Home

Capone on Biography

Posted By: Commando

Capone on Biography - 08/23/08 03:32 AM

Saw an hour rerun about Capone on the Biography channel tonight. Not sure if I have seen it before, but it was quite enlightening. I was not aware that Tony Accardo delivered the eulogy at his funeral in 1947. Of course Accardo took over the "Chicago Outfit" in '47.

I remember my grandmother telling me stories about whay she recalled about Capone when she was just a kid in the city. She also had dealings with Accardo while she was a Precinct Captain in Cook County politics.

Glad I found Gangster BB as well.
Posted By: Mignon

Re: Capone on Biography - 08/23/08 03:38 AM

Welcome to the BB Commando!!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Capone on Biography - 08/23/08 01:51 PM

Welcome..
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Capone on Biography - 08/23/08 06:37 PM

Welcome, Commando! If you're interested in learning more about Capone, you should read John Kobler's "Capone," which is the best of several good bios on him.
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: Capone on Biography - 08/27/08 05:13 PM

Today's Chicago Tribune had a couple of interesting articles about a local, family run funeral parlor along with an interesting sidebar about their handling of Al Capone's remains after Capone's death in Florida. I'm posting the links to the articles, but I am unable to find the sidebar about Capone referenced in the main stories. If anyone else can "drill" the Tribune web site for the sidebar and post it, it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-funeralhome-0827aug27,0,317581.story

http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-funeralhome-timeline-0827aug27,0,2042274.story

You may have to find a "dead tree" version of today's Tribune to see the sidebar story. If I have some time tonight, I'll try to transcribe it and re-post.

tony b.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Capone on Biography - 08/27/08 07:00 PM

Interesting, Tony. Thanks. smile

I thought Sbarro was the "Mortician to the Stars" of the Chicago Outfit, at least in the Twenties.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET