Home

Jamaicans

Posted By: Don Giorgio Gambino

Jamaicans - 06/07/03 04:44 AM

This is a stupid question, but ti suddely appeared to me while playing GTA III. Are the Jamaicans involved in Organized Crime? Do they have organizations and rackets?

Thanks

Giorgio Luigi Gambino
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Jamaicans - 06/07/03 03:01 PM

To answer the question yes a lot of Jamaicans are involved in organised crime. The most well-known gangs are known as Yardies. Parts of Kingston are a dangerous place; if you walked down the street, you could expect to get shot.

Rumour has it that Lee "Scratch" Perry, a well-known reggae artist, acted the way he publicly does (which is mad to say the least) was to frighten such attention of gangs away; it was reported at the time that Yardies wanted him dead.

Hope that helps,

Mick
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Jamaicans - 06/07/03 03:47 PM

Jamaican gangs, called "posses," are very big in some US cities, notably New York, where they control a substantial part of the traffic in dope. Gangs are an integral part of Jamaica's political scene, and are frequently used for strong-arm during elections.

Re: Jamaicans - 06/10/03 05:45 AM

Once again, thanks to Turnbull and Capo.

Mick- I knew of the Yardies from the excellnt Mafia video game I'm paying (Grand Theft Auto III) also available on PC. Highly recommended.

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

P.S. It seems we have a future Turnbull here ladies and gentlemen !

Re: Jamaicans - 06/10/03 05:47 AM

Once again, thanks to Turnbull and Capo.

Mick- I knew of the Yardies from the excellnt Mafia video game I'm paying (Grand Theft Auto III) also available on PC. Highly recommended.

Giorgio Luigi Gambino

P.S. It seems we have a future Turnbull here ladies and gentlemen !
Posted By: Don_Miconi

Re: Jamaicans - 06/16/03 12:55 AM

Yup that games FYER The English Yardies is what they fully call them
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET