Home

What are some good Accardo books?

Posted By: Morello

What are some good Accardo books? - 05/19/06 06:58 PM

I just got "Accardo: The Genuine Godfather" from Amazon.com, and I'm liking that so far. Accardo is one of the two mob bosses I am by far the most interested in, and enjoy reading/learning about, and I'm wondering if anyone knows any other good books on him that are out there? Thanks!
Posted By: YoTonyB

Re: What are some good Accardo books? - 05/20/06 05:19 AM

That's the best of the available books. You might also read Roemer's first book, "Man Against the Mob" as well as Gus Russo's book, "The Outfit."

A google search will also return a couple of good Illinois-based law enforcement web sites with good information.

I went for a walk earlier this evening and actually walked past both of Accardo's former homes in River Forest.

tony b.
Posted By: Donatello Noboddi

Re: What are some good Accardo books? - 05/22/06 07:39 PM

This is probably a tough subject to find much reading on. Accardo really didn't garnish the notariety that Capone or Giancana did. Joe Batters, as well as Paul Ricca, recognized that his best asset was to keep things quiet.

Despite the lack of books chronicling Accardo's life, you may want to see if you can find old paper clippings from the Sun Times at your local library. Sandy Smith was one of the Sun Times reporters that broke news of The Outfit.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/obituaries/cst-nws-xsmith07.html
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET