Home

Obsessed with the mob?

Posted By: dailyshow

Obsessed with the mob? - 06/18/02 01:54 PM

I'm currently doing research on a piece for "The Daily Show" about portrayals of the Mafia in the media. I'd be very interested to speak with some real hardcore fans of the Mafia--both of the movies that depict it and the real life people who live it. I'd be especially interested in hearing from people in the New York area who growing up wanted to be members of the mafia. Also, I'd really like to speak to people who've adopted certain aspects of the Mafia lifestyle to their own lives, such as the way they dress, what they eat, their way of speaking, values, etc.

If anyone wouldn't mind helping me out, I'd greatly appreciate it. If you can, please contact me ASAP.

Thanks so much,

Matt Moses
mmoses@thedailyshow.com
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Obsessed with the mob? - 06/18/02 03:26 PM

Hey, Matt we love talking about The Godfather movies and Mafia in General, But man as far as going into a reality check....we are great people who are not weirdos..Try Brooklyn, the Bronx and New Jersey Good lucky and I for one enjoy The Dailey Show!
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Obsessed with the mob? - 06/19/02 04:54 AM

Matt, you're not gonna have an easy time finding anyone willing to talk to you who expects to live to have another meal, unless they're just liars. Here's a suggestion: check the catalogs for the Arts & Entertainment and History Channels for Mafia programs, especially those in which turncoats and former Mafia guys are interviewed. You'll probably have to buy several tapes, but it could be worth it.
Posted By: Calogero

Re: Obsessed with the mob? - 06/19/02 08:14 AM

Matt,
I might consider helping you out if Craig Kilbourne was still the host. Stewart is a hack! Sorry, I guess I need a moment of Zen.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: Obsessed with the mob? - 06/19/02 03:08 PM

See here is a new memeber who will post once and you will never see him again...The Daily Show
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET