Home

New York - Where is Cosa Nostra?

Posted By: John Petosa

New York - Where is Cosa Nostra? - 11/08/02 03:01 PM

Does anybody know if the Cosa Nostra (mafia) is still around in New York? I have wondered this many times.

Sometimes I think that they rooted most of them out, but then other times I think they are just underground like they used to be.

There is speriodically something in the news, like when some Gambino's were busted a few months back after Johnny Boy died, and they were caught with some extortion scheme at the waterfronts.

If you could provide any information, I would appreciate it.
Posted By: DonPalentino

Re: New York - Where is Cosa Nostra? - 11/09/02 01:47 PM

I cant prove anything but I'll bet ya there is some sort of organized crime still around
Posted By: Snake Eyes

Re: New York - Where is Cosa Nostra? - 11/09/02 02:34 PM

It is my understanding that they are still around...just not as powerful.
Posted By: DonsAdvisor

Re: New York - Where is Cosa Nostra? - 11/09/02 07:45 PM

Check out this cool site.

http://www.ganglandnews.com/
Posted By: pacino princess

Re: New York - Where is Cosa Nostra? - 11/10/02 07:45 PM

My pop, a cab driver,picks up some interesting people around where we live. Once he picked up an FBI agent from National. He asked the guy if the Italian mafia is still goin strong. He said that they lost their great power a while ago and that the strongest right now are the Hispanics (Cubans and Columbians). This all due to the strength of illegal drugs.This is all i know.
Posted By: scarface_denver

Re: New York - Where is Cosa Nostra? - 11/13/02 10:00 AM

omerta
Posted By: Pherdy

Re: New York - Where is Cosa Nostra? - 11/16/02 10:18 PM

I believe today's Cosa Nostra is set in a little place called Washington DC, in a certain white house ???? that's where the Dons live now, they're office building is a few blocks away, it's this pentagon shaped building???
Posted By: scarface_denver

Re: New York - Where is Cosa Nostra? - 11/18/02 06:15 AM

i second that
Posted By: Silvia Lombardi

Re: New York - Where is Cosa Nostra? - 11/23/02 01:42 AM

They were in the northern NJ (I was in school with few kids), got some ppl wasted , few got locked up ... now the last family's selling the property. Although there's still a daughter of one of the capos (correction) around, and a lot of land belonging to the late Jonny Gotti and few others. I believe Gotti's daughter will sell it now. We r loosing our heritage.
But hey, times change... now they'r *legit*s.

Silvia
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET