Home

Tommy being whacked

Posted By: Irishman12

Tommy being whacked - 09/07/04 04:29 AM

I know this has been discussed before, but I forgot the answer to the question. Upon watching the Goodfellas SE, why is Tuddy the one who shoots Tommy??
Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/09/04 05:42 PM

You mean literally why is it him? Or do you mean on the SE something's different?

Tuddy probably whacked him because who else would be convincing as taking Tommy to the "making" ceremony. If it's some button Tommy would realize what's going on.
Posted By: Don Vercetti

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/09/04 06:53 PM

In real life John Gotti himself pulled the trigger.

Killing Tommy helped Gotti rise up being the one to kill the man who killed Billy Batts and Foxy.

In the movie why did he kill him? Because they would do that FOR the bosses angry as a way of saying they were sorry although it was actually Gotti.

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/10/04 04:02 AM

I've never heard that before, in any books or articles. Where did you learn that John Gotti whacked Tommy DeSimmone?
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/10/04 05:03 AM

Mustain and Capeci, in "Mob Star," say that Gotti ordered Tommy's father in law to set him up, but they fudge on who actually killed him. According to them, he was weighted down and dumped in Jamaica Bay.

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/10/04 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
I've never heard that before, in any books or articles. Where did you learn that John Gotti whacked Tommy DeSimmone?
Henry Hill's newer book.

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/13/04 03:01 AM

I haven't read that yet.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/13/04 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Signore Sole Aumentante:
Where did you learn that John Gotti whacked Tommy DeSimmone?
Doesnt it say in Wiseguy that he was whacked by "The Gotti crew"

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/17/04 04:36 AM

Another question about Tommy getting whacked, how did they find out Tommy did it? I mean, it was only Tommy, Henry & Jimmy there who did it & they wouldn't have rated each other out. So who gave Tommy up??

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/17/04 04:48 AM

Depends on which source you read, Irishman. I don't have "Wiseguy" in front of me. But in "Mob Star," the Gotti bio, Mustain and Capeci say that the Gotti crew murdered an airport hijacker named Foxy, framed Tommy for Foxy's murder, and killed Tommy by inviting him for a boat ride and dumping him overboard.
Posted By: scarfacelondon

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/17/04 12:58 PM

Tommy died but why in the end they showed Pesci shooting fires (the last scene) does that mean he is alive.

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/17/04 02:17 PM

No scarface london. I think that scene was from an old cowboys movie or something. I like it though but no it doesn't mean Tommy's still alive. So Turnbull, did they ever find his body when he was shot on the boat? Also, why did the movie say he got shot in the face & everything? Why not tell what really happened? I need to read Wiseguy!

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/17/04 10:15 PM

The Gotti bio doesn't say if anyone ever found Tommy's body--just says he "...was taken on a sea voyage, weighted down, and thrown overboard, thus joining his brother-in-law in the Jamaica Bay cemetary off Howard Beach." Now, there's something sketchy about this brief description. I spent a good deal of time fishing, boating and swimming in Jamaica Bay when I was a kid, and I can tell you that, at low tide, you can walk across practically all of it (attention: SC and plawrence!). Doesn't seem like a smart place to dump someone that you don't want found--unless you want him found.
Posted By: Alberto_Neri

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/19/04 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by scarfacelondon:
Tommy died but why in the end they showed Pesci shooting fires (the last scene) does that mean he is alive.
It says on IMDB that it is a tribute to an old film called "The great trainrobbery", where a similiar scene takes place...
Posted By: Don Pope

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/19/04 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
I know this has been discussed before, but I forgot the answer to the question. Upon watching the Goodfellas SE, why is Tuddy the one who shoots Tommy??
Tuddy was the one who ordered tommy dead, where does it show that in the movie?

Re: Tommy being whacked - 09/19/04 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
Depends on which source you read, Irishman. I don't have "Wiseguy" in front of me. But in "Mob Star," the Gotti bio, Mustain and Capeci say that the Gotti crew murdered an airport hijacker named Foxy, framed Tommy for Foxy's murder, and killed Tommy by inviting him for a boat ride and dumping him overboard.
I heard that although there seems to be many opinions. In Hill's new book he states Tommy got into an arguement with Foxy and later went to his apartment and shot him when he opened the door. I guess we will never actually know.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET