Home

Dean Martin biopic

Posted By: Zasa

Dean Martin biopic - 11/20/04 04:44 AM

A Martin Scorsese helmed Dino flick has been in the talks for a long time. Who would you cast as the central characters? Just curious.

-Zasa
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Dean Martin biopic - 11/20/04 05:47 AM

Joe Mantegna did an excellent job as Dino in the HBO movie, "The Rat Pack." His resemblance was uncanny. This was a very lightweight (but enjoyable) film. Mantegna has the acting chops to star in a serious biopic.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Dean Martin biopic - 11/22/04 02:20 AM

From IMDb-

For "Dino", his Dean Martin biopic which has been on hiatus at Warner Brothers since the late nineties, he has a very specific all A-list cast in mind, which maybe why it has yet to be produced. He wants Tom Hanks to star as Dean Martin, Jim Carrey to play Jerry Lewis, John Travolta to play Frank Sinatra, Hugh Grant to play Peter Lawford, and Adam Sandler to play Joey Bishop.

A few of those I agree with, but definately not Hanks as Martin.
Posted By: Letizia B.

Re: Dean Martin biopic - 11/22/04 06:43 AM

Tom Hanks would KILL it!!! Well, the rest of them, too. But him, mostly. That's horrible. He's so overdone. I mean, yeah, he's a good actor, but Dean Martin? How's he gonna pull that one off? Besides, his VOICE!!! He sounds so... nasal, and like someone's trying to strangle him. That would never work!

And Hugh Grant as Peter Lawford? I don't see any connection there besides their being British.

Besides, I read that Hugh Grant is retiring from acting. Don't know if he means it this time, but that'd be interesting. No one ever retires anymore... they're too damn greedy. Or maybe they're just having fun. I don't wanna judge them. But I think it's the greed.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET