Home

Menace II Society

Posted By: Frank Pentangely

Menace II Society - 09/17/05 02:47 AM

Have you seen these movie, did you like it...
Its about the street gangs in LA, tough movie!
Posted By: scarfacefan

Re: Menace II Society - 09/17/05 11:10 PM

I've seen it. It's a really great movie

Did you notice the similarities to Goodfellas?
Posted By: don capili

Re: Menace II Society - 09/18/05 04:51 AM

i own the dvd.. put what do you mean by the similarities it had to goodfellas?
Posted By: scarfacefan

Re: Menace II Society - 09/18/05 08:33 PM

Well, Caine is sort of like Henry Hill in Goodfellas, because he is the narrator and sort of "cool" member of the gang

O-Dogg is like Joe Pesci's character Tommy, in the fact that he is violent and crazy

A-Wax is kinda like De Niro's character Jimmy, because he's the older wiser one

The scene where O-Dogg shoots the base head and A-Wax is upset is kinda like the one in Goodfellas when Tommy shoots Spider and Jimmy is upset

And the steady cam scenes

Plus in the Goodfellas SE DVD The Hughes Brothers said they based Menace II Society on Goodfellas or something
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Menace II Society - 09/18/05 09:03 PM

yeah your right there are kinda the same in a way
it's better then boys in the hood

Re: Menace II Society - 09/18/05 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by don vencent:
yeah your right there are kinda the same in a way
it's better then boys in the hood
Well, it has more action!
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Menace II Society - 09/19/05 12:34 AM

Yeah its good film with a good sound track
Posted By: LaFamiglia

Re: Menace II Society - 09/30/05 10:16 PM

It was a good movie and it may have been inspired by GoodFellas, but I wouldn't compare the two at all. I don't know if it's because I'm not black( no offense). It wasn't my kind of thing. The Italian mafia is in a different world than Los Angeles street gangs. That's just my opinion. I'm not putting down M2S, I just can't compare it with GF's. To me, they are two totally different things, with small similarities. I know the topic is if we saw it, but I think GoodFellas is alot better, hands down.
Posted By: Mr.MojoRisin

Re: Menace II Society - 09/30/05 11:02 PM

I just can't equate street gangs with the Mafia or organized crime in general. There's a differance between a organized group of people who make it a buisness and idiot street thugs who call themselves gangsters. In my personal opinion if the Cosa Nostra, Cuban Drug Lords, Irish Mafia, etc. got sick of the gangs they could wipe them out in 2 seconds. I just can't put them on the same level.

Re: Menace II Society - 10/07/05 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin:
I just can't equate street gangs with the Mafia or organized crime in general. There's a differance between a organized group of people who make it a buisness and idiot street thugs who call themselves gangsters. In my personal opinion if the Cosa Nostra, Cuban Drug Lords, Irish Mafia, etc. got sick of the gangs they could wipe them out in 2 seconds. I just can't put them on the same level.
I must agree, I just hate THOSE kids... they deal a couple of grams and thei are the big shot... Fu...k that!THEY BLOW YOUR HEAD FOR THE PLEASURE TO SEE YOU CRACKED!
Posted By: Don Andrew

Re: Menace II Society - 10/07/05 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.MojoRisin:
Agreed.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET