Home

goodfellas dvd

Posted By: scarfacetm

goodfellas dvd - 08/23/04 12:27 AM

for those who where wondering about it i just saw a commercial on TNT for it 2 disc dvd out today
Posted By: tuneturner

Re: goodfellas dvd - 08/23/04 02:19 AM

I just picked it up yesterday. Well worth it. I went to Tower Records to purchase it and got a free Goodfellas T-Shirt and Goodfellas pin with the purchase for free.

The one feature I really enjoyed was on disc one they have a commentary by the "Cop and the Crook". This is Henry Hill and the Federal Agent that got him to flip. It was very interesting though there were frequent dead spots and some of the commentary was forced.

One question I have if anyone has seen this commentary is whenever Henry and the Fed talk about "Morrie" (the guy with the bad lid) they bleep out his real name on the audio. I've done some scouting around with no success, who was this guy in real life and why do the bleep his name.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Posted By: howardsternisgod

Re: goodfellas dvd - 08/24/04 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tuneturner:
I just picked it up yesterday. Well worth it. I went to Tower Records to purchase it and got a free Goodfellas T-Shirt and Goodfellas pin with the purchase for free.

The one feature I really enjoyed was on disc one they have a commentary by the "Cop and the Crook". This is Henry Hill and the Federal Agent that got him to flip. It was very interesting though there were frequent dead spots and some of the commentary was forced.

One question I have if anyone has seen this commentary is whenever Henry and the Fed talk about "Morrie" (the guy with the bad lid) they bleep out his real name on the audio. I've done some scouting around with no success, who was this guy in real life and why do the bleep his name.
Was your shirt an extra-large? I would have preferred a large but they said all they had was extra-large. Also, does your DVD have a paper insert in the box? Mine does not.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: goodfellas dvd - 08/24/04 02:43 AM

Quote:
This has been asked a lot in the last few days,but...his real name was Marty Krugman and the only reason I can think of why his name was bleeped is that his family didnt want his name mentioned unless they make a lot of money off it.
Posted By: Signore Sole Aumentante

Re: goodfellas dvd - 08/24/04 03:48 AM

No my DVD didn't have a paper inside the box. I was disappointed because new DVDs always have paper menus.

Maybe Morrie's real name wasn't used like the same way they never mentioned Paul Cicero was really Vario and Jimmy Conway was Burke, they just used the film names-- but when it came to Morrie using his fake first name would have been odd so they just said his name.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: goodfellas dvd - 08/24/04 06:22 AM

Quote:

I just watched the commentary, and I agree whole heartedly with what you said about it. It was worth watching, but much of the commentary was forced. There was numorous times that the FBI Agent had to strike up a question just to get Hill going and that ruined the moment a little bit.

Re: goodfellas dvd - 08/25/04 12:41 AM

raggingbull2003 - Did your DVD box have a paper insert?
Posted By: RizzoInTheBox

Re: goodfellas dvd - 08/25/04 01:48 AM

Mine had no insert.
Posted By: raggingbull2003

Re: goodfellas dvd - 08/25/04 01:49 AM

Mine didnt, but im not bummed about it or anything.

Re: goodfellas dvd - 08/26/04 12:57 AM

RizzoInTheBox and raggingbull2003 - Cool, thanks for letting me know. I once got a DVD with no insert when it turns out that it was supposed to have one, so I was wondering what the deal was with this one. By the way, RizzoInTheBox, what is your name's meaning? Is it, by any chance, a reference to Frank Rizzo of The Jerky Boys?
Posted By: RizzoInTheBox

Re: goodfellas dvd - 08/26/04 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by howardsternisgod:
RizzoInTheBox and raggingbull2003 - Cool, thanks for letting me know. I once got a DVD with no insert when it turns out that it was supposed to have one, so I was wondering what the deal was with this one. By the way, RizzoInTheBox, what is your name's meaning? Is it, by any chance, a reference to Frank Rizzo of The Jerky Boys?
No, it's actually an AFI song off their first album.
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET