AM

When George Anastasia pointed out the mob was making money hand over fist on the poker machines and whatever else,i agree but the problem is just the guys at the top are living large.Ligambi,Staino,and a few others but if you remember at Staino's wedding a lot of the younger guys were bitching they were broke.Ligambi blew it off like they got to pay their dues,you no that old routine but the truth of the matter is a lot of these guys are always broke.I think Ligambi is a little too old school for some of these guys.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/29/11 06:09 AM

Originally Posted By: DickNose_Moltasanti
Vinny G get rid of that ralph ciparetto picture that guys a cocksucker just like bentdick Lou.

It's funny you bring that up. I was seriously thinking about retiring that picture, but your reply made me realize that it's probably a bad idea. You almost hurt my feelings though. I see myself in Ralph.
Posted By: thebarber

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/29/11 11:58 AM

When George Anastasia pointed out the mob was making money hand over fist on the poker machines and whatever else,i agree but the problem is just the guys at the top are living large.Ligambi,Staino,and a few others but if you remember at Staino's wedding a lot of the younger guys were bitching they were broke.Ligambi blew it off like they got to pay their dues,you no that old routine but the truth of the matter is a lot of these guys are always broke.I think Ligambi is a little too old school for some of these guys.
. When u say youngr guys which guys were your refering to ??

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/29/11 10:45 PM

Hey the barber just saw your post.Basically instead of saying younger lets just say the guys lower in rank.Or even to put it better, guys other than Ligambi,Staino,Massimino,probably Lucibello.These guys I mentioned all seem like greedy guys and don't want to share much.You know how everthing gets kicked towards the top.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/30/11 02:33 AM

Awwwww...Uncle Joe denied bail cry

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20110629_Elderly_mob_boss_held_without_bail.html

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/30/11 02:53 PM

Fucking pricks. This man has a wife and kids. Give him a break!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/30/11 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

Fucking pricks. This man has a wife and kids. Give him a break!

He's gotta wife, kids and a lawn that needs to be mowed. Nobody mows it better than Uncle Joe..NOBODY!!!!

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/30/11 05:15 PM

Not to mention all of 'Uncle Joe`s" "Nephews" I guess he`ll have to send in Uncle Buck to babysit his family and crimefamily.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/30/11 08:21 PM

Ivy... I just meant, I think the Philly Mob has almost no influence on South Jersey now, Unlike when Scarfo was in power or Bruno.

The apparently still do when it comes to the standard mob rackets of gambling and loansharking.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/30/11 08:34 PM

No they dont. Most people go to Credit Unions in south jersey to get loans, not mobsters. And People in South Jersey no longer wager on sports cause that is an illegal activity.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/30/11 08:59 PM

No they dont. Most people go to Credit Unions in south jersey to get loans, not mobsters. And People in South Jersey no longer wager on sports cause that is an illegal activity.

I'm not saying everyone who needs a loan goes to the mob. That wasn't even the case years ago. But there is still mob-related loansharking going on in South Jersey. And it's precisely because sports betting is an illegal activity that the people who bet on sports use mob bookmakers. Remember the cases we were talking about before with Massamino, Lancellotti, etc.?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 06/30/11 09:09 PM

I know you have an Ivy League education, but South Jersey is so big and spread out, they dont control nothing. They dont even control the corner of 10th and Wolf anymore.By the way that movie was horrible.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/01/11 06:43 AM

I know you have an Ivy League education, but South Jersey is so big and spread out, they dont control nothing. They dont even control the corner of 10th and Wolf anymore.By the way that movie was horrible.

For the record, I don't have an Ivy League education. The handle I use here is from the nickname the feds gave to the Genovese family.

Also, considering the fact that basically all the sports betting and loansharking cases in South Jersey over the past decade have involved the mob, I'd say they still generally control those two businesses. Those are the 2 basic rackets that any LCN family better hang onto or they're probably already on the way out.
Posted By: Mussolini14

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/01/11 05:10 PM

How do you know what was said at Staino's wedding? Can you post a link?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/01/11 05:44 PM

I had a dream about Uncle Joe last night. He's not happy with Mazzone. Not happy at all.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/01/11 08:38 PM

I had a dream about Uncle Joe last night. He's not happy with Mazzone. Not happy at all.

I guess I'm not the only one who had a dream about a well known mobster. wink

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/01/11 08:46 PM

Mussolini... There was no names given or what comments were said. It was reported on a mob talk. Staino got married in September. But Anastasia reported it was members of Merlino's crew.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/02/11 12:49 AM

Flamingo...mob has just as much activity in sj now as it did when bruno was around if not more ...there's credit unions in south philly to. Philly is also big n they don't control every racket here to. But there's certain places were sports gambling s heavily controlled by the mob

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/02/11 12:15 PM

SP... Lets agree to disagree.

I hope everybody has a safe holiday weekend.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/02/11 08:18 PM

SP... Lets agree to disagree.

I hope everybody has a safe holiday weekend.

Speaking for myself, I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. But I've always wondered why some claim that the mob's stake in the illegal sports betting racket is not what it was and that there are many independents operating. In most of the country, that's certainly true. But in the northeast - basically stretching from Boston, down to Providence, into Connecticut, into New York and New Jersey, and down into Philadelphia - it's rather rare to find a bookmaking operation that isn't connected to the mob in one way or another. The mob lost it's hold on a lot of things but sports betting isn't one of them.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/02/11 08:41 PM

Yo Mussolini I see you got your answer from the Flamingo Kid about Staino's wedding.No,by the way I do not know what was said I wasn't invited.I can't figure out if that was a dig at me or u were really serious.Either way I think the majority of us get our information from guys like George Anastasia and Mob Talk.As far as I am concerned I am a convicted bookmaker [busted in 1985]in South Jersey,now living in Florida.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/02/11 09:15 PM

Either way I think the majority of us get our information from guys like George Anastasia and Mob Talk.As far as I am concerned I am a convicted bookmaker [busted in 1985]in South Jersey,now living in Florida.
speaking for no one but myself thats where i choose to get my information from. journalists and authors that i respect and trust. george is one of them. dave.....i dunno so much about dave. he seems a little off and tends to be george's sidekick from time to time

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/03/11 12:36 AM

Yeah with the razor sharp beak of his he can cut the grass pretty quick

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/03/11 01:05 AM

LOL That pictures is funny as shit, its from an organzied crime line up so they always use it, that picture is probably 10 years old
Dont forget the Sean John Sweat suit homie! lol Gaeton is mean looking son of a bitch...so you can tell him about the earing. I do agree that they can fight this and win and with Jacobs that does appear to be what Ligambi is going for so I doubt he takes a deal. I guess you never know though. Some guys may take a deal but I dont see Ligambi doing that. I think he gets about 10 years or walks. Mousie...that dude will just go due his time I think....34 arrests..damn! He may take a deal cause hes looking at the most time. All and all...i dont know shit! who does...this could go so many different ways.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/03/11 07:49 PM

Dave "bleachblondejewboy" Schwarateweiser LMFAO someone called him the other night when the news came on and he was flapping his gums lol

Originally Posted By: phatmatress
Either way I think the majority of us get our information from guys like George Anastasia and Mob Talk.As far as I am concerned I am a convicted bookmaker [busted in 1985]in South Jersey,now living in Florida.
speaking for no one but myself thats where i choose to get my information from. journalists and authors that i respect and trust. george is one of them. dave.....i dunno so much about dave. he seems a little off and tends to be george's sidekick from time to time
Posted By: SC

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 07/03/11 08:51 PM

DickNose is getting a week's vacation for acting like a DickHead and using a racist term. We don't use racist terms here.
Posted By: LuanKuci

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/10/11 10:51 PM

Speaking for myself, I'm fine with agreeing to disagree. But I've always wondered why some claim that the mob's stake in the illegal sports betting racket is not what it was and that there are many independents operating. In most of the country, that's certainly true. But in the northeast - basically stretching from Boston, down to Providence, into Connecticut, into New York and New Jersey, and down into Philadelphia - it's rather rare to find a bookmaking operation that isn't connected to the mob in one way or another. The mob lost it's hold on a lot of things but sports betting isn't one of them.

^THIS^.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/11/11 12:16 AM

Anthony Borgesi, Uncle Joe, and David Salvo- Uncle Joe's bodyguard for a time.

Attached picture joseph-ligambi.jpg

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/11/11 07:40 AM

Thank you man.
I've been wondering who those two guys were since I first saw that pic in "The Last Gangster".

Any news on Borgesi and Salvo?
What's their ranking? Borgesi is a made guy, what about Salvo?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/11/11 07:45 AM

Thank you man.
I've been wondering who those two guys were since I first saw that pic in "The Last Gangster".

Any news on Borgesi and Salvo?
What's their ranking? Borgesi is a made guy, what about Salvo? I don't see his name on the chart.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/11/11 08:04 AM

He is George's brother IIRC? And another nephew to Ligambi? He and I think a son of Uncle Joe's were picked up back in 94 on charges relating an attack on a 16 year old kid and his mother, which was descibed as a "business dispute".

http://articles.philly.com/1994-03-01/ne...-auto-body-shop

Echo LuanKuci's question on Salvo's status?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/11/11 08:37 AM

He is George's brother IIRC? And another nephew to Ligambi? He and I think a son of Uncle Joe's were picked up back in 94 on charges relating an attack on a 16 year old kid and his mother, which was descibed as a "business dispute".

http://articles.philly.com/1994-03-01/ne...-auto-body-shop

Echo LuanKuci's question on Salvo's status?

Anthony is George's bro.
Now I just wanna know more about this Salvo guy.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/11/11 09:19 PM

David Salvo was Ligambi's bodyguard until 2005 or 2006, I dont why he was no longer Ligambi's bodyguard.Last time I heard Salvo was in the restaurant business.That was a few years ago. David Salvo was no joke.I dont think he is made.I just think he was a tough moutherfucker who Ligambi wanted by his side for a time.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/11/11 09:36 PM

I never got this.. Y would Uncle Joe need a bodyguard.. Hes the boss of Philly.. Who would touch this guy anyway??

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/11/11 09:55 PM

Originally Posted By: rg
I never got this.. Y would Uncle Joe need a bodyguard.. Hes the boss of Philly.. Who would touch this guy anyway??
Remember Long John Martorano? And who else we dont know about. When Ligambi first took over he wasn't secure.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/29/11 10:24 AM

Salvo is a common name I guess? I know a few there a bunch of hoods, all three generations, soon to be fourth.

David Salvo was Ligambi's bodyguard until 2005 or 2006, I dont why he was no longer Ligambi's bodyguard.Last time I heard Salvo was in the restaurant business.That was a few years ago. David Salvo was no joke.I dont think he is made.I just think he was a tough moutherfucker who Ligambi wanted by his side for a time.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/29/11 07:56 PM

i am still hurt uncle joe is in the can

the feds should be ashamed of themselves for picking on an old man

hes a legitimate businessman!

lol
Posted By: LeroyJones

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/29/11 08:07 PM

Is Salvo the guy on the far right in that picture you posted earlier in this thread? I always wondered who that was. I thought he looked like a relative of Ligambi's. Either a Borgesi or a Ligambi. Is Salvo a player? If he's close to Ligambi he must be somebody to keep an eye on.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/29/11 09:08 PM

I miss GA's mob talk they need to bring it back, i am sure we would have been able to chat about a number of other stuff he might have brought up or just bust his balls cause he always talked about the same things

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/30/11 05:24 AM

Originally Posted By: LeroyJones

Is Salvo the guy on the far right in that picture you posted earlier in this thread? I always wondered who that was. I thought he looked like a relative of Ligambi's. Either a Borgesi or a Ligambi. Is Salvo a player? If he's close to Ligambi he must be somebody to keep an eye on.
I dont think his a player, funny thing was you used to see him alot with Ligambi and the next thing he is no longer by his side. I always wondered what happened to him.
Posted By: LeroyJones

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 10/30/11 06:14 PM

I dont think his a player, funny thing was you used to see him alot with Ligambi and the next thing he is no longer by his side. I always wondered what happened to him.

Thanks man. I don't know anything about the guy but i have seen his picture a few times with Ligambi. Like i said i always thought he was one of his relatives. I thought i saw a resemblance to the other relatives of Ligambi and Borgesi, but i guess not. confused lol

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 11/07/12 08:37 AM

Tony,

First off, I agree. Anyone who chooses a life of crime is an idiot.

However, you are off. He didn't kill his way to the top, the feds took down Stanfa and idiot supporters and that left Merlino and Natale. And during the war with Stanfa, Merlino was supported by the Scarfo guys inside and by most of semi-retired guys in south philly. Stanfa was a moron and not respected, he was simply a guy Gotti backed since Scarfo was taken down.

NY always chooses the boss in Philly. There have never been "elections". NY chose Bruno, they chose Testa, they chose Scarfo, they chose Stanfa...and the Genovese backed the Merlino faction against Stanfa and ultimately recognized Natale and Merlino as boss and underboss in '94.

I never said Merlino was a good boss nor did I say he was a good racketeer...he was a gangster. He knew LCN in and out thanks to his dad and he out-smarted Stanfa during the war and outlasted him..as well as Scarfo who also wanted Merlino dead. The guy is a survivor, and in this day and age, that's all you gotta be.

Gotti died in prison...Merlino got out before he was 50.

Great Post

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 11/07/12 08:50 AM

For the record, I don't have an Ivy League education. The handle I use here is from the nickname the feds gave to the Genovese family.

Also, considering the fact that basically all the sports betting and loansharking cases in South Jersey over the past decade have involved the mob, I'd say they still generally control those two businesses. Those are the 2 basic rackets that any LCN family better hang onto or they're probably already on the way out.

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 12/14/12 08:54 AM

Had a dream about Uncle Joe last night. Me and him were cruising on Hollywood Blvd. when we got pulled over by the LAPD. Uncle Joe, who was driving, said he couldn't afford to pay any more tickets and had decided to give up Mousie. I was completely shocked and did not know what to do. Deep down I wanted to call Mousie right away, but because I was in such shock, I felt like I couldn't do anything. We drove down to the police station where Uncle Joe told them everything about Mousie. The last thing I remember is Uncle Joe laughing with the police officers and high fiving them like a cocksucker.

Hey Nicky or Wilson this would be a good topic to start

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Posted By: NickyEyes1

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 12/14/12 11:50 PM

what the fuck are you talking about
Posted By: Camarel

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 12/15/12 05:00 AM

lol

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 12/15/12 05:23 PM

At least I actually post things on topic instead of your stupid posts that you think for some reason are funny

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 12/15/12 05:30 PM

^ Hey Kid I didn't say Nickyeyes I could of been referring to my friend Nickyscarfo from Perth Australia,or Nickytoes, bignicky, NickyTV, UglyNick, Handsomenicky, littlenicky, nickyshoeshine, prosciuttonick so don't think im referring to you
Posted By: cheech

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 12/15/12 05:32 PM

smile
Posted By: cheech

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 12/15/12 05:33 PM

^ Hey Kid I didn't say Nickyeyes I could of been referring to my friend Nickyscarfo from Perth Australia,or Nickytoes, bignicky, NickyTV, UglyNick, Handsomenicky, littlenicky, nickyshoeshine, prosciuttonick so don't think im referring to you

this though

prosciuttonick

lol

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 12/15/12 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
At least I actually post things on topic instead of your stupid posts that you think for some reason are funny

Talk about stupid posts/threads....alotta people thought you were joking and were some schemer from the RD ....and you've been on here less then 4 months when your on here for awhile and you see the same topics repeated but just rehashed you might not contribute as more IMO..bottom line..I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings it was a joke

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 12/15/12 05:50 PM

What stupid posts have i made beside the infamous mob encounter thread?
And what nicky were you talking about then?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 12/15/12 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: cheech

this though

prosciuttonick

lol

agreed, that was hilarious
Posted By: NinoSconza

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 01/13/14 09:16 AM

Yo Mussolini I see you got your answer from the Flamingo Kid about Staino's wedding.No,by the way I do not know what was said I wasn't invited.I can't figure out if that was a dig at me or u were really serious.Either way I think the majority of us get our information from guys like George Anastasia and Mob Talk.As far as I am concerned I am a convicted bookmaker [busted in 1985]in South Jersey,now living in Florida.

Did you have to do any time for the bookmaking conviction?

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 01/13/14 11:19 AM

Yes I did,not originally but I didn't live up to re-payment part.very steep fine for 1st time conviction.
Posted By: LaLouisiane

Re: Uncle Joe Ligambi arrested - 01/13/14 03:30 PM

Yes I did,not originally but I didn't live up to re-payment part.very steep fine for 1st time conviction.

Dang man you must have had a large operation for them to make you pay back. Props to you sir!
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET