Home

Paul Sorvino has a striking resemblance to.....

Posted By: Goodfella 69

Paul Sorvino has a striking resemblance to..... - 06/09/03 05:12 AM

Paul looks alot like Joe Massino in this photo. I know this is a useless thread but does anybody agree? Hey what the hell, ill make it a useful thread...if you know any actors who resemble real life mafiosi post both pics and lets compare.

Joe Massino

http://www.ganglandnews.com/joemassino.jpg

Paul Sorvino

http://celebrityjustice.warnerbros.com/images/02/10/21sorvino_200.jpg
Posted By: TonySoprano

Re: Paul Sorvino has a striking resemblance to..... - 06/09/03 07:58 AM

A little alike i guess
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Paul Sorvino has a striking resemblance to..... - 06/09/03 09:25 AM

Yeah nice observation.

Mick
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Paul Sorvino has a striking resemblance to..... - 06/09/03 04:10 PM

He does look a little like Massino, now that you mention it.
Sorvino's quite a guy. He's an opera singer, a painter and a sculptor. He has a beautiful, cultured speaking voice, and is often used as the narrator of documentaries that you see on A&E, History Channel and Discover. But, he's big, beefy and Italian, and so most of the roles he gets are as Mafia-types.
Posted By: SC

Re: Paul Sorvino has a striking resemblance to..... - 06/09/03 04:58 PM

They really DO look alike!

Massino (left) and Sorvino (on the right):

Turnbull, you're right; Sorvino is a multi-talented guy and a better actor than to be typecast as a mobster.

A different type of role for Sorvino, and one of my favorites is his portrayal of Richard Gere's uncle in "Bloodbrothers". Check it out!
Posted By: RosarioAlaia

Re: Paul Sorvino has a striking resemblance to..... - 06/13/03 03:01 AM

Paul is quite a fellow!

About 8 years ago I was bartending on the upper east side of manhattan and we had this "charity" event. Paul was the guest of honor with his daughter Mira in tow. Paul was knockin' back whiskey like he was Father O'Reilly himself! Mira fell asleep at the table and Paulie gets up and starts singing "Danny Boy". Let's just say the Irish Owner cut him off afterward. He was a really stand up guy though and I was glad to have met him.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET