Home

road to perdition

Posted By: scarfacetm

road to perdition - 09/14/04 11:39 PM

this movie even thou some may not consider it a mafia movie was pretty good. wonder if anyone else has seen this movie.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: road to perdition - 09/15/04 04:52 AM

I thought it was pretty good, but not in a class with the GF Trilogy or Scorsese's Mafia trio.
Posted By: plawrence

Re: road to perdition - 09/15/04 02:19 PM

I liked it a lot and thought it was excellent. I saw it with my then-thirteen-year-old son, and my judgement may be impaired by the fact that it was a great father-son story.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: road to perdition - 09/15/04 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
I thought it was pretty good, but not in a class with the GF Trilogy or Scorsese's Mafia trio.
same here. just like the reservoir dogs, boondock saints, to name a few. but still a great and not to miss movie.

GoodFella
Posted By: AllEyesOnChris

Re: road to perdition - 09/15/04 04:45 PM

Gangs of New York was a good flick. Not quite and "epic", but on a large scale nonetheless. Granted I haven't seen much of his early work, but I have to say Goodfellas is the best I've seen of his.
Posted By: AllEyesOnChris

Re: road to perdition - 09/15/04 04:45 PM

Sorry, wrong thread...
Posted By: Santino Corleone

Re: road to perdition - 09/18/04 03:36 AM

Excellent film. I thought Tom Hanks and Paul Newman did great jobs.
Posted By: Tony Mosrite

Re: road to perdition - 09/18/04 07:09 PM

I agree with Turnbull and goodfellaoogie. it's a good movie, but not that great.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: road to perdition - 09/18/04 08:37 PM

I havent seen it.I did want to see it pretty badly at one time, but Ive heard that its not all that great.Now its pretty low on my list, but I will get to seeing it one of these days.
Posted By: Cybershmuck

Re: road to perdition - 09/28/04 09:27 AM

Very nice cinematography but I thought the whole movie was nothing special of a gangster movie.

I found parts of it pretty boring..
Posted By: SC

Re: road to perdition - 09/28/04 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybershmuck:
Very nice cinematography but I thought the whole movie was nothing special of a gangster movie.
Thats the way I'd sum it up, too. It was an excellent "visual" flick (that scene in the rain when Newman "gets it" is absolutely gorgeous to look at) and its nicely acted but its just an average movie in whole.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET