Home

Film footage of Bugsy

Posted By: ledblimp

Film footage of Bugsy - 07/20/08 03:24 PM

Anyone ever seen any?

Seems weird that there is'nt any at all when there's at least a bit on pretty much everyone else. Lucky, Lansky, Costello, Genovese etc...Even a couple small clips of Dutchman,Legs Diamond. Given the time in Hollywood also you would think there would be at least a couple clips floating around.

So...just curious if anyone has seen anything.

Ron
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Film footage of Bugsy - 07/20/08 05:35 PM

Yes. I've seen one or two bio's of Bugsy (A&E, History Channel, etc.). One of them has some home movies of Bugsy in Hollywood in bathing trunks, cigar, etc. Looked to be in pretty good shape.
There are also stills of him with his lawyer, Jerry Geisler, who got him off the Big Greenie Greenberg murder rap. I'll bet there's movie footage of that as well.
Except for Gotti and Columbo, mobsters have been notably camera-shy. You, especially, will have noticed that even Capone didn't have a lot of movie footage. All those Capone bios and "Roaring Twenties"-type documentaries show the same tiny handful of Capone clips.
Posted By: ledblimp

Re: Film footage of Bugsy - 07/20/08 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Yes. I've seen one or two bio's of Bugsy (A&E, History Channel, etc.). One of them has some home movies of Bugsy in Hollywood in bathing trunks, cigar, etc. Looked to be in pretty good shape.
There are also stills of him with his lawyer, Jerry Geisler, who got him off the Big Greenie Greenberg murder rap. I'll bet there's movie footage of that as well.
Except for Gotti and Columbo, mobsters have been notably camera-shy. You, especially, will have noticed that even Capone didn't have a lot of movie footage. All those Capone bios and "Roaring Twenties"-type documentaries show the same tiny handful of Capone clips.

Thanks TB!

I wouldn't say Bugsy was really worried about keeping a low profile tho...that's why I'm surprised I have'nt seen any clips.

Ron

Re: Film footage of Bugsy - 07/21/08 01:53 PM

True, Ron--Bugsy hardly maintained a low profie, and Capone was as high profile as Babe Ruth. But, in the days before camcorders, reporters didn't walk the streets with movie cameras hoping to catch a celebrity on film. They needed advanced notice of an event so they could schlep their bulky equipment to the site and set it up. That's why the Capone bio's always show the same footage of him bounding out of a taxi in front of a courthouse, or leaving the courthouse.
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Film footage of Bugsy - 07/24/08 02:15 AM

I wonder where all the 8MM "home footage" film went that Bugsy shot of himself when practicing lines from movies?

Re: Film footage of Bugsy - 07/24/08 01:59 PM

It was included in a never-released Wes Craven fillm, "My Eyeball is in Your Highball." sick
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Film footage of Bugsy - 07/24/08 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
It was included in a never-released Wes Craven fillm, "My Eyeball is in Your Highball." sick

OOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! uhwhat

lol
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET