Home

Mean Streets

Posted By: Henne Montana

Mean Streets - 01/17/05 01:02 PM

Has anyone seen this movie.. Its one of Scorsesse's first movies, and it got Robert de niro and Harvey Kiethel on the role list. I would like to know your opinion on this film. I personaly thinks that it sucks, Despite the fact that it was one of he's first movies. What do you think?
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: Mean Streets - 01/17/05 01:12 PM

Alot of people on these boards rate this film as a classic and me also.De Niro and Kietal were great in this film and i rate this as one of there best performancers.I always enjoy watching it.
Posted By: RizzoInTheBox

Re: Mean Streets - 01/17/05 08:12 PM

I didn't like it very much the first time I saw it. But I'll probably give it another chance sometime.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Mean Streets - 01/17/05 08:49 PM

Scorsese's 4th best film, and highly underrated. Expect a review by me soon.

This is probably, "the" film in showing Scorsese's style.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: Mean Streets - 01/17/05 09:32 PM

While he's made much more accomplished work since, this remains today as the epitome of his entire oeuvre:

Catholicism, guilt, a forbidden relationship, the Mafia, an excellent soundtrack and amazing acting by all involved. It also shows Scorsese's early risk-taking bravura better than any other.

If you didn't like this, do not check out his first film, Who's That Knocking At My Door (1968), a sort of dress rehearsal (and a great one too) for Mean Streets (1973).

Mick
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Mean Streets - 01/18/05 02:56 AM

I'm curious as to why you didnt like this film. I like all who have posted before, think it is one of Scorsese's best pictures.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Mean Streets - 01/18/05 06:35 AM

"Mean Streets" is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece, combining religion, crime, romance, loyalty and struggle in one work. Keitel's finest role and DeNiro's second-best (after "Raging Bull").
Posted By: Henne Montana

Re: Mean Streets - 01/18/05 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sonny Corleone:
I'm curious as to why you didnt like this film. I like all who have posted before, think it is one of Scorsese's best pictures.
Ecxept for harvey Keithel and de Niro, i thougth the rest did a bad actor performance. especially the bad guy in the movie (dont Remember he's name, but de niro owed him money). Then i dident like the story either, thougt it were to thin.
Posted By: Maple Leafs

Re: Mean Streets - 01/18/05 03:56 PM

I love Mean Streets. Deniro's character Johnny is so annoying and disrespectful, he deserves whatever he gets.
I loved the part in the pool hall when the hefty guy (can't remember his name) says something like, "well, we aint payin'" Keitel asks why, he responds "cuz your friend is a mook". then they all question each other as to what a mook is/means. I thought that part was hilarious. And then the end of that scene when the hefty guys gives them the 2 arm F.U. salute...he does such a big wind-up.
I also couldn't bear Keitels girlfriend. Holy smokes was she ever rude!

ML
Posted By: DonGenco

Re: Mean Streets - 01/19/05 04:55 PM

I agree with Henne, the acting performances of Keitel and De Niro were great (as usual) but the story was pretty thin. To me, it was just another mob movie. And it was set in the 70's. For some reasons, I don't like many mob movies set in the 70's.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Mean Streets - 01/21/05 03:58 AM

Thin story? As far as I saw, it didnt have a story so much as it was a depiction of the life Scorsese knew.But thats just me.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET