Home

Carlito's Way Question (SPOILER)

Posted By: Tony Love

Carlito's Way Question (SPOILER) - 08/04/05 04:17 AM

Alright, in the Pacino film, "Carlito's Way", there's a scene where Sean Penn's character gets clipped in his hospital bed. He has a gun to his side but before he was hit, Carlito took the bullets out, making Penn's character defenseless. Why did Carlito do that? Was he just proving that you can't play with fire?
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Carlito's Way Question (SPOILER) - 08/04/05 04:21 AM

David stabbed him in the back. He went to the hospital to confirm what the police told him. When he talked to David, Carlito knew he was lying to him, so he took the bullets out, and then instructed him on how to place the gun to further his facade of care, just to leave him a fish in a barrel.

Re: Carlito's Way Question (SPOILER) - 08/04/05 04:53 AM

OK, sorry if I sound stupid, but it has been a while since I've seen this movie. Plus, I've only seen it once.

Anyway, what did David do to betray Carlito?
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Carlito's Way Question (SPOILER) - 08/04/05 05:05 AM

The police showed him a tape recording of David telling an officer that he'll help put Carlito away if the police will leave him alone.

Re: Carlito's Way Question (SPOILER) - 08/04/05 04:20 PM

That's right, I remember that scene.

Thanks a bunch, DV!
Posted By: Yogi Barrabbas

Re: Carlito's Way Question (SPOILER) - 08/05/05 09:22 PM

Yup!
A good twist in a great film.
Am i alone in thinking this was Penn's best role to date?
I thought he played a a stormer as sleazy Dave Klein

Re: Carlito's Way Question (SPOILER) - 08/06/05 03:36 AM

Penn definitely did a great job in this film.

However I would say my favorite role with him was Jeff Spicoli in Fast Times at Ridgemont High. Awesome! Totally awesome!

Posted By: MistaMista Tom Hagen

Re: Carlito's Way Question (SPOILER) - 09/06/05 09:55 AM

Yea I haven't seen much of Penn's work, but what a character he creates in Kleinfeld. They say that the haircut and some of the clothes were just his ideas too, that he just dreamed them up when he was getting into character mode. I'd have to talk to a true Sean Penn fan to get a perspective on whether this is his best work, but I greatly enjoyed him here either way.
Posted By: skaggerratt

Re: Carlito's Way Question (SPOILER) - 09/07/05 02:33 PM

I am not too fimilar with the roles of Sean Penn, but Carlitos Way is one of my favorite movies and Penn played a terrific part. I have also seen Fast Times, not too long ago, and was plesantly surprized when watching the credits that I saw Sean Penns' name.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET