Home

Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob

Posted By: Toni_corleone

Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/06/06 01:37 AM

My dad had an uncle quess the makes him my great uncle was in the mob I'm Irish and so is the rest of my family but my great uncle was an Italian guy who married my great aunt.
Posted By: DonMichaelCorleone

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/06/06 01:47 AM

A relative of my grandfather was in the mafia, but I will say 99.999999% of the time someone says I know someone or I know people they are all full of it. Anyone who is connected like that would neve say it to ordinary people.
Posted By: Toni_corleone

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/06/06 02:29 AM

Well that was a long time ago my dad is 55 and my great uncle is dead
Posted By: Tony Love

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/06/06 02:47 AM

For some time, it's been rumored that my family is in the mafia. My grandpa, Dean, was "the Don". He was in the diamond business, often wore suits, and carried a gun (for his own protection). So you saw this guy carrying briefcases full of money and diamonds into the house with a suit on and a holstered gun. He even served some time inside (not paying for the diamonds he sold). My cousin John (more like an uncle) worked with him, he's now a millionaire. Last time I saw him was at my grandfather's funeral. That was several years ago. I've forgot what he looks like.

My mother upon meeting my father actually believed that father's family was in the mafia, and would often ask him about it. He kept denying everything until one day, he finally told her the "truth". He came up with a BS story about how his father kills people for money and all this. He then told her never to share this news with anyone.

A few days later, my mom brought up the story and my dad said, "oh, I was just making all that up to get you going". My mom was very angry at this point, and said, "well I already told Mary" (Mary was a friend of hers, who also had the biggest mouth in the highschool). My dad reminded her, "I told you not to tell anyone".

It's kind of a funny story. My parents weren't much into the whole mob thing (GF Ref: "that Sicilian thing"), though they did have a soft spot for the GF. The mob must have skipped a generation in my family. Ever since I found my dad's copy of Mario Puzo's novel in our basement, I was hooked.
Posted By: Don Pappo Napolitano

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/06/06 01:09 PM

With all respect you all deserve, but I don`t know if this is a kind of question to be asked(I know I am not the right person to say this! Hahaha But just an opinion)and answered...
Posted By: Luciano Fanucci

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/06/06 05:25 PM

Theres this kid who I went to school with, and since his last name was Costello, he claimed he was related to Frank Costello. I dont belive him though.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/06/06 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Luciano Fanucci:
Theres this kid who I went to school with, and since his last name was Costello, he claimed he was related to Frank Costello. I dont belive him though.
More likely to be related to Elvis Costello.
Posted By: Bada Bing Ben

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/06/06 07:01 PM

elvis costello was ace.

olivers army is here to staaaaaaay!

tune!

btw did i mention i am distant relation to the Krays?!

no...oh thats cos its not true.

sorry strange mood today.
Posted By: Peter_Clemenza

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/06/06 07:03 PM

I doubt any of these stories are actually true.
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/09/06 06:09 AM

The Jasanis much like the Corleones go back to a small village in Gujarat...er Sicily. My Grand Father (R.I.P.) was killed by a local Mafia Cheftain and my Father escaped to Canada when he was about 8-years-old or so. At first, my Father wanted to live an honest, decent Canadian life. However after he was fired from a steady job at his friends' store due to Mafia pressure and a neighbour asked him to hide some guns for him and the evil Don Farhani of Toronto's Little Tehran became more and more of an obstruction my Father decided to whack Don F. After this my Father had all this newfound respect and admiration from the community...
Well some time went by, and it was the day of my Sister's wedding...Anyways, long story short, I'm never, ever, gonna go to the opera.
Posted By: DonPacino

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 01/30/07 09:56 PM

My grandfather and great uncle were very slightly connected to the Sicilian mob and my father was friendly with a british mobster named Viv Graham.
Posted By: Santino_Farricko

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 01/30/07 10:51 PM

Well, I do not want to talk about current things, however, I, coming from Sicily, my grandfather on my mother's side was most likely in Cosa Nostra. He obviously never really said anything to us, but...
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 01/31/07 06:03 PM

Originally Posted By: DonPacino
My grandfather and great uncle were very slightly connected to the Sicilian mob and my father was friendly with a british mobster named Viv Graham.

Viv Graham from Newcastle?
He was popped a long time ago!
I remember the night it happened to!
Not a lot of gangland killings up here usually!

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 01/31/07 06:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Yea I was born up in North Shields and lived in Whitley Bay!Viv Graham ran a security operatioon for some clubs my dad used to run for his company.They weren't 'freinds' but they met a few times.
Posted By: olivant

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/01/07 08:20 PM

My uncle, who is in his late 80s now, was (is) and settled in the Cleveland area. He's now in N. Carolina. My godfather (yes, I actually had one) was one of the original wiseguys to exploit Las Vegas from Pgh. His speciality was forgery and getting his hands on government funds. And his name was Sonny. He died about 2 years ago. My dad ran numbers for awhile when he was younger, but he never got closer than that to it.

When I was back from the army they got a job for me with the park police, but because it was "arranged" I said no to it.
Posted By: klydon1

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/01/07 08:49 PM

My late father-in-law had a cousin, who is doing time in federal prison for RICO violations. Whether he was involved in organized crime, who knows.

My father-in-law was a humble, hard working, honest guy, who operated a modest restaurant. By getting up at 5AM 7 days a week to go to work, he made a good life for his family. He was very easy going, except when it came to his cousin, whom he barred from his home and business. Other cousins thought my father-in-law was unfair to his cousin, who didn't hold a job, but walked around town in a fancy suit buying things for the other family members.

One of the family members acknowledged that the cousin had sold cocaine, but had the audacity to justify this criminal act to my father-in-law on the basis that he didn't sell it to kids.

Anyway, my father-in-law had the last laugh when this bozo got locked up. His grown kids had some crimes too. The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/02/07 05:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Yea I was born up in North Shields and lived in Whitley Bay!Viv Graham ran a security operatioon for some clubs my dad used to run for his company.They weren't 'freinds' but they met a few times.

I think Viv Graham ran a lot of clubs in his day!
He was top boy for a good while!
Do you miss living in God's country?
I have to ask
Posted By: manicmontana

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/12/07 12:22 AM

yeah my half brothers dad is in the mob in australia..nothing huge but he works for em..i wont get into details ..so many people brag and boast when someone they know is connected and im not gonna be one of em...catch

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/13/07 08:42 PM

I have to ask [/quote]

Of course LOL. Southampton is so boring and theres nothing like going down to St. James' on a saturday.

Re: Has anyone here ever had Friends or Family in the mob - 02/14/07 05:34 PM

I have to ask

Of course LOL. Southampton is so boring and theres nothing like going down to St. James' on a saturday. [/quote]
Heh heh heh!
That's the spirit
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET