Home

Donnie Brasco-the movie

Posted By: The Iceman

Donnie Brasco-the movie - 08/02/04 02:35 AM

What did everyone here think about the movie Donnie Brasco? I bought it on DVD yesterday, have yet to watch it though. I'll be doing that later on.
Posted By: goodfellaoggie

Re: Donnie Brasco-the movie - 08/02/04 02:47 AM

good decision Iceman. its a good movie and worth the buy. watch out for the performance of Michael Madsen he did well as Sonnie Black and of course Mr Al and Johnny Depp. . .

GoodFella
Posted By: Santino Corleone

Re: Donnie Brasco-the movie - 08/02/04 03:50 PM

Excellent movie. I watch it about once a week.
Posted By: Rocky

Re: Donnie Brasco-the movie - 08/02/04 07:37 PM

This is an excellent movie. However, after finally reading the book, I have a totally different view of it. I still think it is a great movie, just not accurate.
Posted By: Don Sonny Corleone

Re: Donnie Brasco-the movie - 08/02/04 10:27 PM

Very good movie.Its in my top 25.
Rocky-Do you know how long it would be if they didnt change things a bit? They took what they needed to tell the story.
Posted By: Turnbull

Re: Donnie Brasco-the movie - 08/03/04 04:44 AM

I think it's a good movie: three stars out of four. Fine performances by Pacino and Depp, plus Madsen. But the book was definitely much better. A lot of emphasis was shifted, not too subtly. And they left out two essential (and exciting parts): Brasco's dealings with Frank Balistrieri, the Don of Milwaukee, and Tony Mirra, truly "a very scary guy."
Posted By: scarfacefan

Re: Donnie Brasco-the movie - 10/05/04 06:16 AM

A really good movie

The book is also good
Posted By: don vencent

Re: Donnie Brasco-the movie - 10/07/04 03:32 PM

I love that movie
one of my fav
Posted By: QTN

Re: Donnie Brasco-the movie - 10/07/04 03:36 PM

DONNIE BRASCO = good movie
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Donnie Brasco-the movie - 10/10/04 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocky:
This is an excellent movie. However, after finally reading the book, I have a totally different view of it. I still think it is a great movie, just not accurate.
I liked the movie very much. I just received the book in the mail today and started to read it. The book pulls you right in!

Don Cardi
Posted By: Don Cardi

Re: Donnie Brasco-the movie - 10/10/04 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by goodfellaoggie:
good decision Iceman. its a good movie and worth the buy. watch out for the performance of Michael Madsen he did well as Sonnie Black and of course Mr Al and Johnny Depp. . .

GoodFella
Yes, I too enjoyed Michael Madsen's performance as Sonny. Is anyone on here old enough to remember what weekly TV show Michael Madsen played a gangster on in the mid eighties?

Don Cardi
© 2024 GangsterBB.NET