Home

The Last Don II

Posted By: Don Rypcord

The Last Don II - 04/19/05 01:20 AM

Anyone see [the movie] The Last Don II yet?

I've watched the DVD of The Last Don [haven't read the book], but did Mario Puzo help with TLD-II? And is it any good?
Posted By: Moscarelli

Re: The Last Don II - 04/19/05 03:59 PM

I read the book and saw the first movie. In fact, I just ordered both movies on DVD on Amazon and they are to arrive today. I am pretty sure that Puzo helped with The Last Don II, I don't see why he wouldn't. If he didn't, though, it will suck...
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: The Last Don II - 04/19/05 04:02 PM

I read the book and saw both films. The book sucked, IMO. Last Don I was much better than the book, mainly due to Danny Aiello, who's always good. Last Don II wasn't as good.
Posted By: skaggerratt

Re: The Last Don II - 04/19/05 09:57 PM

The book was disappointing. I normally watch the film first, and that strikes my interest to read the novel (Wiseguy, Godfather, The Hoods, Donnie Brasco). I was very impressed with the film. The score was very advanced for a made for TV miniseries and the cast of characters, (B+ in my book) did a terrific job of telling the story and [Puzo] yet again, romanticizing the mafia family lifestyle.
If you find the films, they are well worth the expense. From my experience, i had to special order them (Columbia House) because they were not sold in traditional outlets (Best Buy, Circuit City, Wal-Mart, etc). I only saw them at speciality stores (Suncost, FYE) where they are priced $7-$10 dollars more than the other "bargin" stores.
Posted By: TheSicilian123

Re: The Last Don II - 05/11/05 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Moscarelli:
I read the book and saw the first movie. In fact, I just ordered both movies on DVD on Amazon
Same thing here. But I got The Last Don II today and not The Last Don, but I read the book. Hope its as good.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET