Home

Real Gang's.

Posted By: Chapman

Real Gang's. - 11/06/03 08:00 AM

Hey,I would like too know the name's of some street gang's of which you know the name of.

Cheers,
Chapman.
Posted By: SC

Re: Real Gang's. - 11/06/03 01:31 PM

How about an oldie? "The Amboy Dukes", named after Amboy Street in Brooklyn. The gang became a breeding ground for members of Murder, Inc.

Louis "Lepke" Buchalter was a member, and became one of the biggest names in Organized Crime in the '30's.
Posted By: eddietheplumber

Re: Real Gang's. - 11/07/03 03:29 PM

Another street gang that ran around newyorks
hells kitchen was the westies,they would let
their services be hired out to mafia factions,
hard drinkers and violent personalities were
their trademark,they would handle any job
at any time,they were also associated w/
the IRA on certain things.It is my understanding that a small faction still exists in the area.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Real Gang's. - 11/07/03 04:59 PM

Another legendary gang of New York was the Fordham Baldies from the Bronx. They were immortalized in Richard Price's novel "The Wanderers" and the film of the same name.
Posted By: Don_Miconi

Re: Real Gang's. - 11/08/03 08:30 PM

The Latin Kings
Posted By: DonEthereal_313

Re: Real Gang's. - 11/09/03 02:52 AM

Black Dragons (Detroit) - small time gang here in Detroit...that's really all I know

Bloods (blah) - West Side street gang. Originated in LA, with factions everywhere from New York to Miami

Crips - East Side street gang. Rivals of the Bloods. Famous member is Snoop Dogg...and myself

Folks (Shotgun Crips) - or "Country Crips"

Street Kings (Missouri) - or "Backwater Bloods"

Yardies (Jamaican's) - found in port towns like Daytona and San Fran

Cortez's (East LA) - Hispanic gang founded after the Bloods and the Crips

Mexicano's (West/South Central LA) - Hispanic gang. Rivals with the Cortez's

Chapman - Why the interest in street gangs? No beef, just wondering. I have more info, PM me if you need/want it. Alot of people on this board will piss on you just for asking about street gangs. (Personal Ancedote)

Don Ethereal
Posted By: Patrick

Re: Real Gang's. - 11/09/03 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonEthereal_313:

Bloods (blah) - West Side street gang. Originated in LA, with factions everywhere from New York to Miami

Crips - East Side street gang. Rivals of the Bloods. Famous member is Snoop Dogg...and myself
here's my question. tupac, suge knight, dr. dre and snoop were all with death row. suge is a known blood. why would a known blood let a known crip (snoop) join his label? i know they hate each other now, but what about before they started to hate each other? -Pat

Re: Real Gang's. - 11/09/03 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chapman:
Hey,I would like too know the name's of some street gang's of which you know the name of.

Cheers,
Chapman.
just because you seem to be interested in it, here's my advice for you:
read the book "Monster: The Autobiography of an L.A. Gang Member" it's by Sanyika Shakur (no relation to Tupac) and he was one of the best known gang members of ALL time. he's no longer involved, but this true story gives you a lot of information. -Pat
Posted By: Frankie Pentangeli

Re: Real Gang's. - 11/09/03 06:00 AM

10th Street Gang in Reading

Its two leaders, father and son, were just indicted on federal charges, along with about 11 other members. Basically, they drew enough attention to themselves because they used a 12 year old to sell some crack around schools.

WOOHOO!

Re: Real Gang's. - 11/09/03 06:38 AM

i heard about that too. it made cover of the reading times. someone else from reading on these boards. who would've thought? -Pat
Posted By: Disaffected

Re: Real Gang's. - 11/10/03 05:02 AM

The Gophers-old gang from Hell's Kitchen
The Vice Lords-another old gang
Posted By: DonEthereal_313

Re: Real Gang's. - 11/11/03 10:28 PM

Pat

Personally, I don't know. It's not like I can read minds. My theory...let the enemy in, he must nto be the enemy, get it? Meaning that if Suge let Snoop in, he could disprove claims he was slob...I mean Blood. "How can I be, isn't Snoop Crip?" Understand?

Don Ethereal

PS - Next time, just PM me the questions...
Posted By: Don_Miconi

Re: Real Gang's. - 11/18/03 04:33 PM

Snoop sold drugs to crips he wasn't actually a crip he just sold the rocks to them.
Posted By: Young Don

Re: Real Gang's. - 12/11/03 06:00 PM

the gang in kansas city is called the kansas city boys. and the rodriguez faimly.
Posted By: frankie-5-chickens

Re: Real Gang's. - 12/13/03 07:57 AM

18th st. 1 off the biggest mexican gangs hailing from east L.A., Vario Norwalk, Hawian Gardens, Peacefull, Chivas, Artesia, E. Side Longo, Wilmas, Satanas, (most also have different "clicks 2 them)r some of the gangs i'm familiar with growing up in so.cal.
Posted By: frankie-5-chickens

Re: Real Gang's. - 12/13/03 08:15 AM

I'm also aware that back in the 60's when the bloods were formed it started out as an political faction like "the black panthers" b4 it turned into a street gang. anybody want 2 comment on that?
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET