Home

RICO?

Posted By: Liz_85

RICO? - 10/23/01 07:49 AM

What exactly are the RICO laws? I hear them mentioned in books and movies all the time and I'm not exactly sure what they are.
Posted By: Sonny

Re: RICO? - 10/23/01 08:03 AM

Rackateer-Influenced and Corrupt Organizations' Act (RICO)

"...RICO provided for the prosecution of entire criminal organizations, as well as their leaders, and provided also for the forfeiture of money, businesses, and property accumulated as a result of criminal activity. Under RICO, the very existence of a Mafia Family is a crime, and the family's ill-gotten gains are subject to confiscation...." The Rise and Fall of The Gambino Crime Family
Posted By: Don Rico

Re: RICO? - 10/23/01 03:55 PM

Yeah, so don't mess with me!
Posted By: Liz Skywalker

Re: RICO? - 10/23/01 10:51 PM

always wondered...ya know that line at the end of that early mob movie "Mother of Mercy, is this the end of Rico?" and the RICO laws....

//conspiracy

Re: RICO? - 10/24/01 03:01 AM

You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Huh? You talkin' to me? I don't see nobody else here! You talkin' to me? What?

Re: RICO? - 10/24/01 03:03 AM

Forgive me! I know that was EXTREMELY gratuitous, but I hadda do it!

Re: RICO? - 10/24/01 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Rico:
You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Huh? You talkin' to me? I don't see nobody else here! You talkin' to me? What?

"Well, who else could you be talking to? I'm the only one here."
Posted By: Diamond Joe Esposito

Re: RICO? - 10/25/01 12:55 AM

Basically they created RICO to go after our pasisan that they didn't like, but now it's being used against many other gangs as well, kinda coming back and biting them in the butt.
Posted By: Sonny

Re: RICO? - 10/25/01 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diamond Joe Esposito:
kinda coming back and biting them in the butt.

Posted By: Bogus Castellano

Re: RICO? - 10/25/01 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny:

Is that law properly enforced? If having a Family is illegal, why aren't they arresting the heads of the families?

Re: RICO? - 10/25/01 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bogus Castellano:

Is that law properly enforced? If having a Family is illegal, why aren't they arresting the heads of the families?

prove it. that they're the head of a family, I mean.

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Liz Skywalker ]
Posted By: Bogus Castellano

Re: RICO? - 10/25/01 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Liz Skywalker:

prove it. that they're the head of a family, I mean.

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Liz Skywalker ]

Don't they claim it themselves?

Re: RICO? - 10/25/01 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bogus Castellano:

Don't they claim it themselves?

Re: RICO? - 10/25/01 04:26 AM

Have you guys ever heard of The Commission trial?

Re: RICO? - 10/25/01 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Rico:
Have you guys ever heard of The Commission trial?

yes. what of it?
Posted By: eddietheplumber

Re: RICO? - 10/25/01 04:16 PM

rico laws are the prosecutions way of throwing out
the constitution,it was a tactic that they were hoping would curve oc and people who were doing business with them,unions,grocery-stores,clothing
outlets,construction-it was to prevent heads of families becomming more powerfull by criminal activities,it also covered drugs and gambling, guilt by association was and is a huge part of this"law"and being around someone 5 times removed
from a crime can make you just as guilty or owning a company and receiving monies for services completed even though you thought nothing about it(i learned the hard way)makes you
a target by the feds.
Posted By: CamillusDon

Re: RICO? - 10/27/01 03:42 PM

In the Rico laws they get to take away all your money and all the things that you bought with that dirty money...so you lose all your houses, cars, Boats, Race horses, women and everything else that you can't prove to them where you got the money to buy it from......But why didn't they take my WIFE.....ah FORGETABOUTIUT

Re: RICO? - 10/27/01 04:25 PM

I hear ya. But you think RICO's bad? Check out that new so-called Anti-Terrorism law that just passed. If there was ever any doubt that this United States of Babylon was a totalitarian police state well now here's proof.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET