Home

which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film?

Posted By: James Gandolfini

which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/16/04 08:31 PM

Who would be your top 10 actors to star in mafia/gangster film?
Heres mine

Al Pacino
Robert DeNiro
Ray Liotta
Joe Pesci
James Gandolfini
Paul Sorvino
Michael Madsen
Sean Penn
Harvey Keitel
Steve Buscemi

Directed by Martin Scorcere(Obviously)
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/16/04 10:45 PM

I'd go with everyone you have except I'd sub out Sean Penn for Tony Sirico and Michael Madsen for Michael Imperioli
Posted By: Krlea

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/17/04 01:27 AM

Ditto what James said. You have to keep Michael Madsen. He is the quintessential mob guy.
Posted By: QTN

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/17/04 10:38 AM

If I had a 11th choice, it would be...JOE PANTILANO!!!
Posted By: plawrence

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/17/04 10:56 AM

Can't have a Mafia movie without Frank Vincent, and I never think of Sean Penn as an actor that is noted for his roles in this genre.

Ray Liotta is another actor who I don't think belongsin this group. While his performance in "Goodfellas" was truly excellent, I never felt that he "looked the part" of a gangster, and unless I'm mistaken, that was really his only role of that nature.
Posted By: Irishman12

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/17/04 02:16 PM

Thank you plaw, I can't BELIEVE I forgot about Frank Vincent!! What the f**k is the matter with me!??
Posted By: James Gandolfini

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/17/04 03:32 PM

Damn i forgot Frank Vincent i love him in Goodfellas, Raging Bull, The Sopranos and many others he can replace Sean Penn. But im still sticking with Ray Liotta he rocks in Goodfellas
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/18/04 08:19 PM

I would actually like to see a good mob movie with unknown actors.Not that these guys arent masters, but they have pretty much been typecast.
Posted By: Capo de La Cosa Nostra

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/18/04 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
What the f**k is the matter with me!??
You don't like Mean Streets. That's what's the matter is. :p

Well, it's a hard question to answer without being typical and expected. You could go for the "oldies" and more boring choices such as De Niro, and the obvious ones such as the WHOLE cast of The Sopranos. David Chase has the best of everything right now; just about every noted good (American) gangster actor has signed up for The Sopranos--and that was topped off with Vincent joining for season five. Like DSS said, all of these have been typecast.

My unconventional choices that I think would be excellent in a gangster film.

Ray Winstone
Robbie Coltrane
Ian McShane
Tim Healy
Malcolm McDowell
Jimmy Nail
Phil Daniels
Christopher Eccleston
Mark Strong
...and I'd love to see Stephen Fry turn nasty as a laidback mobster, sitting at a table, cigar in hand, passing down orders to whack some poor guy.

Mick
Posted By: Don Jasani

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/18/04 11:49 PM

My list
in no particular order:
(couldn't narrow it down to 10)

Al Pacino
Robert De Niro
Joe Pesci
Michael Imperioli
Ray Liotta
James Gandolfini
Vincent Pastore
Frank Vincent
Michael Madsen
Edward Norton
Brad Pitt
James Caan
Harvey Keitel
Johnny Depp
Steve Buscemi
Dominick Chianese
Andy Garcia
Paul Sorvino
Chuck Zito
Antonio Banderas
Benicio Del Toro
Kevin Spacey
Sean Penn
Bruno Kirby
Joe Mantegna
Posted By: Cancerkitty

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/20/04 03:13 AM

No one here likes Dennis Farina? That guy kicks the ass.
Posted By: Cybershmuck

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/26/04 07:52 AM

Robert DeNiro
Al Pacino
Steve Buscemi
Joe Pesci
Harvey Keitel
Chazz Palminteri
Joe Viterelli
James Goldifini
Andy Garcia
Anthony LaPaglia
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/27/04 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybershmuck:
Joe Viterelli
Then it must sadden you to know that he died earlier this year.
Posted By: da_bad_guy

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 09/27/04 05:26 PM

top 10- Pacino
DeNiro
Pesci
Liotta
Sorvino
Penn
Benico Del Toro
James Cann
Andy Garcia
Johnny Depp
Posted By: DE NIRO

Re: which 10 actors would you choose to star in a mafia film? - 10/03/04 02:31 PM

de niro
pacino
pesci
paul sirvino
johnny depp
ray liotta
frank vincent
chazz palimenti (sonny bronx tale)
james caen
robert duvell

many more but minds gone blank
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET