Home

Looking for Toto.

Posted By: JustMe

Looking for Toto. - 01/03/06 07:46 PM

I'm searching for info about Toto Riina.
Certainly, I don't need his biography or general info in "newbie guide" style, I know enough not to bother you with that.
I'm looking for the materials of his trial (especially prosecution). If any of you saw anything of this kind, I mean real documental account of his activity, or testimony of witnesses to the prosecution, in the net, I would be very glad and endlessly grateful if you gave me a lead. Same goes for his peers from contemporary Sicilian Mafia, Provenzano etc.
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/03/06 09:31 PM

One advise, just wait till Floors is here.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/03/06 09:54 PM

Try here:

http://gangstersinc.tripod.com/TotoRiina.html

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/04/06 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
One advise, just wait till Floors is here.
That's what I'm counting on from the very beginning.
Thanks Turnbull, good site, but also no details...
Posted By: M.M. Floors

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/04/06 01:49 PM

First of all: don't think I know everything.

But indeed I posses one book with information about this trial. If I'm correct it's a english book, and not from a known writer. And the usual problem for me...all the books are stored somewhere else. I'm not at home at the moment right now so I can't figure out the title (sorry for that at the moment).

But what you can do, and is most useful: Find the Italian site of Justice and look for the trials. Normally they are open for everybody (at least in the Netherlands and probably Italy too. Italy is also member of the EVRM (European Treaty of Human Rights) and thus they should have the same conditions). One problem, you have to read in Italian. Maybe someone else can translate some parts.

Probably this link: http://www.giustizia.it
or somewhere here:
http://www.cortedicassazione.it/Notizie/GiurisprudenzaPenale/GiurisprudenzaPenal e.asp

And I would also appreciate that...

So at the moment I can't help any fruther than Turnbull did.

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/04/06 04:55 PM

Ha, thanks MM. I think we should wait for Lavi. I can't find a *beep* there. I must work on my Italian.

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/05/06 06:23 PM

I've found one book that most likely (I didn't read it myself) will discuss everything about Toto. It's called 'Toto Riina' and written by Pino Buongiorno.

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/05/06 07:30 PM

Is it translated to English?

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/05/06 07:46 PM

Unfortunately not. Thus learning Italian is becoming a pre to read about mafia...

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/05/06 09:09 PM

So it seems.
You bought it through amazon?
Posted By: Enzo Scifo

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/05/06 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by M.M. Floors:
Unfortunately not. Thus learning Italian is becoming a pre to read about mafia...
You speak Italian?

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/06/06 01:54 PM

NO but I really gonna learn that soon. Our University has some simple courses for that....doesn't cost me a thing...

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/06/06 04:12 PM

Quote:
NO but I really gonna learn that soon. Our University has some simple courses for that....doesn't cost me a thing...
That's good, MM. Sure you have to use such possibility. I have to do it on my own, with a book and cassetes.

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/06/06 05:34 PM

Only thing: I hope that with these 'simple' courses you know enough of the language...

In other words: I hope I can read Italian books of Judge Giovanni Falcone..since he's one of the best in mafia.

Re: Looking for Toto. - 01/07/06 12:24 PM

Quote:
Only thing: I hope that with these 'simple' courses you know enough of the language...
You get to know the basics. And that given, you may easily advance, reading, watching something, chatting on the net etc. I, personally, would rather thank literature for my English, than any courses.
Posted By: Dominic Corleone

Re: Looking for Toto. - 02/15/06 03:16 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toto_Riina

Re: Looking for Toto. - 02/15/06 02:33 PM

Thanks, that's a good article, but still no details on conviction...
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET