Home

Would you.....?

Posted By: M.M. Floors

Would you.....? - 04/04/04 12:42 PM

When some high capo or other person of a mafia organization would ask you to join the mafia. What would you say. And be honest!
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Would you.....? - 04/05/04 02:10 AM

This is a tough question and it has been asked over and over again. I dont know what I would say.Probably yes because it probably pays good money, if your loyal you get good benifits, and its relitivly safe from the law. Granted you can never be safe from the law when you get paid to break it, but you got a lot of smart guys figuring out ways not to get caught. But I really want to be an actor, and being in the mob can get in the way of that. They might not like if you leave the organization to act, escpeially if you know anything. Theres a possibility you can die, and then never really have a chance to be an actor. Although it would be kind of humbling (thats not the right word) if a capo asked you to join his crew, because they dont ask just anyone.
Posted By: The Iceman

Re: Would you.....? - 04/05/04 04:02 AM

I've said it once & I'll say it again. Yes I would.
Posted By: Goodfella 69

Re: Would you.....? - 04/05/04 04:09 AM

as intriguing (sp?) as it sounds, with all the families falling apart due to the FBI, I wouldnt take the risk. Now a days you have more of a chance bein locked up then you do getting whacked.. and thats another factor.

Re: Would you.....? - 04/05/04 01:37 PM

Well, don't forget one thing. You live and die by the Mafia. There are a very few who die by normal causes (except the one who have lifetime in jail). It all looks nice in some ways. But it has a lot of bad things.
Posted By: AppleOnYa

Re: Would you.....? - 04/05/04 01:41 PM

No, I wouldn't join and voted NO in the poll.

I have no interest in that kind of life nor in any movie portrayal of it....except of course for The Godfather films because of their pure entertainment value.

Apple
Posted By: juventus

Re: Would you.....? - 04/05/04 02:46 PM

I should have said yes in the 70's and before but these days everybody goes in jail (or get wahcked but that was always so).
I voted I don't know.
Posted By: Turi Giuliano

Re: Would you.....? - 04/05/04 03:52 PM

No way jose. If I was ever in a position that I was being asked if I wanted to get inducted I would know I've messed my life up somewhere because you don't go walking down the street and then some Wiseguy asks you. You've already got to be a proven criminal first, Work hard making money through lieing, cheating, stealing. And also you've probably had to show your loyalty to the boss sometime with maybe a little 'heavy' work.

No way would I risk my freedom for a bunch of grown up kids too that don't want to earn an honest days living and show their loyalty to a gang. That's what kids do. Robert De Niro in A Bronx Tale said it best. "The working mans a tough guy".

Excellent question though. That was my honest answer.
Posted By: UK_Don

Re: Would you.....? - 04/05/04 03:55 PM

I ticked yes, though I couldn't actually JOIN the mafia because I'm an English thoroughbread and have no Italian blood.

But it'd be cool to give it a go.
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Would you.....? - 04/05/04 06:31 PM

Hell motherfucking yeh!
Posted By: Krlea

Re: Would you.....? - 04/05/04 08:39 PM

The Godfather Don Vito says it best when he states his wishes that Michael would be the one pulling the strings. As a woman I could never respect a man who uses violence, guns, or anything illegal to get what he wants instead of his brain and a good work ethic. When I hear someone glorifying violence the first thing that comes to my mind is stupidity.

Re: Would you.....? - 04/06/04 09:03 AM

When it's a good mafia guy he wouldn't take his work to home. Instead, he will do everything to pleasure his wife.

BTW Turi, ofcourse I know you wouldn't be asked when you haven't been a proven criminal..but it's just IF.
Posted By: Krlea

Re: Would you.....? - 04/06/04 11:36 AM

I think it's a great theory that mob guys keep work and their personal lives separate and do everything they can to pleasure their wives, but I don't think it's neccessarily true. How many of the wives in the Godfather or even the Sopranos are happy? Kay, Connie, Sandra, and Theresa all seemed unhappy to me. Plus it's kinda hard to be happy when your husband is in jail or dead.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET